ImageImageImageImageImage

Kerr: “Right now, we're not big enough or athletic enough

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Re: Kerr: “Right now, we're not big enough or athletic enough 

Post#101 » by ShayDee » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:33 pm

Onus wrote:Gobert is great in the regular season but he has serious limitations that get exposed in the playoffs. I’m not sure you can win with him, because he’s essentially giving up free shots because he’s a drop back big.

Jazz were missing Bogdanovic, they would have gone far this year. Because they are the one team with someone that could have defended Bron and AD

They just need to add 1 more defender for those 2 players and 1 more 3 point wing shooter and they would be very very good
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,258

Post#102 » by Onus » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:41 pm

ShayDee wrote:
Onus wrote:Gobert is great in the regular season but he has serious limitations that get exposed in the playoffs. I’m not sure you can win with him, because he’s essentially giving up free shots because he’s a drop back big.

Jazz were missing Bogdanovic, they would have gone far this year. Because they are the one team with someone that could have defended Bron and AD

They just need to add 1 more defender for those 2 players and 1 more 3 point wing shooter and they would be very very good

Maybe but in reality Jamal Murray was unstoppable in the pick and roll and that’s because the jazz couldn’t switch.

The jazz were also deathly afraid of matching up with the rockets as well in the bubble.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#103 » by ShayDee » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:47 pm

Onus wrote:
ShayDee wrote:

Maybe but in reality Jamal Murray was unstoppable in the pick and roll and that’s because the jazz couldn’t switch.

The jazz were also deathly afraid of matching up with the rockets as well in the bubble.

Because they didn't have Bogdanovic. He was their #1 FA signing and he had a very very good year. Like he was the missing piece for the Jazz. The only problem was the 5 out offense from the rockets. But that didn't work when they faced the Lakers. Rockets team was overrated. OKC took them to 7? Like lmao
northoakland510
Starter
And1: 607

Post#104 » by northoakland510 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:21 pm

Onus wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
Onus wrote:Most if not all 7ft don’t close the game. There’s very few that do. Ad and Giannis can. Then you have other 7ft people who’s offense game is soo good that they’re ok with compromising their defense. And that’s the question will he be able to do it all defensively. If he can he’s the best prospect hands down. If he cant he’s limited and won’t be able to close games for you without compromising your defense

His offense can be good enough. Gobert closes games for Jazz and he sucks on offense. Maybe not year 1 but down the line I believe Wiseman will be a force in this league. That warrants the #1 pick in this draft in my opinion. Also in his rookie year he will put up very good stats

Gobert is great in the regular season but he has serious limitations that get exposed in the playoffs. I’m not sure you can win with him, because he’s essentially giving up free shots because he’s a drop back big.

Lol I remember watching Utah vs Denver in the playoffs thinking Gobert teammates were freezing him out. That dude was doing all the hustle and dirty work on defense, but they wouldn't look his way on offense. I also found myself watching Gobert at times like the dude is so big that at least 5 rebounds a game just fall in his lap. I believe Wiseman can be a lot more fluid on offense than Gobert.
Onus
RealGM

Post#105 » by Onus » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:58 pm

ShayDee wrote:
Onus wrote:
ShayDee wrote:Jazz were missing Bogdanovic, they would have gone far this year. Because they are the one team with someone that could have defended Bron and AD

Because they didn't have Bogdanovic. He was their #1 FA signing and he had a very very good year. Like he was the missing piece for the Jazz. The only problem was the 5 out offense from the rockets. But that didn't work when they faced the Lakers. Rockets team was overrated. OKC took them to 7? Like lmao

Sure I guess you could say they could use more offense even though they were letting Murray go for 50 and avg 30+ ppg.
iconoclastism
Ballboy
And1: 8

Marc Gasol might be available 

Post#106 » by iconoclastism » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:32 am

It would be nice to be able to sign Marc as a backup on a MLE.

GSW still needs a younger starting caliber non-injury prone defensive big to pair with Draymond while letting Wiggins, Klay and Curry do all the scoring.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Re: Marc Gasol might be available 

Post#107 » by tarantism » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:36 pm

iconoclastism wrote:It would be nice to be able to sign Marc as a backup on a MLE.

