ImageImageImage

Trade Talk (Part Four)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Re: Trade Talk (Part Four) 

Post#1901 » by Neeva » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:12 pm

Domejandro wrote:Pick would have to be signed with a thirty day wait period.

GSW: James Johnson (TPE), Omari Spellman (TPE), Minnesota unprotects the 2021 pick, and seconds.
OUT: Protected Second

HOU: Jarrett Culver, Jacob Evans, #1, and future Draft Picks.
OUT: James Harden

MIN: James Harden
OUT: James Johnson, Jarrett Culver, Omari Spellman, Jacob Evans, #1, and future Draft picks.

D’Angelo Russell / Jordan McLaughlin (UFA)
Malik Beasley (RFA) / Kelan Martin (UFA)
James Harden / Josh Okogie
Juancho Hernangómez (RFA) / Jake Layman
Karl-Anthony Towns / Naz Reid / Jarred Vanderbilt

I like it, what about picks 17 and 33?
Maxey and Paul Reed would look great on that roster.
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,652

Post#1902 » by Shaka_Zulu » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:40 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:Another trade down option with bulls #1, JJ, Spellman etc for Dunn, otto porter Jr and markanen. Would be great if they give us #4. If not it's alright.

Dlo
Chris Dunn
Otto Porter JR

Lauri Markanen
Towns

Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,824

Post#1903 » by Domejandro » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:45 pm

Neeva wrote:

GSW: James Johnson (TPE), Omari Spellman (TPE), Minnesota unprotects the 2021 pick, and seconds.

OUT: James Johnson, Jarrett Culver, Omari Spellman, Jacob Evans, #1, and future Draft picks.

I like it, what about picks 17 and 33?
Maxey and Paul Reed would look great on that roster.

We could either add them to the trade, or pick ourselves. Left them out of the depth-chart mainly because I am unsure if they would need to be added. I would LOVE to keep those picks for rounding out the roster, though.
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#1904 » by moonpie » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:57 pm

This trade is based on the assumption that Harden asks for a trade to a contender and that HOU ownership decides to tear it down and save as much money as possible for next season

https://tradenba.com/trades/qMVARzhCb

Sixers in: James Harden, Russell Westbrook
Sixers out: Ben Simmons, Al Horford, Josh Richardson, Zhaire Smith, #21 pick, 2022 1st round pick

Rockets in: Al Horford, Josh Richardson, Zhaire Smith, James Johnson, Omari Spellman, #1 pick, #17 pick, # 21 pick, 2022 1st round pick
Rockets out: James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Eric Gordon

Wolves in: Ben Simmons, Eric Gordon
Wolves out: James Johnson, Omari Spellman, #1 pick, #17 pick

Sixers - Harden/Embiid on paper is a much better pairing than Simmons/Embiid. Allows Harris to move to the 4, slides Thybulle into the starting lineup most likely. Westbrook is a guy I can see Doc getting the best out of.

Rockets - Saving at least $35M this season. Horford's contract isn't great either, but better than Westbrook's and he will provide better veteran leadership for a young, rebuilding squad. Take fliers on some young talent (Spellman, Smith, Richardson) and get a treasure trove of picks including the #1. LaMelo Ball would seem to make the most sense from a marketing standpoint/void in the backcourt after the trade.

Wolves - Getting Ben Simmons speaks for itself. Part of the acquisition cost is eating Eric Gordon's contract, but he can still contribute as a scoring punch off the bench and a veteran presence if nothing else.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1905 » by Jedzz » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:10 pm

Why is GSW involved and why are we unprotecting picks and more for them?
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer

Post#1906 » by Shaka_Zulu » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:12 pm

Moonpie: I think that trade looks good for both us (tho a shame we giving away 17th) and Philly, but not sure Rockets would be that keen for role players (one of them huge negative contract), nr 1 pick, and couple late 20s picks. Giving away Harden is a HUGE deal for them. Even if he is into his 30s now, he has a skillset that will let him play for a long time.

