ImageImageImageImageImage

Where will Raptors play next year if border still closed

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,574

Re: Where will Raptors play next year if border still closed 

Post#21 » by bluerap23 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:30 pm

douggood wrote:
xAIRNESSx wrote:I hope the federal government doesn't pull the same nonsense that they did with the Jays.

There won't be fans, what is the risk to the general public?

the other teams travelling, raptors travelling. in baseball case, mlb couldnt gurantee the visiting team would quarantine in the hotel next to rogers center.

I think the feds made the right call on MLB because MLB was a **** show. They seem to have their act together now so it should be ok even for baseball next year.
Pet Poeltl
Pro Prospect
And1: 2,148

Post#22 » by Pet Poeltl » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:30 pm

xAIRNESSx wrote:
Pet Poeltl wrote:
xAIRNESSx wrote:
Which would happen how?

Players from other teams coming into contact with the general population?

In what scenarios do you honestly see that happening? They would likely be wearing masks when they travel and take into account all the measures the GTA is already taking with things like indoor dining being closed.

I think orphaning teams that represent us and play for our entertainment just to decrease the risk of covid spread by a fraction of a percent is a bit alarmist.

I'm not disagreeing with you but the assumption is that no chances will be taken where players from another team could spread it to people at the airport, hotels, random people they come into contact with, and you can't account for players following all the rules 24/7.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,327

Post#23 » by douggood » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:32 pm

bluerap23 wrote:
douggood wrote:
xAIRNESSx wrote:I hope the federal government doesn't pull the same nonsense that they did with the Jays.

the other teams travelling, raptors travelling. in baseball case, mlb couldnt gurantee the visiting team would quarantine in the hotel next to rogers center.

I think the feds made the right call on MLB because MLB was a **** show. They seem to have their act together now so it should be ok even for baseball next year.

even MLB had to agree the bubble was the right way, they chose that for the playoffs.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,171

Post#24 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:57 pm

Rochester Raptors.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
T0R0NT0_RAPT0RS
Analyst
And1: 1,266
Location: [STH] Toronto, ON = ah.. the memories of 500 level seats at skydome...

Post#25 » by T0R0NT0_RAPT0RS » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:00 pm

Back to the Disney bubble... or Vegas.
bozothepope
Sixth Man
And1: 4,225

Post#26 » by bozothepope » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:08 pm

Whatever helps keep Canadians safe I'm in favour of, but I'm worried this is going to hurt our chances even more at free agents.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#27 » by Psubs » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:15 pm

T0R0NT0_RAPT0RS wrote:Back to the Disney bubble... or Vegas.

They should have an East and West bubble.
prelude00
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,549

Post#28 » by prelude00 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:19 pm

Say the raps end up in a US city that allows fans in arenas, any of you willing to fly down there to watch our boys play?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,380

Post#29 » by Courtside » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:21 pm

If they have to play in the US, and the schedule will be a unbalanced with EC teams as usual, then it makes no sense to play in San Diego or Las Vegas, which would be nice for other reasons. It would also be extra punishment, IMO, to make them play in Buffalo or any other 2nd rate northern city.

It depends on whether there will be fans in the stands or not. If no, then there is no need for a full sized arena.

I would say Tampa makes some sense if a full arena is beneficial, or maybe Myrtle Beach. Putting them somewhere nice over the winter makes some sense instead of Pittsburgh or Cincinnatti or Atlantic City (close to Kyle's home). If there is no arena requirement, then we can set up our own bubble of sorts with a temporary facility that oir court is set up in, and with enough safe activities for the players in their down time, where families can also stay.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,642

Post#30 » by C_Money » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:27 pm

JShuttlesworth wrote:I would be pretty upset if they played anywhere other than Toronto.

Yeah cheering for them wouldn’t be the same if they’re playing in some random US city.
Coach Smiley
Assistant Coach
And1: 980

Post#31 » by Coach Smiley » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:45 pm

Our home away from home - Detroit.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#32 » by RaptorsNorth » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:04 pm

Maybe here!!!!!!

“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Skeezo
Analyst
And1: 2,737

Post#33 » by Skeezo » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:24 pm

Psubs wrote:
T0R0NT0_RAPT0RS wrote:Back to the Disney bubble... or Vegas.

They should have an East and West bubble.

I actually remember hearing or reading somewhere that the NBA was looking at the possibility of mini-bubbles... Maybe something like Northeast Bubble: (NY/BRK/BOS) -- Southeast Bubble: (ATL/ORL/MIA) -- Southwest Bubble (DAL/HOU/SA) -- West Bubble: (LA/GS/LV)
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,725

Post#34 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:28 pm

I don't see this path panning out tbh.

The season probably just gets pushed. The numbers are soaring and the election will be over.
Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,705

Post#35 » by Yallbecrazy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:32 pm

prelude00 wrote:Say the raps end up in a US city that allows fans in arenas, any of you willing to fly down there to watch our boys play?

Not sure if serious
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#36 » by sule » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:47 am

Baltimore.
TheRealDeal
RealGM
And1: 11,821

Post#37 » by TheRealDeal » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:59 am

Masai needs to use his relationship with Trudeau and come up with a way for it to be Toronto. Anything else would be a huge disappointment and potentially set the franchise back
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#38 » by B-Ball Freak » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:45 am

prelude00 wrote:Say the raps end up in a US city that allows fans in arenas, any of you willing to fly down there to watch our boys play?

I love my Raptors but hell nah, that whole country is one big hot spot, a f*ck up of historic proportions and one of the worst out of all the developed countries in terms of death rate....I can wait.
KawhiSoSerious
Junior
And1: 504

Post#39 » by KawhiSoSerious » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:48 am

xAIRNESSx wrote:
douggood wrote:

But the players have already accepted the risk by agreeing to play. What harm does allowing them to travel in and out of Toronto really cause for the general population?

Not sure if serious
HoopAndTheHarm
Pro Prospect
And1: 588

Post#40 » by HoopAndTheHarm » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:48 am

My guess is that if the border is still closed, it will be because the US is in worse covid shape than Canada. which has basically been the case this year.
In that event, the league would likely still be looking at some kind of bubble model regardless - either one major one or a few regional ones.
I've got a belt on that's holding up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up my belt. I don't know what's really happening down there. Who is the real hero? - Mitch Hedberg

Return to Toronto Raptors