ImageImageImageImageImage

West - “Bargnani/Bosh would “blow this NBA outta the water”

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Jon_3232
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,942

West - “Bargnani/Bosh would “blow this NBA outta the water” 

Post#1 » by Jon_3232 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:23 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Think West is right that the Raps were 5-7 years too early and Bargs/Bosh would be great in today’s NBA ? , I personally don’t think so, Bargs would be even more of a defensive liability imo.

Interesting to hear tho
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Re: West - “Bargnani/Bosh would “blow this NBA outta the water” 

Post#2 » by 720 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:28 pm

13 game Godnani was amazing before he went down with injuries. When he came back he went back to being mediocre.

That stretch was the first time he was truly the first option and our offense was centred around his presence on the court.

With that being said I wasn’t a Bargnani fanboy and his lack of rebounding and no defensive interior presence meant that we were always going to be limited and I’m glad we moved on from him for obvious reasons.
Vaclac
Junior
And1: 178

Post#3 » by Vaclac » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:28 pm

Bargnani would be an even worse defender now. The one thing he was decent at defensively was one-on-one post defense which is much more rarely useful now than then. Also he wasn't actually that efficient a shooter, despite that being his primary role.
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,284

Post#4 » by raptorstime » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:29 pm

Bargnani was ahead of his time, skinny bargs would dominate the NBA.
prelude00
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,549

Post#5 » by prelude00 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:31 pm

If he stayed lean like he was in his rookie year, he would have been pretty solid. But he just didn't love the game enough to devote himself to it. Just seemed like he was going through the motions at times.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
TorontoRapsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,367

Post#6 » by TorontoRapsFan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:35 pm

Bosh would have had an easier time scoring. Don't see Bargs benefiting other than maybe shooting a few extra 3s a game. The team though, with a legit 5 man out set up could do some damage. Not sure what would happen on D though.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,283

Post#7 » by ruckus » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:36 pm

Offensively, yeah, that team was too early. I know that BC always blames the fate of that team on the Garbo and Ford injuries but those 2 guys were extremely important to the makeup of that squad.

I'm probably mixing years up here but Ford, Parker, Garbo, Bosh, Bargs with Jose, Rasho, Delfino, Kapono is nothing to laugh at. Lots of shooting there, some good playmaking, good halfcourt offense and transition offense. It could be a balanced attack with a bias towards the perimeter that thrives nowadays.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#8 » by Son Goku 25 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:39 pm

Jon_3232 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Think West is right that the Raps were 5-7 years too early and Bargs/Bosh would be great in today’s NBA ? , I personally don’t think so, Bargs would be even more of a defensive liability imo.

Interesting to hear tho

Lol BC was ahead of the game
Read
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#9 » by Indeed » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:41 pm

Bargnani has issue being a help defender, and the NBA has been even more emphasis on perimeter defense than ever, so I don't think Bargnani would survive with the quick pace. Bosh is also limited being a thin C, where he is more comparable to Ibaka. I think the current Raptors PF-C position has been amazing and much better (expect Gasol is washed out), we are just lacking some offense from SF (eg. Leonard) and or 6th man (bigger size) off the bench.
theocratic_n'_nature
Pro Prospect
And1: 372

Post#10 » by theocratic_n'_nature » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:42 pm

prelude00 wrote:If he stayed lean like he was in his rookie year, he would have been pretty solid. But he just didn't love the game enough to devote himself to it. Just seemed like he was going through the motions at times.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

I remember that one game where Bargs hit a dagger 3 and then promptly turned to the opposing bench and started swearing at them in Italian. There's a chance that something happened and he got turned off from a possible passion he had for the game, but more than likely you're right, he didn't love the game enough. Bosh might have been a top 8 player in today's game.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,233

Post#11 » by TheAlchemist » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:42 pm

There's a Bargnani in the western confrence, minus the passing.

His name is Jokic.

Bosh would be such a killer in the NBA at this point, I'm thinking top 5 MVP candidate. Bargnani would be great to have, but the biggest thing would be the return we get for him if we had him.

I'd think we'd get a Donovon Mitchell / Beal , for a big man center that can put the ball on the floor and shoot the 3.
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#12 » by MixxSRC » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:46 pm

it would be interesting to see Bargnani under Nurse.
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,233

Post#13 » by TheAlchemist » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:47 pm

Man, I kind of feel bad for Colangelo and the coaches during this era.

How frustrating is it to have a player, this damn talented, with no heart.

It's crazy.
revvolutions
Starter
And1: 1,270

Post#14 » by revvolutions » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:48 pm

Alright who threatened David West's life
[img]http://i57.tinypic.com/bfj4f4.png[/im2g]
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,803

Post#15 » by ash_k » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:48 pm

That is quite a remark coming from someone like David West..he is not the type that looks for headlines at all.
Very interesting but I will always believe that Rudy Gay and Bosh would have been the future.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#16 » by alienchild » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:53 pm

MixxSRC wrote:it would be interesting to see Bargnani under Nurse.

Yah, nailed to the bench waiting for Boucher to come off the court.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,036

Post#17 » by ontnut » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:53 pm

TheAlchemist wrote:There's a Bargnani in the western confrence, minus the passing.

His name is Jokic.

Bosh would be such a killer in the NBA at this point, I'm thinking top 5 MVP candidate. Bargnani would be great to have, but the biggest thing would be the return we get for him if we had him.

I'd think we'd get a Donovon Mitchell / Beal , for a big man center that can put the ball on the floor and shoot the 3.

Jokic is MILES better than Bargnani ever was. TS% 60+ vs 53%. Calling it "passing" doesn't do it justice when the guy has a 30% vs 7% Ast%. Also he way outrebounded Bargnani at 18.3% vs 9.5% TRB. They are in completely different leagues in terms of every stat except total points. Really the only thing similar is their 3p% and FT%.

Late stage Bosh with the 3's and D would've been really nice that's for sure. Top 5 is always hard as a big man in this era, but top 10-15 for sure.

Bargnani would be dragged out to the perimeter in all sorts of PnR action and targetted heavily in the playoffs. Think Vucevic vs. Raptors. One dimesional 7 footers still get crushed in today's league. Bargnani would have to be pulled in certain matchups, making it hard for him to get going, and we know what happens to his heart when he has to ride the bench. Talentwise, sure the guy had it in spades, but just couldn't get his head right, and I think going #1 had a lot to do with that.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,438

Post#18 » by mtcan » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:56 pm

So West is saying that Bryan Colangelo was a visionary?
makeready
Senior
And1: 1,222

Post#19 » by makeready » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:01 pm

bosh yes, bargs no. the NBA hasn't changed in such a way that you dont need heart.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,725

Post#20 » by UcanUwill » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:02 pm

Bargnani's scoring potential (I say potential because most of his scoring was never substantial enough) was never his problem.

Return to Toronto Raptors