ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1101 » by pr0gr4m » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:09 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:Sexton and Garland suck.

Very false.

Yeah Garland's shooting below 50 TS%

Sexton is a huge negative on the floor.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#1102 » by Psubs » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:51 am

bballsparkin wrote:I just checked Favors three point %. He shot 14.3% last year. And his FT% was only .563%. Way down from his career average FT% though. He's still a good option if on a reasonable deal. But yeah, very unlikely to be starting.

Raps getting Christian Wood seems unlikely.

9. Detroit Pistons give Christian Wood $60 million for three years

In his final 22 games, Christian Wood shot 56 percent from the field and just over 40 percent from 3-point range. In the NBA Finals, Anthony Davis shot 57 percent from the field and 42 percent from behind the arc. Now, Wood can't touch Davis from a talent perspective, but it goes to show how rare it is to find a big man that is both a dominant roller and a dependable shooter. It makes everything easier offensively, and the Pistons will have to pay to keep it. Something in the neighborhood of $20 million per year is not farfetched.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/bold-nba-offseason-predictions-for-all-30-teams-lakers-add-third-scorer-76ers-trade-for-chris-paul/

Wood should get at least Capella money.

Tristan Thompson might be able to develop a 3pt shot. He shot 9 for 23, which is such a small sample size, though it's not like you can get lucky shooting NBA 3's right? He should've been working like mad at it to prolong his prime years.

Wide open on both, but looks more comfortable than Marc did in the bubble. :(

A little closer coverage on these.

LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#1103 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:24 am

Psubs wrote:
bballsparkin wrote:I just checked Favors three point %. He shot 14.3% last year. And his FT% was only .563%. Way down from his career average FT% though. He's still a good option if on a reasonable deal. But yeah, very unlikely to be starting.

Raps getting Christian Wood seems unlikely.

9. Detroit Pistons give Christian Wood $60 million for three years

In his final 22 games, Christian Wood shot 56 percent from the field and just over 40 percent from 3-point range. In the NBA Finals, Anthony Davis shot 57 percent from the field and 42 percent from behind the arc. Now, Wood can't touch Davis from a talent perspective, but it goes to show how rare it is to find a big man that is both a dominant roller and a dependable shooter. It makes everything easier offensively, and the Pistons will have to pay to keep it. Something in the neighborhood of $20 million per year is not farfetched.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/bold-nba-offseason-predictions-for-all-30-teams-lakers-add-third-scorer-76ers-trade-for-chris-paul/

Wood should get at least Capella money.

Tristan Thompson might be able to develop a 3pt shot. He shot 9 for 23, which is such a small sample size, though it's not like you can get lucky shooting NBA 3's right? He should've been working like mad at it to prolong his prime years.

Wide open on both, but looks more comfortable than Marc did in the bubble. :(

A little closer coverage on these.

FVV for 20M or Christian Wood for $20M?
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#1104 » by Psubs » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:41 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:FVV for 20M or Christian Wood for $20M?

FVV easy but FVV could get more and Wood could get less.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,878

Post#1105 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:43 am

pr0gr4m wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:Sexton and Garland suck.

Very false.

Yeah Garland's shooting below 50 TS%

Sexton is a huge negative on the floor.

One was a rookie and one was a sophomore. Both are 20 and 21 respectively.

Sexton stepped it up big time post all-star break averaging 26/4/3 on 53/43/81 shooting splits.
Finished his sophomore season averaging 21ppg on 47/38/85 shooting splits. Those are exceptional numbers for a 21 year old.

Garland on the other hand is only 20 year old and still put up respectable rookie numbers. Personally I'm more high on him than Sexton. Averaged 12/4/2 on 40/36/88 shooting splits.

I'd love to acquire one of the two. Cavs are terrible at developing players, I could only imagine how good they'd be in our system. They might actually end up sucking if they remain with that sh*t franchise.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,878

Post#1106 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:43 am

Some of y'all are way too high on Christian Wood.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Raptaz
Starter
And1: 2,400

Post#1107 » by Raptaz » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:13 pm

with all the talks that the 1st and 2nd pick overall are available is it realistic for a three way trade:

Toronto - receives Bradley Beal
Washington - receives 1st overall pick
Minnesota (article said they are looking for win now player) - receives FVV

does this make any sense, and would salaries even line up?
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#1108 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:18 pm

Raptaz wrote:with all the talks that the 1st and 2nd pick overall are available is it realistic for a three way trade:

why won't Minny just trade Beal for the #1 straight up. why involve the Raptors? Beal is helluva better than FVV and is a win-now player, salaries aside ofc. just doesn't make sense to cut in the Raptors.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Raptaz
Starter

