Image ImageImage Image

we dont need any trades

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Orangey
Ballboy
And1: 14

Re: we dont need any trades 

Post#21 » by Orangey » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:58 pm

Clint Eastwood wrote:The plan is to statistically bump up the players this year with proper coaching and then have options to trade to reshape the team.

In addition, we have yet to see how the Bulls play on a fanless court. I believe they will benefit greatly by the lack of a homecourt advantage. Especially, a young team coached by Donovan.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#22 » by johnnyvann840 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:22 pm

SHO'NUFF wrote:I think the Bulls plan is to not make any significant trades this year & hope this current roster will make the playoffs to entice upcoming star free agent(s). Once in that position.... trade away & build around our star players.

This team is currently setup to make all that a possibility in the next couple of years.

lol... so, the team makes the playoffs and that entices star players to come here to play with that team.... but then once we get star players here, we trade away the players that supposedly brought the star players here. This is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard when it comes to team building.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,243

Post#23 » by kodo » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:18 pm

I would assume a completely new organization from (almost) top down would ultimately create a very different team. I think it's just a matter of timing, and right now all our assets are rock bottom in value.

Earlier this year everyone wanted Boylen fired & replaced as soon as AK was hired. By being patient and going through the proper due diligence we got Donovan as a coach which was not even a scenario any team considered possible at the time. If we hired a new coach when people wanted, we'd be treadmilling again with yet another gamble on a random assistant with no reason to believe they'll be any better than Boylen, who had a championship resume and endorsement from Pops.

Point being that even if we want to completely redo this team, now is a pretty poor time to pull that trigger.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,537

Post#24 » by Dominator83 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:56 pm

Trades or no trades for this team is like deciding whether or not to shuffle deck chairs on the titanic, or leave them be. It's a two superstar minimum to even get into the conversation for contending. We currently have zero, and zero that project to be those type of players. Free agency is where the new regime is going to need to excel in.

So actually we do need trades, but smaller ones to clear cap. Like Thad and Sato for a bag of Doritos.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
HearshotKDS
Sixth Man
And1: 881

Post#25 » by HearshotKDS » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:28 pm

Doesn't necessarily have to be trades, but this team is desperate for an infusion of higher quality players than what they currently have. Whether that's from draft, FA, or trades the team has to improve. If the goal was to make playoffs for an early exit, they never needed to trade BUtler and we could have been 8th & out for the last 3 years. But the team did trade Butler so that tells me the goal is to be something greater than a 43 win speed bump for the 1st seed.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,708

Post#26 » by dougthonus » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:07 pm

:dontknow:

Saying we don't need trades makes little sense regardless of your situation. You always evaluate whether a trade can get you better. The LA Lakers will be evaluating whether trades can make them better this off-season as will the Miami Heat, as will every other NBA team including the Chicago Bulls.

You decide what your goals are and you make trades that better align you with those goals if they are available. Maybe they aren't available. Our guys are probably at relatively low value right now, so there shouldn't be a rush to make trades for the sake of making trades, but we are also bad enough that we shouldn't feel we need to hang on to anyone either.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#27 » by Pax for Prez » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:42 pm

dougthonus wrote::dontknow:

Saying we don't need trades makes little sense regardless of your situation. You always evaluate whether a trade can get you better. The LA Lakers will be evaluating whether trades can make them better this off-season as will the Miami Heat, as will every other NBA team including the Chicago Bulls.

You decide what your goals are and you make trades that better align you with those goals if they are available. Maybe they aren't available. Our guys are probably at relatively low value right now, so there shouldn't be a rush to make trades for the sake of making trades, but we are also bad enough that we shouldn't feel we need to hang on to anyone either.

Agreed, unfortunately our players contacts (expiring deals, Team option, and reasonable buyouts) are probably more valuable to teams than the player skill level they bring on the court.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,902

Post#28 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:47 pm

We are only getting talent here by 2 means trades or the draft. As we stand we don't have the cache as a franchise to lure superstars via free agency. Trades def have to be done

The only person I think we really need to trade is lauri and that's only because he is due a deal and I don't think its smart at this stage of our rebuild to commit to any player long term who is not a legit all star. I understood the lavine deal because you just got him in the jimmy deal and he is a asset that can be flipped due to the deal he has. At this point I think we have seen enough of lauri and I dont have high hopes he will be a all star. We need more than lauri can give us. But mainly the reason to flip him is his impending deal and imo would be smart to get a asset for him now maybe another later lottery pick and take a couple swings at this draft instead of 1 and not find ourselves in a place where we have to match some huge offer sheet for lauri or lose him for nothing. We made that same mistake with asik we should have traded him at the deadline in 2011 for wing help with rose.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
PhilLeotardo
Junior
And1: 220

Post#29 » by PhilLeotardo » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:56 pm

Dominater wrote:Trades or no trades for this team is like deciding whether or not to shuffle deck chairs on the titanic, or leave them be. It's a two superstar minimum to even get into the conversation for contending. We currently have zero, and zero that project to be those type of players. Free agency is where the new regime is going to need to excel in.

