ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Draft Thread, Part 2

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#761 » by jason bourne » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:46 am

Mylie10 wrote:The more I hear teams like San Antonio, and the Celtics would like to move up for Wiseman, it just helps reaffirm what I’ve always thought.

They won't trade Tatum, Brown, or Smart. I think the Ws would take Smart and some of their FRPs. Instead, they want to get rid of Hayward and Theis and get Wiggins + #2.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#762 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:29 am

Coxy wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Mitchvale McGRobinson sucks balls Mac.

you guys are going to have to accept that we're not drafting Wiseman and MRob has the same measurables as Wiseman

so basically we can get Wiseman-lite, still get to draft a top player at 8, and get my guy Bob Woodard at 27 :P

Nah.

I'm not saying I don't want Wiseman, I just don't think the Warriors are taking him. And if they're not, I rather trade down for multiple assets than just take Deni or someone else at 2.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,326

Post#763 » by Worst_to_First » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:43 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Coxy wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:I would love MRob + 8 and 27 for the 2 pick and filler

LESGO Bobby Boy!

you guys are going to have to accept that we're not drafting Wiseman and MRob has the same measurables as Wiseman

so basically we can get Wiseman-lite, still get to draft a top player at 8, and get my guy Bob Woodard at 27 :P

I like Woodard as well that is why as a Knick fan I would hesitate a bit in doing that trade as I don’t think he will be available past the first round.

If this trade pushes through who do you like at 8?
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#764 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:40 am

Worst_to_First wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Coxy wrote:

I like Woodard as well that is why as a Knick fan I would hesitate a bit in doing that trade as I don’t think he will be available past the first round.

I like Okoro but I'm not sure he's a good fit for our team. We desperately need some offensive production outside of Steph and Klay. Okongwu is nice fit, but that isn't the most exciting pick in the world. I dunno really, this draft class is depressing.

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#765 » by Coxy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:59 am

jason bourne wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:The more I hear teams like San Antonio, and the Celtics would like to move up for Wiseman, it just helps reaffirm what I’ve always thought.

They won't trade Tatum, Brown, or Smart. I think the Ws would take Smart and some of their FRPs. Instead, they want to get rid of Hayward and Theis and get Wiggins + #2.

I think you missed the point bourne. Mylie is stating that if quality drafting orginisations like San Antonio and Boston think Wiseman is a big time prospect enough to trade up for, then it's prudent to think that Wiseman might be pretty good, if they think so.

Wiseman is a foundation piece for a ball club. We need to draft him.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#766 » by HiRez » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:03 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
Worst_to_First wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:

I like Okoro but I'm not sure he's a good fit for our team. We desperately need some offensive production outside of Steph and Klay. Okongwu is nice fit, but that isn't the most exciting pick in the world. I dunno really, this draft class is depressing.

Well, picking at #8 I would be looking more for "useful" than "exciting". "Exciting" is probably more for top-5 picks (and even those aren't really that exciting in this draft).

And Okoro and Okongwu are definitely useful. I would also look at Haliburton or Vassell or even Williams at #8, at least one of those guys is probably going to be there.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#767 » by ShayDee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:19 am

Comparing these 2, Toppins release looks quicker and it's pretty much evident as of right now that he is a better shooter than Wiseman but at the same time, Wiseman Jumper is not broken and looks like it will translate and he makes shots if he is open

Also Wisemans ball handling is just way more fluid than Toppins. Like People are forgetting. This dude is 7'1/7ft tall. Having these kind of basketball skills for his size is unicorn like.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#768 » by Little Digger » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:39 am

We need another junkyard dog..Okoro = a Jimmy Butler/Andre Iguodala type..He’s #1 on my BIG BOARD..He’s a lock to be an impact player..I can’t say that about anybody else in this pitiful draft

Read on Twitter
?s=21
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#769 » by azwfan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:05 am

Little Digger wrote:We need another junkyard dog..Okoro = a Jimmy Butler/Andre Iguodala type..He’s #1 on my BIG BOARD..He’s a lock to be an impact player..I can’t say that about anybody else in this pitiful draft

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I really like Okoro also. Think ive been influenced by others to push him down my big board, but he looks like a playoff player to me.

I saw somewhere hes a Ron Artest type player, and that is EXACTLY what we need to help get our defense back where it needs to be.

I dont have much doubt he could come in right away and be a high level, finals caliber defender.

I like Vassell’s defense also, but what I think sets Okoro apart is his toughness and intensity.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
JSML
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#770 » by JSML » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:10 am

ShayDee wrote:

Comparing these 2, Toppins release looks quicker and it's pretty much evident as of right now that he is a better shooter than Wiseman but at the same time, Wiseman Jumper is not broken and looks like it will translate and he makes shots if he is open

Also Wisemans ball handling is just way more fluid than Toppins. Like People are forgetting. This dude is 7'1/7ft tall. Having these kind of basketball skills for his size is unicorn like.

