ImageImageImageImageImage

Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

right between the eyes
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,503

Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#1 » by right between the eyes » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:24 am

Crazy how we were able to not allow this to be a distraction but the Clippers couldn't. That's masai's culture right there.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2913742-report-some-clippers-bristled-at-kawhi-missing-games-being-late-for-flights
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#2 » by jimmy keys » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:27 am

right between the eyes wrote:Crazy how we were able to not allow this to be a distraction but the Clippers couldn't. That's masai's culture right here.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2913742-report-some-clippers-bristled-at-kawhi-missing-games-being-late-for-flights

Yeah Freddy almost ruined it because he had to play one 38 minute game though :lol: . Luckily we had enough vets to check him.
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#3 » by nabbs » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:38 am

At night in the Disney bubble, Lue often was seen holding court, outside at the resort, regaling players from numerous teams (such as Kyle Lowry, the Toronto point guard with whom he’s close, as well as other Raptors) with stories and lessons.

IF Kyle wants to be traded I hope Masai is petty enough not to deal him to the Clips. I don't think I could recover from that

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#4 » by will » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:39 am

Uncle Dennis, where you at?
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,690

Post#5 » by Basketball_Jones » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:44 am

Overblown. Especially since said player was likely Montrez Harrell who is likely bolting.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Los Manos
Head Coach
And1: 1,870

Post#6 » by Los Manos » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:54 am

In fairness wasn't it reported that there were issues in our locker room around January / February 2019 due to Kawhi's special treatment. Definite rumblings that the younger guys started voicing unrest over the disparity of treatment. And it was also reported that Kyle had to be reigned in by management when he started following Kawhi's lead regarding practice habits and general discipline that had begun to deteriorate mid-season.
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,333

Post#7 » by tdotrep2 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:10 am

remember when kawhi was happy with the clippers being tight lipped about free agency and us being tight lipped during the season? :)
RealGM
And1: 66,418

Post#8 » by 720 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:02 am

I don’t find any kind of satisfaction from this. At the end of the day we lost Kawhi, and given how well we played without him it’s a shame that he potentially left a dynasty here in Toronto.

Side note, He lived in San Diego while playing in LA? Lol wtf.
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#9 » by TheBoi10 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:13 am

Love it
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,642

Post#10 » by LoveMyRaps » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:35 am

720 wrote:I don’t find any kind of satisfaction from this. At the end of the day we lost Kawhi, and given how well we played without him it’s a shame that he potentially left a dynasty here in Toronto.

Dude really just wanted to be home. No way we had any real chance of retaining him.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
rocky_da_best
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,847

Post#11 » by rocky_da_best » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:53 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
720 wrote:I don’t find any kind of satisfaction from this. At the end of the day we lost Kawhi, and given how well we played without him it’s a shame that he potentially left a dynasty here in Toronto.

Dude really just wanted to be home. No way we had any real chance of retaining him.

Kind of strange for a grown ass man to want to live in his hometown that badly lol. I've lived most of my life in Toronto but would gladly move somewhere if it meant advancing my career, especially if I only had to live there half the year. So it's strange to me why you wouldn't play on the team that gave you the best chance to win, regardless if it wasn't near San Diego.
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,254

Post#12 » by SurgeIblocka » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:11 am

rocky_da_best wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:

Kind of strange for a grown ass man to want to live in his hometown that badly lol. I've lived most of my life in Toronto but would gladly move somewhere if it meant advancing my career, especially if I only had to live there half the year. So it's strange to me why you wouldn't play on the team that gave you the best chance to win, regardless if it wasn't near San Diego.

Kawhi not only wanted to go home he also didn’t feel his best chance to win was in Toronto. He didn’t value his teammates and wanted Siakam traded for PG.

I guess he was right on Siakam but he was very wrong on PG. Im sure hell get the Clips to trade PG and get another star or hell go to the Lakers
random_hero891
Rookie
And1: 810

Post#13 » by random_hero891 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:28 am

rocky_da_best wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:

you have to leave home to miss home, and the past shines brighter
Skeezo
Analyst
And1: 2,737

Post#14 » by Skeezo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:29 am

I think we got lucky and our guys did a great job holding it all together for that one-year magical run. Raps were excellent at keeping it in-house but no doubt, there were reports that not everyone was happy with Leonard's treatment. Makes you wonder how disproportionate the favouritism actually was?
Klayforspicy
Head Coach
And1: 7,248

Post#15 » by Klayforspicy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:43 am

He cant leave the Clippers, he left to “go home”,
he cant go the Lakers without looking like a clown either. Hes not even respected by Laker fans after going to the Clippers

The sports culture is very different in LA, if you don’t prove yourself there all your other accomplishments dont count to them.
rapluva
Analyst
And1: 931

Post#16 » by rapluva » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:03 pm

I think it was one of our two way players that said something along the lines that we better get used to it that Kawhi will not be available for a lot of these games.. Anywho whatever.. I think he was healthier to play this last season.. not sure about his load management with the Clippers..
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,438

Post#17 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:32 pm

Los Manos wrote:In fairness wasn't it reported that there were issues in our locker room around January / February 2019 due to Kawhi's special treatment. Definite rumblings that the younger guys started voicing unrest over the disparity of treatment. And it was also reported that Kyle had to be reigned in by management when he started following Kawhi's lead regarding practice habits and general discipline that had begun to deteriorate mid-season.

Don't remember that. Do you remember who might have reported it or where? Couldn't find anything with a quick google.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,438

Post#18 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:33 pm

rocky_da_best wrote:Kind of strange for a grown ass man to want to live in his hometown that badly lol. I've lived most of my life in Toronto but would gladly move somewhere if it meant advancing my career, especially if I only had to live there half the year. So it's strange to me why you wouldn't play on the team that gave you the best chance to win, regardless if it wasn't near San Diego.

It's actually very normal, especially as people get older.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
maternal85
Starter
And1: 1,728

Post#19 » by maternal85 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:19 pm

Lmao dynasty. We had 1 more run at best. Either way, the more issues that are coming out with the Clippers, the more I realize how special Ujiri, our front office, and vets are. Last year could have been a S-hole for real.
Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,906

Post#20 » by Anticon » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:50 pm

There was this weird aura over the team when Kawhi was here that followed him to LA. One of the things I don't miss about him.

Return to Toronto Raptors