ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,642

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1141 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:52 am

docholliday99 wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Psubs wrote:
Warriors have cap space for this? :o

Yup, they can fit him into the Iguodala trade exception.

Yeah...not to poopoo it, as I like the idea but the Warriors could do better than Powell with that TPE and Paschal is cheap for the Warriors. Cheap is important as with 4 players totalling 130 mm next season, Powell is going to cost the Warriors a lot more than 10mm.

Just an aside, that trade is way over valuing Powell, a young prospect plus a FRP that could turn into a lotto pick for Powell? Just can not see the Warriors or any team giving that for him.

Powell ha quite a game and stole the show against the Warriors last season in the big Steph Curry return game so he definitely left a good impression.

Warriors also possess two second rounders in the 2021 draft [Wolves and Nuggets]. If they're not willing to give up the Wolves first rounder, I'd consider the Wolves second rounder + lottery protected first round pick + Paschall.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,127

Post#1142 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:47 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Yup, they can fit him into the Iguodala trade exception.

Yeah...not to poopoo it, as I like the idea but the Warriors could do better than Powell with that TPE and Paschal is cheap for the Warriors. Cheap is important as with 4 players totalling 130 mm next season, Powell is going to cost the Warriors a lot more than 10mm.

Just an aside, that trade is way over valuing Powell, a young prospect plus a FRP that could turn into a lotto pick for Powell? Just can not see the Warriors or any team giving that for him.

Powell ha quite a game and stole the show against the Warriors last season in the big Steph Curry return game so he definitely left a good impression.

Warriors also possess two second rounders in the 2021 draft [Wolves and Nuggets]. If they're not willing to give up the Wolves first rounder, I'd consider the Wolves second rounder + lottery protected first round pick + Paschall.

Isn't the idea to group Norm with someone to get a good quality player back? for eg: norm + ibaka for.....instead of breaking norm contract down into prospects and picks.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#1143 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:13 am

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:

Isn't the idea to group Norm with someone to get a good quality player back? for eg: norm + ibaka for.....instead of breaking norm contract down into prospects and picks.

I was just entertaining the re-tool route. We could use the picks and prospects to trade for another big name player after next summer, after we've acquired our big fish via FA, as opposed to trading Norm who'd be an expiring.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#1144 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:45 am

Psubs wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:We should've and could've had wood years ago, so if MLE is his going rate we should offer that at 12.01 whenever FA starts with the promise of a starting position available.

I'd still try and being back Ibaka as well

Read on Twitter

Imagine we went after him instead of Boucher? Wood is everything we want Boucher to be.

Offer the MLE for 4 years with max raises and a player option 4th year. He could get a big contract when he's still 28.

Maybe he'd prefer a 3 year MLE with the 3rd year being a player option?

There were people on here wanting us to draft Wood. Then when he went undrafted the same people wanted us to immediately sign him. He was rail thin at the time and he ended up as an afterthought on Hinke's Philly process only to be cut and bounced around. A Summer league novelty. Kind of amazing that people had the eye for him due to college ball. Centre has to be the position that has the biggest bust potential. Detroit is his 5th team. MLE might get it done. What a story this guy is. A good question for Wood would at points did you consider playing in other leagues or moving on? He could be head to 6th team and looking at between 10 and 15 mil over 4. That's a story.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#1145 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:55 am

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:

Can't trade Norm with Serge because if we sign-trade UFA Serge you cannot add other players going out. If Ujiri really, really, really wants to keep both Fred and Serge aren't the days of Lowry numbered? Would Giannis and others want to sign with the Raps if our Jimmy Butler player left?
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,889

Post#1146 » by fbalmeida » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:31 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:Image

Warriors get their 6th man and a player that can step in for Klay in case of load management or Wiggins if he's struggling.
Raptors get an intriguing prospect and a potential lottery pick in a very strong draft. Also frees up some more cap space for next summer.

