ImageImageImage

OT - Auto repair

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

theman
RealGM
And1: 1,405

OT - Auto repair 

Post#1 » by theman » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:28 pm

Have you ever taken you car to a repair shop and been told "I'd love to fix it but the manufacturer has a secret code I don't have access to"?
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,112

Re: OT - Auto repair 

Post#2 » by Darthlukey » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:57 am

theman wrote:Have you ever taken you car to a repair shop and been told "I'd love to fix it but the manufacturer has a secret code I don't have access to"?

Yup, in Australia I have a Ford SUV and for anything more than a run of the mill service, its gotta go to ford and not my usual mechanic because of the onboard computer
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#3 » by Bleeding Green » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:08 am

Piracy has done a lot of good for the world, have they not figured out car codes yet?

Isn't this a voting referendum in MA? Right to repair laws are absolutely insane in this country.

There are third-party firmwares for Tesla on github for sure, dunno about other manufacturers. It's definitely the future as car manufacturers look to create just one model and then wall off features behind software updates. Like unlock an extra 50HP for 10 dollars a month or whatever. Make sure you vote for anything that **** over car manufacturers by default.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,963

Post#4 » by jfs1000d » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:41 pm

theman wrote:Have you ever taken you car to a repair shop and been told "I'd love to fix it but the manufacturer has a secret code I don't have access to"?

Very common. And it is bull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Boston Celtics