Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Loclown
Bench Warmer
And1: 12

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#341 » by Loclown » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:04 pm

I read an article today that proposed 3 Bulls trades.

1-Bulls send WC to GS for #2 and Looney and draft Wiseman.

2- Bulls send Lavine to Sac for Buddy and #12.

3-Bulls send Lauri, Otto, and others to SA for Derozen and Mills.

I do not like 2-3, but would be ok with 1. I think Wiseman has a higher ceiling than WC and Looney is a decent stop gap.
Who else thinks they could draft better than all Chicago teams?
dpucane
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#342 » by dpucane » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:34 pm

I think I'd do 2
Loclown wrote:I read an article today that proposed 3 Bulls trades.

I do not like 2-3, but would be ok with 1. I think Wiseman has a higher ceiling than WC and Looney is a decent stop gap.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using RealGM mobile app
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#343 » by gobullschi » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:13 am

I don’t love any of those deals, but I could live with the 1st deal if Wiseman impressed in workouts/interviews. I’ve never been impressed with WCJ’s ceiling. Just seems like a player that ends up overpaid or losing in free agency.

The second deal is reasonable depending on who was available at 12, but I’d prefer to keep LaVine (I think he makes All-Star team next season).

The 3rd deal is awful.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#344 » by ZOMG » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:02 am

You lost me at "Bulls send WC to GS for #2".

What the hell would the Warriors do with Wendell??? A timid, moody, undersized, non-shooting foul magnet who's a hindrance to a modern NBA offense?

Wendell is not worth a lottery pick, let alone a top 5 pick. That's just crazy talk.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#345 » by sco » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:17 pm

ZOMG wrote:

You lost me at "Bulls send WC to GS for #2".

What the hell would the Warriors do with Wendell??? A timid, moody, undersized, non-shooting foul magnet who's a hindrance to a modern NBA offense?

Wendell is not worth a lottery pick, let alone a top 5 pick. That's just crazy talk.

I find myself in the unusual position of agreeing with ZOMG - go figure. :wink:

I would do #1 though if GS would.

That said, I have a more optimistic view on WC. I think he can be a very viable starting, modern C, but like most Bulls, the question is how much of what we've seen from young dudes is a reflection of injuries and bad coaching. The facts are not on my side so far though.

The other 2 deals are "fair", but I don't see them advancing us closer to a title.
:clap:
stepic
Junior
And1: 380

Post#346 » by stepic » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:10 pm

Carter for the #2? You take that all day long.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#347 » by ChettheJet » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:02 pm

OK what about this

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2913178-knicks-trade-rumors-nyk-seriously-considering-moving-down-in-2020-nba-draft

Real or not it has the Knicks looking at a trading partner to move DOWN to 12-15 and get a player on a rookie rookie contract.

What if the Bulls get to that trading partner and talk about that team moving UP from #8 to #4 with the Bulls getting some similar level player or maybe a 2021 FRP to move up to #4?

Theory being the Bulls could get a player with the same upside/downside at #8 as #4, the Knicks have very little to offer but Kevin Knox or expiring contracts, so maybe that third team could provide a better player or pick for making the move. Possibly that third team would want Thad Young, Tomas Satoransky or an expiring Felicio and return a higher priced player.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#348 » by sco » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:16 pm

ChettheJet wrote:OK what about this

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2913178-knicks-trade-rumors-nyk-seriously-considering-moving-down-in-2020-nba-draft

Real or not it has the Knicks looking at a trading partner to move DOWN to 12-15 and get a player on a rookie rookie contract.

What if the Bulls get to that trading partner and talk about that team moving UP from #8 to #4 with the Bulls getting some similar level player or maybe a 2021 FRP to move up to #4?

Theory being the Bulls could get a player with the same upside/downside at #8 as #4, the Knicks have very little to offer but Kevin Knox or expiring contracts, so maybe that third team could provide a better player or pick for making the move. Possibly that third team would want Thad Young, Tomas Satoransky or an expiring Felicio and return a higher priced player.

IMO there would be no takers for any of those guys.
:clap:
dpucane
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#349 » by dpucane » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:57 am

ChettheJet wrote:OK what about this

The Bulls fleecing the Knicks in a trade is a long treasured tradition.

If they can get the Knicks 21 pick to switch you do it.

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,384

Post#350 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:08 pm

dpucane wrote:I think I'd do 2

#1 is a no brainer. Easily favors the Bulls in a weak draft even. No way GS wants to do this trade.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#351 » by Andi Obst » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:14 pm

Not that the Warriors would give up #2 for WCJ, but trading up only to draft Wiseman at 2 has to be close to my nightmare scenario for this draft. I guess taking Toppin at 4 is still worse, but it's pretty close.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
100proof
Starter
And1: 1,117

Post#352 » by 100proof » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:53 pm

Is there any deal that could be made between Boston and Chicago that would get the #4 to Boston?
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#353 » by ChettheJet » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:53 pm

Probably not because dropping 10 spots requires some genuine benefit not just potential. BOS has high priced big stars and under $10M projects and role players. Langford will come up, Smart might be an option but the Bulls don't need a SG behind Lavine, White is the combo guard. They need a PG. There is nobody else that comes in and moves ahead of anybody the Bulls have that equals those 10 spots
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#354 » by CBS7 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:32 pm

Did you mean #4 and WCJ for #2 and Looney for the first one?
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#355 » by TheStig » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:40 am

I would do #1 in a heart beat but there is no chance in hell GSW does it.

I don't like 2 or 3.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#356 » by TheStig » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:42 am

If Minny really has #1 in play. I'd love to do something based around #1 for Lavine. Not many guys want to go to Minny and I believe Zach still offseasons there.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#357 » by StunnerKO » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:09 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#358 » by weneeda2guard » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:01 am

If the knicks are willing to deal I dangle lauri and wcj and see if the knicks have a value in lauri worth more than what the projected 8th has in this draft. If okoro, or toppin or hayes or Haliburton is still on the board at 8th I flip lauri for the 8th and take 2 swings at this draft instead of 1. Get a asset that can be on their rookie deal which keeps you in the running for 2 max slots next off season rather then matching a huge lauri deal and killing your shot at 2 max slots.

A dream scenario would be trading Lauri get the 8th draft say hayes and okoro with the young core make a appearance In the playoffs then go into next off season with a good showing in a 1st or 2nd rd exit and having 2 max slots to lure a couple of free agents to join forces here with lavine coby wcj okoro hayes etc.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#359 » by weneeda2guard » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:11 am

TheStig wrote:If Minny really has #1 in play. I'd love to do something based around #1 for Lavine. Not many guys want to go to Minny and I believe Zach still offseasons there.

I would def do lavine for the 1 but what other asset are they sending to make the money work?

But I would assume they want a star a bit bigger than lavine preferably the 3rd star in their dream trio devin booker. Or they might send it for Bradley beal. I think those are the caliber of stars they are looking for.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#360 » by PlayerUp » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:37 am

TheStig wrote:If Minny really has #1 in play. I'd love to do something based around #1 for Lavine. Not many guys want to go to Minny and I believe Zach still offseasons there.

Trading Lavine would start our true rebuild which I am for doing.

Not sure Minnesota wants Lavine back but would be happy to give Lavine + anything not Lauri/WC/Coby/Future 1st for the #1. The #1 pick is unlikely to ever reach the level of Lavine offensively.

Return to Chicago Bulls