ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 685

Re: Trades and Transactions thread - To the offseason! 

Post#2001 » by -YogiBiz- » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:45 am

WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:
-YogiBiz- wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
If I had to pick a guy (that might become available) to bring here via pushing all our chips in, it’s probably Harden. He should age well, he’s a brilliant passer and we desperately need a lead guard.

My assumption would be that Thibodeau wouldn’t let him get away with doing nothing other than dribbling for 20 seconds and getting buckets. My hope would be that we would play him more off the ball so he wouldn’t have to work so hard to get his points.

Anyway, will never happen

What would that deal even look like? Only makes sense to push all our chips into Harden if AD says he'll leave LA to play with Harden in NY?

Yup. Throw everything at the Rockets and the NY FO should tamper all they can.. talk directly to Harden.. He'll love it. Just like dakomish said. He's the one guy who'd take on being in NY and love it.

And it's not just AD. It's LeBron you need along with him as the playmaker to facilitate and make life easier for AD and Harden. AD gets a long term deal. LeBron something smaller and trust me.. if anyone else (other than the Lakers) has a chance to entice him it's you guys. From a legacy standpoint, it's a ring with NY that will rally split the basketball world in half on who's the GOAT. Helps if you guys get Bronny :wink:

Another poster talked about AD resigning with the Lakers. True. But it's supposed to be a 1+1 or 2+1 or 3+1. The NY FO and agents have to act NOW for getting all three after 2 seasons. Talk to all three so that the deals are structured and the foundation is laid for something like that. That's what organizations with foresight would do..

Like Pat talking to Giannis now? lol
WHITE_HOT_HEAT
Sixth Man
And1: 2,209

Post#2002 » by WHITE_HOT_HEAT » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:47 am

-YogiBiz- wrote:
WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:
-YogiBiz- wrote:
What would that deal even look like? Only makes sense to push all our chips into Harden if AD says he'll leave LA to play with Harden in NY?

Yup. Throw everything at the Rockets and the NY FO should tamper all they can.. talk directly to Harden.. He'll love it. Just like dakomish said. He's the one guy who'd take on being in NY and love it.

And it's not just AD. It's LeBron you need along with him as the playmaker to facilitate and make life easier for AD and Harden. AD gets a long term deal. LeBron something smaller and trust me.. if anyone else (other than the Lakers) has a chance to entice him it's you guys. From a legacy standpoint, it's a ring with NY that will rally split the basketball world in half on who's the GOAT. Helps if you guys get Bronny :wink:

Another poster talked about AD resigning with the Lakers. True. But it's supposed to be a 1+1 or 2+1 or 3+1. The NY FO and agents have to act NOW for getting all three after 2 seasons. Talk to all three so that the deals are structured and the foundation is laid for something like that. That's what organizations with foresight would do..

Yup :lol:
Everyone does it.. and NY looks like it's been clear of toxicity for a few years now. Dolan is hands off. New faces all around.
"And a Man?... A Man provides... And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it.... Because he's a Man...."
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 10,972

Post#2003 » by Reign23 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:59 pm

isn't tomorrow the deadline for the player options ? Payton, Gibson and so on.
formerly known as knickst4pe
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,074

Post#2004 » by Juco24 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:13 pm

From Hawksguy whom I tend to believe but take it as face value...
* Knicks are active on the trade market and FA market.
* want to build a competitive team while NOT trading future assets.
* Open to flipping everyone xcept Mitch or R.J.
* Have a soft spot for Frank (Thibs).
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#2005 » by WargamesX » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:40 pm

Reign23 wrote:isn't tomorrow the deadline for the player options ? Payton, Gibson and so on.

Is it?
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 10,972

Post#2006 » by Reign23 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:07 pm

WargamesX wrote:
Reign23 wrote:isn't tomorrow the deadline for the player options ? Payton, Gibson and so on.

