ImageImageImage

2020 NBA Draft Prospect Watch - Revised Poll

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who do you prefer of the following prospects?

Desmond Bane
41%
Saddiq Bey
3%
RJ Hampton
3%
Kira Lewis Jr
14%
Tyrese Maxey
7%
Aaron Nesmith
7%
Isaac Okoro
3%
Jalen Smith
7%
Tyrell Terry
7%
Patrick Williams
7%

Total votes: 29

Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Prospect Watch 

Post#1761 » by Crives » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:35 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

Umm why is Vassell shooting like a weirdo?

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,801

Post#1762 » by Saberestar » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:49 pm

Read on Twitter
Mjee
Starter
And1: 2,160

Post#1763 » by Mjee » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:55 pm

I am starting to get on the Kira hype train..

Extremely fast
Can shoot and finish in traffic
good size
decent IQ
can defend

he has to be in serious consideration at 10

I am all in on him..
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,382

Post#1764 » by bwgood77 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:00 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

Id be cool with Lewis at 10.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

2 zoom meetings? :o What about Bane though? :-? :( I was just starting to get accustomed to the idea of having him bomb away on the perimeter ala " Eric Gordon " for us! I guess that I could be happy though with either one really! :gossip: :dontknow:

It doesn't state we haven't had zoom meetings with others. A zoom meeting doesn't mean much. We had secret workouts with Culver and Brandon Clarke last year too...not a peep about Cameron Johnson...people thought it was a mistype or mistake when it was announced.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1765 » by bwgood77 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:03 pm

RedIndian wrote:Hayes, Haliburton, Toppin and Avdija are likely all gone by #10.

In all likelihood, the ones available for consideration will be Vassell, Patrick Williams, Jalen Smith and Kira.

Bane is certainly under consideration from the sound of it, but #10 is too high for him. I wonder if Boston would give us their #14 and #26 for #10? Could see us then getting a couple of our favoured targets.

On Kira, I can definitely see the appeal. There are some flaws in his game that he needs to work on, but he certainly is one of the players who has star potential in this draft. I think he's also highly regarded as a high-character kid.

Are you saying #10 is too high because he isn't as good as that group you have listed or just because he's projected to go lower?
Banana Milk
Sophomore
And1: 212

Post#1766 » by Banana Milk » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:47 pm

:o :-?
In case anyone missed the earlier video posted. I can't unsee this.
Read on Twitter
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,444

Post#1767 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:56 pm

Banana Milk wrote::o :-?
Read on Twitter

Actually though, In a lot of his video highlights and scouting breakdown video clips he shoots like that over his head. Kind of reminds me of A.C. Green honestly. But as long as he's still making a good percentages of his shots, I won't be too concerned about it. :wink:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.canishoopus.com/platform/amp/2020/4/23/21230781/draft-radar-part-four-devin-vassell-nba-draft

His allure begins with the high release point on his jumper. By the time he is at the summit of his action, he is launching from above his head (it doesn’t take him long to get it there, either). He is always shot-ready and fires at a split second when he gets the opportunity. Some of his mechanics are a bit funky compared to a textbook shooter, but a quick and towering shot allows him to get it off over most defenders.

It's just how he seems to shoot his jumpers. As long as he keeps hitting them effectively, I'm cool with it. I mean it's obviously harder to block right??? :nod:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#1768 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:13 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=09
Mjee
Starter
And1: 2,160

Post#1769 » by Mjee » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:28 pm

That D Vessel shot looks like poo poo ...

I'm not going to dog him too much because Shawn Marion was one of the greatest Suns ever.... but it is concerning :-?
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#1770 » by Kerrsed » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:50 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:It's just how he seems to shoot his jumpers. As long as he keeps hitting them effectively, I'm cool with it. I mean it's obviously harder to block right??? :nod:

It might be harder to block from the front, but much much easier to block from behind.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#1771 » by darealjuice » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:18 am

Definitely don't like to see Vassell shooting from behind his head. I'm curious if someone suggested raising his release, or maybe the catapulting is his way of compensating for shooting from that distance off the dribble? Either way, I never understand guys messing with their shot during the pre-draft process unless it's already clearly broken.

Good to see that we're talking to Kira Lewis. I'd be fine with him at 10 if there are no surprise drops, but it'd be nice if we could trade back for an extra pick and still get him. No need to rush him into big minutes with Ricky around, and Ricky is a great example for him in terms of craftiness scoring while playing below the rim, playmaking, and changing pace effectively.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1772 » by bwgood77 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:48 am

Banana Milk wrote::o :-?
Read on Twitter

If he hits them, I don't see a problem...and harder to block unless you are coming from behind.

Edit: Just noticed Kerrsed said the same thing....I guess great or at least similar minds think alike, and twice in the same day...
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1773 » by bwgood77 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:51 am

darealjuice wrote:Definitely don't like to see Vassell shooting from behind his head. I'm curious if someone suggested raising his release, or maybe the catapulting is his way of compensating for shooting from that distance off the dribble? Either way, I never understand guys messing with their shot during the pre-draft process unless it's already clearly broken.

Good to see that we're talking to Kira Lewis. I'd be fine with him at 10 if there are no surprise drops, but it'd be nice if we could trade back for an extra pick and still get him. No need to rush him into big minutes with Ricky around, and Ricky is a great example for him in terms of craftiness scoring while playing below the rim, playmaking, and changing pace effectively.