Its nice we would be adding Eric Gordon in that too despite his age/injury history, he is a nice rotation piece really. He has insane heat check type of 3 pt bombs that are very difficult to guard.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1907 » by Jedzz » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:16 pm

moonpie wrote:This trade is based on the assumption that Harden asks for a trade to a contender and that HOU ownership decides to tear it down and save as much money as possible for next season

Sixers out: Ben Simmons, Al Horford, Josh Richardson, Zhaire Smith, #21 pick, 2022 1st round pick

Rockets in: Al Horford, Josh Richardson, Zhaire Smith, James Johnson, Omari Spellman, #1 pick, #17 pick, # 21 pick, 2022 1st round pick

Sixers - Harden/Embiid on paper is a much better pairing than Simmons/Embiid. Allows Harris to move to the 4, slides Thybulle into the starting lineup most likely. Westbrook is a guy I can see Doc getting the best out of.

Rockets - Saving at least $35M this season. Horford's contract isn't great either, but better than Westbrook's and he will provide better veteran leadership for a young, rebuilding squad. Take fliers on some young talent (Spellman, Smith, Richardson) and get a treasure trove of picks including the #1. LaMelo Ball would seem to make the most sense from a marketing standpoint/void in the backcourt after the trade.

Wolves - Getting Ben Simmons speaks for itself. Part of the acquisition cost is eating Eric Gordon's contract, but he can still contribute as a scoring punch off the bench and a veteran presence if nothing else.

part of accepting Simmons is eating his contract for someone that can't shoot. This team just barely started bringing in shooters, and not nearly enough yet. Eric Gordan would help shooting, but yeah his contract also. This is a luxury tax trip. I might not be willing to give up both #1 and #17 for that expensive mess, possibly not having a 2021 pick. The team will need to have cheap players along with Dlo/Simmons/Towns/E. Gordan.

The players obviously have value. But we are eating their cap headaches as well to help these teams move on. I wouldn't be so quick to give up so much.
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer

Post#1908 » by Shaka_Zulu » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:26 pm

The 1 pick has to go to get Simmons, but do you think there is a way to keep the 17th pick, and the trade still would be acceptable to the other parts? Maybe the 33th instead and some other filler.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#1909 » by IceManBK1 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:50 pm

Shaka_Zulu wrote:The 1 pick has to go to get Simmons, but do you think there is a way to keep the 17th pick, and the trade still would be acceptable to the other parts? Maybe the 33th instead and some other filler.

Since knicks looking to trade down..could offer culver for #8, afterall culver was #6 in last yr's draft..and 6 is higher than 8. So it's a fair trade. I think philly will be more enticed with both #1, #8 plus JJ rather than taking culver the player in the package. Then we can probly keep the 17th pick.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#1910 » by jscott » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:01 pm

Wolves aren’t getting Simmons for 1 nor are they getting 8 for Culver
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,404

Post#1911 » by shrink » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:01 pm

moonpie wrote:This trade is based on the assumption that Harden asks for a trade to a contender and that HOU ownership decides to tear it down and save as much money as possible for next season

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter!

On further reflection, there is no way MIN can take on the salaries of Gordon and the Poison Pill of Simmons, sending out only $16 mil James Johnson.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1912 » by IceManBK1 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:04 pm

jscott wrote:Wolves aren’t getting Simmons for 1 not are they getting 8 for Culver

Read on Twitter
?s=20

4 way trade..knicks get chris paul, philly gets our #1, knicks #8, JJ, Culver, Wolves get Simmons..OKC gets Randle, DSJ and philly's 1st rder.
Chello1
Junior
And1: 114

Post#1913 » by Chello1 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:09 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:
Chello1 wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:
Dunn and porter and really good defenders. Dlo needs a defensive guard like Dunn to hide him on defense. Porter's contract is bad... But he's ur definition of a 3d player. His numbers are down this year cuz he's avg less than 25 mins and less touches.

GGGGGOOOOODDDD AAAWWWWFFFFUUUULLLL IDEA! Think superstar! Not middle of the road average at best guys........

#1 pick and our fillers not enough to get you a superstar. And on this team dlo and towns are gonna be the superstars...they need a good support cast and good role players to complement them.

You aren't getting what I am saying...... The number one pick is a shot at a superstar....... The options coming back in al of these god awful proposals are for sure not superstars..... Keep the one and take a swing at a superstar........
jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#1914 » by jscott » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:17 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:
jscott wrote:Wolves aren’t getting Simmons for 1 not are they getting 8 for Culver

Read on Twitter
?s=20

4 way trade..knicks get chris paul, philly gets our #1, knicks #8, JJ, Culver, Wolves get Simmons..OKC gets Randle, DSJ and philly's 1st rder.

I don’t really see what one has to do with the other. Also why are the Knicks giving up 8 for Chris Paul? Seems like massive overpay especially since they are adding Randle and DSJ.

I don’t think any of these caps work either.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1915 » by IceManBK1 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:35 pm

jscott wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I don’t really see what one has to do with the other. Also why are the Knicks giving up 8 for Chris Paul? Seems like massive overpay especially since they are adding Randle and DSJ.

I don’t think any of these caps work either.

could have more players and picks involved going to each team.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1916 » by Jedzz » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:35 pm

IceManBK1 wrote:
Since knicks looking to trade down..could offer culver for #8, afterall culver was #6 in last yr's draft..and 6 is higher than 8. So it's a fair trade. I think philly will be more enticed with both #1, #8 plus JJ rather than taking culver the player in the package. Then we can probly keep the 17th pick.

Correct me if wrong, but Knicks have three picks from 8 to 27 to 38 this year, and Three FRPs in 2021.

How about just trading down with them from 1 to 8 and also give them #33, and having them give the Wolves their own FRP in 2021 unprotected. That still leaves them with two FRPs next year, (Mavs/Clippers), while getting them four picks to work with this year from 1,27,33,38. They could package those later picks if they want to move up, or just draft a gang to better their chances of finding another good piece.

Wolves don't have a 2021 FRP right now. That would be corrected, and 8 and 17 this year is plenty to work with while leaving Wolves with picks the team won't feel pressured to start or give too many minutes to. They could develop normally from bench minutes unless they show ready for more.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1917 » by Jedzz » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:53 pm

jscott wrote:Wolves aren’t getting Simmons for 1 nor are they getting 8 for Culver

This could be true, not sure, but boy do people here always seem to have a confidence syndrome about these picks and players here.
“When you doubt your power, you give power to your doubt.” ~Honore de Balzac

There are other bad team rosters out there right now that would love to have the #1 overall to have their choice and sell the idea of hope. Other teams, like Philly are on the edge of a nasty financial precipice. They do have incentives to making deals. I can't say they want to move on from Simmons or not. Nobody can know that but them. But the contract they gave him and seemingly too many others puts them also into a position to want to do something. The old guy in control is now gone there.

Some fans of Wolves may not have a lot of belief in this current roster, but they should have a lot more than they seem to. They did not get to see even 5 games of this roster plus Kat play yet. Didn't happen. So I guess they can't believe in that option enough yet. But the team has two Max players now, additional shooting talent beyond them and could very well have leaped from bottom 3 team to above average already with the current roster of players. Imagine adding one more good piece to this puzzle.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#1918 » by Dewey » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:58 pm

Jedzz wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:

Correct me if wrong, but Knicks have three picks from 8 to 27 to 38 this year, and Three FRPs in 2021.

How about just trading down with them from 1 to 8 and also give them #33, and having them give the Wolves their own FRP in 2021 unprotected. That still leaves them with two FRPs next year, (Mavs/Clippers), while getting them four picks to work with this year from 1,27,33,38. They could package those later picks if they want to move up, or just draft a gang to better their chances of finding another good piece.

