ImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Stoute: "Between Leon, Wes and myself, they've never had this much talent go out to pitch FA's on coming to NY"

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,125

Steve Stoute is it time for him to go? 

Post#42 » by bleedblue3303 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:55 am

Am I over reacting or is it time for Steve Stoute to go?
First he announces on television the team will search for a New Coach while we still had a coach.
He was brought in to make the team and its owner, "Cool" and current. I don't think he has achieved either.
This is the final straw in my opinion. I think it would be common sense for such a high profile executive of a franchise not to wear the apparel of another franchise while taking public pictures. Bulls Shorts, really? It just seems like too many public gaffs for someone in his position.

Read on Twitter
gr3en
Rookie
And1: 18

Re: Steve Stoute is it time for him to go? 

Post#43 » by gr3en » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:46 am

he was bad news from day 1. give him the boot
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,313

Re: Steve Stoute: "Between Leon, Wes and myself, they've never had this much talent go out to pitch FA's on coming to NY 

Post#44 » by rajajackal » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:25 pm

lol why does it matter to you guys so much who our brand manager is, and why do you want one so well-connected and qualified to be fired so badly? shorts on a golf outing? fireable? really?
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,260

Re: Steve Stoute: "Between Leon, Wes and myself, they've never had this much talent go out to pitch FA's on coming to NY 

Post#45 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:01 pm

rajajackal wrote:lol why does it matters to you guys so much who our brand manager is, and why do you want one so well-connected and qualified to be fired so badly? shorts on a gold outing? fireable? really?

More people want him gone from First Take interview lol
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#46 » by F N 11 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:19 pm

You guys are overreacting. Those shorts are a fashion statement as they are like $500. What you should be mad about is him having united masters artist perform at halftime. He's getting a check, but he is well connected you cant doubt that.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,739

Post#47 » by omerome » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:20 pm

rajajackal wrote:lol why does it matters to you guys so much who our brand manager is, and why do you want one so well-connected and qualified to be fired so badly? shorts on a gold outing? fireable? really?

This is why it matters to us:

What does a brand manager do?

Brand managers are responsible for monitoring market trends and performing competitive analysis to make sure that the products and services of their brands stay relevant to current and potential customers.

https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/careers/what-does-a-brand-manager-do

Wearing another competitor's gear isn't keeping the NY Knicks brand relevant at all.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,313

Post#48 » by rajajackal » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:22 pm

omerome wrote:

This is why it matters to us:

What does a brand manager do?

Brand managers are responsible for monitoring market trends and performing competitive analysis to make sure that the products and services of their brands stay relevant to current and potential customers.

https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/careers/what-does-a-brand-manager-do

Wearing another competitor's gear isn't keeping the NY Knicks brand relevant at all.

i think what you are misunderstanding is that what this man wears on a golf outing is irrelevant to the work he is being tasked with. he was not hired to be our mascot
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#49 » by nedleeds » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:56 pm

Clown.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Post#50 » by robillionaire » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:00 pm

i can't be bothered to get worked up about what shorts a man chooses to wear i'm sorry
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,367

Post#51 » by Iron Mantis » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:02 pm

robillionaire wrote:i can't be bothered to get worked up about what shorts a man chooses to wear i'm sorry

No basketball to watch

NBA draft a month away

Pandemic, struggling economy, and civil unrest

Folks are on edge right now. :lol:
SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#52 » by SmoothLefty21 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:21 pm

I don't think he should be fired nor am I outraged but it's dripping with irony that a brand guru lacks such self-awareness in things pertaining to branding.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,548

Post#53 » by Capn'O » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:38 pm

SmoothLefty21 wrote:I don't think he should be fired nor am I outraged but it's dripping with irony that a brand guru lacks such self-awareness in things pertaining to branding.

Yes.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,483

Post#54 » by CharlesOakley » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:27 pm

You don't wear adidas if you work for nike - should be obvious and I'm sure an intern would get fired for this. He isn't on vacation, he's at work.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#55 » by Thugger HBC » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:31 pm

Your teams exec in charge of branding publicly wearing another teams brand.

Sound about right in Knicksland.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#56 » by WargamesX » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:39 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Your teams exec in charge of branding publicly wearing another teams brand.

Sound about right in Knicksland.

No he’s a clown.

They should hire Nas, at least he actually understands what he is supposed to be doing brand wise, and the hiring would be a not so subtle jab at Jay-Z and the Nets. The PR would be worth the cost alone.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man

Post#57 » by bleedblue3303 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:08 pm

rajajackal wrote:lol why does it matter to you guys so much who our brand manager is, and why do you want one so well-connected and qualified to be fired so badly? shorts on a golf outing? fireable? really?

I'm not sure its fireable. its the package of public mistakes that should never get made from a man in his position. Would it be appropriate for an executive from Mcdonalds to be wearing a burger king t-shirt?

His job is to get the maker of those "Cool" shorts to make a Knicks version and get the right people wearing them. How is he doing that by wearing the Bulls version.
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man

Post#58 » by bleedblue3303 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:13 pm

rajajackal wrote:lol why does it matter to you guys so much who our brand manager is, and why do you want one so well-connected and qualified to be fired so badly? shorts on a golf outing? fireable? really?

You are right. It doesn't matter who are brand manger is. It matters when they do interviews on first take and announce a coach will be fired.
It matters when they do breakfast club interviews.
no one would have notice the shorts. But he has made his self a public figure as a representative of the New York Knicks. That is why this is a big deal.
Magutier114
Ballboy
And1: 23

Post#59 » by Magutier114 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:01 am

He should be fired immediately. He has not improved anything in making the brand more attractive and if I remember correctly he has made a few errors since working for the Knicks. I don’t see him as being good at his job.
Spot31
Pro Prospect
And1: 527

Post#60 » by Spot31 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:21 am

He wore the shorts of our sworn enemy....Fire Him.
"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character hope." Rom. 5: 2-4

Return to New York Knicks