ImageImageImageImageImage

Raps 2020 Picks (Prospect Watch, Update: Vecenie Mock Released)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,545

Re: Raps 2020 Picks (Prospect Watch, Update: Vecenie Mock Released) 

Post#3141 » by Psubs » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:44 am

Indeed wrote:
BallstriKer wrote:
HeadtopChunes wrote:
He’s much better than Delon at the same age, but the biggest difference is shooting. Delon was a reluctant shooter from pretty much everywhere. Maledon has a nice shooting package (pull up, C+S and off screens)
That's awesome! It'd be amazing if he slipped to us. Delon was picked a little higher too if I remember correctly.

I think Wright was a pretty good defender, not surprised Wright is the better defender, but without a 3 point shot, he is unplayable in the modern NBA game. And I guess Maledon would be Davis type combo guard than Wright was a pass first guard.

He shot 37% last season. He's like Rondo and Marcus Smart in the sense that they've developed a 3pt shot that is passable and no longer such the liability they were early in their careers.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#3142 » by Psubs » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:14 am

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2912697-2020-nba-draft-ranking-the-top-5-prospects-at-every-position

I'd be cool with drafting any of these 25 players. :D

https://hoopshype.com/2020/10/14/executives-share-worst-interview-answers-from-nba-draft-prospects/

One longtime Eastern Conference executive asked a prospect if he did drugs. When the player surprisingly said he did, the executive asked what his favorite drug was.

“He said he did ecstasy,” the executive recalled. “We asked him where he got the money for the drugs. He said, ‘They paid me to come to this school, so that’s where I got the money.’ Needless to say, he was red-flagged from our list.”

One executive asked a player whose role he can fill in the league tomorrow. The prospect mentioned Anthony Davis or Kevin Durant. The executive looked at the prospect like he had two heads and replied, ‘I said tomorrow. Come on.’

Another executive was told by an underclassman, “I don’t really see anybody I play like, but I feel like I’m old school. I think I’m (Michael) Jordan. I think I’m Scottie Pippen.”

The executive shook his head at the prospect. “That question really tells you a lot about the kid’s sense of reality.”
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,138

Post#3143 » by Mark_83 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:15 am

When are we getting combine measurements?
Mark_83
Assistant Coach

Post#3144 » by Mark_83 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:31 am

I think we go point guard at 29 now. Fred is a free agent and this draft is deep in guards.

Terry
Lewis
Maledon
Flynn
Winston
Jones

29) Terry/Maledon/Flynn/Bane/Tillie/Joe/Woodard/Tillman/Reed
59) Mane/Diakite/Marshall/Knight/Pritchard/Merrill/N'Doye/Mays
Psubs
RealGM

Post#3145 » by Psubs » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:47 am

Mark_83 wrote:I think we go point guard at 29 now. Fred is a free agent and this draft is deep in guards.

Terry
Lewis
Maledon
Flynn
Winston
Jones

If none drop, I think Flynn is the man. Maybe Winston. I do like that Flynn's A/T is almost 3 and he led his team to 30-2 and the #1 national rank for a while. His 3pt shot has nice arc like Terence Davis and he wasn't the focal point, might have some easier shots and shoot closer to 40%. What has him drop to #29 is 6'1 and a transfer senior. He was Mountain West Player of the Year AND Defensive Player of the Year!
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,524

Post#3146 » by DreamTeam09 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:40 am

At this point I'd be pretty upset if Josh Hall is on the board and we don't take him.

He's the type of player I want to follow their progression of for the next few years

In Raptor Ball I Trust
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,116

Post#3147 » by God Squad » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:46 am

We should just draft the prospect we deem has the most potential at our slot or around our selection.
Mark_83
Assistant Coach

Post#3148 » by Mark_83 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:00 am

Psubs wrote:
Mark_83 wrote:I think we go point guard at 29 now. Fred is a free agent and this draft is deep in guards.

Terry
Lewis
Maledon
Flynn
Winston
Jones

If none drop, I think Flynn is the man. Maybe Winston. I do like that Flynn's A/T is almost 3 and he led his team to 30-2 and the #1 national rank for a while. His 3pt shot has nice arc like Terence Davis and he wasn't the focal point, might have some easier shots and shoot closer to 40%. What has him drop to #29 is 6'1 and a transfer senior. He was Mountain West Player of the Year AND Defensive Player of the Year!

Flynn and Winston are arguably the two best pick and roll PGs in this draft. My only issue with Winston is can he improve the defense to Flynn or Vanvleet level. I have no questions that the offense will translate. They're both smart and skilled. Heard the Knicks and Lakers high on Flynn though and that his interviews got him rising.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,642

Post#3149 » by LoveMyRaps » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:32 am

Read on Twitter

Dude looks good.
As of now he's probably my ideal pick for our 59th pick.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
HeadtopChunes
Head Coach
And1: 10,224

Post#3150 » by HeadtopChunes » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:43 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dude looks good.

