ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors need to trade for Paul George

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,892

Re: Warriors need to trade for Paul George 

Post#41 » by whatisacenter » Wed Oct 7, 2020 3:11 pm

Little Digger wrote:I’ll be honest ..I love Wiggins and the way he fits .but he’s not a dog like Iguodala..That’s why I’d sacrifice my right nut to have the W’s draft OKORO

Pg Curry-Poole
Sg Thompson-Wiggins-Okoro
Sf Wiggins-Okoro-Thompson
PF Green-Wiggins-Okoro
C- we need at least one air craft carrier to rotate in with Chriss and Draymond

So interchangeable defensively and two of the meanest dogs in the NBA in Dray and Okoro..+ Klay may seem mild mannered but he’s got purebred Doberman Pincher in him

I wish Paschall would turn into a dog ..maybe he will

I went down the Okoro rabbit hole last night. I am old and have had a vasectomy but would offer my left nut to get the deal done.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#42 » by B-King » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:07 am

Warriors don't need George. They need to use the TPE and a future 1st (not the 2021 Minny pick or 2020 pick) for either Covington or Oubre Jr. Or use 2 future 1st round picks and other capital with the TPE to get Turner. They would have to do a 3 way trade get Turner to the Dubs. Use MLE accordingly.

The Warriors can use more depth, keep the top value picks to try and find another star player.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#43 » by Coxy » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:12 pm

Upperclass wrote:Draymond seems increasingly unhappy and discontented on this team.. and sometimes a change is needed.

Did noone read this muck? Draymond loves the Warriors you plonker.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#44 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:55 pm

Upperclass wrote:Like now.. Make a Draymond for Paul George swap. The TE can absorb the salary disparity.

Why for Warriors?
Georges perceived value will never be this low again while hes in his prime..
Draymond seems increasingly unhappy and discontented on this team.. and sometimes a change is needed. Its better to make these changes BEFORE going back into battle vs after. His value wont be higher than it is right now as well with his stellar appearances on tnt(shows his BBIQ)
Paul George is a perfect 2, 3 or 4th wheel depending on the matchup.. Klay, Wiggins and PG on the perimeter would be a wrap for most teams who arent the Lakers or Clippers
Wiggins value will rise playing with a similar styled player and will allow either of them to step up when the others head is not in the game on a nightly basis..
Allows you to draft who they want to draft anyway.. Wiseman.. Steph, Klay, Wiggins, Paul, Wiseman.. thats a tough starting 5
They'll likely lose to the Clippers with this trade and the Lakers.. but the value of Wiggins or George and Wiseman should be high enough with the success of this team..to deal for Giannis if it comes to that later on..

Why for Clippers?
They get a fiery, intelligent, smart LEADER.. who can also playmake(they still will need actual point guard).. But the lineups of Lou Will, Trez, Kawhi, Shamet .. now suddenly fit because they have a guy who can make almost every pass and knows where players should be on offense and defense
Allows Clips to deal beverly for a playmaker
Changes the tenor in the locker room.. Paul Georges personality isnt changing.. so change his personality with one thats a likely better fit.. and raises the tenor of the laker/clipper rivalry after the lakers win this year..
Clips likely win next year with this change and a few others to fill holes

Thoughts?

floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#45 » by Coxy » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:34 pm

I'll just throw this thought out there for this baby poop of a trade. If this went down, Draymond would be so hurt, he would make it a personal mission to make sure the Clippers destroyed the Warriors every time they played us for as long as he is playing. Like, it would fire and brimestone passion to beat us, that's how enraged he would be to be dealt. A team of Beverley/Shamet/Kawhi/Green/Zubac with Harrell/Lou Will/Morris Snr/Jackson/J Green would be even better than what they are now by adding Draymond.

My eye is now twitching after entering this thread. Need a nap.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Post#46 » by DoItALL9 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:19 pm

Make it Wiggins & #2 for PG-13

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#47 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:49 pm

DoItALL9 wrote:Make it Wiggins & #2 for PG-13

Hell no. Wiggins at 25 is just entering his prime and better than PG at 30 and entering the downside of his career. There, I said it.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by DoItALL9 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:03 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:

Hell no. Wiggins at 25 is just entering his prime and better than PG at 30 and entering the downside of his career. There, I said it.
I'm sorry you feel that way.

LoL

Honestly though, appreciate the response. We obviously feel completely different about the guy

xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#49 » by xdrta+ » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:13 pm

The Warriors would do this, but it takes two to make a deal. No way the Clippers do it.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#50 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:12 pm

The Clippers are NOT trading Paul George. They can’t, it just isn’t gonna happen.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by DoItALL9 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:59 pm

xdrta+ wrote:

The Warriors would do this, but it takes two to make a deal. No way the Clippers do it.
Unless the Clippers feel like the guy above.
Many people are "over" PG-13 right now.
We'll see where Steve Ballmer falls.
Doc unexpectedly didn't make it.

xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#52 » by xdrta+ » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:38 pm

DoItALL9 wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:

Unless the Clippers feel like the guy above.
Many people are "over" PG-13 right now.
We'll see where Steve Ballmer falls.
Doc unexpectedly didn't make it.