Post#1109 » by Raptaz » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:34 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Raptaz wrote:with all the talks that the 1st and 2nd pick overall are available is it realistic for a three way trade:

why won't Minny just trade Beal for the #1 straight up. why involve the Raptors? Beal is helluva better than FVV and is a win-now player, salaries aside ofc. just doesn't make sense to cut in the Raptors.

masai magic
Raptaz
Starter

Post#1110 » by Raptaz » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:35 pm

Raptaz wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:

masai magic--maybe need for PG over SG?
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#1111 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:36 pm

Raptaz wrote:
Raptaz wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:

Minny already has D'angelo Russel, a PG. Beal would be too perfect at SG.
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#1112 » by gerrit4 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:24 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Raptaz wrote:
Raptaz wrote:

Not to mention, I'd argue that Beal has no fit issues with just about any player in the league. He's a great passer and shooter.

He'd be great (a better fit than Russ anyways) beside Harden, he'd be great with Klay, etc. I can't think of one team in the league that Beal wouldn't make better...
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#1113 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:25 pm

gerrit4 wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Raptaz wrote:

Not to mention, I'd argue that Beal has no fit issues with just about any player in the league. He's a great passer and shooter.

He'd be great (a better fit than Russ anyways) beside Harden, he'd be great with Klay, etc. I can't think of one team in the league that Beal wouldn't make better...

oh for sure. I would love him in a Raptors uni. he's a player. he's a plug and play and can dominate offensively or be passive when needed (passive as in sit in the corner waiting for the pass)
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,785

Post#1114 » by Zeno » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:47 pm

Here is my favourite Norm trade which I think serves the aims of both clubs pretty perfectly.

To Grizz: Norm, McCaw, Stanley
To Raps: Dieng, Grayson Allen, #40

Salaries are pretty much dead on for next year. Opens 2021 space. Dieng is expiring but serviceable plus really not needed in Memphis. Grayson Allen is a 2nd draft guy I don’t love but worth a shot. Dieng and Norm have the same agent and this is an improved situation for both. 40th pick is great range to get another guy to develop on a cheap deal. Maybe try to get another future 2nd from Memphis.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,793

Post#1115 » by Lord_Zedd » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:56 pm

Zeno wrote:Here is my favourite Norm trade which I think serves the aims of both clubs pretty perfectly.

Salaries are pretty much dead on for next year. Opens 2021 space. Dieng is expiring but serviceable plus really not needed in Memphis. Grayson Allen is a 2nd draft guy I don’t love but worth a shot. Dieng and Norm have the same agent and this is an improved situation for both. 40th pick is great range to get another guy to develop on a cheap deal. Maybe try to get another future 2nd from Memphis.

If Ibaka and Gasol are gone I wouldn't mind this. Memphis does have a 2nd from us that they can return.

Main reason for me to do this is to throw Davis, Thomas, and Allen into the lions den of playing time and see who comes out victorious among the three.
Mattatron
Starter
And1: 1,666

Post#1116 » by Mattatron » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:18 pm

Zeno wrote:Here is my favourite Norm trade which I think serves the aims of both clubs pretty perfectly.

Why trade Norm for Dieng, Grayson and #40? I mean he opts out 2021, that's for sure. Doesn't make sense just to get a expiring Dieng.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#1117 » by Red_Claw » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:23 pm

Klaw22 wrote:

Why trade Norm for Dieng, Grayson and #40? I mean he opts out 2021, that's for sure. Doesn't make sense just to get a expiring Dieng.

Dieng is a solid role playing center. Rebounds, blocks, can pass here and there and hits the 3 on occasion. He's in a contract year and we currently have no center. Thats why.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,328

Post#1118 » by douggood » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:28 pm

Red_Claw wrote:
Klaw22 wrote:

Dieng is a solid role playing center. Rebounds, blocks, can pass here and there and hits the 3 on occasion. He's in a contract year and we currently have no center. Thats why.

dieng makes 17.25 million, i rather throw that number at marc gasol for 1 year and keep norm.

all this trade does it create a bigger leak while plugging in a small leak. Centers like dieng can be had on the free agent market for mle level.
C-R-E-A-M-
Senior
And1: 790

Post#1119 » by C-R-E-A-M- » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:44 pm

Read on Twitter

The market for Christian Wood projects to be at the $9.3 million midlevel exception, per Bobby Marks :)
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#1120 » by Red_Claw » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:45 pm

douggood wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:
Klaw22 wrote:

dieng makes 17.25 million, i rather throw that number at marc gasol for 1 year and keep norm.

all this trade does it create a bigger leak while plugging in a small leak. Centers like dieng can be had on the free agent market for mle level.

Gasol is done. We have enough evidence of that. He's barely worth 17 mil at his 34 year old best.

You can argue against Dieng because because there is risk there since he's never really shown what he can do but Gasol is definitely done.

Return to Toronto Raptors