ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas (Part III)

Moderator: ijspeelman

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Trade Ideas (Part III) 

Post#1341 » by Stillwater » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:08 am

100proof wrote:Would cavs be interested in something around Hayward and #14 and 26 for #5 and Salary (Exum, Nance Jr)?

Just gauging value of picks in this draft, and value of Hayward around the league. IMO acquiring Hayward would probably bump your team into the playoffs where they can be a threat. Also team would still have their youth moving forward.

Sexton/Garland
Windler/Porter Jr
Hayward/Osman
Love/Nance Jr
Drummond/Bell

have MLE, #14, #26 to round out roster. But IMO should be a playoff team easily with 60 mill in expiring for the Big free agency summer of 2021.

I think despite the draft being meh as far as trade down value, and maybe not a ton of difference in prospect upside between 10 and 25 CLE is doubtful to have interest in trading out of the top 10 or trading the 5 for one year sf rental esp one coming off another injury that will want to get paid next summer.
Nance is untouchable imo right now anyway and Exums expiring will have more value at the dl
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
100proof
Starter
And1: 1,117

Post#1342 » by 100proof » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:44 am

Stillwater wrote:
100proof wrote:Would cavs be interested in something around Hayward and #14 and 26 for #5 and Salary (Exum, Nance Jr)?

Just gauging value of picks in this draft, and value of Hayward around the league. IMO acquiring Hayward would probably bump your team into the playoffs where they can be a threat. Also team would still have their youth moving forward.

Sexton/Garland
Windler/Porter Jr
Hayward/Osman
Love/Nance Jr
Drummond/Bell

have MLE, #14, #26 to round out roster. But IMO should be a playoff team easily with 60 mill in expiring for the Big free agency summer of 2021.

I think despite the draft being meh as far as trade down value, and maybe not a ton of difference in prospect upside between 10 and 25 CLE is doubtful to have interest in trading out of the top 10 or trading the 5 for one year sf rental esp one coming off another injury that will want to get paid next summer.
Nance is untouchable imo right now anyway and Exums expiring will have more value at the dl

Fair enough.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,155

Post#1343 » by jbk1234 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:48 pm

Sexton/Garland
Windler/Porter Jr
Hayward/Osman
Love/Nance Jr
Drummond/Bell

The Cavs adding No. 5 is just delusional.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
ThatBoyNick
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,423

Post#1344 » by ThatBoyNick » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:44 am

How could Houston get Nance Jr?

I think he’d be a really nice 5 in our system, and a solid stretch 4 if he can keep developing his outside shot.

I’m thinking 3 team deal with Tucker + 2nd going to team X, Larry to Houston, 1st to Cavs

Normally Tucker would be untouchable, but I think RoCo + Nance would fill his shoes well.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1345 » by jbk1234 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:09 am

ThatBoyNick wrote:How could Houston get Nance Jr?

I think he’d be a really nice 5 in our system, and a solid stretch 4 if he can keep developing his outside shot.

I’m thinking 3 team deal with Tucker + 2nd going to team X, Larry to Houston, 1st to Cavs

Normally Tucker would be untouchable, but I think RoCo + Nance would fill his shoes well.
Cavs gave up a first to get him, they like him, he's signed to a reasonable deal, and he's young enough they don't have to worry about trading him while they can. It will be cost prohibitive for the Rockets to trade for him.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#1346 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:50 pm

Would Cavs accept 17th pick and expiring James Johnson for Larry Nance?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1347 » by jbk1234 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:43 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:Would Cavs accept 17th pick and expiring James Johnson for Larry Nance?
I doubt it. They really like him and he's on a very reasonable deal.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,638

Post#1348 » by big-shot-ROB » Sat Nov 7, 2020 12:40 pm

What do you guys here think is the trade value for Larry Nance Jr? (either Boston specific or in league general terms)
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1349 » by Stillwater » Sat Nov 7, 2020 3:14 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:What do you guys here think is the trade value for Larry Nance Jr? (either Boston specific or in league general terms)

More than teams would offer.
LNJ is probably the most underrated big in the league at this point. Obviously some are noticing his value increase but im guessing Ainge would not give CLE what they would need to move him.
Id take a 21 1st from a treadmill team if LNJ was on a bad contract but hes on a good one so i myself say untouchable.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1350 » by jbk1234 » Sat Nov 7, 2020 8:40 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:What do you guys here think is the trade value for Larry Nance Jr? (either Boston specific or in league general terms)
I don't think the Cavs would move him for 14. He was one of two players on the roster who played substantial minutes and posted a positive RPM. He's on a very reasonable contract.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,638

Post#1351 » by big-shot-ROB » Sat Nov 7, 2020 9:13 pm

Stillwater wrote:More than teams would offer.
LNJ is probably the most underrated big in the league at this point. Obviously some are noticing his value increase but im guessing Ainge would not give CLE what they would need to move him.
Id take a 21 1st from a treadmill team if LNJ was on a bad contract but hes on a good one so i myself say untouchable.

jbk1234 wrote:I don't think the Cavs would move him for 14. He was one of two players on the roster who played substantial minutes and posted a positive RPM. He's on a very reasonable contract.

That were my thoughts, just more valuale for the Cavs than anything any team can offer, similar to Smart. I just have honestly been in love with him since he was playing for the Lakers. He's in that tier of players who are super good but you only realise it when they play for your team. I'd kill to have him on my team.

