ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Draft Thread, Part 2

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#741 » by ShayDee » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:03 pm

Because as I've said multiple times, I believe Wiseman is the BPA that just happens to be our need. He has risen to top 2 in this draft in many peoples eyes, and the warriors would be extremely foolish to pass him up. Top 2 in this draft is Ball and Wiseman. Potential and floor is just too much to pass up.

But I believe if we don't trade the pick out/down the team will do a Bagley/Luka and when Wiseman is an up and coming force fans as well as ownership might get furious at the FO when we had the damn chance. Also if whatever moves we do do not end in a championship next year which involves moving from the 2 and possibly future assets then Bob needs to be gone

Wiseman will also have the highest trade value the next 3 years. After 3 years maybe someone else from this draft develops to become better than him but I won't bank on it
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#742 » by Mylie10 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:29 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Agents and executives around the league consider Memphis big James Wiseman the most likely selection if the Warriors keep this pick.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Post#743 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:51 pm

KJStark23 wrote:

That thumbnail picture of Vassell's shooting form reminds me of Reggie Miller. Hmm..
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#744 » by jason bourne » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:09 pm

HiRez wrote:
Little Digger wrote:LaMelo’s talked with 2 teams ..The knickerbockers and warriors

So the Warriors can pick him and trade him to the Knicks, perfect. I'm on the fence about Mitchell Robinson but we'd get a good player with the #8. Would love to get NYK 2021 FRP along with the #8.

You know, I thought LaMelo as trade bait would be the best thing for the Warriors, but it would depend on if Knicks give up the #8.

MRob, with 7' 4" ws, isn't someone who can shoot the 3 and is a worse FT shooter than James Wiseman. MRob doesn't exactly clog the paint either, but he and Draymond would figure something out.

Yet, the following will get a deal done:
Devin Vassell + MRob = Yes
Haliburton + MRob = Yes
KHayes + MRob = Yes
Obi Toppin + MRob = Yes
Isaac Okoro + MRob = Yes
Patrick Williams + MRob = Yes
Cole Anthony + MRob = ?
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Post#745 » by whatisacenter » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:41 pm

some food for thought when it comes to drafting Deni
https://deanondraft.com/2020/09/28/how-good-is-deni-avdija/

It seems unrealistic to project his upside to be better than Omri Casspi, Boris Diaw, or Dario Saric types, and there is significant risk that he flops completely like Mario Hezonja or Dragan Bender. Even in a weak draft, it does not seem defensible to choose this player in the top 10.

Ultimately this is the type of prospect that NBA teams have overrated in the past, and there is no clear reason to believe they are currently rating Deni accurately. He is reasonable in the mid-late first on the possibility he becomes a useful high IQ role player in the coveted 3 + D wing mold, but the raw talent just isn’t there for him to justify the high lottery hype.

Don't know who this guy is that is writing this evaluation but he makes some strong points...
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#746 » by superunknown » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:01 pm

whatisacenter wrote:some food for thought when it comes to drafting Deni

It seems unrealistic to project his upside to be better than Omri Casspi, Boris Diaw, or Dario Saric types, and there is significant risk that he flops completely like Mario Hezonja or Dragan Bender. Even in a weak draft, it does not seem defensible to choose this player in the top 10.

Ultimately this is the type of prospect that NBA teams have overrated in the past, and there is no clear reason to believe they are currently rating Deni accurately. He is reasonable in the mid-late first on the possibility he becomes a useful high IQ role player in the coveted 3 + D wing mold, but the raw talent just isn’t there for him to justify the high lottery hype.

Don't know who this guy is that is writing this evaluation but he makes some strong points...

finally!
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#747 » by jason bourne » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:15 pm

Wow.

