Image ImageImage Image

If you were the FO, what would you do with the #4 pick?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

What would you do with the #4 pick?

1-trade up to get one of the top 3 (using Lavine, Lauri or Carter)
13%
2-trade down to pick up multiple assets (example-to NY for the #8 and the 2021 Dallas pick)
24%
3-trade the pick for an established player (could involve one of our young core)
7%
4-Pick Deni
23%
5-Pick Hayes
18%
6-Pick Obi
1%
7-Pick Okongwu
2%
8-Pick Haliburton
4%
9-Pick Okoro
2%
10-other
4%

Total votes: 94

pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,355

If you were the FO, what would you do with the #4 pick? 

Post#1 » by pipfan » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:23 pm

Let's assume Wiseman, Edwards and Ball go 1-3. You are now on the clock. What would you do?

Of course, the exact details of a trade might differ, but assume it is a fair trade for both sides.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,524

Re: If you were the FO, what would you do with the #4 pick? 

Post#2 » by Andi Obst » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:25 pm

Draft Killian Hayes.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,899

Post#3 » by weneeda2guard » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:35 pm

Plan a = trade up to take ball

Plan b = take killian hayes wiseman deni or obi toppin at 4

Plan c trade it for a star on the move i.e beal or devin booker etc.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,233

Post#4 » by kodo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:56 pm

Impossible to say because we won't have access to the personal workouts. Donovan Mitchell was originally a low 1st rounder, maybe 20-30 range. In his workouts he was blowing teams away, and Utah decided to trade up to get him (with AK ironically).

The decision to trade IMO shouldn't be just for the sake of trading, it should be based on if there is someone you really believe in and are willing to trade up to get him, or if you really believe in a guy at #15 then you trade down.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,370

Post#5 » by drosestruts » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:17 pm

My top 4 hasn't really changed:

1. Haliburton
2. Hayes
3. Vassel
4. Deni

Therefore it's Haliburton for me.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#6 » by ChettheJet » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:21 pm

I pick Deni. That's not an absolute. Since very little is known about anybody in the draft that could change after whatever kind of draft camp they are going to come up with. Some guys could step up, some could look rather ordinary and drop. Even then it's a guess, I wouldn't want to see someone come in all muscles like Marcus Fizer or the athlete like Tyrus Thomas and get taken in by the look.

I would trade down depending on what the offer is. I'd have to stay in the top 10 and get a player who could step into the rotation signed for more than just one year. There's no point to getting multiple late picks in this draft, one this year and one next which cuts down on the trading partners.

My plan right now, with the unknowns of the players and the talk about both MINN and GSW trading down I'd be considering getting involved. If there is some way to send some combination of Porter, Young, Markkanen, Satoransky to GSW to get that #2 pick while keeping #4 that's the move. Then find the team so in love with Ball that they would take #2 and have the Bulls go down to as low as 15?? or to get a pick next year and the same contributing type player signed for more than 1 year. Is that Wiggins, I don't know.

A deal with MINN isn't as easy because they aren't on a championship trajectory like GSW. But not out of the question that they see some stable veterans from the Bulls as a way up in the standings. Then with both teams a threeway trade changes the possibilities.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,064

Post#7 » by MrSparkle » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:34 pm

Tough to say without an inside look at the #4 prospects. I have doubts about every single guy in the top-10.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,897

Post#8 » by meekrab » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:37 pm

Draft a 6'7"-6'10" wing player who can shoot 3s and play defense.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,148

Post#9 » by League Circles » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:46 pm

I'd wipe
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#10 » by Pax for Prez » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:49 pm

I voted Trade down and get another asset !!
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,702

Post#11 » by dougthonus » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:51 pm

The fact that everyone wants to trade down means you won't be able to trade down (or won't get much for trading down).

I actually think the gap between all these prospects is so small that people won't want to trade up just to have smaller contracts.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,702

Post#12 » by dougthonus » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:57 pm

One guy I looked at recently is Aaron Nesmith, and I liked him a lot. Not sure what's going on with his foot, and not sure on his creation ability, but this dude can just flat out shoot. I'd love to get him. Enough question marks about game that he isnt' worth the #4 in a traditional draft, but if we grabbed him I'd e cool with him. Legit size, over 50% from 3 on over 8 attempts a game.