Even more people are "over" Wiggins.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,565

Post#53 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:21 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:

Well, it is true. You did say it. Now *why* you said it is another question heh

I don't know how I feel about Paul George, all in all. But if someone got drunk and offered him up for Wiggins and #2, I couldn't say yes fast enough.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#54 » by ShayDee » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:26 am

Hmm. Let's say the clippers are shopping PG for a top 3 pick this year, would you guys do it? Ofcourse that would mean we have to dump Wiggins, because no way the clippers take him. So we have to find a 3rd team with 30mil in cap space to absorb Wiggins which might cost us 2 assets. Like this deal is going to be so much of a hassle.

It's why I have had doubts about Myers for almost 3 years now, his decisions are so baffling, with the draft, FA signings, bench building. I do not trust what he does in this offseason, unless it amounts to landing Giannis without giving up much and our core 3.

But we have to be wary of what he has planned. I vote for sitting with Wiggins and the #2 pick at least until the trade deadline. Right now if we make hasty decisions we will end up like the Clippers, Rockets or the Nets some years ago. With 0 flexibility and a dangerous luxury tax and repeater tax bill right at the end of Stephs prime

Unless PGs value right now is at an all time low, Maybe all we need is the #2 pcik, then for Wiggins all we need to dump him are our 2021 pick and 2 pick swaps

But at the end of the day, a final line up of

PG Steph, ???, Poole
SG Klay, ???, Lee
SF PG13, ???, ???
PF Draymond, Paschall, Smiley
C min C, Looney, Chriss

Might be appealing. But if PG flops like he has been for the past years then I dunno if he is better than Wiggins now. We don't know how Wiggins will be with us, he might be a legit 20ppg dude with good defense and versatility, that is what PG will give us but PG will be entering FA in 21 and he is already 30, and then we give up multiple assets and our future for him
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#55 » by Mylie10 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:17 am

More likely the Clippers will be moving on from Harrell, Lou, and Beverly.

Those three supposedly didn’t care for Kawhi and George getting preferential treatment.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#56 » by ShayDee » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:25 am

Mylie10 wrote:More likely the Clippers will be moving on from Harrell, Lou, and Beverly.

Those three supposedly didn’t care for Kawhi and George getting preferential treatment.

I think they are likely to move from PG13 than anyone else on the Clippers. The reports that he didn't mesh with the team has some validity and I think the clippers want a top 3 pick. The might want Ball/Wiseman(Like Jerry West has eye for talent if Wiseman is on his radar)

They might also try and get Hoford from Philly for a stretch 5 with PGs salary slot
Mambomuziki
Freshman
And1: 19

Post#57 » by Mambomuziki » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:33 am

ShayDee wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:More likely the Clippers will be moving on from Harrell, Lou, and Beverly.

I think they are likely to move from PG13 than anyone else on the Clippers. The reports that he didn't mesh with the team has some validity and I think the clippers want a top 3 pick. The might want Ball/Wiseman(Like Jerry West has eye for talent if Wiseman is on his radar)

They might also try and get Hoford from Philly for a stretch 5 with PGs salary slot
100% ShayDee,
They wouldn't trade with us though as we their competitors. I wonder though if we can trade up to 1 for our 2020 1st and 2021 1st. Just to piss them off.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using RealGM mobile app
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#58 » by Mylie10 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:39 am

They cannot trade Paul George and save face. They mortgaged their future and are not likely to recoup that loss.

They have to bite the bullet and rebuild some of the roster around Kawhi and George.

The other dudes have a problem with both Kawhi and George. So they are the ones to kick rocks. You’ll see.
Khoee wrote “
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#59 » by ShayDee » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:41 am

Mylie10 wrote:They cannot trade Paul George and save face. They mortgaged their future and are not likely to recoup that loss.

They have to bite the bullet and rebuild some of the roster around Kawhi and George.

The other dudes have a problem with both Kawhi and George. So they are the ones to kick rocks. You’ll see.

They will save face by trading an expiring flop of a star for a top 3 pick. Jerry West has eye for talent. He might see the playmaking of ball that will help the clippers or the 2 way star potential of Wiseman to anchor the clippers

Edit: The clipper will not trade with us. We are their competitors and they have to go through us most likely next year, so adding PG to us is a no go
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#60 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:07 pm

Beverly doesn't want to play for the Warriors, he would be interesting to add in a "want to screw over Kawhi and PG?" way.

Return to Golden State Warriors