ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise (Season 4) Draft edition. The Celtics have been SKIPPED. Houston is on the clock until 12AM

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,601

Build a Franchise (Season 4) Draft edition. The Celtics have been SKIPPED. Houston is on the clock until 12AM 

Post#1 » by bishnykfan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:09 pm

Previous thread- https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1997010

College Draft (October 17-21)

Rules/reminders

Welcome to the 2020 BaF amateur draft!

The draft will officially begin tomorrow morning at 6AM. As of now the Detroit Pistons have the first overall pick. Complete draft order can be found, with time slots, in the last post of our stickied BaF thread.

Each team will have two hours to make their first round selection and one hour to make their second round choice. All picks must be PM’d to me. Nothing is official until it is posted in the main BaF thread.

The time that you are on the clock is your time. Feel free to take the entire time or you can send in your pick immediately.

There will be times over the course of the week that I will not be able to immediately post a draft pick. If time has expired on a pick and your team is now on the clock, you can either wait, or send in your pick. However, in that instance, I suggest sending in your top two choices just in case the person in front of you selected your guy. As long as your PM is timestamped in the correct window, your pick will eventually get posted. But again nothing is official until it is posted by me in the main thread.

If you can not be online to make your pick during your draft window, feel free to PM me a list with your choices taking into account that one or more maybe taken before you are up depending on how many picks out you are.

If a GM misses their pick, a “SKIPPED” will go into the draft thread and the next team can make their selection as they will now be on the clock. Just remember that the salary goes with the draft slot. So if you move up because of a skipped pick, the salary you will pay the player also will be higher.

Once a team has been skipped and three teams below them have moved up, they will be assigned the highest rated remaining player on the nbadraft.net 2020 mock.

If you have any questions, PM me. I will be home later tonight to answer all PM’s and process any trades that may be waiting in my inbox.

Good luck to all teams!!

The Detroit Pistons are now on the clock...
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,261

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 4) Draft addition- The Detroit Pistons are on the clock until 8AM 

Post#2 » by DOT » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:13 pm

Hard to believe blank hasn't been drafted yet
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,286

Re: Build a Franchise (Season 4) Draft addition- The Detroit Pistons are on the clock until 8AM 

Post#3 » by Context » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:17 pm

K-DOT wrote:Hard to believe blank hasn't been drafted yet

whoever you think the 2020 Bol Bol is thats blank :lol:
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#4 » by HEZI » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:17 pm

Detroit hasn't partied like this since Greenie and Klay were getting cold in the D
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,965

Post#5 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:19 pm

Context wrote:MP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
I'll say this much...all my youngins are going to get the chance to move up another level- we'll see what
they're made of and how much opportunity their situations creative for them...

Again, it's not a knock. You're just a few years behind some of the teams in the East. Even if you draft blank or blank, along with Herro you still need that franchise stud. Love me some Herro but he was allowed to flash and disappear on the Heat. Some nights it was him, some nights it was Robinson, some nights it was Dragic. You won't have a Butler or Bam to help take off the pressure of Herro, he's definitely one player I'm watching in BAF next year. Definitely getting the pieces in place though, I know you'll get there soon enough.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,385

Post#6 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:19 pm

Context wrote:
K-DOT wrote:Hard to believe blank hasn't been drafted yet

whoever you think the 2020 Bol Bol is thats blank :lol:

Pistons officially on the clock. Make your pick! Let’s get this draft started :D
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#7 » by bringbackhoffa » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:19 pm

"Feel free to take the entire time"
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,579

Post#8 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:21 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:"Feel free to take the entire time"

I hope your internet goes down at 9:59 :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#9 » by bringbackhoffa » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:23 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

wouldnt mind no clear cut selection for me, get a cheaper salary slot and mess you up lol

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,385

Post#10 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:24 pm

No name dropping guys
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#11 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:24 pm

Once a team has been skipped and three teams below them have moved up, they will be assigned the highest rated remaining player on the nbadraft.net 2020 mock.

if that isn't the biggest threat of all time I don't know what is :lol:

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#12 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:25 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

wouldnt mind no clear cut selection for me, get a cheaper salary slot and mess you up lol

actually doesn't work that way buddy :lol:

u still pay the higher price

ROSTER

bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#13 » by bringbackhoffa » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:26 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

actually doesn't work that way buddy :lol:

u still pay the higher price

damn it

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,262

Post#14 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:28 pm

No first round picks but still hype to see what happens.

Taking calls on All-NBA sim player Jrue Holiday as well
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Context
RealGM
And1: 12,286

Post#15 » by Context » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:29 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:
I'll say this much...all my youngins are going to get the chance to move up another level- we'll see what

Again, it's not a knock. You're just a few years behind some of the teams in the East. Even if you draft blank or blank, along with Herro you still need that franchise stud. Love me some Herro but he was allowed to flash and disappear on the Heat. Some nights it was him, some nights it was Robinson, some nights it was Dragic. You won't have a Butler or Bam to help take off the pressure of Herro, he's definitely one player I'm watching in BAF next year. Definitely getting the pieces in place though, I know you'll get there soon enough.

in this game i drafted Giannis (2012) i proclaimed that he was going to be a franchise player- not many believed it...I'll be nice and not even post the comments - because i have them bookmarked :lol:
Blank will be a franchise player- and his situation will determine how long it takes...

Mocks are great, what type of talent you display at the moment is great too but theres more to it...While you push that side of the Herro argument- I push the one that says- if Herro has more opportunity - he would show more...
LaMelo/Green
Barnes/Jaden
Herbert/Kyle
Jackson/Portis
Lopez/Duren
Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#16 » by Smash3 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:32 pm

G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#17 » by bringbackhoffa » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:33 pm

Context wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:

in this game i drafted Giannis (2012) i proclaimed that he was going to be a franchise player- not many believed it...I'll be nice and not even post the comments - because i have them bookmarked :lol:
Blank will be a franchise player- and his situation will determine how long it takes...

Mocks are great, what type of talent you display at the moment is great too but theres more to it...While you push that side of the Herro argument- I push the one that says- if Herro has more opportunity - he would show more...

doesnt matter how talented the player we select in BAF if they get selected by Sacramento or NY in real life they will be busts

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

Smash3
RealGM
And1: 9,931

Post#18 » by Smash3 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:34 pm

I had the number one pick in the 2018 BAF draft, I had the rights to the number one pick in the 2020 BAF draft and I'm calling it here.... I'll have the number one pick in the 2021 BAF draft.

G: James Harden | Kris Dunn
G: Zach LaVine | Reggie Jackson
F: Josh Richardson | Nassir Little
F: Paul George | Otto Porter
C: Jakob Poeltl | Bismack Biyombo
bishnykfan
Knicks Forum Game Commish
And1: 13,601

Post#19 » by bishnykfan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:35 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:No name dropping guys

Yes. Didn’t mention it in my above post but as of now, no one eligible for the draft can be mentioned in this thread until they have been picked.

Also, the salary goes with the slot not the team. If you are supposed to pick 10th but move up and select 9th due to a team getting skipped you pay the salary for the 9th pick. Players get paid based on where they are picked in the draft.
All-Time Draft

PG- Oscar Robertson/Bob Cousy
SG- Earl Monroe/James Harden/Dana Barros
SF- Billy Cunningham/Michael Finley/Chet Walker
PF- Elvin Hayes/Dolph Schayes/Tom Chambers/Danny Manning
C- Walt Bellamy/Neil Johnston/Darryl Dawkins
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#20 » by mpharris36 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:36 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

if that isn't the biggest threat of all time I don't know what is :lol:

not even giving us a good mock...

ROSTER

Return to New York Knicks