Probably taken earlier than that, looks like a riser
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,923

Post#3151 » by Kevin Willis » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:40 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dude looks good.

1. With the season already started, does that mean they can only come over the season after this one? It would make no sense to leave their current team now.

2. The back of their jersey says Unity. Did it always say that?
Ska needs to make a comeback.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#3152 » by Psubs » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:49 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:At this point I'd be pretty upset if Josh Hall is on the board and we don't take him.

He's the type of player I want to follow their progression of for the next few years

Was looking him up and saw a video of him vs Isaiah Todd, who is playing in the GLeague next year since he's only 18.

https://nbadraftroom.com/p/2021-nba-mock-draft/

Can the Raptors not finish as high and draft Todd! CB4.2? :D

Bull-E
Junior
And1: 285

Post#3153 » by Bull-E » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:54 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dude looks good.

Interesting side note about this game is that famed Steph Curry impersonator Jordan Loyd put up 19 points, which followed a 30 point performance. He's been generally balling out since going to Europe. Gotta believe he finds his way back to the NBA soon.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,134

Post#3154 » by Dalek » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:38 pm

Bull-E wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dude looks good.

Interesting side note about this game is that famed Steph Curry impersonator Jordan Loyd put up 19 points, which followed a 30 point performance. He's been generally balling out since going to Europe. Gotta believe he finds his way back to the NBA soon.

Rokas is doing well in Euroleague play. Curious if he is still growing as his dad, Aivaras Jokubaitis is 6'7" and played for years in the Euroleague. Given his age, and draft and stashability I think he ends up on Boston given the amount of picks they have.
Psubs
RealGM

Post#3155 » by Psubs » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:01 pm

Dalek wrote:Rokas is doing well in Euroleague play. Curious if he is still growing as his dad, Aivaras Jokubaitis is 6'7" and played for years in the Euroleague. Given his age, and draft and stashability I think he ends up on Boston given the amount of picks they have.

Philly should nab him. They have #34, #36, #49 and #58.
Dalek
RealGM

Post#3157 » by Dalek » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:28 pm

The more I watch of Killian Tillie, the more I think he is worth the pick at 29. His injury history is really the only thing holding him back from being a lottery pick. If Toronto wants a guy who can fill in for Gasol with good passing, shooting and just overall IQ, Tillie is pretty close to the Gasol.

I think he is starter level and is similar in size to Sabonis. Given his injury history, I don't think Tillie will be as physical as Sabonis is, but his shooting is proven. To have a stretch four who can shoot off movement is highly valuable. His passing is also special. If he is healthy he could be another Jokic.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
Psubs
RealGM

Post#3158 » by Psubs » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:33 pm

Dalek wrote:The more I watch of Killian Tillie, the more I think he is worth the pick at 29. His injury history is really the only thing holding him back from being a lottery pick. If Toronto wants a guy who can fill in for Gasol with good passing, shooting and just overall IQ, Tillie is pretty close to the Gasol.

I think he is starter level and is similar in size to Sabonis. Given his injury history, I don't think Tillie will be as physical as Sabonis is, but his shooting is proven. To have a stretch four who can shoot off movement is highly valuable. His passing is also special. If he is healthy he could be another Jokic.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Not going to be Jokic or Gasol level but maybe Ryan Anderson.
Dalek
RealGM

Post#3159 » by Dalek » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:47 pm

Psubs wrote:
Dalek wrote:The more I watch of Killian Tillie, the more I think he is worth the pick at 29. His injury history is really the only thing holding him back from being a lottery pick. If Toronto wants a guy who can fill in for Gasol with good passing, shooting and just overall IQ, Tillie is pretty close to the Gasol.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

I can see the Ryan Anderson comp, but I think that's his floor. Maybe he is not at the Jokic level, but I think he should be more than a spot-up shooter. Tillie himself thinks plays like Danillo Gallinari which would be a great outcome at 29.

One other draft guy also made the Gallo comp and you can see a lot of similarities:

Psubs
RealGM

Post#3160 » by Psubs » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:01 pm

Dalek wrote:
Psubs wrote:

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

I can see the Ryan Anderson comp, but I think that's his floor. Maybe he is not at the Jokic level, but I think he should be more than a spot-up shooter. Tillie himself thinks plays like Danillo Gallinari which would be a great outcome at 29.

One other draft guy also made the Gallo comp and you can see a lot of similarities:

Yes, but averaging 5 rebounds in college isn't going to help the Raptors on the boards. I guess if he shoots the 3 at 40% there won't be many rebounds. lol Well on the offensive end.

Anderson averaged 9 rebound during his 2 years at Cal. So perhaps Tille tops out around 4-5 rebs per game in the NBA, that's like Matt Bonner with better passing and dribbling. :(

Return to Toronto Raptors