Besides the PER comparisons, who you bypass to get Avdija are eye openers.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#748 » by Warriors Analyst » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:30 pm

The statistical analysis relying mostly on PER doesn't really say much. It shows that Deni didn't rack up counting stats, but the players he's getting compared against aren't really great comparisons as players. Later on in the article he brings up Saddiq Bey, who is a prospect the Warriors are said to like, and says that Bey has a better chance of being a Diaw-like prospect. What??? There's really no similarity whatsoever between Bey, a 3/4 shooter and defender with limited ball-handling and passing ability and Diaw, who was a 4/5 guy who could moonlight as a point forward. A lot of the comparisons here just don't make sense and the numbers are presented with little context.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#749 » by HiRez » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:52 pm

ShayDee wrote:Because as I've said multiple times, I believe Wiseman is the BPA that just happens to be our need. He has risen to top 2 in this draft in many peoples eyes, and the warriors would be extremely foolish to pass him up. Top 2 in this draft is Ball and Wiseman. Potential and floor is just too much to pass up.

Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#750 » by Little Digger » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:28 pm

Draft a dog
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#751 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:36 pm

I would love MRob + 8 and 27 for the 2 pick and filler

LESGO Bobby Boy!
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#752 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:10 pm

Off Deni and on the Toppin wagon lol....

But in the end I have complete faith that Boy and company know what they are judging.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#753 » by wco81 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:15 pm

Was Lamelo known as this prolific passer before he went to Australia?

I thought the big deal about him in high school was the he scored 100 once and did a lot of cherry-picking and shooting very long 3s.

Seems like this attempt to make him some idiot savant PG who is the second coming of Kidd is only in the last year or so, after his Aussie season.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#754 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:07 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:

The statistical analysis relying mostly on PER doesn't really say much. It shows that Deni didn't rack up counting stats, but the players he's getting compared against aren't really great comparisons as players. Later on in the article he brings up Saddiq Bey, who is a prospect the Warriors are said to like, and says that Bey has a better chance of being a Diaw-like prospect. What??? There's really no similarity whatsoever between Bey, a 3/4 shooter and defender with limited ball-handling and passing ability and Diaw, who was a 4/5 guy who could moonlight as a point forward. A lot of the comparisons here just don't make sense and the numbers are presented with little context.

Yeah, I was going to say his description of Bey is terrible. He says he has better handles than Deni, wut? Bey has zero handle and Deni's handle is one of his assets.

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#755 » by Coxy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:32 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:I would love MRob + 8 and 27 for the 2 pick and filler

LESGO Bobby Boy!

Mitchvale McGRobinson sucks balls Mac.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#756 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:01 pm

Coxy wrote:

LESGO Bobby Boy!

you guys are going to have to accept that we're not drafting Wiseman and MRob has the same measurables as Wiseman

so basically we can get Wiseman-lite, still get to draft a top player at 8, and get my guy Bob Woodard at 27 :P

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#757 » by Coxy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:32 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Coxy wrote:

LESGO Bobby Boy!

you guys are going to have to accept that we're not drafting Wiseman and MRob has the same measurables as Wiseman

so basically we can get Wiseman-lite, still get to draft a top player at 8, and get my guy Bob Woodard at 27 :P

Nah.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#758 » by Mylie10 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:08 am

The more I hear teams like San Antonio, and the Celtics would like to move up for Wiseman, it just helps reaffirm what I’ve always thought.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#759 » by Little Digger » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:13 am

Minnesota’s front office is such a train wreck , I’m thinking if they keep the pick they’ll draft Edwards

That essentially hands the Warriors the #1 pick in the draft.
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#760 » by ChuckDurn » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:44 am

Little Digger wrote:Minnesota’s front office is such a train wreck , I’m thinking if they keep the pick they’ll draft Edwards

That essentially hands the Warriors the #1 pick in the draft.

Minnesota turned over their front office within the past year, and I suspect that they felt extremely pressured to appease Towns by getting Russell, allowing us to get great value in that deal. But I think that was an exceptional situation, and I expect they’re going to not be constrained to make such a compromise In the draft. I’m pretty sure they’re either going to draft Ball for their own use, or trade the pick to someone who will, because they realize he’s the asset that lots of teams desire.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?

Return to Golden State Warriors