ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas Thread, 2020-21

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Re: Trade Ideas Thread, 2020-21 

Post#461 » by captain green » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:00 pm

Only way I'm interested in harden is if it involves kemba and Hayward and picks. And to me I'd start to expect harden falling off productive wise he got maxed usage from Mike and it didn't win no way he gets better. I want a pass 1st pg not 1 score 1st pg gets you to a ring. In fact has it ever worked and to me harden would have had to best shot at it.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#462 » by ddb » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:04 pm

ddb wrote:Some of the trades I’m reading on here are out of hand. Must be the NBA2k generation. Common!!!

hires a new coach. has a pretty uneventful offseason. Knicks will try to get Westbrook. Not sure if it will happen.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#463 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:35 pm

The Comedian wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Houston isnt trading a guy who has finished top 3 in the MVP race 5 of the last 6 years and not receiving Brown. Its more than okay to balk at the price. But its beyond foolish to act like its possible to pair him with Brown and Tatum— might as well speculate on how we can add Giannis to that trio as well at that point.

100% big facts.....I mean on the surface trading brown for an mvp player is a major win on paper. That’s the type of upgrade u need to hit on.

Also, let’s not lump Jaylen and Tatum together as pieces. In the NBA there’s a MASSIVE difference between a very good player, and a legit championship #1. Realistically speaking, Tatum is untouchable, Jaylen is not. I’m not saying you dump him for a bum, but if you can get a legitimate superstar, you do it. Depending on what the other pieces are, of course.

Haterrrrrrrrrrr lol
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#464 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:45 pm

If the Knicks come knocking hard on Westbrook the rockets will seriously consider and if they say yes, harden is on the block next
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#465 » by Feed Your Head » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:53 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
100% big facts.....I mean on the surface trading brown for an mvp player is a major win on paper. That’s the type of upgrade u need to hit on.

Also, let’s not lump Jaylen and Tatum together as pieces. In the NBA there’s a MASSIVE difference between a very good player, and a legit championship #1. Realistically speaking, Tatum is untouchable, Jaylen is not. I’m not saying you dump him for a bum, but if you can get a legitimate superstar, you do it. Depending on what the other pieces are, of course.

Haterrrrrrrrrrr lol

Spoiler:
I love her.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,905

Post#466 » by Parliament10 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:56 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Haterrrrrrrrrrr lol

Yeah. I can't see any of the Core being Traded (save for Hayward, only because of his contract situation).
Unless it brings in someone really fantastic. Theis is at the bottom of that barrel.

But Tatum - Kemba - Brown - Smart, aka "Team Shamrock", aren't likely to go anywhere, anytime soon.
I think that the Camaraderie of this team, has a lot to do with the decisions that will be made, in the short term.

"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#467 » by themoneyteam2 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:08 pm

I do think if Okongwu or Wiseman falls to 10, Boston will try to move up to 10.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,136

Post#468 » by Darthlukey » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:21 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Haterrrrrrrrrrr lol

Yup, tatum and Brown in different tiers for sure. But you use Brown as a block (with other assets) to get an elite younger player (pipe dreams of simmons or giannis for example), not the guy with a suspect clutch factor and playoff efficiency who is due to age out but want to be maxxed in 2-3 years
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#469 » by Darthlukey » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:23 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:I do think if Okongwu or Wiseman falls to 10, Boston will try to move up to 10.

Its a huge stretch, but I like it
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#470 » by Darthlukey » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:28 pm

The Comedian wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

Haterrrrrrrrrrr lol

Spoiler:
I love her.

Ok I will bite, who is that?
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#471 » by Feed Your Head » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:32 pm

Darthlukey wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Haterrrrrrrrrrr lol

Spoiler:
I love her.

Lead singer of some band my girlfriend likes, Shaed. Most people have heard their main song, not really my type of music, but she is adorable.

Damn, look at me derailing. Back onto trades, I would be very surprised if Danny doesn’t make a relatively big move.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#472 » by SmartWentCrazy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:00 pm

The Comedian wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

Spoiler:
I love her.

Lead singer of some band my girlfriend likes, Shaed. Most people have heard their main song, not really my type of music, but she is adorable.

Damn, look at me derailing. Back onto trades, I would be very surprised if Danny doesn’t make a relatively big move.

Me too, and I get sad cuz I fear it means Smart is traded for a top pick. Logically, I know we win on value. But **** logic, I dont want to trade Smart.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#473 » by Darthlukey » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:33 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:Ok I will bite, who is that?

Me too, and I get sad cuz I fear it means Smart is traded for a top pick. Logically, I know we win on value. But **** logic, I dont want to trade Smart.

He is the heart and soul of this current team. But without him we are less volatile, less thrilling highs after his game winning hustle plays and terrible lows, after he decides he is the top offensive option on the team and shoots us out of a game.
Smart, by himself, no other assets attached, what pick does he get us?
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,990

Post#474 » by Floody100 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:41 pm

I don’t think I could cope seeing Smart on another team.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#475 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:15 am

Darthlukey wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

He is the heart and soul of this current team. But without him we are less volatile, less thrilling highs after his game winning hustle plays and terrible lows, after he decides he is the top offensive option on the team and shoots us out of a game.

The basis of a Smart + 14 for 2 trade is largely fair from a value perspective, per the consensus on the trade board
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,364

Post#476 » by Homerclease » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:23 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

The basis of a Smart + 14 for 2 trade is largely fair from a value perspective, per the consensus on the trade board

1 billion percent all in on trading up for Wiseman. If he’s the goods, you won’t even remember Smart or Hayward were ever a Celtic.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#477 » by Darthlukey » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:31 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

And we get a trade exception for smarts salary and the difference for the warriors in their exception is just lost?
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#478 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:38 am

Darthlukey wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:He is the heart and soul of this current team. But without him we are less volatile, less thrilling highs after his game winning hustle plays and terrible lows, after he decides he is the top offensive option on the team and shoots us out of a game.

And we get a trade exception for smarts salary and the difference for the warriors in their exception is just lost?

Correct. Its an interesting little hack in that 2 will eventually have a salary of 9M or so, but due to the timing of the trade, we’d get the full amount of Smart’s salary as the exception.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#479 » by Darthlukey » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:51 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Correct. Its an interesting little hack in that 2 will eventually have a salary of 9M or so, but due to the timing of the trade, we’d get the full amount of Smart’s salary as the exception.

The other option would be what, we draft 14 on their behalf and then make the trade as smart and 14 signed for 2 signed with some trade ballast and then gsw keep the exception?
Asian Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,611

Post#480 » by Asian Celtic » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:12 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
What’s your harden package just for fun.....

I dont want to offer this; its why I said the bolded.

I could see Ainge doing Smart, Brown, RWIII, Romeo, Semi, 14, two more FRP for Harden and Tucker. Then dumping Kanter, Poirier to end dropping 3-5M from our cap overall.

Feels like too much, but just what I could see him doing.

If we were to make such a blockbuster trade, I'd rather go after Bradley Beal. Good friends with JT, not as ball dominant, wayyyy easier of a personality to deal with for Stevens.. And ofc younger.

Who doesn't like this when he gets trashtalked?

Instead of the suck my dick retaliation. Lol

Return to Boston Celtics