Is it?

yes, according to hoopshype and basketballinsiders
formerly known as knickst4pe
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,606

Post#2007 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:16 pm

-YogiBiz- wrote:
Read on Twitter

Eww

Eh...not the worst of the alternatives
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,355

Post#2008 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:59 am

Juco24 wrote:From Hawksguy whom I tend to believe but take it as face value...
* Knicks are active on the trade market and FA market.
* want to build a competitive team while NOT trading future assets.
* Open to flipping everyone except Mitch or R.J.
* Have a soft spot for Frank (Thibs).

I believe all of that. Even 4 maybe - because Thibs & D. Even tho' point 2 is completely **** stupid. But, that's what go for insta-glory/we own the league in 2005 FO will do for you.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,018

Post#2009 » by moocow007 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:10 am

RHODEY wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

This gotta be fake news right

I would be surprised if anyone really knew what the Knicks are thinking. Leon Rose has been about tight lipped as you can possibly be. My guess is that the Knicks would entertain this really more of as a salary move. I can't see them sending back significant assets (i.e. 8th pick, Barrett, Robinson, etc.) to acquire either guy.

Interest in either guy does make sense IF the goal is to win games. Both these guys, by themselves, can get you wins. CP3 we've talked about but even with folks less receptive about Westbrook, the reality is that outside of guys like Lebron and Harden, the one guy that has shown he can take a bunch of miss-fit role players and win 50+ games consistently it's Westbrook.

Right that was prime Westbrook, current Westbrook is on his way to becoming a misfit himself.
Current Westbrook just came off a season where he averaged more points and shot more efficiently than he has since his MVP season. I get that he didn't look good during the playoffs and that he couldn't help the Rockets advance (FYI...Harden didn't either) so I think folks that are saying he's done because of it are getting carried away a bit.

Now it doesn't mean that the Knicks should trade for Westbrook but it's not as doom and gloom as folks think.

To the whole Westbrook is toast...would he be much more palatable if he was making $25 million instead? Yeah right? But then why would you want to pay even $1 for a guy thats toast? Probably because he's not near as done as the media is making it out to be in their never ending desire to drum up clicks. Again, no question the contract is bad, its brutal but the player himself would still be an All Star nominee in the east and a top 15 NBA player.

Again I'm saying I understand why Rose would be interested and that IF they are going to go heavy for an established guy that will just cost cap space then he should be looked at. Whether they should do it? Not sure. Depends on what else the Knicks would be able to get for taking his contract.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2010 » by moocow007 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:14 am

Richard4444 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I would be surprised if anyone really knew what the Knicks are thinking. Leon Rose has been about tight lipped as you can possibly be. My guess is that the Knicks would entertain this really more of as a salary move. I can't see them sending back significant assets (i.e. 8th pick, Barrett, Robinson, etc.) to acquire either guy.

Interest in either guy does make sense IF the goal is to win games. Both these guys, by themselves, can get you wins. CP3 we've talked about but even with folks less receptive about Westbrook, the reality is that outside of guys like Lebron and Harden, the one guy that has shown he can take a bunch of miss-fit role players and win 50+ games consistently it's Westbrook.

WB is an awful fit to RJ, Mitch, Frank, Randle and DSJr team. We would have to build an entire new core to WB really fit. And his contract is really bad. We need assets to take him.

Richard4444 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

WB is an awful fit to RJ, Mitch, Frank, Randle and DSJr team. We would have to build an entire new core to WB really fit. And his contract is really bad. We need assets to take him.

The only guy if that group that would be guaranteed to still be around is Barrett. Randle most definitely would be heading to Houston (or at least out if town to possibly a 3rd team). Folks have been wanting DSJr burnt at the stake (including you?) so not sure why he's being included now as if he's a cornerstone guy. Frank actually would be an excellent fit with Westbrook as it takes the pressure off of him to have to create and score. And for Frank to want to continue to have an NBA career he'll have to figure out how to shoot at which point it'll make him an even better fit next to Westbrook.

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2011 » by moocow007 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:16 am

Juco24 wrote:Saw from the Hawksguy that Toronto has offered Siakam to Atlanta in hopes of shedding salary in order to make an offer to Giannis
Why would they do that and risk Giannis doing the logical thing and signing with the Heat when, instead, they can hold onto Siakam until they are sure that Giannis actually would sign with Toronto? Better yet why wouldn't the Raptors not want to keep Siakam and pair him with Giannis?