So actually we do need trades, but smaller ones to clear cap. Like Thad and Sato for a bag of Doritos.

Severely disagree on White, he definitely has the potential to be a superstar guard in the NBA, and people around the league agree as well. He is going to be a prolific scorer & a darn good defender. Had he gotten drafted by Miami or something, he’d be in ROTY talks. Obviously that didn’t happen, and he got traded to a team “coached” by Jim Boylan & put together with glue stick by YouGotGarred

LaVine is already a superstar scorer, just look at his #s. He’s just had the misfortune of playing for arguably the two worst coaches in recent NBA history & the two of the most toxic front offices, pretty much ever lol. He needs to put it all together & lock in on defense, but given his unprecedented improvements from year to year, all signs point to him getting better & better. We’ve never seen him in a healthy environment with a real coach either. Of course, he might not put it all together, but it’s a solid chance that he does

Signings & blockbuster trades will happen, of course. That’s par for the course with Karnisovas, he was one of the more active GMs in the NBA over the past 5/6 years. The focus should be on developing White/Lavine, so there are some foundational pieces in place prior to signing anyone. Don’t be surprised to see those two guys have a thunderous year together
PhilLeotardo
Junior

Post#30 » by PhilLeotardo » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:00 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:We are only getting talent here by 2 means trades or the draft. As we stand we don't have the cache as a franchise to lure superstars via free agency. Trades def have to be done

The only person I think we really need to trade is lauri and that's only because he is due a deal and I don't think its smart at this stage of our rebuild to commit to any player long term who is not a legit all star. I understood the lavine deal because you just got him in the jimmy deal and he is a asset that can be flipped due to the deal he has. At this point I think we have seen enough of lauri and I dont have high hopes he will be a all star. We need more than lauri can give us. But mainly the reason to flip him is his impending deal and imo would be smart to get a asset for him now maybe another later lottery pick and take a couple swings at this draft instead of 1 and not find ourselves in a place where we have to match some huge offer sheet for lauri or lose him for nothing. We made that same mistake with asik we should have traded him at the deadline in 2011 for wing help with rose.

They can absolutely sign talent. The PaxGar era is over with. The Bulls are a dormant goldmine, everyone knows that. They’re third in merch sales, and they’ve sucked for years. People simply didn’t want to work under a totalitarian dictatorship, but obviously that’s all over with now
PhilLeotardo
Junior

Post#31 » by PhilLeotardo » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:03 pm

HearshotKDS wrote:Doesn't necessarily have to be trades, but this team is desperate for an infusion of higher quality players than what they currently have. Whether that's from draft, FA, or trades the team has to improve. If the goal was to make playoffs for an early exit, they never needed to trade BUtler and we could have been 8th & out for the last 3 years. But the team did trade Butler so that tells me the goal is to be something greater than a 43 win speed bump for the 1st seed.

This doesn’t make any sense. What goal? Who’s goal? The people that traded Butler are long gone lol. We have no idea what the Bulls’ goals are
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,155

Post#32 » by SHO'NUFF » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:26 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
SHO'NUFF wrote:I think the Bulls plan is to not make any significant trades this year & hope this current roster will make the playoffs to entice upcoming star free agent(s). Once in that position.... trade away & build around our star players.

This team is currently setup to make all that a possibility in the next couple of years.

lol... so, the team makes the playoffs and that entices star players to come here to play with that team.... but then once we get star players here, we trade away the players that supposedly brought the star players here. This is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard when it comes to team building.

It's called free agency. Take a deep breath and learn to comprehend.

Bulls WANT this team to make the playoffs to entice big name free agent(s)....we have the money to sign a max free agent(s) the off-season AFTER... then we build around that team by making necessary trades to compliment the players we signed (during that off-season).

The Bulls goal is to sign a big name free agent to pair him with Lavine, Coby, or whomever looks to be a long term keeper (which will be determined this upcoming season). This isn't a rebuild. We have talented young players. That's what this upcoming season is for (for the new management to determine what's working and what isn't)... before most of the players contracts free up in 2021 off-season. The Bulls are actually in a very good position financially. They have options and aren't stuck long term. We have all our future draft picks.

It's really not rocket science. It's just about what most NBA teams do when building a team and signing big name free agents. Yet it's the dumbest thing you've ever heard when it comes to team building. Who hurt you?
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,902

Post#33 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:38 pm

PhilLeotardo wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:We are only getting talent here by 2 means trades or the draft. As we stand we don't have the cache as a franchise to lure superstars via free agency. Trades def have to be done

They can absolutely sign talent. The PaxGar era is over with. The Bulls are a dormant goldmine, everyone knows that. They’re third in merch sales, and they’ve sucked for years. People simply didn’t want to work under a totalitarian dictatorship, but obviously that’s all over with now

Doesn't matter our regime change free agents are only going with results. Right now our front office is unproven unless one is really impressed with what took place in Denver and donovan as a coach which they very well might be but without proven winning these stars are not choosing us over South Beach California or another winning franchise.

