ImageImageImageImageImage

TRYING A 3 WAY TRADE

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,361

TRYING A 3 WAY TRADE 

Post#1 » by patman66 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:10 am

reiterations of this have been done on the T&T board, but I only want Kings' fans opinions so I posted this here.

Boston, Dallas and the Kings.

The trade was based on these team needs
Boston, get under the luxury tax threshold so they can use the full MLE for Baynes
Dallas to create as close to two max slots next summer to pair with Luka and KP.
Kings- come off Heild/Bogs redundancy, Josephs 12 mill backup to Fox is expensive for a backup. Need more picks for future opportunities for cheap labor.

Boston out Hayward, 26, 47, Porier, Edwards
Boston In Hield, Wright, 18

Dallas out Powell (3@12) Wright (2@8) Curry 2@ 8) (Thj exp 17 mill) Brunson 2mill #18, 31
Dallas in Hayward, Joseph, Parker

Sac out Hield( 4@22), Joseph (1 at 15 incl option) Parker (1 @ 6.5)
Sac in Powell, THJ, Curry, Porier Edwards , 26, 31, 47

Heild gets replaced by curry @1/3rd the cost. Joseph gets replaced by Brunson at 1/5th the cost. Powell at 12 mill a year is overpaid by 50% so 18 mill needs to be compensated for. minus the 6 for parker 12 mill so you get the 31 and a nice expiring in THJ, maybe GS takes him into the TPE or you use him at the deadline for something else. This gets the kings out of 106Mill in cap and replaces it with 70 mill of obligations. Powell has been medically cleared for scrimmages.
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Re: TRYING A 3 WAY TRADE 

Post#2 » by kb02 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:41 am

patman66 wrote:reiterations of this have been done on the T&T board, but I only want Kings' fans opinions so I posted this here.

Boston, get under the luxury tax threshold so they can use the full MLE for Baynes
Dallas to create as close to two max slots next summer to pair with Luka and KP.
Kings- come off Heild/Bogs redundancy, Josephs 12 mill backup to Fox is expensive for a backup. Need more picks for future opportunities for cheap labor.

Dallas out Powell (3@12) Wright (2@8) Curry 2@ 8) (Thj exp 17 mill) Brunson 2mill #18, 31

Heild gets replaced by curry @1/3rd the cost. Joseph gets replaced by Brunson at 1/5th the cost. Powell at 12 mill a year is overpaid by 50% so 18 mill needs to be compensated for. minus the 6 for parker 12 mill so you get the 31 and a nice expiring in THJ, maybe GS takes him into the TPE or you use him at the deadline for something else. This gets the kings out of 106Mill in cap and replaces it with 70 mill of obligations. Powell has been medically cleared for scrimmages.

This doesn't work for the Kings. The Kings have three players going out, but have four players coming in. Then you add the picks and the Kings are in line to have the #12, #26, #31, #35, #43, and #52. So basically the Kings are sending three out and, in theory, bringing in 10 players.

The Kings should be accruing assets, but not like what you're proposing. They should be accruing quality picks or multiple picks over multiple drafts.

That said, I wouldn't trade Buddy for Hayward straight up. 26, 47, Porier, and Edwards does not get Boston #18. Translation: Boston is stealing value. Easy pass for the Kings.
patman66
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by patman66 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:32 am

kb02 wrote:
patman66 wrote:reiterations of this have been done on the T&T board, but I only want Kings' fans opinions so I posted this here.

This doesn't work for the Kings. The Kings have three players going out, but have four players coming in. Then you add the picks and the Kings are in line to have the #12, #26, #31, #35, #43, and #52. So basically the Kings are sending three out and, in theory, bringing in 10 players.

The Kings should be accruing assets, but not like what you're proposing. They should be accruing quality picks or multiple picks over multiple drafts.

That said, I wouldn't trade Buddy for Hayward straight up. 26, 47, Porier, and Edwards does not get Boston #18. Translation: Boston is stealing value. Easy pass for the Kings.

I agree From the kings perspective Hayward does not have any value, you are not looking to free up max slots in 2021. Hayward most likely would not resign so he would just be a rental. A few Dallas fans are pleased with the trade from their end. Hayward for 18, 31 Wright, Powell and Curry or wright and THJ. Boston gets the 18 &31 for eating 70 mill of long term money for Hayward's expiring 34 mill. Dallas fans then get two max slots or 1 and Hayward if he resigns for something like Buddy's deal.

