Delusions of the trade forum....

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Lazlo4D
Sophomore
And1: 81

Delusions of the trade forum.... 

Post#1 » by Lazlo4D » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:11 pm

The spectacular delusions of fans in Trade Forum that Kevin Pritchard, a proven GM, would ever trade Victor Oladipo for some bench players and the umpteen pick in the weak 2020 draft is mind boggling.

OR that Turner & Oladipo will be traded together for the other team's 3rd or 4th best player, magic beans, and filler...

"Pacers will be forced to trade him...", good grief, Victor is in a contract year, he can't go pout if he wants to leave because it will sabotage his free agency and sadly money seems to be his priority now.

Unless Pritchard gets premium value now, Turner & Oladipo are going nowhere. Either VO will fully recover, plays great, and the Pacers will max him. Or he'll devalue and have to take whatever modest contract the Pacer's or some other team will give him. Pacers would likely get value with some kind of sign & trade of VO anyhow.

Turner is going nowhere unless a star or maybe a top 5 pick+ comes back. He's a great defense/rim protector, good overall player on a long, team-friendly contract. Other teams, especially small/medium size markets, crave an asset like that.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

Re: Delusions of the trade forum.... 

Post#2 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:56 pm

I wouldn't draw absolute hard lines in the sand, but sure. That's kind of the way the trade forum works. It's where fans from all teams come together and work out what should be amenable to both sides. And there are MANY posters there that are trying and learning, but yeah, there are a couple that just absolutely think that Indy players are absolute garbage and their players are just the greatest thing on this green Earth and they're simply blessing us with offering them up in trade.

BUT, let's ignore those absolute terrible ones. Once you've figured them out, and they've shown themselves to be unwilling to give and take, just move on. There's no since in making it worse than it is.

Turner is a guy that I think is prepared to be moved, according to reports. He wants to be here, but understands that if we are to retool or make any major moves, he's likely the guy that gets moved based on salary and ability to return value. Oladipo is a guy that looks like he just needs more strength in the quad to really return, and to spend time in the locker room gelling with the guys. Doing all his rehab elsewhere and the Fox show really took him out of the locker room in a bad way.

Ultimately though, let's wait and see who the coach is before we draw hard lines of what we'll get. If it's D'Antoni, well, obviously we could see one of Sabonis or Turner possibly being moved for another wing. If it's Finch, there's a good history of him getting two skilled big men to play at the same time and excel from his time in New Orleans with AD/Cousins, and his year with Denver working with Jokic. If it's one of the Heat guys? Well, who knows?
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Post#3 » by Wizop » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:50 am

Some weeks ago I stopped posting in threads that moved both Myles and Vic. Now I need to avoid Damos and Vic threads too. I can see Vic forcing a trade but I don't think we hire a coach wanting to play smaller without giving the two bigs lineup a fair chance.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#4 » by Topofthekey » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:34 am

Delusional indeed

I can understand if it's a handful of troll posters who think Vic and Myles can be had for some pocket change

But from what I've seen over the past week or so, the overwhelming majority of the trades proposed there are of this sort of nature, where they seem to think there is some kind of black friday sales for Vic and Myles

Sure, there are a handful of posters who are a lot more reasonable in their assessment of Pacers players, but most of them are repeating the same, tired nonsense - Pacers HAVE to trade one of Domas or Myles, Pacers should consider blowing it all up and rebuild, Pacers should be happy to get some value out of Vic before he's gone, etc

I guess that's life for a small market team that not many people normally pay attention to. People just come up with all sorts of strange assumptions
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#5 » by Pacers_Freak » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:52 pm

So what do you guys think about:

Heat trade: KZ Okpala and Chris Silva and 2026 2nd round pick (protected 30-52)

Pacers trade: Victor Oladipo and 2022 unprotected 1st.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:13 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:So what do you guys think about:

We actually already own that 2026 2nd from Miami....from the Okpala trade at this past draft :wink:
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#7 » by Pacers_Freak » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:38 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:

We actually already own that 2026 2nd from Miami....from the Okpala trade at this past draft :wink:

LOL. I almost put a disclaimer on my post saying Scoot leave me alone I know its not legal. :lol:
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Post#8 » by Boneman2 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:49 pm

I think it is a good sign that our players are coveted to the point of dominating the discussion on the Trade board but also realize that most of these low ball offers are just par for the course. Once you realize the Pacers have such a low following on RealGM then everything being slanted against the Pacers makes sense. This place is not intended to be a Raptors or Heat or Warriors or Lakers' echo chamber but it sure does seem like it at times.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:23 pm

Boneman2 wrote:I think it is a good sign that our players are coveted to the point of dominating the discussion on the Trade board but also realize that most of these low ball offers are just par for the course. Once you realize the Pacers have such a low following on RealGM then everything being slanted against the Pacers makes sense. This place is not intended to be a Raptors or Heat or Warriors or Lakers' echo chamber but it sure does seem like it at times.