It takes so long from Wiseman to go in for that dunk. He just moves so slow. Even in the drills with the smaller guys. If those guys actually defended, don't know if Wiseman can get past them. I am not seeing anything that says he's more than a rim runner and rebounder on offense. Wide open set shot in short distances, yes. Long 2's and 3's, he's not going to be efficient enough.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#771 » by Coxy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:11 am

Little Digger wrote:We need another junkyard dog..Okoro = a Jimmy Butler/Andre Iguodala type..He’s #1 on my BIG BOARD..He’s a lock to be an impact player..I can’t say that about anybody else in this pitiful draft

Read on Twitter
?s=21

So you and the Knicks have a hard on for Okoro. You've just alligned yourself with the talent scouts of the Knicks. :pityfool:

He does look good though doesn't he. His footwork on defense fills me with joy.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#772 » by ShayDee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:20 am

JSML wrote:
ShayDee wrote:

It takes so long from Wiseman to go in for that dunk. He just moves so slow. Even in the drills with the smaller guys. If those guys actually defended, don't know if Wiseman can get past them. I am not seeing anything that says he's more than a rim runner and rebounder on offense. Wide open set shot in short distances, yes. Long 2's and 3's, he's not going to be efficient enough.

The warriors offense is to take the best shot given, whether it's cutting dunks, 3 pointers or long 2s. So it doesn't matter. If he has a high chance of making long 2s he will take it. Also Wiseman goes high up to dunk, so it will be hard to block him, thereby he will be a foul magnet like AD/Embiid

And tell me a 7fter that moves fast apart from Giannis? It's natural for people that tall with muscle to move like that and Wiseman is faster than your regular NBA 7fter
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#773 » by Little Digger » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:25 am

Okoro’s strength, alertness, athleticism and intensity on the court makes it obvious to me that he’s the one.
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
HiRez
RealGM

Post#774 » by HiRez » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:30 am

Coxy wrote:So you and the Knicks have a hard on for Okoro. You've just alligned yourself with the talent scouts of the Knicks. :pityfool:

He does look good though doesn't he. His footwork on defense fills me with joy.

I know I was just thinking oh man, I really liked Okoro until I read the Knicks wanted him. Now must re-evaluate everything. What player do the Knicks hate the most.

(To be fair though, they really wanted Stephen Curry.)
HiRez
RealGM

Post#775 » by HiRez » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:39 am

Little Digger wrote:Okoro’s strength, alertness, athleticism and intensity on the court makes it obvious to me that he’s the one.

That's why I call him the most bust-proof player in the draft, yes he doesn't have an outside shot but he has just about everything else you would want and it's hard to see him not being an impact player for a playoff team (unless the Knicks take him because then he won't get anywhere near the playoffs). He just has too many skills to not be useful and there aren't that many guys combine a passion for defense with strength and quickness. You need to stop a layup line and he would get it done. Imagine you have a lead in the game you need to protect, you could throw out Looney, Draymond, Okoro, Klay, and Steph/whoever, that's a smallish team but a nasty defensive gauntlet.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,212

Post#776 » by wco81 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:45 am

Outside shot is a pretty big deal. Especially being out in the court with Draymond.

Unless he can dribble drive to the basket and finish at high percentage.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#777 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:01 am

Okoro's form isn't bad tho, he could develop into having a decent outside shot. He has a step back too, something Deni is missing.

Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#778 » by Swift21 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:16 am

Warriors Analyst wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:Was into the Vassell idea, but um, this is concerning.

Read on Twitter

WTF is that shot?

Tweet delete

Yeah, somebody in Vassell's camp must have put the kibosh on the video. Smart of them to do so, that's the type of shot that gets you a big drop in the draft.

Read on Twitter

Compare that to this:

Read on Twitter

Cringe
Little Digger
Head Coach

Post#779 » by Little Digger » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:13 pm

GSW’s other Living Legend weighs in

"There's nobody out there (that makes me say), 'Wow, this guy is gonna be an unbelievable, great NBA player that you can build your team around,' " Barry said. "Well if that's the case, and you got the second pick, why do you want to take somebody that might take 2-3 years -- especially a bigger guy -- to develop and be able to help you.

"You got to do it now. You've got three main guys on your team who are not getting any younger. You need to put people on that team with them that can give them a chance to win now.

"I would rather have a veteran guy than a rookie coming into the league when you don't know what the hell is gonna happen."

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/why-rick-barry-wants-warriors-sign-serge-ibaka-nba-free-agency
HiRez
RealGM

Post#780 » by HiRez » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:20 pm

Little Digger wrote:GSW’s other Living Legend weighs in

"There's nobody out there (that makes me say), 'Wow, this guy is gonna be an unbelievable, great NBA player that you can build your team around,' " Barry said. "Well if that's the case, and you got the second pick, why do you want to take somebody that might take 2-3 years -- especially a bigger guy -- to develop and be able to help you.

"You got to do it now. You've got three main guys on your team who are not getting any younger. You need to put people on that team with them that can give them a chance to win now.

"I would rather have a veteran guy than a rookie coming into the league when you don't know what the hell is gonna happen."

Right, I think that's why most of us put a high % on the Dubs trading that pick, if there's a deal out there that makes sense. I certainly think Kerr would prefer a vet instead of a rookie, as a coach your job is to win championships every year, not try to plan for the future.

Trading down at least removes the pressure of having to hit big on that #2 pick and if it's not bringing back a vet directly, should net another asset to boost another trade for one.

Return to Golden State Warriors