ImageImageImageImage

Giannis? And Harden? Maybe...

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,892

Re: Giannis Blockbuster? 

Post#21 » by drsd » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:08 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:Giannis will goto Miami. Rumors been for a while. Evidently, he has same agent as Bam while Bam put off his contract resigning another year so the Heat will have money to make a move for Giannis. Riley the man again . . .

A roster that has Antetokounmpo, Butler, and Adebayo as core allows for a "Dragić and Herro"-type backcourt, and be dominant.

The "beauty" of this for Miami is that all kinds of rookies and vets would flock to South Beach to make a low-cost, high-quality bench.

It is the reversion away from guard play to focus on the bigs. And being ahead of the curve is how to win in the NBA.

MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 578

Post#22 » by MasterGMer » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:13 pm

Adebayo has the same agent as Giannis, and Miami Heat will be full pursuit of Giannis 2021. So will GSW and Dallas.

Time is clicking and if Giannis doesn't sign the super max with Bucks. He is gone. And we will know very very soon.

2021 Free Agent Class is huge. Will we have the cap space? I know I know nobody wants to come to Orlando. We had been an attractive place for FA. But what happened? Hope things will change and start from this year's draft. We can get a really good piece at 15 to pair with Fultz. And I am excited already!
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#23 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:39 pm

MasterGMer wrote:Adebayo has the same agent as Giannis, and Miami Heat will be full pursuit of Giannis 2021. So will GSW and Dallas.

Time is clicking and if Giannis doesn't sign the super max with Bucks. He is gone. And we will know very very soon.

2021 Free Agent Class is huge. Will we have the cap space? I know I know nobody wants to come to Orlando. We had been an attractive place for FA. But what happened? Hope things will change and start from this year's draft. We can get a really good piece at 15 to pair with Fultz. And I am excited already!

Cap space will depend on what Fultz and Isaac get signed for 2nd contracts.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
MasterGMer
Veteran

Post#24 » by MasterGMer » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:14 pm

Per twitter: Miami is planning on going all in on Giannis 2021 summer
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,904

Post#25 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:53 am

And we will continue to run out Vucevic and Fournier lol.... unreal.
Orlando Magic are BACK!!!
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,529

Post#26 » by Rainwater » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:28 am

BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:And we will continue to run out Vucevic and Fournier lol.... unreal.

To be fair I doubt Giannis wants to play for the Magic. Who exactly would he play with (in terms of stars) once he gets here? Heat, just coming off a finals run, already have Butler and great supporting cast. Heat are just are an attractive location currently.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#27 » by pepe1991 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:43 am

BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:And we will continue to run out Vucevic and Fournier lol.... unreal.

We couldn't even keep Ibaka from leaving...
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,904

Post#28 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:10 pm

Rainwater wrote:

To be fair I doubt Giannis wants to play for the Magic. Who exactly would he play with (in terms of stars) once he gets here? Heat, just coming off a finals run, already have Butler and great supporting cast. Heat are just are an attractive location currently.

Thats my point. We are worse than a treadmill team because no one cares.

I mean what do we have to look forward too?

Chuma - I am sure he will be a solid player in time but he is a rookie coming off ACL surgery
Isaac- injury prone label is not going anywhere

Potential for Dennis Smith trade- he is who he is. Just like AG and Vuc.

Sorry but there is no hope for a long time here.
Orlando Magic are BACK!!!
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,529

Post#29 » by Rainwater » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:34 pm

BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

Chuma - I am sure he will be a solid player in time but he is a rookie coming off ACL surgery

I think we need to rebuild and hopefully we get lucky and build a decent team to attract a star.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,224

Post#30 » by pepe1991 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:59 pm

Rainwater wrote:
BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

I think we need to rebuild and hopefully we get lucky and build a decent team to attract a star.

Did any smaller market team ever had any sucess with that?

Almost every single major star in last 15 years , on small market team demanded trade or flat out left. From Jason Kidd, Geoge, Lebron, Durant, Chris Paul, Chris Webber... You name it. Kawhi won championship and left to a team that probably was actually worst than team who he won championship with ( with bit of hindsight).

Rebuilding today is as pointless as staying mediocre. Giannis is probably on exit doors as another star who never attacted superstar to small market, despite being top 5 player himself.

And having RFA status in moment of resign also means nothing, as players now simply demand a trade and make a wishlist where to go. It's a joke. Small market teams today are nothing but farm system.
Davis demanding a trade, not even wanting to play for Pelicans and wakling around like clown with "that's it folks" shirt is best example how uncopetitive league is. Year later he is nba champion, as sad as that is. And Peles are back as square one, now building Ingram, Ball and Williamson for Lakers, Nets, Knicks, Celtics or whoever gets them when they are in their prime. But proably not Pelicans.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MasterGMer
Veteran

Post#31 » by MasterGMer » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:26 am

By not signing the super max extension, instead sign with another team 2021 offseason, Giannis could lose up to 45M dollars.