Pre-Draft Analysis
Strengths
- Possesses an impressive physical profile at 6-foot-6, 213 pounds, with a near 7-foot wingspan. Above average athlete whose strength and length give him good upside to grow into on both ends of the floor.
- Arguably the best shooter in the draft. Made more than four 3-pointers per game and converted 50% of his attempts. Can hit jumpers in a variety of ways off movement, screens, pull-ups and difficult spot-ups with a hand in his face. Career 83% free throw shooter.
- Lauded for his work ethic and leadership.

Improvement areas
- Played only 14 games due to a stress fracture in his foot. Team played a weak out-of-conference schedule, limiting NBA scouts' opportunities to evaluate him against quality competition.
- Not a prolific shot-creator. Average ball handler who has plenty of room to improve his passing.
- Has good tools and versatility defensively but didn't always make a major impact. Gets beat off the dribble -- not the rangiest or most agile defender.

Projected role: Versatile, shooting wing
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
jgonboricua
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#13 » by jgonboricua » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:26 pm

I would rather keep the pick and draft Deni. If we traded own a few picks i hope we would at least still be able to pick up Okoro
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,544

Post#14 » by PaKii94 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:33 pm

If we must draft at 4 I'm taking vassell but I'd rather trade down and get vassell + one of nesmith/haliburton
cjbulls
Analyst
And1: 1,301

Post#15 » by cjbulls » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:45 pm

The funny (and a little sad) thing about this Bulls team is that everyone in the top 10 could find a place on this roster from a fit perspective. They can simply pursue BPA.
The Chosen one
Freshman
And1: 39

Post#16 » by The Chosen one » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:01 pm

cjbulls wrote:The funny (and a little sad) thing about this Bulls team is that everyone in the top 10 could find a place on this roster from a fit perspective. They can simply pursue BPA.

I don’t know. I really don’t think anybody the bulls draft have a chance at starting. Maybe Toppin would outplay Markannan in camp. I don’t see any of the point guards outplaying White. Okongwu won’t outplay Carter. Maybe Wiseman would outplay Markannan or Carter for the a starting big spot. Ball and Edwards would have a chance at starting. Don’t think Denni would start over Porter.
cjbulls
Analyst
And1: 1,301

Post#17 » by cjbulls » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:13 pm

The Chosen one wrote:
cjbulls wrote:The funny (and a little sad) thing about this Bulls team is that everyone in the top 10 could find a place on this roster from a fit perspective. They can simply pursue BPA.

I don’t know. I really don’t think anybody the bulls draft have a chance at starting. Maybe Toppin would outplay Markannan in camp. I don’t see any of the point guards outplaying White. Okongwu won’t outplay Carter. Maybe Wiseman would outplay Markannan or Carter for the a starting big spot. Ball and Edwards would have a chance at starting. Don’t think Denni would start over Porter.

I didn’t mean to state they would take a starters job. Just to say there’s room to fit them in. The Bulls have nothing really locked in right now.

If they take Toppin, Ball, Wiseman, Deni, Okoro, Okungwu, Hayes or whoever, there’s a viable path to them getting 20-30mpg. And each of these guys would bring something to the team that they don’t currently have.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#18 » by Grodoboldo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:52 pm

dougthonus wrote:The fact that everyone wants to trade down means you won't be able to trade down (or won't get much for trading down).

I actually think the gap between all these prospects is so small that people won't want to trade up just to have smaller contracts.

I also really like him. I'd actually aggressively try to trade Lauri for a pick to draft him.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#19 » by TeamMan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:29 pm

kodo wrote:Impossible to say because we won't have access to the personal workouts. Donovan Mitchell was originally a low 1st rounder, maybe 20-30 range. In his workouts he was blowing teams away, and Utah decided to trade up to get him (with AK ironically).

The decision to trade IMO shouldn't be just for the sake of trading, it should be based on if there is someone you really believe in and are willing to trade up to get him, or if you really believe in a guy at #15 then you trade down.

This is exactly true.

Another example is that Jimmy Butler was listed at 6-7 through his college career, but was measured at 6-8 at the NBA combine.

Then he was tested with a 39 in. vertical.

Before that he was projected as a 2nd round pick, but Gar/Pax took him at #30.

We don't know who might be the next surprise after the workouts start.
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#20 » by ZOMG » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:45 pm

The Chosen one wrote:

:lol:

By all accounts Lauri had a bad year... and he still averaged 15 and 6 in the NBA despite being an afterthought in the offense and usually far out of rebounding position due to Boylen's harebrained defensive scheme.

Good to luck to any rookie "outplaying" a guy like that - in camp no less.

Any young big straight out of college has to prove himself in actual NBA games. So far we've only seen Wiseman beat up on 6'7'' teenagers.

Return to Chicago Bulls