Also, on a rather different topic but not in a im-interested-in-your-players way, what do you guys think about how the Cavs should handle the whole Sexton-Garland-KPJ situation?
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1352 » by jbk1234 » Sat Nov 7, 2020 10:39 pm

big-shot-ROB wrote:
Stillwater wrote:More than teams would offer.

jbk1234 wrote:I don't think the Cavs would move him for 14. He was one of two players on the roster who played substantial minutes and posted a positive RPM. He's on a very reasonable contract.

That were my thoughts, just more valuale for the Cavs than anything any team can offer, similar to Smart. I just have honestly been in love with him since he was playing for the Lakers. He's in that tier of players who are super good but you only realise it when they play for your team. I'd kill to have him on my team.

Also, on a rather different topic but not in a im-interested-in-your-players way, what do you guys think about how the Cavs should handle the whole Sexton-Garland-KPJ situation?
Sexton started to look like he figured some things out in the latter half of the season last year. I'd start him to see whether it was real, or a flash in the pan. He and Garland should never start in the same backcourt again. KPJ might be the steal of that draft if can even get to replacement level on defense.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1353 » by jbk1234 » Sat Nov 7, 2020 10:58 pm

cbosh4mvp wrote:
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 956

Post#1354 » by tleikheen » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:08 pm

Trade Idea :
Cleveland : Drummond (27) C 27 million / Exum (25) PG 9.6 million for Dallas : Tim Hardaway Jr (28) SG 20 million / Maxi Kleber (28) PF 8 million / Delon Wright (28) PG 9.4 million

2 contracts that Cleveland doesnt want and get back 3 players in their prime to bolster all the young players who face being a bottom of the league team again

Hardaway starting at the SG position and maybe pushing Sexton into the 6th man role, Kleber defensive minded playing alot of minutes behind Love and TT, and Wright replacing Exum as a combo guard adding defense next to Garland and Sexton whoever he happens to play next to
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#1355 » by Revenged25 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:14 pm

tleikheen wrote:Trade Idea :
Cleveland : Drummond (27) C 27 million / Exum (25) PG 9.6 million for Dallas : Tim Hardaway Jr (28) SG 20 million / Maxi Kleber (28) PF 8 million / Delon Wright (28) PG 9.4 million

2 contracts that Cleveland doesnt want and get back 3 players in their prime to bolster all the young players who face being a bottom of the league team again

Hardaway starting at the SG position and maybe pushing Sexton into the 6th man role, Kleber defensive minded playing alot of minutes behind Love and TT, and Wright replacing Exum as a combo guard adding defense next to Garland and Sexton whoever he happens to play next to

So trade away two great expiring contract assets for 3 players not on expiring that aren't even needle movers... no...
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1356 » by jbk1234 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:40 pm

tleikheen wrote:Trade Idea :

Based upon all available reporting, the Cavs aren't really looking to move Drummond just yet. They want to see what they have.

I'd be open to revisiting something like this around the deadline with draft capital attached from the Mavs end.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1357 » by jbk1234 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:20 pm

Love may actually be on the move for an expiring and late first. I feel like the Cavs fans who dogpiled him for what he wasn't, are really going to miss the spacing, defensive rebounding, and secondary facilitation he brought on offense.

There's a chance that Love looks much better on another team, and if that happens, I hope the Cavs F.O. is capable of the type of introspection that will be required to make the necessary team management improvements going forward.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#1358 » by Harper4Ferry? » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:14 pm

Does Aaron Gordon and #15 for #5 and Cedi/Exum work for anyone? I was looking at possible draft options and I'm not entirely sold on who we'd get at #5. Gordon has playmaking skills for a big and is pretty solid on defense. He's played the 3 quite a bit. He's also the same age as Cedi. Contract has 2 years left. I think that would give us a great frontcourt rotation. Nance could stay at 26 minutes, Love/Drummond 32 minutes, and Gordon could play considerable minutes between the 3/4.

Just take the BPA at #15. Hampton/Williams/Anthony/Achiuwa/Stewart all should be available in that range.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#1359 » by Stillwater » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:09 am

jbk1234 wrote:Love may actually be on the move for an expiring and late first. I feel like the Cavs fans who dogpiled him for what he wasn't, are really going to miss the spacing, defensive rebounding, and secondary facilitation he brought on offense.

There's a chance that Love looks much better on another team, and if that happens, I hope the Cavs F.O. is capable of the type of introspection that will be required to make the necessary team management improvements going forward.

If they do move him for a bad expiring it better be a 21 1st and tbh if Love is out I am more concerned my fears they are considering drafting Toppin are probably coming true too...if that transpires I may have to forfeit my fandom.The kid has T-Robb bust written all over him
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1360 » by jbk1234 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:48 am

Harper4Ferry? wrote:Does Aaron Gordon and #15 for #5 and Cedi/Exum work for anyone? I was looking at possible draft options and I'm not entirely sold on who we'd get at #5. Gordon has playmaking skills for a big and is pretty solid on defense. He's played the 3 quite a bit. He's also the same age as Cedi. Contract has 2 years left. I think that would give us a great frontcourt rotation. Nance could stay at 26 minutes, Love/Drummond 32 minutes, and Gordon could play considerable minutes between the 3/4.

Just take the BPA at #15. Hampton/Williams/Anthony/Achiuwa/Stewart all should be available in that range.
Hard pass from me, unless the Cavs are about to blow No 5 on Toppins, then why not?

cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers