Prospect Thread: James Wiseman

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,045

Re: Prospect Thread: James Wiseman 

Post#381 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:22 pm

Well he definitely hasn't been lazy
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
James Gatz
Veteran
And1: 693

Post#382 » by James Gatz » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:26 pm

Read on Twitter
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,165

Post#383 » by SWedd523 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:45 pm

James Gatz wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's really not "huge" though lol
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,045

Post#384 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:16 pm

SWedd523 wrote:
James Gatz wrote:
Read on Twitter

That literally looks like the perfect build for a modern center

To me anyway
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#385 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:10 pm

Braggins wrote:I'll nitpick and say he needs to work more on lower body strength, but um...
Read on Twitter

I think Biz is more jacked but that's just me. If Biz could finish or ever developed a jump shot he'd be a starter for many years.
It has been written...
James Gatz
Veteran

Post#386 » by James Gatz » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:15 pm

I really loved Biz but dude had bricks for hands and couldn't make read on a short roll to save his life. He's a great example of how actual intelligence doesn't necessarily translate to on court feel/IQ. Biz smart dude, spoke like 6 languages, but was one the lowest IQ guys out there most nights.

In term of workout pics I don't really care one way or another. I posted because after seeing it on this thread it was one of first posts on my twitter feed. I don't think there is much to be learned from any pics or clips from workout vids. Workouts matter but not we as the public get to see from them.
Shaqsoldestboy
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#387 » by Shaqsoldestboy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:22 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:
SWedd523 wrote:
James Gatz wrote:
Read on Twitter

That literally looks like the perfect build for a modern center

To me anyway

Yes, let us keep in mind that dude is legit 7'1.
James Gatz wrote:I really loved Biz but dude had bricks for hands and couldn't make read on a short roll to save his life. He's a great example of how actual intelligence doesn't necessarily translate to on court feel/IQ. Biz smart dude, spoke like 6 languages, but was one the lowest IQ guys out there most nights.

In term of workout pics I don't really care one way or another. I posted because after seeing it on this thread it was one of first posts on my twitter feed. I don't think there is much to be learned from any pics or clips from workout vids. Workouts matter but not we as the public get to see from them.

I disagree. This picture eliminates any questions I might have had about this kid being able to rebound.
James Gatz
Veteran

Post#388 » by James Gatz » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:51 am

Shaqsoldestboy wrote:
James Gatz wrote:I really loved Biz but dude had bricks for hands and couldn't make read on a short roll to save his life. He's a great example of how actual intelligence doesn't necessarily translate to on court feel/IQ. Biz smart dude, spoke like 6 languages, but was one the lowest IQ guys out there most nights.

I disagree. This picture eliminates any questions I might have had about this kid being able to rebound.

I can't tell if you're joking or not here. I'm really hoping this is meant as a joke.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#389 » by BigSlam » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:19 am

James Gatz wrote:I can't tell if you're joking or not here. I'm really hoping this is meant as a joke.

If a jacked rig is an automatic indicator of successful rebounding in the NBA we should totally sign Chris Hemsworth as an UFA this offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B B M F 'ers
Shaqsoldestboy
Ballboy

Post#390 » by Shaqsoldestboy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:32 am

Chris Hemsworth isn't 7'1 with a 7'4 wing span.
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,246

Post#391 » by luciano-davidwesley » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:47 am

SWedd523 wrote:
James Gatz wrote:
Read on Twitter

Looks pretty much like lean muscle to me. He obviously has a work ethic to look like that despite playing 3 competitive games this year. He's definitely #1 on my big board. I don't see the "awful lateral ability" people are talking about. He seems to move well above average for a guy his height to me.

He just needs to work a little more on his legs and quads but he's not far off an nba ready frame.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#392 » by BigSlam » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:36 am

Shaqsoldestboy wrote:Chris Hemsworth isn't 7'1 with a 7'4 wing span.

He’s 6’2” and Australian though - which converts to around 7’0”.

B B M F 'ers
Shaqsoldestboy
Ballboy

Post#393 » by Shaqsoldestboy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:19 pm

Ohhhh! my bad Slam. I didn't know!
geraldwallace
Junior
And1: 271

Post#394 » by geraldwallace » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:05 pm

"What Warriors general manager Bob Myers does with that pick -- whether it's flipping it, trading down or using it -- has been the topic of conversation for months. He's come out and said the team will "consider" trading the pick, but he's not committed to anything. But if the organization stands pat, it's looking increasingly likely that, if James Wiseman is available, they'll be passing. Here's what The San Francisco Chronicle's Connor Letourneau reported on that front this week:

"Everyone I've talked to in the organization doesn't feel comfortable spending the kind of money associated with an early lottery pick on a center when Golden State prefers to play a position-less, up-tempo style. Odds are that the Warriors will round out their center rotation in free agency."

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2020-nba-draft-golden-state-warriors-not-likely-to-use-no-2-overall-pick-on-a-center-per-report/
GoBobs
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,491

Post#395 » by GoBobs » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:26 pm

The thing that scares me is just that we havent seen him much at all. You cant just go by his body and assume he can play. There are to many dudes that look like tarzan and play like jane.

Im not inclined to believe the high school based hype after shabaz.

I think there is about 80% chance he is a bust as a draft pick, but it might still be worth the risk to see if he can be the next dwight. Scouting department needs to get him in for infividual workout. We are going to have to roll the dice on one of these guys,
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,246

Post#396 » by luciano-davidwesley » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:23 am

I see his floor as Mitchell Robinson with a mid range jumper. He's going to be a great shot blocker and he's going to be able to defend the perimeter because he's a smooth mover. He needs to work on not being so upright in his hips but i think he will get there.

I can see him also potentially expanding his jump shot to 3 point range but I'm not guaranteeing it will happen.

If he is there at 3 we HAVE to take him.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,737

Post#397 » by Diop » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:55 am

BigSlam wrote:
James Gatz wrote:I can't tell if you're joking or not here. I'm really hoping this is meant as a joke.

If a jacked rig is an automatic indicator of successful rebounding in the NBA we should totally sign Chris Hemsworth as an UFA this offseason.

I’ll show you jacked

Spoiler:
Penis
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,391

Post#398 » by Hornet Mania » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:42 pm

My only question about Wiseman is how much he can develop. Does he have the ability, assuming he's willing, to really become great or will he just be a hard worker with limited skills like Biz? There's no way to answer that from limited Memphis/AAU games or workout videos imo.

I have zero concerns about his body. He's going to be built like a tank once he gets in an NBA-level weight program. Will he be a smooth explosive tank with some nice skills like Dwight (or maybe even Admiral if we're super lucky)? That's the million dollar question.
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#399 » by DY_nasty » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:44 pm

Hornet Mania wrote:My only question about Wiseman is how much he can develop. Does he have the ability, assuming he's willing, to really become great or will he just be a hard worker with limited skills like Biz? There's no way to answer that from limited Memphis/AAU games or workout videos imo.

I have zero concerns about his body. He's going to be built like a tank once he gets in an NBA-level weight program. Will he be a smooth explosive tank with some nice skills like Dwight (or maybe even Admiral if we're super lucky)? That's the million dollar question.

It literally took biz 5 years to learn how to catch a ball

dude's shown more progress between his jr to sr year than biz has in his entire life :lol:
wilson115
Sixth Man
And1: 968

Post#400 » by wilson115 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:11 am

What does this say about the Warriors taking Wiseman at #2? (Or not.)

https://lakersdaily.com/report-golden-state-warriors-to-go-after-dwight-howard-in-free-agency/

Return to Charlotte Hornets