ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1201 » by blueNorange » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:41 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
blueNorange wrote:i'd rather sign bradley jr, re-sign marisnick, and platoon them both vs giving springer a contract.

With a weak free agency, does Cohen want to make "His" mark? With Alderson and the ability to actually spend money now, it's going to be interesting to see how they approach fixing the holes on this team. Realmuto makes far too much sense and should be a priority, but how they round out the rotation and bullpen is also going to be interesting. Mets have a lot of holes, some real interesting pieces and an owner willing to spend.

Like everyone I love Bradley's glove, those two weeks he's on fire at the plate are awesome, but do the Mets want another Lagares type CF?

signing realmuto, hendricks, stroman, and bradley jr/marisnick is making his mark.

also trading for lindor.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#1202 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:03 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:
blueNorange wrote:i'd rather sign bradley jr, re-sign marisnick, and platoon them both vs giving springer a contract.

With a weak free agency, does Cohen want to make "His" mark? With Alderson and the ability to actually spend money now, it's going to be interesting to see how they approach fixing the holes on this team. Realmuto makes far too much sense and should be a priority, but how they round out the rotation and bullpen is also going to be interesting. Mets have a lot of holes, some real interesting pieces and an owner willing to spend.

Like everyone I love Bradley's glove, those two weeks he's on fire at the plate are awesome, but do the Mets want another Lagares type CF?

signing realmuto, hendricks, stroman, and bradley jr/marisnick is making his mark.

also trading for lindor.

Trading who for Lindor? I thought Lindor was a free agent. He just made some comment about the Indians having enough money to resign him.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1203 » by blueNorange » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:31 pm

1. he's a free agent next year, you start with gimenez and davis and work from there.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1204 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 9, 2020 5:47 am

blueNorange wrote:1. he's a free agent next year, you start with gimenez and davis and work from there.

You don't think Cleveland keeps and extends him?
POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#1205 » by Cookies4Life » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:03 pm

I guess the Mets are going to become the Evil empire now! I've been waiting on this for decades, I'm still in shock that Cohen bought this team.

Realmuto is someone they have to go all in for. We also need some help with our starting pitching. It was so sad to see Matz's downward spiral this year. With Thor coming back, this team needs a solid #3 and 4 guy. I'm assuming they'll probably try to resign Strowman which would be great.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1206 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:08 am

Cookies4Life wrote:I guess the Mets are going to become the Evil empire now! I've been waiting on this for decades, I'm still in shock that Cohen bought this team.

Realmuto is someone they have to go all in for. We also need some help with our starting pitching. It was so sad to see Matz's downward spiral this year. With Thor coming back, this team needs a solid #3 and 4 guy. I'm assuming they'll probably try to resign Strowman which would be great.

Reports say that Cohen's first order of business is going to be spending a lot of money on shoring up the scouting and analytics departments. Also, Sandy is a - how shall I put this? - thrifty spender, i.e. he'll spend the money wisely. I think that includes going in for Realmuto. The Phillies tabloids are already getting on their front office for not ensuring the team got an extension from JT in the trade.
POSTING POLICIES:
Cookies4Life
Rookie
And1: 1,411

Post#1207 » by Cookies4Life » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:22 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Cookies4Life wrote:I guess the Mets are going to become the Evil empire now! I've been waiting on this for decades, I'm still in shock that Cohen bought this team.

Reports say that Cohen's first order of business is going to be spending a lot of money on shoring up the scouting and analytics departments. Also, Sandy is a - how shall I put this? - thrifty spender, i.e. he'll spend the money wisely. I think that includes going in for Realmuto. The Phillies tabloids are already getting on their front office for not ensuring the team got an extension from JT in the trade.

I've been reading some of those articles on them "rolling the dice" on trading for JT without a commitment from him to extend.

Curious what do you think is going to happen to Brodie? I'm still upset about the Kelenic trade, he looks like he's going to be the real deal and should make his debut in the bigs this upcoming season. Granted, Cano had a good bounce back year and Diaz also looked very good but Kelenic's potential looks scary. Imagine Conforto, Smith, Nimmo, ALonso and Kelenic moving forward with other promising young guys like Gimenez. That lineup could be the very best in baseball in a couple seasons.

With Cohen at the helm, I'm assuming they're about to lock up Conforto to big money and rightfully so.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1208 » by blueNorange » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:18 am

well it's been reported brodie is getting fired, sandy is going to want a protege.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1209 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:24 am

This is excellent news.
POSTING POLICIES:
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1210 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:31 am

cohen making sure he doesn't get rejected

1. pleasing baseball heads by bringing back sandy if hired
2. paying the entire citifield staff money they lost due to not working this year, as well as christmas bonus.

so baseball can't so no to a man that'll not only bring back a well respected man but doing a good thing by paying his people.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1211 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:09 am

The fact that he's not JRod means he's getting approved but those two things help.
POSTING POLICIES:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,643

Post#1212 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:54 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1213 » by blueNorange » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:04 pm

move the **** out the way deblowsio.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,643

Post#1214 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:14 pm

blueNorange wrote:move the **** out the way deblowsio.

he seriously would risk the life of himself and his family if he got in the way of this deal :lol:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#1215 » by Daaaarryyl » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:46 pm

blueNorange wrote:move the **** out the way deblowsio.

He did. He said the Law Dept. will not stand in the way. Tweeted it out in the last 30 minutes.

First order of business is whether to offer the QO (18.9 mil) to Stroman. They only have a few days to decide or they don't get a compensation pick if he leaves as a FA.
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#1216 » by blueNorange » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:46 pm

cohen paying 7mm to employees had their salary reduced by 5-30% starting november 1st
cohen is paying 17.5mm to help small businesses that need money, especially heading towards this cold winter.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
RShahNyC89
Junior
And1: 404

Post#1217 » by RShahNyC89 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:00 am

Let Stroman's ass walk.

I'd prefer short, high AAV deals for Morton and Kluber. And if we're really thinking of s[ending money, I'd prefer Bauer. He has a **** you attitude and I think with Syndergod there would be some swagger to us.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1218 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:12 am

RShahNyC89 wrote:Let Stroman's ass walk.

I'd prefer short, high AAV deals for Morton and Kluber. And if we're really thinking of s[ending money, I'd prefer Bauer. He has a **** you attitude and I think with Syndergod there would be some swagger to us.

I think we can expect to go after and sign one of Bauer, JT Realmuto, or Springer.
POSTING POLICIES:
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,904

Post#1219 » by Jeffrey » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:30 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
blueNorange wrote:1. he's a free agent next year, you start with gimenez and davis and work from there.

You don't think Cleveland keeps and extends him?

Report is that Cleveland is looking to slash about 40 million dollars in payroll.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,904

Post#1220 » by Jeffrey » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:32 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
RShahNyC89 wrote:Let Stroman's ass walk.

I think we can expect to go after and sign one of Bauer, JT Realmuto, or Springer.

Problem with Bauer is his attitude. Someone in The Athletic suggest they need to speak to DeGrom if he's okay with it. Supposedly Gerrit Cole has a frosty relationship with him.

Also Bauer said that he only wants to do 1 year deal... that was before his career year and about to land a nice 5-6 year deal. So who knows.

Return to New York Knicks