ImageImageImageImageImage

So much jealousy/hate for our team

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,404

So much jealousy/hate for our team 

Post#1 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:37 am

I'm amazed at the hate for the Warriors.

Steph is one of the nicest guys in the league....Warriors during the dynastic run played the best brand of hoops possibly in history (if you like movement and passing and lock down defense).

If we as Warrior fans are looking forward to next year, imagine how much the actual core is looking forward to try and crush the league.

I've never looked forward to a season THIS much.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: So much jealousy/hate for our team 

Post#2 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:26 am

ILOVEIT wrote:I'm amazed at the hate for the Warriors.

Steph is one of the nicest guys in the league....Warriors during the dynastic run played the best brand of hoops possibly in history (if you like movement and passing and lock down defense).

If we as Warrior fans are looking forward to next year, imagine how much the actual core is looking forward to try and crush the league.

According to the rest of the league Steph and Klay are “Corny”
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#3 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:41 am

Steph and the Warriors taking at least 3 championships from Lebron in his prime is an unforgivable offense for many.

Lebron embodies that brutalist sort of machismo that so many young men worship and Curry is the exact opposite. Women and children love Curry and so many on RealGM will never forgive him for being the anti-Lebron.

My greatest basketball hope is that the Warriors with Steph at the helm ratf*ck Lebron out of any more trips to the Finals and that Steph finishes with more chips than he does.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#4 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:15 am

Mylie10 wrote:

It's amazing how much crap they take for being "mixed".
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#5 » by Coxy » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:13 am

Winning breeds emotional reactions in the opposite direction.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#6 » by Flash Falcon X » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:12 pm

That's what happens when you have the type of success GSW has had. It's natural for people to dislike the winning, and as a fan you have to get used to the hate. It's worse on social media (e.g. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) because there's even more casual fans giving their opinion compared to RealGM.

Warriors were actually a beloved team from 2012-2014 because they were viewed as a young, upstart team that played team basketball. 2015 they were still loved, but faced criticism from their ring due to Cleveland's injuries in the Finals.

2016, Warriors were reaching legendary status due to their 24-0 start and eventual 73 wins. But in the Playoffs people started to sour on Draymond's antics kicking people in the balls all the time. And once GSW blew the 3-1 lead in the Finals, all the love suddenly shifted towards LeBron again after the historic comeback.

Once Kevin Durant signed with Golden State in the 2016 offseason, that pretty much solidified the Warriors as the NBA villains. GSW was so stacked that people actually gave LeBron a pass for losing to them in 2017 and 2018. Because the narrative was "LeBron vs 4 All-Stars" which made it understandable for the King to lose.

Also, every single NBA champion for the past 30 years has gotten lucky breaks on their way to a championshp, but with Golden State, they've been hated so much that people try to put an asterisk on all their rings. You'll hear people say Spurs would have beaten GSW in 2017 if Kawhi wasn't injured; Houston would have beaten GSW in 2018 if CP3 wasn't injured, etc; the fans have all the excuses in order to discredit Golden State.

But when Toronto beats a Warriors team without a 35ppg Playoff scorer in KD and a hobbled Klay Thompson who eventually tore his ACL in what would have been another classic Game 6 Klay performance, their ring is celebrated. If LeBron beats an injured Miami Heat team and needed 6 games to get the job done when Bam missed 2 games and Goran missed 5 games, LeBron is put on the pedestal.

It's a double-standard that comes with the success GSW has had. But I do agree, if the Warriors win the championship next season, they'll definitely be proving so many people wrong. And they'll be hated even more for it. :lol:
#DubNation
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,258

Post#7 » by Onus » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:28 pm

I can’t wait until we beat the lakers next year. Laker fans are insufferable
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,258

Post#8 » by Onus » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:35 pm

The other thing that is funny is how there are so many trade ideas for Wiggins where they say Wiggins sucks he has negative value so take our trash so you can get off of his salary.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#9 » by jamesnamida » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:19 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:Steph and the Warriors taking at least 3 championships from Lebron in his prime is an unforgivable offense for many.

Lebron embodies that brutalist sort of machismo that so many young men worship and Curry is the exact opposite. Women and children love Curry and so many on RealGM will never forgive him for being the anti-Lebron.

My greatest basketball hope is that the Warriors with Steph at the helm ratf*ck Lebron out of any more trips to the Finals and that Steph finishes with more chips than he does.

This
Pretty much 80% of the hate are from lebron fanboys hating on curry and the dubs for preventing him from becoming the GOAT in the vast majority of peoples eyes.
Nothing wrong with nut hugging a player I guess but they become player haters because of it.
It's so funny to read the gen board sometimes, even if they bring the whole board down in terms of quality-- Posters like pennabaker, dynamic duo and rodzilla/rod Williams :lol: oh yea they make secondary accounts just to hate :lol: guess they have the time.

The rest are like 10% rockets/harden fans for obvious reasons, and 10% raptors fans who are insecure about their championship
Rudruff
Junior
And1: 120

Post#10 » by Rudruff » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:03 am

The hate comes from success. Long time Warrior's fans remember when every team's fans loved us.

The only price is a bunch of scar-tissue on your soul.
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#11 » by Bayside » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:15 am

Tall Poppy Syndrome
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,696

Post#12 » by Warriorfan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:38 am

People on RealGM are hyper fans of their teams that GS beat up on. Curry and KD and general warrior merch was big. Plus warriors drew in viewership.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#13 » by WarriorGM » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:04 pm

There are two main interests that are somewhat aligned that have a vested interest in marginalizing the Warriors and Curry in particular.

The LeBron faction for pretty obvious reasons.

And less obviously: the Jordan faction. One senses this mainly from the reactions of traditionalists and the media. But the stakes are even higher for this group. There is an entire cultural and financial ecosystem that has been built upon the Jordan mythos.

Curry is a threat to both.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,276

Post#14 » by CS707 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:44 pm

Most of the shade seems to come from either LeBron or Raptor fans sensitive to the Warriors role in the legacy of their respective favorite player/team. The KD angst has died down at this point and most of the people turned off by that have dialed back the hate.
Jay 20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,152

Post#15 » by Jay 20 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:40 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

It's amazing how much crap they take for being "mixed".

I also wonder if some players resent the fact that both their fathers played in the league too?

Return to Golden State Warriors