GSW still needs a younger starting caliber non-injury prone defensive big to pair with Draymond while letting Wiggins, Klay and Curry do all the scoring.
Marc Gasol? He's going back to Spain. I think he's going to play for Barcelona.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
Onus
RealGM

Post#108 » by Onus » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:44 pm

tarantism wrote:
iconoclastism wrote:It would be nice to be able to sign Marc as a backup on a MLE.

He could also come back after their season is done. Our season is starting really late.
tarantism
Lead Assistant

Post#109 » by tarantism » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:05 pm

Onus wrote:
tarantism wrote:

He could also come back after their season is done. Our season is starting really late.
I have heard that but I'm skeptical. He's in the twilight of his career and he's going back to his home country. Not saying he won't, but I don't see a ton of reasons why he should.

Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
Onus
RealGM

Post#110 » by Onus » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:25 pm

tarantism wrote:
Onus wrote:
tarantism wrote:Marc Gasol? He's going back to Spain. I think he's going to play for Barcelona.

I have heard that but I'm skeptical. He's in the twilight of his career and he's going back to his home country. Not saying he won't, but I don't see a ton of reasons why he should.

~10M is a lot to turn down for 20mpg
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#111 » by xdrta+ » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:28 pm

Onus wrote:
tarantism wrote:
Onus wrote:He could also come back after their season is done. Our season is starting really late.

How will he get 10M?
Onus
RealGM

Post#112 » by Onus » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:29 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Onus wrote:
tarantism wrote:I have heard that but I'm skeptical. He's in the twilight of his career and he's going back to his home country. Not saying he won't, but I don't see a ton of reasons why he should.

How will he get 10M?

Isn’t that what the mle is expected to be around?
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#113 » by xdrta+ » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:35 pm

Onus wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
Onus wrote:~10M is a lot to turn down for 20mpg

How will he get 10M?

For a taxpaying team like the Warriors, it will be around $5M. I would expect it to be used up by the time Gasol would come back for the end of the season.
tarantism
Lead Assistant

Post#114 » by tarantism » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:46 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Onus wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:
How will he get 10M?

For a taxpaying team like the Warriors, it will be around $5M. I would expect it to be used up by the time Gasol would come back for the end of the season.
Yeah especially considering how few teams have cap space this year. Lots of guys will be signing MLE deals in Free Agency this year.

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#115 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:10 pm

If we are patient we might find real value with the MLE this season.

This would be the year for free agents to prioritize winning over extra money because of the current state of monies in the league.

If a guy gambles on himself with a team that has a shot to rim it, then that player could reap the benefits when the league normalizes the following year....hopefully.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,147

Post#116 » by TB » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:31 pm

Mylie10 wrote:If we are patient we might find real value with the MLE this season.

This would be the year for free agents to prioritize winning over extra money because of the current state of monies in the league.

If a guy gambles on himself with a team that has a shot to rim it, then that player could reap the benefits when the league normalizes the following year....hopefully.

Please be the case for Gallo or Crowder if we draft Wiseman.
Please be the case for Ibaka or Poeltl if we don't draft Wiseman.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#117 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:32 pm

Mylie10 wrote:If we are patient we might find real value with the MLE this season.

The Warriors could offer him the vet min early and let him stay away as long as he wants. He, like Bogut did, might take that shot.

I wonder if the Warriors will take a flier on buying/trading up into the bottom first/early second if one of the 6'10"/6'11" centers around there in this years draft fall to that area (Oturu, Nnaji), or if Poku or Smith fall into that range. Get size cheap.

I also wonder if they (Dray) might fall in love with going around that area for Xavier Tillman and his tweener high-iq hustle game.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#118 » by Little Digger » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:40 pm

Ibaka is the dream fit
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#119 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:06 pm

Little Digger wrote:Ibaka is the dream fit

I'd prefer Oubre with the TPE. 7 years younger and a needed position.

Find the size elsewhere.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,147

Post#120 » by TB » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:12 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Little Digger wrote:Ibaka is the dream fit

I'd prefer Oubre with the TPE. 7 years younger and a needed position.

Find the size elsewhere.

wouldn't be one or the other, since it would require different assets to get them.

Ibaka with MLE
Oubre with TPE

Return to Golden State Warriors