ImageImageImageImageImage

Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,256

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#21 » by Shaazzam » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:53 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:Kind of strange for a grown ass man to want to live in his hometown that badly lol. I've lived most of my life in Toronto but would gladly move somewhere if it meant advancing my career, especially if I only had to live there half the year. So it's strange to me why you wouldn't play on the team that gave you the best chance to win, regardless if it wasn't near San Diego.

It's actually very normal, especially as people get older.

and not to kick down the misogyny door, but he does have a partner from the same area
so if both people want to be "home" that can easily become the primary requirement, especially with young children
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
garbagnani
Starter
And1: 194

Re: Report: Some Clippers 'Bristled' at Kawhi Missing Games, Being Late for Flights 

Post#22 » by garbagnani » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:04 pm

SurgeIblocka wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Dude really just wanted to be home. No way we had any real chance of retaining him.

Kind of strange for a grown ass man to want to live in his hometown that badly lol. I've lived most of my life in Toronto but would gladly move somewhere if it meant advancing my career, especially if I only had to live there half the year. So it's strange to me why you wouldn't play on the team that gave you the best chance to win, regardless if it wasn't near San Diego.

Kawhi not only wanted to go home he also didn’t feel his best chance to win was in Toronto. He didn’t value his teammates and wanted Siakam traded for PG.

I guess he was right on Siakam but he was very wrong on PG. Im sure hell get the Clips to trade PG and get another star or hell go to the Lakers

Right on siakam? How? He won a championship with siakam
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#23 » by Kingsway_fan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:12 pm

rocky_da_best wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
720 wrote:I don’t find any kind of satisfaction from this. At the end of the day we lost Kawhi, and given how well we played without him it’s a shame that he potentially left a dynasty here in Toronto.

Side note, He lived in San Diego while playing in LA? Lol wtf.

Dude really just wanted to be home. No way we had any real chance of retaining him.

Kind of strange for a grown ass man to want to live in his hometown that badly lol. I've lived most of my life in Toronto but would gladly move somewhere if it meant advancing my career, especially if I only had to live there half the year. So it's strange to me why you wouldn't play on the team that gave you the best chance to win, regardless if it wasn't near San Diego.

Yeah.. so much better to play in a place where it is ice age cold and snowy for 5 months of the year when you can enjoy sun and 24c year round... (eyes rolling)...
FreshyFlames
Rookie
And1: 1,044

Post#24 » by FreshyFlames » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:41 pm

garbagnani wrote:
SurgeIblocka wrote:
rocky_da_best wrote:

Kawhi not only wanted to go home he also didn’t feel his best chance to win was in Toronto. He didn’t value his teammates and wanted Siakam traded for PG.

I guess he was right on Siakam but he was very wrong on PG. Im sure hell get the Clips to trade PG and get another star or hell go to the Lakers

Right on siakam? How? He won a championship with siakam

He forgot how 1st and 2nd options work.
Raps in 6ix
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#25 » by MixxSRC » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:46 pm

rocky_da_best wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
720 wrote:I don’t find any kind of satisfaction from this. At the end of the day we lost Kawhi, and given how well we played without him it’s a shame that he potentially left a dynasty here in Toronto.

Side note, He lived in San Diego while playing in LA? Lol wtf.

that's because we live in Toronto we feel that way
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Post#26 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:03 pm

The Clippers are such a bush league organization.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,108

Post#27 » by Chandan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:14 pm

surprised Daddy Balmer didn't just buy him a personal jet.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,891

Post#28 » by ItsDanger » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:21 pm

Its interesting that for such a low key, quiet guy like Kawhi, he seems to be a lightning rod for drama. I suggest it might be the people around him.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
wtcantfw
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,578

Post#29 » by wtcantfw » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:32 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Its interesting that for such a low key, quiet guy like Kawhi, he seems to be a lightning rod for drama. I suggest it might be the people around him.

He's a grown ass man. Even if Uncle Dennis is pushing for certain things, Kawhi is the one with the power, so the drama is definitely on him.
vincecarter55
Rookie
And1: 1,844

Post#30 » by vincecarter55 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:34 pm

jimmy keys wrote:
right between the eyes wrote:Crazy how we were able to not allow this to be a distraction but the Clippers couldn't. That's masai's culture right here.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2913742-report-some-clippers-bristled-at-kawhi-missing-games-being-late-for-flights

Yeah Freddy almost ruined it because he had to play one 38 minute game though :lol: . Luckily we had enough vets to check him.