Wolves don't have a 2021 FRP right now. That would be corrected, and 8 and 17 this year is plenty to work with while leaving Wolves with picks the team won't feel pressured to start or give too many minutes to. They could develop normally from bench minutes unless they show ready for more.

As long as we bring that quality establish player in the process… Seems to be Rosas objective
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1919 » by Jedzz » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:58 am

IceManBK1 wrote:
#1 pick and our fillers not enough to get you a superstar. And on this team dlo and towns are gonna be the superstars...they need a good support cast and good role players to complement them.

I don't disagree that they need a good supporting cast and role players to complement Dlo/Towns. Wolves are paying these two to be our max shots. So I agree. I don't however want to bring Dunn back here and don't want to trade anything for him. If he ends up coming back as a cheap FA someday, whatevs. But I'm not trading for him. Would rather draft high floor shooters that are competitors that will play on both ends and try to fill out roles that way.

Adding a third star like that is a pie in the sky plan. Can Rosas deliver that? I'll leave that to Towns/Dlo to push him. Won't expect it unless it someday happens.
old school 34
Senior
And1: 240

Post#1920 » by old school 34 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:29 am

Baseline81 wrote:Again, it's mainly to discuss, but here's NBASupes latest post on Hawksquawk:
Back:

I've been told Minny has up to 12 teams who have given them offers for 1st overall. I was told Indy was by far the most interested but was declined as they only want to move one of Turner or Sabonis and that's it. Minny would like Warren and one of them. Indy is willing to trade Warren/Oladipo but Minny wants assurance on Dipo which will not happen and Indy sees Warren as a main piece.

Minny wants a pick swap with a top 8 team and a 2021 lightly protected 1st like Atlanta got from Dallas. I was told, no one was interested. Minny offered Atlanta the pick for a pick swap and Hunter and was quickly declined and they did the same for Kevin H and was quickly declined as Atlanta had no interest in trading anyone in their core. Atlanta did counter with Bruno and #6 and was declined. As of right now, i am told a sitting offer of 1st/James Johnson for #6 and OKC 1st 2022 is the standing offer. They tired the same with NY. Wanted Robinson/#8 for #1 and was declined. NY offered 8/27 for 1st overall as a standing offer.

Most of the teams who have made a standing offer with Minny are drafting outside of the top 10 and are playoff level teams. I was told that the target of that pick varies. I was told, none of the offers are really that attractive and that Minny is hoping a team will fall in love with a prospect and move up as we get closer to the draft. He thinks they will try to go back to Indy to really do a deal as Indy has the best package on the open market. I asked if Minny does just move back, which deal do they like more, ATL or NY. He said he doesn't know but he thinks Atlanta willingness to take on money could swing the pendulum to Atlanta.

He is confident CP3 will end up either in Philly or New York and even more confident NY will get a PG in the draft, via trade or FA. This is why NY isn't hard on moving up to get Ball. They have options. I did asked what would Atlanta do if they landed #1, and he said they will likely flip it. There are some extremely attractive rentals on the open market and this might make Atlanta think about getting one of them considering where they want to go as an org without trading a core piece. No, Giannis is not available, FYI.

Oladipo has the most active market, although the value isn't great in return and he thinks this will open the flood gates for future trades. A lot of contenders and a couple pretenders want Oladipo BAD!
Again....I take the source with a grain of salt & more just a talker...so thanks for sharing....

But if Warren & Dipo are offered up...sure if I could get assurances...great, but end of the day...I'm taking that deal....even if I have to flip Dipo further reduced value...I'm still ahead. Warren is a very good 3/4 type wing that we very much lack on a Roco valued deal....worth the risk. Or if hung up on keeping a top 8 pick in this year's draft...would have to think there's a 3-team deal out there where we still get Warren and said draft pick & 3rd team gets Dipo?

It's not a super-hyped, high PR move but very strong from basketball perspective side imo.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves