The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 8)

Moderators: PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier, penbeast0, trex_8063

MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 8) 

Post#1861 » by MyUniBroDavis » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:47 pm

Chris paul and AD would be a ridiculously good combo
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#1862 » by Dupp » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:49 pm

Cp3 to Lakers will happen eventually I think. Not until after his contract runs out though.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,603

Post#1863 » by Heej » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:01 pm

Dupp wrote:Cp3 to Lakers will happen eventually I think. Not until after his contract runs out though.

He's definitely gonna pull a Gary Payton on the 04 Lakers type of deal
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
Heej
General Manager

Post#1864 » by Heej » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:04 pm

Rondo will definitely regress. He went from shooting 33% from 3 in the regular season to 40%. Do I think there's some Iguodala to him where he'll shoot better in the playoffs knowing what the defense is giving him? Absolutely. But not enough to go from subpar to sub-elite.
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
frica
Pro Prospect
And1: 457

Post#1865 » by frica » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:11 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote:Chris paul and AD would be a ridiculously good combo

I've said it before but even at his current age, if CP3 somehow accepts a minimum...

It'd be gamebreaking.
Chris on the left, Davis in the middle and Lebron on the right.
What are you even supposed to do against that?
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#1866 » by LikeABosh » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:22 pm

Dupp wrote:Cp3 to Lakers will happen eventually I think. Not until after his contract runs out though.

Would he opt out next season? I think a 36 year old Cp3 would still be pretty good in a limited role
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#1867 » by nzahir » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:28 pm

frica wrote:

I've said it before but even at his current age, if CP3 somehow accepts a minimum...

It'd be gamebreaking.

85 million reasons that won't happen..

Not sure if trading away basically all our depth and 1st (beside KCP, THT and AC, if that even works) is even worth it

Cp3, Kcp, Lebron, AD, Dwight on the Min?
Caruso, THT, Do we even get the Mle?, Bae?, vets

Probably better off waiting until 2022 if we strike out in 2021, unless there is some type of amnesty rule
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#1868 » by MisterHibachi » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:31 pm

frica wrote:

It'd be gamebreaking.

He's still good enough that he would be underpaid if he opted out and took the Lakers MLE. A CP/AD pairing would be INSANE.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
kayess
Sixth Man
And1: 1,000

Post#1869 » by kayess » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:43 pm

tone wone wrote:Lebron is a 4x champion. At this point you guys should understand the difference between Battier-Chalmers-Tristan-JR level role players and Halslem-Cole-Shumpert-Delly level role players.

The first group were absolutely critical to both regular season success as well as postseason success. Their games help shape those teams identity. Miami and Cleveland don't win titles without those guys. The 2nd group were nice regular season depth who had their moments but were ultimately replaceable.

An honest look at this Lakers roster would reveal only KCP and possibly Caruso worthy of being included with the Battier, Tristan, Rio and JR.

Some of you dudes swore Bradley was super important. Truth is, most of the guys around Lebron and AD are very replaceable. If LA does the smart thing and get a real PG...Rondo becomes even more useless.

Dennis Schoeder
Wes Matthews
Mo Harkless

That's my wish list. Every role player other than KCP and Caruso is on table for me. I don't find any of them critical to LA's success. I am not sitting through another year of Rajon Rondo. I won't do it.

Tbf man, playoff Rondo seemed absolutely irreplacable. Sure someone with more consistent D, shooting, and playmaking would be better, but idk.

He's shown enough to show that he can be late career Jason Kidd 2.0

Bradley was their best on-ball defender for stretches. I think he's absolutely up there. The replacability is also a function of availability. There just aren't that many guys who can do what Braldey does that's available.
tone wone
Pro Prospect
And1: 578

Post#1870 » by tone wone » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:08 am

kayess wrote:Tbf man, playoff Rondo seemed absolutely irreplacable. Sure someone with more consistent D, shooting, and playmaking would be better, but idk.

Bradley was their best on-ball defender for stretches. I think he's absolutely up there. The replacability is also a function of availability. There just aren't that many guys who can do what Braldey does that's available.

Nope. Rondo was absolutely awful in the regular season (don't ever compare him to late career Kidd, who was at 6'4 was a legit big guard/wing defender and an excellent spot up shooter) and Bradley missed the entire playoffs. The Lakers won any damn way.

They ain't that important man.
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I don’t think LeBron was as good a point guard as Mo Williams for the point guard play not counting the scoring threat. In other words in a non shooting Rondo like role Mo Williams would be better than LeBron.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#1871 » by Dupp » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:24 am

LikeABosh wrote:

Would he opt out next season? I think a 36 year old Cp3 would still be pretty good in a limited role

I don’t think he’s leaving anything on the table as far as this contract goes. Once it expires I think he’ll take less than his worth.
kayess
Sixth Man
And1: 1,000

Post#1872 » by kayess » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:38 am

tone wone wrote:
kayess wrote:Tbf man, playoff Rondo seemed absolutely irreplacable. Sure someone with more consistent D, shooting, and playmaking would be better, but idk.

Nope. Rondo was absolutely awful in the regular season (don't ever compare him to late career Kidd, who was at 6'4 was a legit big guard/wing defender and an excellent spot up shooter) and Bradley missed the entire playoffs. The Lakers won any damn way.

Rondo was absolutely awful in the RS, sure. He showed Jason Kidd v2.0 in the playoffs is what I meant obviously. You 100% take the chance of him replicating even 90% of that every time, I think. I still think they should try to add another guard anyway, because Caruso still can't do it consistently enough (though he will improve).

Sure they won, but it's not like teams are gonna stand pat - they'll improve, and the Lakers should too, and having another proven 3&D wing is an excellent place to start.
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#1873 » by MyUniBroDavis » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:20 am

tone wone wrote:

Why do we care how he does in the rs tho lol
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
Greyhound
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 8) 

Post#1874 » by Greyhound » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:26 am

tone wone wrote:

This is some short sighted analysis right here.

I don’t care what Rondo does in the regular season. You sign him for the hope of getting playoff Rondo again (you do it and you don’t think twice). Rondo is also a leader on this team. Replacing him with some high priced player (like CP3) or a regular season warrior (a George Hill type) that will disappear in the playoffs would be a mistake. Rondo at around 5 mill is well worth it. I don’t care if he spends the entire regular season in a wheelchair.

In terms of Bradley, he is a highly valuable piece that may be needed in the future. You are flat out wrong with your assessment of him.

He may be needed against GS, Brooklyn and the Clippers in potential matchups. You can add Denver to that list as well, if Murray can maintain his bubble play. A Bradley is a good thing to have, guy.
Don't believe the hype...
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#1875 » by nzahir » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:07 am

Cap experts:
Is there a way to trade for Cp3 and use the mle and bae?

Does DG, Kuzma, Bradley, Mcgee, Cook, and 28 even get it done? Seemed a bit short on my calculations, but I may be wrong, not an expert
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,909

Post#1876 » by thebigbird » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:31 am

Trying for CP3 is a great way to screw this thing up. He’s an old 6’0 point guard making $40 million a year. He’s injury prone. The Lakers don’t need a starting point guard. They have LeBron. They need 3&D role players. I’d only take CP3 on a vet minimum.
tone wone
Pro Prospect
And1: 578

Post#1877 » by tone wone » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:56 am

Greyhound wrote:This is some short sighted analysis right here.

I don’t care what Rondo does in the regular season. You sign him for the hope of getting playoff Rondo again (you do it and you don’t think twice). Rondo is also a leader on this team. Replacing him with some high priced player (like CP3) or a regular season warrior (a George Hill type) that will disappear in the playoffs would be a mistake. Rondo at around 5 mill is well worth it. I don’t care if he spends the entire regular season in a wheelchair.

In terms of Bradley, he is a highly valuable piece that may be needed in the future. You are flat out wrong with your assessment of him.

He may be needed against GS, Brooklyn and the Clippers in potential matchups. You can add Denver to that list as well, if Murray can maintain his bubble play. A Bradley is a good thing to have, guy.

