ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - OFF SEASON EDITION 

Post#1721 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:30 pm

All the Bogdan talk has me wanting to do a temperature check on Caris Levert. What is the highest you'd go for him, if at all?

Bled/DDV/24 for LeVert/19?
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1722 » by LuessiT » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:35 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:All the Bogdan talk has me wanting to do a temperature check on Caris Levert. What is the highest you'd go for him, if at all?

First off I don't think LeVert is good nor is he on a good contract. He's also very injury prone. Secondly the Nets are looking for win now pieces (most notably a third star). If they deal LeVert it's probably to improve the roster and not move sideways.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1723 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:39 pm

LuessiT wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:All the Bogdan talk has me wanting to do a temperature check on Caris Levert. What is the highest you'd go for him, if at all?

First off I don't think LeVert is good nor is he on a good contract. He's also very injury prone. Secondly the Nets are looking for win now pieces (most notably a third star). If they deal LeVert it's probably to improve the roster and not move sideways.

He might have the widest spectrum of value out there. I go back-and-forth about him on the Bucks, but I'll shamelessly stan for him on another team.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1724 » by WRau1 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:47 pm

Whats the percentage on contested 3pt % on Bogdan? I could've swore that sometime before the shutdown, I heard SAC announcers talk about Bogdan having the best contested % in the league.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,499

Post#1725 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:15 pm

emunney wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:Wasn’t it already reported that Sacto plans to match any offer sheet for Bogdan? Or was that Vlade and Peja before they bounced? I guess Dumars being in charge anything is possible but I still don’t see any realistic way we can get him.

If it's out there that we're interested, my guess is Horst and Dumars have already talked about it.

Monte McNair is the new GM for Sacramento.

I'm guessing this whole thing is manufactured by Giannis agent, who is also Bogdan's agent. Just a ploy to drive up his price.

I doubt we have true interest. Too many obstacles to get a questionable fit player.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,782

Post#1726 » by RiotPunch » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:40 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
emunney wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:Wasn’t it already reported that Sacto plans to match any offer sheet for Bogdan? Or was that Vlade and Peja before they bounced? I guess Dumars being in charge anything is possible but I still don’t see any realistic way we can get him.

If it's out there that we're interested, my guess is Horst and Dumars have already talked about it.

I'm guessing this whole thing is manufactured by Giannis agent, who is also Bogdan's agent. Just a ploy to drive up his price.

I doubt we have true interest. Too many obstacles to get a questionable fit player.

Joe still has a prominent role as Chief Strategy Officer, and probably a lot of clout within that front office.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
BronJfan85
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#1727 » by BronJfan85 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:21 pm

giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,110

Post#1728 » by giannis and 1 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:21 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:Bogdan is a year older than Fournier, is he a better player? He’s 5 years older than Donte and I’m not even sure that I’d start him over DDV. $17mil?

Bogdan is significantly better than DDV.

Let's be real here.

Watch him for a minute.

He's a scorer, a shooter, a ballhandler and a great passer.

I'll need to learn more about his defense, but this guy would add a whole new element to our offense and relieve a significant amount of pressure off Khris and Giannis

Sure but DDV is 23 and Bogdan is 28. DDV is a significantly better defender. George Hill can do everything that Bogdan can with better defense so what element is Bogdan adding?

Yeah Hill is such a great defender that the Heat kept trying to switch him onto Butler
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,625

Post#1729 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:22 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
emunney wrote:

A skilled 6'6" wing who can dribble, pass, & shoot is a questionable fit? What are we doing here?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1730 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:33 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
emunney wrote:

A skilled 6'6" wing who can dribble, pass, & shoot is a questionable fit? What are we doing here?

Also Giannis’s agent is NOT Bogdan’s agent. :lol:
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#1731 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:43 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Also Giannis’s agent is NOT Bogdan’s agent. :lol:

Yup, I'm wrong on the agent thing.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#1732 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:46 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
emunney wrote:

After the Miami series, you thought " we need to get slower on defense, and need to avoid players who can beat anyone off the dribble"?

Donte was one of our top 3 players in the Miami series, let's use all our assets to minimize him?
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,492

Post#1733 » by JayMKE » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:26 pm

People seem to value Bogdan like he’s on a rookie contract the next few years, paying a premium for him then having to eat his probably $20M base pay seems nonsensical. He shouldn’t fetch more than Brogdon did from Indiana.
FREE GIANNIS
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,492

Post#1734 » by JayMKE » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 pm

I’m gonna pretty sure Jason Kidd had zero to do with the Lakers winning the championship
FREE GIANNIS
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#1735 » by blazza18 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:37 pm

Hopefully I remember Jon Worst next time I call his average GMing out.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1736 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:46 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

After the Miami series, you thought " we need to get slower on defense, and need to avoid players who can beat anyone off the dribble"?

Donte was one of our top 3 players in the Miami series, let's use all our assets to minimize him?

My thought after the Miami series was that I want more guys that can dribble, pass, and shoot. Donte can still be a key player on this team if we get Bogdan without giving up Donte.

Bogdan can do a lot of the same things that Dragic and Herro did to us. He doesn't fix our PG issues but he would help the Bucks.

I mentioned it before, and you're much smarter than me when it comes to the CBA and cap rules, but I'd love to come away with CP3 and Bogdan this offseason. Might be impossible, I don't know.
#FreeChuckDiesel
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,940

Post#1737 » by midranger » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:19 am

blazza18 wrote:Hopefully I remember Jon Worst next time I call his average GMing out.

You won’t. No one will.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,862

Post#1738 » by jschligs » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:21 am

In a perfect world where both teams wanted to trade with us, if given a choice between CP3 and Bogdanovic, I’d take CP3.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#1739 » by StickeeFingaz » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:28 am

jschligs wrote:In a perfect world where both teams wanted to trade with us, if given a choice between CP3 and Bogdanovic, I’d take CP3.

I think a positive for the Bucks having a chance at CP3 is that Presti seems to help players get to their preferred destinations, see PG to LAC and Westbrook to Houston. There were stories last year about CP3 actually wanting to be on the Bucks. Up to Horst to make it happen.
#FreeChuckDiesel
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1740 » by WRau1 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:28 am

Are all those 2 year deals on the Lakers, team options? Getting nothing but expirings, Kuzma and future 1sts is probably a better offer for CP3 than anything involving Bledsoe we could offer to OKC without getting a 3rd team involved.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz

Return to Milwaukee Bucks