Not that bad, but this moves our best tradeable asset (Norm) forcing us to address our needs at C via Free Agency. I'd prefer trading Norm directly for a nice big. E.g., I'd go as far as Norm + Boucher (sign and trade 6-7 M on 3 years) + 1st rounder for Maxi Kleber.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
Lukeem
Analyst
And1: 2,577

Post#1147 » by Lukeem » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:20 pm

My top 4 draft choices right now that are likely to be available

Desmond bane
Zeke nnaji
Tyler bey
Xavier Tillman
Mattatron
Starter
And1: 1,661

Post#1148 » by Mattatron » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:28 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:Image

Warriors get their 6th man and a player that can step in for Klay in case of load management or Wiggins if he's struggling.
Raptors get an intriguing prospect and a potential lottery pick in a very strong draft. Also frees up some more cap space for next summer.

Warriors say no. Powell just got 1 year left in his contract. Why should the warriors trade a potential top 15 pick + Green Back Up Paschall....
Loso04
Pro Prospect
And1: 239

Post#1149 » by Loso04 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:51 pm

My offseason wishlist

Malik Beasley
Moe Harkless
Nerlens Noel
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#1150 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:35 pm

Loso04 wrote:My offseason wishlist

Malik Beasley
Moe Harkless
Nerlens Noel

Beasley really balled out for the Wolves, I don't think they'll let him go. But would love to have him.
Nerlens Noel is my top big man target this offseason.
Kris Dunn is my top guard target followed by Melton.
haansari
Sophomore
And1: 69

Post#1151 » by haansari » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:33 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:

Malik Beasley
Moe Harkless
Nerlens Noel

Beasley really balled out for the Wolves, I don't think they'll let him go. But would love to have him.
Nerlens Noel is my top big man target this offseason.
Kris Dunn is my top guard target followed by Melton.

I came here to post about how I’d love to acquire Malik Beasley and was surprised and happy to see that the last two posts on this thread are about him!

He would be a great addition I think. He balls out every time he gets a chance. Did it when he started in Denver when Gary Harris was out and did the same when he was traded to Minny. Put up 20ppg on 42% from three and is an above average defender. He’s a restricted free agent and with Minny likely to draft Anthony Edwards he might be expendable for them.
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,127

Post#1152 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:40 am

Anyone know what's going with Masais contract? I'm a little nervous headed into FA without having our top asset locked up.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,082

Post#1153 » by mademan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:07 pm

Buy low oppurtunity in Kris Dunn, imo. Great defensive player with size at the PG spot that needs help in fixing that jumpshot. I think he'd do great in a winning environment
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Post#1154 » by pr0gr4m » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:33 pm

mademan wrote:Buy low oppurtunity in Kris Dunn, imo. Great defensive player with size at the PG spot that needs help in fixing that jumpshot. I think he'd do great in a winning environment

He sucks and he's turning 26 next year. He was supposed to be a win now player out of college and hasn't produced on offense at all. We already have a great shooting guard in Powell we should reward opportunity for.

I would re-sign FVV to a Brogdon contract and trade him as soon as I can.

I also find a lot of confidence in starting Powell next season. He has a near 7 foot wingspan at the 2 and he can shoot pretty well. I think he works on his mid range game next season and has his best scoring season yet if we give him the opportunity.

Powell has been quietly averaging 16 points on a 60.4 effective field goal rate. That's extremely high for a shooting guard.

Starter: 18.8 points, 51.8 FG%, 42.3 3P%
Bench: 13.7 points, 47.9 FG%, 36.4 3P%

Fred shoots an abysmal 51% from 4 feet within the basket — ranks among the bottom 17th percentile of all combo guards. While Norman Powell is shooting 68% from that very same place. FVV also manages to only shoot a horrid 25% from mid-range which is puzzling given how well he shoots beyond the arc.

Norman shoots the same percentage as Embiid from within 4 feet

When FVV was injured and replaced by Powell, team differential per 100 points was +15.4. With FVV in the lineup, the team differential is +12.3.

The Raptors are better by a whole 3.1 points with Norman Powell.

I would say the success both Powell and FVV experience is mainly due to Lowry. Lowry has gotten guys like CoJo big contracts because they look so good next to him. We should look to bring FVV back and trade him for assets and give Powell the chance at putting up big numbers as well to showcase and potentially "sign and trade" him like FVV (as soon as they are eligble to be traded again).

