ImageImageImageImageImage

New Raptors Jersey Design Leaked?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

mintsa
Head Coach
And1: 3,745

Re: New Raptors Jersey Design Leaked? 

Post#261 » by mintsa » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:54 pm

Lastly. Why release these now ? Season just finished.

We won’t see the first game next season until late Jan/early February. Talk about zero hype/anticipation for people to go out and buy a New Jersey.

I would’ve released these in December with the new season about a 6 weeks away.
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,917

Post#262 » by lolwut » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:54 pm

I miss short shorts OG. He needs to bring those back.
2023-2024 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#263 » by Red_Claw » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:59 pm

mintsa wrote:Lastly. Why release these now ? Season just finished.

We won’t see the first game next season until late Jan/early February. Talk about zero hype/anticipation for people to go out and buy a New Jersey.

Too much complaining.
mintsa
Head Coach
And1: 3,745

Post#264 » by mintsa » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:06 pm

Red_Claw wrote:

Too much complaining.

Hahahahaha......true. Guilty as charged my friend.
Coco Costanza
Analyst
And1: 5,988

Post#265 » by Coco Costanza » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:27 pm

Might the leak have had something to do with it?
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
Coco Costanza
Analyst

Post#266 » by Coco Costanza » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:31 pm

xAIRNESSx wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:Hypebeats will love the Black one

Read on Twitter

The Jumpman logo really puts it over the top

If I have a problem with the black one (it's the nicest of the ones shown so far, although that's not saying much), it's that they remind me too much of the Bulls alternate jerseys from way back when.

Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

icoholic
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,086

Post#267 » by icoholic » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:53 pm

Why can't one of these 5 jerseys just say "TORONTO". I'm not sure why I'm so annoyed by this.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#268 » by Red_Claw » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:04 pm

icoholic wrote:Why can't one of these 5 jerseys just say "TORONTO". I'm not sure why I'm so annoyed by this.

You probably don't want to hear this but the marketing behind the Raptors is that they are "Canada's team". They can sell more jersey's around Canada if they say something more broad then a specific area.
Mattatron
Starter
And1: 1,665

Post#269 » by Mattatron » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:28 pm

Red_Claw wrote:
icoholic wrote:Why can't one of these 5 jerseys just say "TORONTO". I'm not sure why I'm so annoyed by this.

You probably don't want to hear this but the marketing behind the Raptors is that they are "Canada's team". They can sell more jersey's around Canada if they say something more broad then a specific area.

They don't sell one jersey outside of Canada when they stick with those canada pride colors
Coco Costanza
Analyst

Post#270 » by Coco Costanza » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:34 pm

I did a crude mockup.

Visually, I think the second "T" looks a bit off when juxtaposed with the "O" on the opposite side. The letter T looks better when it's at the top like in "RAPTORS".

Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Post#271 » by Clay Davis » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:09 pm

I'd love a white + blue Husky's jersey with 'TORONTO' on it
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,109

Post#272 » by xAIRNESSx » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:11 pm

Red_Claw wrote:

We were lucky to even get these after how many years of not having a Toronto branded jersey.

Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#273 » by Young_Buc » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:07 pm

xAIRNESSx wrote:
Red_Claw wrote:

We were lucky to even get these after how many years of not having a Toronto branded jersey.

EASILY the best jerseys we've had since the dino. Why our kits weren't modeled after THESE and not our ugliest north ones is beyond me
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,279

Post#274 » by ruckus » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:14 pm

Seeing the black jersey with the pinstripes makes it even worse. There's no flow. Its just a bunch of different design elements.
Ado05
RealGM
And1: 5,930

Post#275 » by Ado05 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:58 pm

Some of the ugliest uniforms in the league.
right between the eyes
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,513

Post#276 » by right between the eyes » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:02 pm

I don't get our team sometimes and this obsession with the chevrons...our best jerseys have been alternate jerseys however we never keep them..instead we stick with this odd colour combination with the chevrons ...I just can't understand it..especially with the great we the north impact as well as the Drake influence this is the best we can do? Wtf is wrong with this organization?
WeThe2019Champs
Veteran
And1: 2,638

Post#277 » by WeThe2019Champs » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:16 pm

Can't stand the fonts they use, couldn't they put more effort into this design? :o :o
No More Tanking!
Los Manos
Head Coach
And1: 1,870

Post#278 » by Los Manos » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:14 am

Funny thing is that I've been using an uploaded jersey set in 2K for the last few months that are incredibly similar. Even the black jersey had the red trim and team name position without the chevron as per the final design. Only difference was they used TORONTO instead of RAPTORS. Makes me wonder if the design team & Nike were taking a look at how they would appear on court ahead of final sign off.

Personally I like them. I have minor gripes but I've always been hoping they go with the chevron theme across the full set.

My favourite jerseys are simple & timeless and these tick those boxes. If anything I wish they'd gone even simpler and stuck to 2 colour across the board. I quite like our wordmark / font we've used the last few years BUT when you add a thick stroke outline it does suddenly look a touch ugly and unnecessary. For a clean, classic look the black stroke on the home and white stroke on the red away just looks fussy and out of place.

I feel similar about the black. While a black jersey with red chevron and black team name would have been sweet I'm sure we'll see that in the future. I like the single red clawed stripe on the side but the subtle grey striped all over again just feels overly fussy and unnecessary.

On the whole though a decent job. We've seen it go very wrong in the league previously with uni designs and while not perfect they're far from an abomination.

Now speaking of perfect jerseys, have you guys seen the Atlanta MLK edition jersey? That is special.
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,075

Post#279 » by Westside Gunn » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:24 am

they're fine, but the chevron:

i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,280

Post#280 » by raptorstime » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:43 am

I'm sorry but we need to hire new designers. The chevron has been used to death and I'm not sure why every jersey has the same letter layout. Most teams 3rd jersey has a totally different design compared to the home/away kits. Why can't our 3rd jersey use a different color instead of black/red/white?

Return to Toronto Raptors