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2012 » by moocow007 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:19 am

-YogiBiz- wrote:Eww, someone said FVV is going to likely get 25~30 Mil/Season.

Do not want at that price tag.
Yeah no thanks. Yikes. Its one thing to committ big chunks of money and cap to top tier elite players, its another to give it to a guy thats only had one superior albeit it inefficient season as a non starting PG.

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2013 » by moocow007 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:19 am

WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:First time in an NY board thread. A knick fan posted this on the GB -
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1939041
"Prediction: Harden will be a New York Knick next season"

Although there will be plenty of naysayers, I think it's pretty good one... Harden is a player who isn't afraid of the spotlight and would ball out on NY. Not just that. Getting him could help NY entice maybe Bron and AD in 2022/23 to NY. The chance for Bron to have something that would put him over Jordan would be very tempting. I'm sure a few FO and other Knicks org guys lurk here.. maybe kick it up to see how the palm would unfold...

Would be crazy good for NY. No harm in aiming for the stars.
Harden would bea better option than Westbrook thats for sure.

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2014 » by moocow007 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:21 am

newyorker4ever wrote:
WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:First time in an NY board thread. A knick fan posted this on the GB -
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1939041
"Prediction: Harden will be a New York Knick next season"

Although there will be plenty of naysayers, but I think it's pretty good one... Harden is a player who isn't be afraid of the spotlight and would ball out on NY. Not just that. Getting him could help NY entice maybe Bron and AD in 2022/23 to NY. The chance for Bron to have something that would put him over Jordan would be very tempting. I'm sure a few FO and other Knicks org guys lurk here.. maybe kick it up to see how the palm would unfold...

Would be crazy good for NY. No harm in aiming for the stars.

A.Davis already said he's opting out of his last year option next year and re-signing with the Lakers.
The talk is hes going to sign short term deals with opt outs so he doesn't have to stay under contract once Lebron calls it a career. So yeah I wouldn't plan for AD for at least a few more years.

B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager

Post#2015 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:21 am

Westbroke to the Knicks? Oh my. I mean, I'm against CP3, but .. meh .. if you squint with sufficient power you can deform your eyes to believe in that .. because I've tried and it works. Westbroke?

The Knicks can't have patience because they can't find a FO who can sell a 5-year plan to the ownership. So they are in a downward spiral of short term fiascos.

The only exit is to plot to be competitive in 2025. Not a day less, not day more. Happens sooner - great. Happens in 2027 - fine too.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2016 » by moocow007 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:23 am

-YogiBiz- wrote:
Read on Twitter

Eww
For a few million its fine. Rondo is great with young players and he'll cost about 1/10th what CP3 will cost. He also wouldn't take significant playing time away from any young PG the Knicks potentially will draft and want to force feed. Rondo actually would be perfect in that role.

knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#2017 » by knickstape4ever » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:24 am

I'd pass on FVV b/c like Randle, coming here, he'd be forced to be a #1 option, which isn't really ideal
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2018 » by moocow007 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:24 am

-YogiBiz- wrote:
WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:
-YogiBiz- wrote:

Oh I'm sure that has already happened lol.

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2019 » by moocow007 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:27 am

knickstape4ever wrote:I'd pass on FVV b/c like Randle, coming here, he'd be forced to be a #1 option, which isn't really ideal
Yep agreed.

B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager

Post#2020 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:30 am

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:Westbroke to the Knicks? Oh my. I mean, I'm against CP3, but .. meh .. if you squint with sufficient power you can deform your eyes to believe in that .. because I've tried and it works. Westbroke?

The Knicks can't have patience because they can't find a FO who can sell a 5-year plan to the ownership. So they are in a downward spiral of short term fiascos.

The only exit is to plot to be competitive in 2025. Not a day less, not day more. Happens sooner - great. Happens in 2027 - fine too.

Aight. My man JEllis on KnicksFanTV right now with exactly the same take re Westbroke. Sanity checked. :wink:

Return to New York Knicks