Can someone explain the Fred/Kawhi beef? I haven't heard anything about this but all of a sudden I'm seeing mention of this sprinkled into different threads. I guess I'm out of the loop.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,891

Post#31 » by ItsDanger » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:54 pm

How come his personal coach Jeremy Castleberry is never mentioned? If I was a player, that would annoy me more than this other stuff.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
wtcantfw
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,578

Post#32 » by wtcantfw » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:56 pm

vincecarter55 wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:
right between the eyes wrote:Crazy how we were able to not allow this to be a distraction but the Clippers couldn't. That's masai's culture right here.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2913742-report-some-clippers-bristled-at-kawhi-missing-games-being-late-for-flights

Yeah Freddy almost ruined it because he had to play one 38 minute game though :lol: . Luckily we had enough vets to check him.

Can someone explain the Fred/Kawhi beef? I haven't heard anything about this but all of a sudden I'm seeing mention of this sprinkled into different threads. I guess I'm out of the loop.

It was reported that some players were not happy with Kawhi's preferential treatment last year, maybe around January. Rumors were it was Freddy who was most vocal. Kawhi and Kyle even alluded to it during their ESPN interview right after we won.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#33 » by Danny1616 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:57 pm

Remember when Lowry and Kawhi did their ESPN interview after we won and Kawhi said one thing he appreciated was that nothing internally got leaked to the media.

This should be interesting.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#34 » by Danny1616 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:58 pm

wtcantfw wrote:
vincecarter55 wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:

It was reported that some players were not happy with Kawhi's preferential treatment last year, maybe around January. Rumors were it was Freddy who was most vocal. Kawhi and Kyle even alluded to it during their ESPN interview right after we won.

Yep, but it never went public. Our team did a fantastic job of keeping issues internal.
Natural11
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#35 » by Natural11 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:25 pm

Is that really a shock though? The guy is pampered to the extreme with load management, limited minutes and probably a whole bunch of other **** behind the scenes. Of course it's going to rub some guys the wrong way, especially if they are fringe players who have to bust their ass to try and stay in the league or secure one good contract to set them up.

The Raptors do a good job of keeping their secrets, but you can bet some players had similar feelings, whether they voiced them or not. It's human nature.
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,003

Post#36 » by kalel123 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:35 pm

To me, this says more about the rest of Clippers roster and ours than it does about Kawhi.

Clippers roster had been so overrated by the media but when the pressure was on, they showed their true colours.

Raptors players were able to focus on the right things to come out on top.
rrdjutriurt
Sixth Man
And1: 764

Post#37 » by rrdjutriurt » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:05 pm

It's starting to become apparent that Kawhi is becoming somewhat of a Diva who expects special treatment. That will always rub teammates the wrong way and you need a really tough coach to rein that in. Don't see it getting any better when he pretty much lives at home during the regular season and with all the inherent distractions that comes with that.

Kawhi's a hell of a talent, but he's also lucky he has always had really talented teams to play with also. With the huge playoff failure they had this year the heat is really going to be on that dressing room all of next season which could lead to even more problems.
NBA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - BLAKE GRIFFIN
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,075

Post#38 » by Westside Gunn » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:11 pm

I think the Toronto treatment definitely spoiled him and his leeches that were around him. He did earn it, but NBA teams should really tell family members to stay the **** away from clubs.
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
vincecarter55
Rookie
And1: 1,844

Post#39 » by vincecarter55 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:14 pm

wtcantfw wrote:
vincecarter55 wrote:
jimmy keys wrote:

I remember Kawhi and Kyle alluding to there being some issues in the locker room but I never saw it reported anywhere that Freddy was the most vocal. Never would have thought Freddy of all people would be one to speak up about that.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#40 » by jimmy keys » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:16 pm

vincecarter55 wrote:
wtcantfw wrote:
vincecarter55 wrote:

I remember Kawhi and Kyle alluding to there being some issues in the locker room but I never saw it reported anywhere that Freddy was the most vocal. Never would have thought Freddy of all people would be one to speak up about that.

Fred has a huge ego bud. You're just figuring this out?

Return to Toronto Raptors