Buddy is not worth the 18th and Curry who only gets paid 8mill for two more years, he is better but for a guy coming off the bench.
as a sixth man spending 22mill for Hield giving up the 18th and curry would not be worth it. The deal as it is saves us 6 mill with Dallas, we could just use the 30th to dump 5mill more in exprings to get the full MLE.

I just wanted to see if we could upgrade from Curry + filler to Hield for two late firsts. No harm no foul. I did forget to add Max cash so that Porier at 2.5 and edwards at 1.8 could just be cut.

Just to gauge your valuation of Hield at his present salary, Thj is 17 mill and Jackson is 5 mill both expiring deals so no long term
money. What pick would you then require to get off hield.
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Post#4 » by kb02 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:25 am

patman66 wrote:
kb02 wrote:

I agree From the kings perspective Hayward does not have any value, you are not looking to free up max slots in 2021. Hayward most likely would not resign so he would just be a rental. A few Dallas fans are pleased with the trade from their end. Hayward for 18, 31 Wright, Powell and Curry or wright and THJ. Boston gets the 18 &31 for eating 70 mill of long term money for Hayward's expiring 34 mill. Dallas fans then get two max slots or 1 and Hayward if he resigns for something like Buddy's deal.

Buddy is not worth the 18th and Curry who only gets paid 8mill for two more years, he is better but for a guy coming off the bench.
as a sixth man spending 22mill for Hield giving up the 18th and curry would not be worth it. The deal as it is saves us 6 mill with Dallas, we could just use the 30th to dump 5mill more in exprings to get the full MLE.

I just wanted to see if we could upgrade from Curry + filler to Hield for two late firsts. No harm no foul. I did forget to add Max cash so that Porier at 2.5 and edwards at 1.8 could just be cut.

Just to gauge your valuation of Hield at his present salary, Thj is 17 mill and Jackson is 5 mill both expiring deals so no long term

I'm probably more down on Buddy than most Kings fans, so you have to keep that in mind, because other fans will want more. Right now, if Boston offered #14, I would trade Buddy for it. Anything lower than that and it's an easy no go. The reason why is Buddy's contract declines each year, a decent amount of his escalators are tied to the Kings winning (i.e., it ain't happening), and his contract takes him through his prime years (i.e., there's no worries of him falling off a cliff).

That said, I think the best thing for the Kings to do is to hold on to him for at least another year, rehab his value, then trade him when there is still three years of control at a much lower salary.

Note: as I type, an Espn news alerrt just flashed saying the Kings hired a bunch of top notch FO folks. Kings are finally getting serious with their FO brain trust.
patman66
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by patman66 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:29 am

kb02 wrote:
patman66 wrote:
kb02 wrote:

I'm probably more down on Buddy than most Kings fans, so you have to keep that in mind, because other fans will want more. Right now, if Boston offered #14, I would trade Buddy for it. Anything lower than that and it's an easy no go. The reason why is Buddy's contract declines each year, a decent amount of his escalators are tied to the Kings winning (i.e., it ain't happening), and his contract takes him through his prime years (i.e., there's no worries of him falling off a cliff).

That said, I think the best thing for the Kings to do is to hold on to him for at least another year, rehab his value, then trade him when there is still three years of control at a much lower salary.

Note: as I type, an Espn news alerrt just flashed saying the Kings hired a bunch of top notch FO folks. Kings are finally getting serious with their FO brain trust.

Yeah, there is no way I think Ainge would ever pay the 14th to upgrade from curry to Hield, I have Hield as slightly positive a late 1st at most. He would have to be a starter for a team and he would not play before brown or Smart at the two. Thank you for your feedback. I think Dallas would give you 18 and 31 if you take back wright and Powell. but then they would not be able to get hayward who fits better with Donic/KP/THJ
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Post#6 » by BoogieTime » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:19 am

Personally I think Buddy’s value is about OP, though I think many Kings fans would want more

Whether the FO wants to move Buddy for this type of return is another matter. Like the above poster said, they might try to rehab his value instead of moving him at a low point. I think Buddy is better than what his ill fit with Walton showed

It’s an interesting juxtaposition as I think the Kings should be trying to bottom out next year
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,569

Post#7 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:09 pm

Not a chance i'm taking on Powell for a late 1st and early 2nds.

Rather just work a trade direct with Boston.

Hield/Parker for Hayward/Picks.

Return to Sacramento Kings