Baynes (1 year / MLE) / Reed (29)
Siakam / Reed
OG / Watson
Powell / Maledon(FVV trade)
Lowry / Winston(59)
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,320

Post#1155 » by douggood » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:55 pm

pr0gr4m wrote:
mademan wrote:Buy low oppurtunity in Kris Dunn, imo. Great defensive player with size at the PG spot that needs help in fixing that jumpshot. I think he'd do great in a winning environment

He sucks and he's turning 26 next year. He was supposed to be a win now player out of college and hasn't produced on offense at all. We already have a great shooting guard in Powell we should reward opportunity for.

I also find a lot of confidence in starting Powell next season. He has a near 7 foot wingspan at the 2 and he can shoot pretty well. I think he works on his mid range game next season and has his best scoring season yet if we give him the opportunity.

Powell has been quietly averaging 16 points on a 60.4 effective field goal rate. That's extremely high for a shooting guard.

Fred shoots an abysmal 51% from 4 feet within the basket — ranks among the bottom 17th percentile of all combo guards. While Norman Powell is shooting 68% from that very same place. FVV also manages to only shoot a horrid 25% from mid-range which is puzzling given how well he shoots beyond the arc.

When FVV was injured and replaced by Powell, team differential per 100 points was +15.4. With FVV in the lineup, the team differential is +12.3.

I would say the success both Powell and FVV experience is mainly due to Lowry. Lowry has gotten guys like CoJo big contracts because they look so good next to him. We should look to bring FVV back and trade him for assets and give Powell the chance at putting up big numbers as well to showcase and potentially "sign and trade" him like FVV (as soon as they are eligble to be traded again).

Siakam / Reed
OG / Watson
Lowry / Winston(59)

dunn is elite at the defensive end. 2nd in league in SPG while playing bench minutes. lead league in deflections, barely missed named to all nba defensive team.

almost same age as when we got lowry. he isnt the creator like lowry, but can handle the ball and push the ball when needed. its the kind of player i would like to take a chance on to break out.
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Post#1156 » by pr0gr4m » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:04 pm

douggood wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:

Siakam / Reed
OG / Watson
Lowry / Winston(59)

dunn is elite at the defensive end. 2nd in league in SPG while playing bench minutes. lead league in deflections, barely missed named to all nba defensive team.

almost same age as when we got lowry. he isnt the creator like lowry, but can handle the ball and push the ball when needed. its the kind of player i would like to take a chance on to break out.

He is too bad defensively and considering he's yet to figure it out I doubt he ever does. Our team is fine defensively we need more well rounded players
Kris_Banks
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#1157 » by Kris_Banks » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:39 pm

I'd love to see Dunn on this team but I think we have to use our MLE on a backup C because Gasol will probably go to Europe. I think C Tristan Thompson is very possible or I'd like to see us go for C Aron Baynes. Another player we might be able to get for cheap is F Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.
We should be against the genocide of any people in North America.
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,715

Post#1158 » by MessiahUjiri » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:26 am

Kris_Banks wrote:I'd love to see Dunn on this team but I think we have to use our MLE on a backup C because Gasol will probably go to Europe. I think C Tristan Thompson is very possible or I'd like to see us go for C Aron Baynes. Another player we might be able to get for cheap is F Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

I see using the MLE for the center position too.

IMO we will be targeting one of Thompson, Baynes, and Biyombo.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,547

Post#1159 » by Psubs » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:52 am

MessiahUjiri wrote:
Kris_Banks wrote:I'd love to see Dunn on this team but I think we have to use our MLE on a backup C because Gasol will probably go to Europe. I think C Tristan Thompson is very possible or I'd like to see us go for C Aron Baynes. Another player we might be able to get for cheap is F Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

I see using the MLE for the center position too.

IMO we will be targeting one of Thompson, Baynes, and Biyombo.

I'm cool with Thompson and/or Baynes.

Biyombo is now relgated to a situational player and injury reserve. I'd be cool if he wanted to come back for the vet min.
Lukeem
Analyst
And1: 2,577

Post#1160 » by Lukeem » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:13 pm

Malik Beasley
Moe Harkless
Nerlens Noel

I loved Harkless back in the day, part of me has given up on him being a more consistent shooter... but if he could improve there slightly I love the idea of OG, Siakam and Harkless defending together.

I like Beasly but only if we are not signing FVV or if we have a good trade lined up for Powell

Noel is one of many intriguing bigs, I hope we get at least one... then hopefully resign Serge or Gasol on either big, or tradeable contracts

Return to Toronto Raptors