ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#2061 » by ILOVEIT » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:33 pm

Don't hate me for it....but I still imagine Kevin Love on this team.
Curry, Klay, Wiggins, Love, Green ... I have no idea how they would do it...but imagine with Love shooting 37% from 3....over 10 rebounds a game...how devastating the Warriors offense would be.

I was thinking of a three team deal that has New York doing whatever it takes it get the #2 pick...Maybe Cavs take Julias Randle, Taj Gibson (expiring next year) and Paschall?

Anyway....for his lack of defensive skills...I think having him as Warriors starting 5 makes them absolutely the favorite to win it all.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#2062 » by BW32 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:17 pm

LMFAO, not only do we take Love we actually pay Nº2 for him? FOH.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#2063 » by RiotPunch » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:40 pm

Wondering if you guys have any interest in Bledsoe and/or Brook Lopez? Either would fit into the Iggy TPE, wondering what additional value you guys would give in such a deal?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#2064 » by ShayDee » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:55 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Wondering if you guys have any interest in Bledsoe and/or Brook Lopez? Either would fit into the Iggy TPE, wondering what additional value you guys would give in such a deal?

Why you looking to trade Brook? Who will start at 5 with Giannis? Himself?

Also I think we give our own 2021 1st for Brook. I don't think he worth the #2 or minny pick. Also Bledsoe has no value to us, than maybe 2 2nds
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#2065 » by BW32 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:19 am

No one would take Bledsoe for caproom without compensation and that's for teams with no tax penalty.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#2066 » by Kuya » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:24 am

I would do Wiggins for Love straight up
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#2067 » by Coxy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:53 am

RiotPunch wrote:Wondering if you guys have any interest in Bledsoe and/or Brook Lopez? Either would fit into the Iggy TPE, wondering what additional value you guys would give in such a deal?

I'd be interested in the Warriors taking Brook Lopez into the TPE, and providing extra value int he way of a young player or picks. Maybe young Smailagic and a 2nd rounder as well.

No interest in Bledsoe at his price.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#2068 » by Coxy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:54 am

Kuya wrote:I would do Wiggins for Love straight up

:banghead:
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#2069 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:01 pm

Coxy wrote:

Well...while I woundn't normally....IF Warriors drafted a really good SF....or brought in a very good SF with the TPE...Love for Wiggins might make sense in that circumstance.

Otherwise...no...I think Wiggins is a much better fit on the Warriors and Love, while I love him as the 5th guy...is a defensive weakness without Wiggins and Draymond to cover that up.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,112

Post#2070 » by cpower » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:58 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Well...while I woundn't normally....IF Warriors drafted a really good SF....or brought in a very good SF with the TPE...Love for Wiggins might make sense in that circumstance.

Otherwise...no...I think Wiggins is a much better fit on the Warriors and Love, while I love him as the 5th guy...is a defensive weakness without Wiggins and Draymond to cover that up.

but Love is a much better player.. with Love on this team we are all set offensively. Just need to find some decent defensive wings. you need to use all the possibility to get rid of uncertainty. Wiggins is unvertainty and Love is proven. You always go for proven vet.
Rudruff
Junior
And1: 120

Post#2071 » by Rudruff » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:15 pm

Finding decent wings is the hard part.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#2072 » by Kuya » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:13 pm

If Love for Wiggins happened, we would have Paschall and the #2 pick (or trade down) to cover the SF

Love and Dray is a compatible front court and gives us an elite rebounder and elite shooting big man, both very compatible traits with the Splash Bros.

(Cavs get younger and free up their loaded front court which also has Tristan Thompson and Andre Drummond. Plus getting Wiggins back is a storyline)

Klay would be hyped too since Love is a close friend.
cpower
RealGM

Post#2073 » by cpower » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:07 pm

Rudruff wrote:Finding decent wings is the hard part.

not really, just need to pay them. Covington was avaiable but we wanted Wiggins..this is an example we value "potential" over good 3D. Covington, Green, Pope, Crowder, Warren, OG.. notice good team usually has a few good wings?
Rudruff
Junior
And1: 120

Post#2074 » by Rudruff » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:41 pm

Covington is signed through 22, Green (15M) and Pope (8.4M) have player options to return to the defending champ, Warren is signed through 22, OG is on his rookie deal through next year. Crowder can leave but Miami has his bird rights so they can win a bidding war.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,780

Post#2075 » by RiotPunch » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:11 am

ShayDee wrote:

Why you looking to trade Brook? Who will start at 5 with Giannis? Himself?

Also I think we give our own 2021 1st for Brook. I don't think he worth the #2 or minny pick. Also Bledsoe has no value to us, than maybe 2 2nds

Our relatively depleted asset base requires creative ideas to try to improve our team. In a perfect world I would love to keep Brook, but the fact is he is getting older and is prone to being played off the court in high-leverage playoff situations. We would likely look to FA for a replacement like Baynes to hold down the 5 until Giannis gets the majority of the time at 5 in the playoffs.

In this financial climate, I like the idea of GSW as a third team to provide some real relief to whomever we are dealing with. Say roughly something like:

MKE: Bogdanovic, Joseph
SAC: Wilson, Ilyasova, GSW '21 1st, MKE '24 1st
GSW: Lopez

or

MKE: Covington
HOU: #24, GSW '21 1st
GSW: Lopez

Coxy wrote:

I'd be interested in the Warriors taking Brook Lopez into the TPE, and providing extra value int he way of a young player or picks. Maybe young Smailagic and a 2nd rounder as well.

No interest in Bledsoe at his price.

I like Smailagic, but we'd probably be looking for a 1st rather than 2nds to make it worth it in a 3-way scenario.

Thought you guys might like the idea of Bled as a defensive menace on the perimeter, but everyone seems pretty turned off by him after the playoffs. We might just need to hang onto him to rehab his value, which is a reason why pivoting to gauging Brook interest is starting to become a thing, though I highly doubt Bud would trade him.

Thanks for the input.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#2076 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:29 pm

cpower wrote:You always go for proven vet.

This is terrible logic. If you had to choose between current LeBron and drafting LeBron you would opt for the 36 year old over the 19 year old because the 36 year old is "proven"?
cpower
RealGM

Post#2077 » by cpower » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:06 am

Scoots1994 wrote:

This is terrible logic. If you had to choose between current LeBron and drafting LeBron you would opt for the 36 year old over the 19 year old because the 36 year old is "proven"?

totally different things. we cant waste Curry/Klay/Green 's last 3 prime years. we are going all in now. Yes we need proven players. The window is closing on us.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#2078 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:13 pm

cpower wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

totally different things. we cant waste Curry/Klay/Green 's last 3 prime years. we are going all in now. Yes we need proven players. The window is closing on us.

Still, the team shouldn't bypass a talent they think could be elite just to get a proven role player.

And I don't agree that the team is going all in now ... they have said multiple times that they want to win now but not sacrifice the future to do so.
cpower
RealGM

Post#2079 » by cpower » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:44 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
cpower wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

Still, the team shouldn't bypass a talent they think could be elite just to get a proven role player.

And I don't agree that the team is going all in now ... they have said multiple times that they want to win now but not sacrifice the future to do so.

you can't do both though, a dynasty will end and this is inevitable. Bulls, Spurs.Lakers..every super team gone through the same. What is the chance that we are going to have a trio like Curry/Green/Klay again? we have to go all in now!
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#2080 » by Hopper15 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:47 pm

you can't do both though

Bob Myers: "Hold my beer"

Return to Golden State Warriors