Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#361 » by PlayerUp » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:42 am

weneeda2guard wrote:
TheStig wrote:If Minny really has #1 in play. I'd love to do something based around #1 for Lavine. Not many guys want to go to Minny and I believe Zach still offseasons there.

I would def do lavine for the 1 but what other asset are they sending to make the money work?

But I would assume they want a star a bit bigger than lavine preferably the 3rd star in their dream trio devin booker. Or they might send it for Bradley beal. I think those are the caliber of stars they are looking for.

Would be James Johnson + #1 for Lavine + Additional Assets(s).

Donovan would then be able to work with

#1 Pick
#4 Pick
Coby
Wendell
Lauri

We would be a bottom 8 team heading into the stacked 2021 and 2022 drafts.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#362 » by TheStig » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:53 am

weneeda2guard wrote:
TheStig wrote:If Minny really has #1 in play. I'd love to do something based around #1 for Lavine. Not many guys want to go to Minny and I believe Zach still offseasons there.

I would def do lavine for the 1 but what other asset are they sending to make the money work?

But I would assume they want a star a bit bigger than lavine preferably the 3rd star in their dream trio devin booker. Or they might send it for Bradley beal. I think those are the caliber of stars they are looking for.

We'd get James Johnson's expiring.

It's Minny. Who is that star player who wants to come to Minny and play with 2 loser ball hogs in KAT and Russell? If Devin doesn't demand a trade, who is going there?
TheStig
RealGM

Post#363 » by TheStig » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:55 am

PlayerUp wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:

Would be James Johnson + #1 for Lavine + Additional Assets(s).

Donovan would then be able to work with

#1 Pick
#4 Pick
Coby
Wendell
Lauri

We would be a bottom 8 team heading into the stacked 2021 and 2022 drafts.

I was thinking we'd need to add another asset as well. I think WC would be put in that deal. You end up with Coby, Edwards, Porter, Lauri and Wiseman next year.
PlayerUp
Analyst

Post#364 » by PlayerUp » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:04 am

TheStig wrote:I was thinking we'd need to add another asset as well. I think WC would be put in that deal. You end up with Coby, Edwards, Porter, Lauri and Wiseman next year.

I doubt Wiseman drops to #4 with reports teams impressed with him already despite no private workouts happening. He should be a Top 3 Pick.

WC + Lavine is quite alot for the #1. Need to meet in the middle.
TheStig
RealGM

Post#365 » by TheStig » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:07 am

PlayerUp wrote:
TheStig wrote:I was thinking we'd need to add another asset as well. I think WC would be put in that deal. You end up with Coby, Edwards, Porter, Lauri and Wiseman next year.

I doubt Wiseman drops to #4 with reports teams impressed with him already despite no private workouts happening. He should be a Top 3 Pick.

WC is not that valuable. He can't stay healthy, can't stop fouling and can't spread the floor. It's the perfect opportunity to sell.

I also think you'll be able to trade up for Wiseman if you really want him. Moving up from 4 to 2 or 3 won't cost you much.
PlayerUp
Analyst

Post#366 » by PlayerUp » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:10 am

TheStig wrote:
PlayerUp wrote:

WC is not that valuable. He can't stay healthy, can't stop fouling and can't spread the floor. It's the perfect opportunity to sell.

I also think you'll be able to trade up for Wiseman if you really want him. Moving up from 4 to 2 or 3 won't cost you much.

In that case, wouldn't it be better to hold onto WC and see what Donovan can do with him as he did make Horford into a solid player whereas Wendell has similar skillsets.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#367 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:23 am

Lavine for LaMelo?? :lol: yeah, right..
TheStig
RealGM

Post#368 » by TheStig » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:53 am

PlayerUp wrote:
TheStig wrote:
PlayerUp wrote:

In that case, wouldn't it be better to hold onto WC and see what Donovan can do with him as he did make Horford into a solid player whereas Wendell has similar skillsets.

WC is no Hortford. Sorry to burst that bubble.

I think the new FO and coaches will have poured over all the tape of these guys and have made some key judgements on who is a keeper, who is a maybe and who they want to move. Between the tape and the workouts, I think they've got a pretty clear idea. If they can trade up to the number 1, one of the pieces will be on the move.
PlayerUp
Analyst

Post#369 » by PlayerUp » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:23 am

TheStig wrote:
PlayerUp wrote:
TheStig wrote:WC is not that valuable. He can't stay healthy, can't stop fouling and can't spread the floor. It's the perfect opportunity to sell.

I think the new FO and coaches will have poured over all the tape of these guys and have made some key judgements on who is a keeper, who is a maybe and who they want to move. Between the tape and the workouts, I think they've got a pretty clear idea. If they can trade up to the number 1, one of the pieces will be on the move.

Didn't say he was but WC + Lavine is still too much value for a #1 in this draft. There isn't much difference drafting #1 or #8 in this draft. Better to instead move Lavine for lower picks you'd get more value back for the buck.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#370 » by ZOMG » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:39 am

This draft is simply horrible. And unfortunately, everybody knows it.

Hence, every team is wary of getting suckered into some bull**it pipedream deal involving the top picks where they give up proven NBA players and receive a whole lot of nothing in return.

I'm almost certain the best player out of this draft will end up coming from somewhere in the 10-15 range. What a crapshoot.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,450

Post#371 » by samwana » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:26 am

ZOMG wrote:This draft is simply horrible. And unfortunately, everybody knows it.

Hence, every team is wary of getting suckered into some bull**it pipedream deal involving the top picks where they give up proven NBA players and receive a whole lot of nothing in return.