Do you have any sort of a big board yet...considering all of the extensive analysis and experience you have?
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#1774 » by darealjuice » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:19 am

bwgood77 wrote:Do you have any sort of a big board yet...considering all of the extensive analysis and experience you have?

I'd be lying if I said I've dove into this draft as much as in the past, but my top couple tiers off the cuff probably look something like:

1: Wiseman
2: Avdija, Ball, Edwards
3: Haliburton, Vassell
4: Anthony, Bey, Hayes, Lewis, Maxey, Okoro, Okungwu, Toppin

No particular order within those tiers, just a mixture of dealer's choice and me not having very concrete opinions on some guys. I'd say I'm higher on Wiseman, Lewis, and Anthony and lower on Edwards, Okoro, and Toppin than most though.
RedIndian
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,807

Post#1775 » by RedIndian » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:56 am

bwgood77 wrote:
RedIndian wrote:Hayes, Haliburton, Toppin and Avdija are likely all gone by #10.

In all likelihood, the ones available for consideration will be Vassell, Patrick Williams, Jalen Smith and Kira.

Bane is certainly under consideration from the sound of it, but #10 is too high for him. I wonder if Boston would give us their #14 and #26 for #10? Could see us then getting a couple of our favoured targets.

On Kira, I can definitely see the appeal. There are some flaws in his game that he needs to work on, but he certainly is one of the players who has star potential in this draft. I think he's also highly regarded as a high-character kid.

Are you saying #10 is too high because he isn't as good as that group you have listed or just because he's projected to go lower?

Bane is a 4th year guy, and though I like him, he's definitely lower ceiling than any of those other guys. I mean he was projected to be a 2nd rounder till not too long ago. Unless his stock has risen to the point that teams in the lottery are willing to take him, it'd be poor asset management to take him at #10. If you want him and him alone, trade down and get another asset.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#1776 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:10 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=09
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#1777 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:19 pm

RedIndian wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Bane is a 4th year guy, and though I like him, he's definitely lower ceiling than any of those other guys. I mean he was projected to be a 2nd rounder till not too long ago. Unless his stock has risen to the point that teams in the lottery are willing to take him, it'd be poor asset management to take him at #10. If you want him and him alone, trade down and get another asset.

I for my part wouldn't want him alone, As I'd also prefer a big for our frontcourt needs at 10.But I definitely think he'd be great with his unique attributes, Bizarrely ELITE shooting, and his strength and overall high IQ. So yes! He'd be great in a trade back scenario, But I also wouldn't at all balk about taking him at 10 IF we did plan to just stand pat and take one prospect. ( which I don't endorse with interest to acquiring cheap depth/ talent in these suppressive economic times. I'd pretty much be happy with either Bane or Lewis ultimately I suppose. :dontknow:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1778 » by bwgood77 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:15 pm

RedIndian wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Potentially, but I think just because guys are 4 year guys, they can often drop simply due to that further than they should. You have 4 year guys that end up a lot better than people think, like Draymond Green for example. A lot of great players were 4 year guys, like Tim Duncan, Steve Nash, etc.

This is such a draft where it ie an "eye of the beholder" draft, moreso than usual, and they are talking about how boards for teams are all over the place, moreso than I've ever heard, that I feel if you mess around and try to trade down in this draft because you think you can get a guy later, you may miss out on him altogether. There may not be that much difference between a lot of the prospects taken between 12 and 35....or maybe a lot of that group and some of the top 10.

Obviously I'd love to trade down, pick up some asset for doing so, and still get him if we take him, but I won't be surprised if he goes in the teens, or that surprised if we even took him at 10....I could see us trading down from like 10 to 16 and taking him though...not risking trading down too low...but we'd have to have a backup plan, or maybe take a guy at 10 we also really like (that the team at 16 wants) and only execute the trade if Bane is there...kind of like Philly did when they traded us Bridges....they had Bridges like 1A and Zhaire Smith like 1B but ended up getting the unprotected 2021 first out of us for the swap...of course that pick doesn't look so great...will likely be in the 20s.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#1779 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:27 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=09

Tyler Bey is still a very intriguing option in a trade back scenario. He's long, athletic, has great vertical burst, has a really high basketball IQ and elite defensive awareness ( only 2nd to Vassell himself), He's an ELITES rebounder and rim protector, and is low usage complimentary player as well, He's also a very versatile perimeter defender that can guard almost every position 1-5 ( 5 in small circumstances). But is also pretty efficient, And would be a superb versatile defensive glue guy ( wing/ forward) to compliment our plethora of dynamic wings. I would love to be able to walk out of draft night with a combination of either Lewis/ Bey. Or preferably Bane and Bey. Then buy a mid 2nd to draft Tyshon Alexander for a defensive compliment to Booker/ Rubio. :nod:
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,204

Post#1780 » by King4Day » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:20 pm

8. Which prospect-team pairing do you think is a perfect fit?

Schmitz: I love what Tyrese Maxey could become with the Phoenix Suns alongside Devin Booker, Deandre Ayton and Mikal Bridges. The Suns could use another jolt of shot creation and off-ball scoring in the backcourt, and that's exactly what Maxey provides. He is the next Kentucky guard with more on-ball potential than he was able to show at the collegiate ranks given the abundance of talent on the Wildcats' roster.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/30120353/new-nba-draft-intel-trade-talk-sleepers-perfect-fits
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley

Return to Phoenix Suns