Image ImageImage Image

Around The NBA

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

troza
Junior
And1: 128

Re: Around The NBA 

Post#361 » by troza » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:20 pm

I would say that the best option might be Dallas for him. From everything I saw until now.

If Lukas improves in his 3rd season the same like what Derrick Rose did (this is a scary thought) and Porzingis can stay somehow healthy... he would have 2 start to play along that give him the necessary spacing... and they can hide him if people are not respecting his shot, making him play in the paint with Porzingis out.

But I agree that Miami did get the reputation there, Butler showed he can ball and it seems they have a good organization there. They actually went to the finals with 3 different rosters in the past 15 years... that's crazy. I think that only Udonis and Wade were in more than one roster. So... do not throw aways this idea.

And Lakers... they always get what they want... if he wants to be with Lebron and Davis I guess that the Lakers can make that happen.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,355

Post#362 » by DASMACKDOWN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:30 pm

Read on Twitter
The Cult of Personality
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#363 » by DASMACKDOWN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:31 pm

Read on Twitter
The Cult of Personality
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#364 » by DASMACKDOWN » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:37 pm

Think fast!

Who would you rather trade for Westbrook or CP3?
The Cult of Personality
ArmTriangle
Ballboy
And1: 19

Post#365 » by ArmTriangle » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:40 pm

Wouldn't mortgage the future for either, but I'd say CP3.
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,313

Post#366 » by Mbrahv0528 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:52 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:Think fast!

Neither.

Sent from my SM-F707U using RealGM mobile app
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,313

Post#367 » by Mbrahv0528 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:54 pm

Leslie Forman wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:They'd surely have to trade Bam. Which they should for Giannis.

Nah. Bam is the defensive center that would allow Giannis to keep playing the same free safety role he has next to Lopez. If you want Herro/Robinson/Nunn to keep playing big minutes, you really need to surround them with defense.

And I bet Bam is going to be shooting a lot more threes next season.
They can't pay them both.

TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#368 » by TheStig » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:06 pm

Mbrahv0528 wrote:
Leslie Forman wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:They'd surely have to trade Bam. Which they should for Giannis.

Nah. Bam is the defensive center that would allow Giannis to keep playing the same free safety role he has next to Lopez. If you want Herro/Robinson/Nunn to keep playing big minutes, you really need to surround them with defense.

And I bet Bam is going to be shooting a lot more threes next season.
They can't pay them both.

Sure they can. All they have on the books is Jimmy, Herro (rookie deal), a dead 5 mil and a couple of rookies with Bams QO. They can sign Giannis and a decent sized role player and then ink BAM to a max deal.
TheStig
RealGM

Post#369 » by TheStig » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:07 pm

Neither. Why ruin our cap space for an old PG on a really young team?
TheStig
RealGM

Post#370 » by TheStig » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:08 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Read on Twitter

I like AK and what he's done. But part of me wishes Morey was an option.......
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,236

Post#371 » by kodo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:39 pm

The Morey era is over. A lot of people hated his brand of basketball, but it's undeniable he's left his mark on the league and how it plays and how teams are constructed.

I wonder if China was a part of this or he was simply burned out.
othawhitemeat
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#372 » by othawhitemeat » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:40 pm

yeah, I like what we have.
TheStig
RealGM

Post#373 » by TheStig » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:17 pm

kodo wrote:The Morey era is over. A lot of people hated his brand of basketball, but it's undeniable he's left his mark on the league and how it plays and how teams are constructed.

I wonder if China was a part of this or he was simply burned out.

It sounds like he stepped down. Tilman seems like a bad owner. I wouldn't be surpised if he got tired of him. Westbrook is not a Morey guy and Tilman is hurting financially, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to deal with the cuts and nonsense coming.

I still think that team can be good. They've just striked out on coaches this offseason. They need to get a decent coach and sign a guy like Aaron Bynes for the MLE. I think they can make a serious run if they can manage that.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,786

Post#374 » by Jcool0 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:45 pm

big get

Read on Twitter
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#375 » by ChettheJet » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:45 pm

So there's a story that among others Rajon Rondo will opt out with the LAL.

Wouldn't he be good coming back to the Bulls? I don't know if he fits the exemption they have or it may require some kind of S&T since the Bulls don't have and cap space right now. It's hard to say who the Bulls have that the Lakers would want.

But he would be both the mentor that people are willing to pay Chris Paul or Mike Conley jr to be at a greatly reduced price and the playmaker that could play next to Lavine or White. His coach on the floor ability was a strength when he was here before and his absence from the lineup crushed the playoff run.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,224

Post#376 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:04 pm

Paul and I don't think it's particularly close. One less year, and he looked laughably better last year and in the playoffs. I watched Westbrook and at times was convinced he had money on the Lakers. He looked like he was actively trying to lose games at times.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,544

Post#377 » by PaKii94 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:22 pm

ChettheJet wrote:So there's a story that among others Rajon Rondo will opt out with the LAL.

Wouldn't he be good coming back to the Bulls? I don't know if he fits the exemption they have or it may require some kind of S&T since the Bulls don't have and cap space right now. It's hard to say who the Bulls have that the Lakers would want.

But he would be both the mentor that people are willing to pay Chris Paul or Mike Conley jr to be at a greatly reduced price and the playmaker that could play next to Lavine or White. His coach on the floor ability was a strength when he was here before and his absence from the lineup crushed the playoff run.

The problem is rondo puts in less and less effort in the regular season. Maybe if he wants to show the young pups the way? Idk. I still like him though
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,813

Post#378 » by kulaz3000 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:39 pm

TheStig wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Read on Twitter

Why? He had a really long run with the Rockets, and never won a championship.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have minded him either, but his style of chopping and changing his roster frequently hasn't resulted in success yet.

I prefer a methodical and patient approach with building a roster with patience and consistency, like what AK did with the Nuggets.
Why so serious?
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,568

Post#379 » by Repeat 3-peat » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:58 pm

How likely, or unlikely is it that Harden could be traded? I for one will be expecting rumors.
TheStig
RealGM

Post#380 » by TheStig » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:05 am

kulaz3000 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
DASMACKDOWN wrote:
Read on Twitter

Why? He had a really long run with the Rockets, and never won a championship.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have minded him either, but his style of chopping and changing his roster frequently hasn't resulted in success yet.

I prefer a methodical and patient approach with building a roster with patience and consistency, like what AK did with the Nuggets.

He had the 2nd best record over his tenure, only better team was the Tim Duncan Spurs. He has identified and traded for a superstar in James Harden, signed a super star in Howard and almost got Bosh till Pat Riley beat his deal, traded for other stars and got good coaches. He has always been over .500. It's quite the resume. We think AK will be good as the top guy. And I think he will. But we know that Morey is great. I was actually excited for them this year. I thought they were an Aaron Bynes away from being great.

Return to Chicago Bulls