I don't wanna watch Rondos sorry ass play 20min a night for 82 games.....it a terrible a watch. Its been 2yrs of this nonsense; Im over it. Don't think there's been a Lebron teammate I've disliked watching more.

Avery Bradley is Iman Shumpert. A supposedly defensive stallwarth with a very narrow skillet who barely moves the needle. In a postseason where LA saw a wave of highend scoring guards he was completely forgotten about. I don't think his name was mentioned once in this thread once the playoffs started. He gives them absolutely nothing that the don't already get from Caruso. Nothing.

I will never pine over these these replacement-level players. Can't do it. Package them together and go get a real starting level lead ball-handler and some actual shooters.
SinceGatlingWasARookie wrote:I don’t think LeBron was as good a point guard as Mo Williams for the point guard play not counting the scoring threat. In other words in a non shooting Rondo like role Mo Williams would be better than LeBron.
JulesWinnfield
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,354

Post#1878 » by JulesWinnfield » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:08 am

I know its been covered here before but just glazing through some Laker numbers this postseason one of the most glaring things to take note of is how ridiculously hot Anthony Davis was taking mid range jumpers

Davis shot 55.2% on mid range jumpers (16-23 feet) in this postseason. This regular season he shot 32% on such shots. For his career, he shoots 37.9% on such shots. That’s a massively significant difference and I’d doubt he had any 20ish game sample in his career shooting like that

This postseason 18.7% of his FGA came from this range, roughly identical to his 20.0% career percentage. During the regular season only 13% of his attempts came from this range
Heej
General Manager

Post#1879 » by Heej » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:56 am

I think you ride out playoff Rondo for 2 years like some kinda BJ Armstrong character. Then bring in CP3 on a MLE type deal and he's the transition point of a new Lakers squad where LeBron and AD are playing 4-5 full time in the playoffs and he's the Ron Harper character except better. Him and Rondo are one of the few in that LeBron caliber of dissecting opponents, and those 2 don't mess with eachother. Only make sense to replace one with the other in time.

Next year's run is gonna be way way harder lol. Evolution from multiple teams, some potential jumpshot regression candidates in Rondo and AD (and on the bright side, Danny Green), a year of mental fatigue maybe? What a blessing this year's run was, so low stress overall. No Game 7s. Cleveland's will always be my favorite but this one will always be in its own separate category.

Lmfaoo actually, it just occurred to me comparing this run to last run. It's literally the entire distillation of my Lebron vs Jordan argument in a nutshell. LeBron has higher highs and lows and gets better later on just like the 2016 run, while Jordan is more consistent throughout and maaaybe tapers off at the end. And that's why LeBron is my GOAT.
Heej
General Manager

Post#1880 » by Heej » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:07 am

tone wone wrote:
Greyhound wrote:This is some short sighted analysis right here.

I don't wanna watch Rondos sorry ass play 20min a night for 82 games.....it a terrible a watch. Its been 2yrs of this nonsense; Im over it. Don't think there's been a Lebron teammate I've disliked watching more.

Avery Bradley is Iman Shumpert. A supposedly defensive stallwarth with a very narrow skillet who barely moves the needle. In a postseason where LA saw a wave of highend scoring guards he was completely forgotten about. I don't think his name was mentioned once in this thread once the playoffs started. He gives them absolutely nothing that the don't already get from Caruso. Nothing.

I will never pine over these these replacement-level players. Can't do it. Package them together and go get a real starting level lead ball-handler and some actual shooters.

Excuse me? That is an extreme insult to Avery Bradley's bball IQ lol cmon tone. He's way better on the periphery than Shumpert. I'm positive his numbers were better from the December month onward as they were rounding in to shape. He's a canny cutter, reliable shooter, and is able to attack a closeout by at least dribbling into a consistent midrange pull-up. He's even a decent enough passer and shooter on that elbow handoff action they run sometimes that he could easily buoy a bench offense or comeback for a stretch during crucial runs. Iman Shumpert is just ridiculously worse due to his low IQ imo

Return to Player Comparisons