Add in the fact that if we match a big offer for lauri we will be losing our ability to get to 2 max slots which is a vital selling point we need if we hope to lure a giannis or davis or kawhi here they not coming here by themselves. They would want another star to join them.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,776

Post#34 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:06 am

ATRAIN53 wrote:I would trade WCJ and Porter if offered anything decent...

That Porter contract for his production is brutal.

WCJ body language on the court just turns me off.

I'd also trade Markkannen before overpaying him.
He'll be good but he needs a few more years to mature and figure out he needs to rebound and do more than chuck 3's.

Porter is an expiring deal so who cares how much he makes? Him playing well and coming off the books would be great for us. If he doesn't play well he is still off the books.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#35 » by Am2626 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:50 am

Krazykiwi wrote:I think with a good new coach, the Bulls with current rosters can definitely compete for a playoffs spot. possibly win 45 games next season. This team clearly has ample talents. Zach Lavine could take off next season and become a top 15 player in the NBA. Otter, Lauri should be better than this year. Coby White could develope into a solid 17ppg starter. This Bulls team doesnt lack talents, they need better team chemistry and fresh new voice, and they will get just that with the Donovan. I predict this Bulls team go 43-39 makes the playoffs.

In order to avoid mediocrity the Bulls need to get a top 4 pick in next year’s draft. We don’t want the ceiling of this team to be a 2nd round playoff exit every year. I’m good with 35 wins next year.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#36 » by MrFortune3 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:01 am

PlayerUp wrote:Bulls do not have a single player on this roster that is currently a Top 50 Player in the NBA.

We don't need trades
We don't need anything changed.

Everything is perfectly fine with this roster people.

MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#37 » by MrFortune3 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:13 am

kodo wrote:I would assume a completely new organization from (almost) top down would ultimately create a very different team. I think it's just a matter of timing, and right now all our assets are rock bottom in value.

Earlier this year everyone wanted Boylen fired & replaced as soon as AK was hired. By being patient and going through the proper due diligence we got Donovan as a coach which was not even a scenario any team considered possible at the time. If we hired a new coach when people wanted, we'd be treadmilling again with yet another gamble on a random assistant with no reason to believe they'll be any better than Boylen, who had a championship resume and endorsement from Pops.

Point being that even if we want to completely redo this team, now is a pretty poor time to pull that trigger.

I have said it since AK got here. They're not likely to overhaul the team immediately. He wants to see what he has. Even Evs has said he wanted to know why the players regressed.
They view the roster as talented and want to develop it out to see where they need to make changes first.
Krazykiwi
Senior
And1: 551

Post#38 » by Krazykiwi » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:39 am

Am2626 wrote:
Krazykiwi wrote:I think with a good new coach, the Bulls with current rosters can definitely compete for a playoffs spot. possibly win 45 games next season. This team clearly has ample talents. Zach Lavine could take off next season and become a top 15 player in the NBA. Otter, Lauri should be better than this year. Coby White could develope into a solid 17ppg starter. This Bulls team doesnt lack talents, they need better team chemistry and fresh new voice, and they will get just that with the Donovan. I predict this Bulls team go 43-39 makes the playoffs.

In order to avoid mediocrity the Bulls need to get a top 4 pick in next year’s draft. We don’t want the ceiling of this team to be a 2nd round playoff exit every year. I’m good with 35 wins next year.

2nd round playoff exit is bad? do you know how hard that is ? Clippers were a super team and got knocked in 2nd round. Bucks, most wins in the regular season, also 2nd round exit. My point is, make the playoffs first, then look down the road and add some pieces along the way. you don't go from 25wins to championship no matter how many first round picks you have stacked up. i would be happy with Bulls making the playoffs and exit in the first round. its a good start.
PhilLeotardo
Junior

Post#39 » by PhilLeotardo » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:01 am

Krazykiwi wrote:
Am2626 wrote:

2nd round playoff exit is bad? do you know how hard that is ? Clippers were a super team and got knocked in 2nd round. Bucks, most wins in the regular season, also 2nd round exit. My point is, make the playoffs first, then look down the road and add some pieces along the way. you don't go from 25wins to championship no matter how many first round picks you have stacked up. i would be happy with Bulls making the playoffs and exit in the first round. its a good start.

The clippers weren’t a super team. George surprised a lot of people who thought he was damaged goods with his play in OKC, but he got injured again & hasn’t looked that great since. He’s very good but having him on your team doesn’t make it a “super team”, at least not at this stage of his career.

Return to Chicago Bulls