I'm almost certain the best player out of this draft will end up coming from somewhere in the 10-15 range. What a crapshoot.
I agree, that's why I wouldn't give a damn about mocks and all the talk about who is projected where, I'd take the guy I want at #4 even if he is projected lower. If AKEV want Kira Lewis and there is no trade they like, they should take him at #4. Kira being just an example.
Those projections are just that, projections from some guys that have their own subjective views. This year more than ever is about getting a guy that fits what you want to accomplish, talent is all around the board, flaws as well. Nunn and Robinson got projected so low they weren't even drafted. That shows you the worth of those projections. So does Fultz going first or all those draft busts year after year.
Of course there is a Zion or AD or LeBron too, but even these guys have to fit and have to work out.

This draft is going to be exciting because nobody knows what's going to happen. And I'm looking forward to see what AKEV is going to do on draft night.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,640

Post#372 » by sco » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:47 pm

PlayerUp wrote:

Trading Lavine would start our true rebuild which I am for doing.

Not sure Minnesota wants Lavine back but would be happy to give Lavine + anything not Lauri/WC/Coby/Future 1st for the #1. The #1 pick is unlikely to ever reach the level of Lavine offensively.

I look at it this way. I see Lavine as a #2 scoring option on a contending team, and the only trades I consider are package deals for a guy who can be a #1 option on a contender (which can be a pick, but it's hard for me to see that guy in this year's draft).
:clap:
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,927

Post#373 » by Frichuela » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:19 pm

ZOMG wrote:
Loclown wrote:I read an article today that proposed 3 Bulls trades.

1-Bulls send WC to GS for #2 and Looney and draft Wiseman.

2- Bulls send Lavine to Sac for Buddy and #12.

3-Bulls send Lauri, Otto, and others to SA for Derozen and Mills.

I do not like 2-3, but would be ok with 1. I think Wiseman has a higher ceiling than WC and Looney is a decent stop gap.

You lost me at "Bulls send WC to GS for #2".

What the hell would the Warriors do with Wendell??? A timid, moody, undersized, non-shooting foul magnet who's a hindrance to a modern NBA offense?

Wendell is not worth a lottery pick, let alone a top 5 pick. That's just crazy talk.

Wiz fan here in peace.

Would you do Carter for Bryant + #37 in this draft?
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#374 » by Grodoboldo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:32 pm

Frichuela wrote:
ZOMG wrote:

I do not like 2-3, but would be ok with 1. I think Wiseman has a higher ceiling than WC and Looney is a decent stop gap.

What the hell would the Warriors do with Wendell??? A timid, moody, undersized, non-shooting foul magnet who's a hindrance to a modern NBA offense?

Wendell is not worth a lottery pick, let alone a top 5 pick. That's just crazy talk.

Wiz fan here in peace.

I wouldn't, but I'm admittedly higher on WCJ than most.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#375 » by StunnerKO » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:47 pm

Wolves should try and get Beal
dpucane
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#376 » by dpucane » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:25 pm

Frichuela wrote:
ZOMG wrote:

Wiz fan here in peace.

Not even close

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using RealGM mobile app
TheStig
RealGM

Post#377 » by TheStig » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:26 pm

PlayerUp wrote:
TheStig wrote:
PlayerUp wrote:

Didn't say he was but WC + Lavine is still too much value for a #1 in this draft. There isn't much difference drafting #1 or #8 in this draft. Better to instead move Lavine for lower picks you'd get more value back for the buck.

If you think Edwards is a star, then it's not too much value. To me, he seems like the only real fluid athlete who can create. But I'm not a college guy.

My point was I don't think WC is worth much at all. If the FO doesn't think Lavine is worth 30 mill a year that he'll get in 2 years. Then I think it's a good deal.
TheStig
RealGM

Post#378 » by TheStig » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:34 pm

sco wrote:
PlayerUp wrote:

Not sure Minnesota wants Lavine back but would be happy to give Lavine + anything not Lauri/WC/Coby/Future 1st for the #1. The #1 pick is unlikely to ever reach the level of Lavine offensively.

I look at it this way. I see Lavine as a #2 scoring option on a contending team, and the only trades I consider are package deals for a guy who can be a #1 option on a contender (which can be a pick, but it's hard for me to see that guy in this year's draft).

So here is the thing. Do you think Lavine is worth 30+ mill in 2 years? If you do, then keep him. I don't think we'll be a high level team and I don't think he quite is that guy. So for me, I'd move him. And the only guy with that type of talent to me is Edwards. So if you can get Edwards for Lavine, you do it. Because Edwards and the cap space is better than Lavine.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,640

Post#379 » by sco » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:44 pm

TheStig wrote:
sco wrote:
PlayerUp wrote:

So here is the thing. Do you think Lavine is worth 30+ mill in 2 years? If you do, then keep him. I don't think we'll be a high level team and I don't think he quite is that guy. So for me, I'd move him. And the only guy with that type of talent to me is Edwards. So if you can get Edwards for Lavine, you do it. Because Edwards and the cap space is better than Lavine.

I see it this way. If Lavine is worth $30M because he improves a little (and that's all it will take for me to think he's worth that). If he doesn't, we're not on the hook and can use that money better elsewhere. I think the chances are much much better that Zach improves a little than Edwards (who has big question marks about his BBIQ and other parts of his game) becoming remotely as good as Zach.

If the Bulls like Edwards enough to trade for him, I'd trust them to make that deal.
:clap:
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,529

Post#380 » by Andi Obst » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:48 pm

StunnerKO wrote:Wolves should try and get Beal

Sure, but unless he asks out, why would the Wizards even listen? And would Beal even want to go to Minnesota?
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.

Return to Chicago Bulls