But I predict he is not going to sign with Mil even with the loss. So 2021 summer is going to be really interesting. Miami Heat and GSW are all in in signing Giannis. It is their KD like 73 Warriors team.

Now the drama extends to James Harden, who is trending towards leaving a rebuilding Houston. He has 3 years left on his contract. Should Magic give a try to trade for him? I know it is a long short since we do not have the enticing pieces, like Ben Simmons. But we could give a try.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#32 » by MagicFan101 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:34 am

MasterGMer wrote:By not signing the super max extension, instead sign with another team 2021 offseason, Giannis could lose up to 45M dollars.

Comments like this make me laugh.

It’s like the people who said Pat Mahomes signing for $500M lost him money.

He locked himself into a small town, secured money TODAY and became part owner of an MLB team.

He is set.

If Giannis leaves is will be for a bigger market where his endorsements will skyrocket beyond what they can be ... yes, they can be more.

NBA salary is not the only source of income.
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Re: Giannis? And Harden? Maybe... 

Post#33 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:50 pm

OT - But...

Can someone who has followed the rise and apparent fall of Westbrook tell me realistically why he has been so dismissed as a player after averaging a triple double for 3 straight years. The follow up would be why wouldn't a lot of middling teams (like ours) be tripping over themselves trying to land him?

I get the contract, and I've heard on this board the trash talk about him, but wouldn't he still be far above our best player, and a good mental mentor to someone like Fultz. I mean he single handedly made Dipo's star take off from what I recall.

So, can someone please explain what the deal is with him?
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,141

Post#34 » by zaymon » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:45 pm

sChOlaRlY_Magi wrote:OT - But...

Can someone who has followed the rise and apparent fall of Westbrook tell me realistically why he has been so dismissed as a player after averaging a triple double for 3 straight years. The follow up would be why wouldn't a lot of middling teams (like ours) be tripping over themselves trying to land him?

I get the contract, and I've heard on this board the trash talk about him, but wouldn't he still be far above our best player, and a good mental mentor to someone like Fultz. I mean he single handedly made Dipo's star take off from what I recall.

The perception is that he is more of a stat padder than winner. Everything must revolve around him. I heard that while he works physically, he totally checks out mentally. Too lazy to learn rotations, player tendencies. Runs on the floor like chicken without a head.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Post#35 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:47 pm

zaymon wrote:

The perception is that he is more of a stat padder than winner. Everything must revolve around him. I heard that while he works physically, he totally checks out mentally. Too lazy to learn rotations, player tendencies. Runs on the floor like chicken without a head.

Huh, thanks. I don't think I ever heard it put that way. Makes sense why he didn't seem to care when he lost Durant form OKC...
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#36 » by Xatticus » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:10 pm

He is still good. He'd just be better if he learned some self control regarding his shot selection. He was clearly the second-best player when Durant and Harden were around, but we've also seen that he can carry a team to the playoffs without a lot of help. The huge issues are his age and contract. He relies heavily on his athleticism. He doesn't seem to be declining yet, but he just turned 32 and the decline is imminent. The question is how long can his stave off a sharp decline. I'd guess that he has a few strong years left. That contract is a behemoth. It's going to be tough to work around it and you know you are dealing with a short window if you bring him in.

This is actually very relevant for Orlando though. Our status as a playoff-caliber team is heavily dependent on the bottom half of the East being very weak. We aren't good, but there is a fairly wide gap between us and the other **** teams in the East. That changes if Westbrook lands in Charlotte, New York, Chicago, etc...
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
MasterGMer
Veteran

Post#37 » by MasterGMer » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:30 pm

https://clutchpoints.com/5-ideal-trade-destinations-for-rockets-star-russell-westbrook/

This article mentioned Magic as the best trade destination for Westbrook.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#38 » by MagicMatic » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:21 pm

Westbrook isn’t Harden or Giannis. His value is closer to negative.
MasterGMer
Veteran

Post#39 » by MasterGMer » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:51 am

Per source: Miami has offered Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson plus Andre Iguadala for Westbrook and 2 2021 Second round picks

Heat wants another star desperately

What package can we offer? Even that I am not a big fan of trading for Westbrook
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,153

Post#40 » by Knightro » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:19 am

MasterGMer wrote:Per source: Miami has offered Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson plus Andre Iguadala for Westbrook and 2 2021 Second round picks

Heat wants another star desperately

What package can we offer? Even that I am not a big fan of trading for Westbrook

The Rockets would accept that in about 2 seconds if it was actually being offered.

Can't imagine that's real.

Return to Orlando Magic