Amen.

We have really good players that other teams want. And fans want their teams to be better for free. And mostly, other teams fans don’t understand that we weren’t expecting to top out this year. We signed everyone for multiple years since we knew Oladipo would need a redshirt year to recover. Weird to say that we’re topped out now.
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Post#10 » by Boneman2 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:43 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Boneman2 wrote:I think it is a good sign that our players are coveted to the point of dominating the discussion on the Trade board but also realize that most of these low ball offers are just par for the course. Once you realize the Pacers have such a low following on RealGM then everything being slanted against the Pacers makes sense. This place is not intended to be a Raptors or Heat or Warriors or Lakers' echo chamber but it sure does seem like it at times.

Amen.

We have really good players that other teams want. And fans want their teams to be better for free. And mostly, other teams fans don’t understand that we weren’t expecting to top out this year. We signed everyone for multiple years since we knew Oladipo would need a redshirt year to recover. Weird to say that we’re topped out now.

100%
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Post#11 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:10 am

Lazlo4D wrote:The spectacular delusions of fans in Trade Forum that Kevin Pritchard, a proven GM, would ever trade Victor Oladipo for some bench players and the umpteen pick in the weak 2020 draft is mind boggling.

OR that Turner & Oladipo will be traded together for the other team's 3rd or 4th best player, magic beans, and filler...

"Pacers will be forced to trade him...", good grief, Victor is in a contract year, he can't go pout if he wants to leave because it will sabotage his free agency and sadly money seems to be his priority now.

Unless Pritchard gets premium value now, Turner & Oladipo are going nowhere. Either VO will fully recover, plays great, and the Pacers will max him. Or he'll devalue and have to take whatever modest contract the Pacer's or some other team will give him. Pacers would likely get value with some kind of sign & trade of VO anyhow.

Turner is going nowhere unless a star or maybe a top 5 pick+ comes back. He's a great defense/rim protector, good overall player on a long, team-friendly contract. Other teams, especially small/medium size markets, crave an asset like that.

There's a lot of dumb posters on T&T who cannot get a basic concept that it takes 2 team to want a deal. Gordon Hayward is not going to the Pacers for Turner. IDK why they can't understand that $34.1 million for a guy with one year left is not a good deal when we have to give them Turner on his team friendly contract. I have been warned 2-3 times and got suspended yesterday for addressing this level of idiocy.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#12 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:13 am

I think we could have drafted Okpala if we wanted him.
HurricaneDij25
Junior
And1: 273

Post#13 » by HurricaneDij25 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:18 am

Oladipo straight up for Kyle Kuzma and Danny Green. :D
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#14 » by Pacers_Freak » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:39 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:

Was SaRCaSm
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#15 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:42 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

Was SaRCaSm

I figured it was Sarcasm but you know that it's said, "Sarcasm is a low form of wit."
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#16 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:43 pm

But seriously have you noticed that some of the T&T posters create these outrageous lowball offers then defend them like their life depends on it. Such a need to be "right'' seems to point to low intellect. I've known people and family members who are like that, my idiot sister for example, if you prove her wrong on something she gets all mad and accuses you of being a bully. So I guess I'm a bully when I make a point that someone his off on some sadly ill informed or delusional idea.

Maybe this explains my recent suspension.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#17 » by pacers33granger » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:17 pm

Not many fans follow other teams. And our team just isn't in the headlines at all, unless it's for stuff like Vic wanting out allegedly. There's a lot of posters on that board that want to gauge true value and figure out some potential real world fits. But there's also just fans who want to create scenarios to make their team better without any real regard for validity.

It's not limited to us either. There are plenty of trades proposed there based on a hypothetical that Giannis, Harden, Embiid, etc. want out and give a list of teams, so might as well get something for them rather than let them walk.

I will say there are a few specific posters who have an axe to grind about a few of our guys it seems. They're oftentimes just trolling or are honestly idiots. Just ignore them and it makes the board a lot more readable and enjoyable.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran

Post#18 » by Pacers_Freak » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:51 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Pacers_Freak wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

Was SaRCaSm

I figured it was Sarcasm but you know that it's said, "Sarcasm is a low form of wit."

Not the first time I'd be accused of having a low form of wit. :lol:

Return to Indiana Pacers