ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas Thread, 2020-21

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,834

Re: Trade Ideas Thread, 2020-21 

Post#481 » by Celts17Pride » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:35 am

From Hawksquhawk forum:

Boston

They want to add another star but teams are highly reluctant to trade with them unless they can get Brown or Tatum which obviously is not happening. No one wants to do a deal with Boston where they can and will lose. Most teams see Boston as a contender that's one piece away from being favorites with their current core. They have been openly talking to teams to see about moving up for Wiseman with San Antonio. They have also reached out to Orlando about Bamba.

Interesting to discuss. If Ainge can get Mo Bamba I’m all for a RW3/Bamba center combo.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#482 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:56 am

Celts17Pride wrote:.

Dont narc the website lol
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,429

Post#483 » by playa-hater » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:19 am

Darthlukey wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
Lead singer of some band my girlfriend likes, Shaed. Most people have heard their main song, not really my type of music, but she is adorable.

Damn, look at me derailing. Back onto trades, I would be very surprised if Danny doesn’t make a relatively big move.

Me too, and I get sad cuz I fear it means Smart is traded for a top pick. Logically, I know we win on value. But **** logic, I dont want to trade Smart.

He is the heart and soul of this current team. But without him we are less volatile, less thrilling highs after his game winning hustle plays and terrible lows, after he decides he is the top offensive option on the team and shoots us out of a game.
Smart, by himself, no other assets attached, what pick does he get us?

I will follow up your question with a similar one. Do we as Boston fans over rate Smart's value in comparison to the rest of the NBA??
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,124

Post#484 » by Darthlukey » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:34 am

playa-hater wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Me too, and I get sad cuz I fear it means Smart is traded for a top pick. Logically, I know we win on value. But **** logic, I dont want to trade Smart.

He is the heart and soul of this current team. But without him we are less volatile, less thrilling highs after his game winning hustle plays and terrible lows, after he decides he is the top offensive option on the team and shoots us out of a game.

I will follow up your question with a similar one. Do we as Boston fans over rate Smart's value in comparison to the rest of the NBA??

Absolutely, but by how much?
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#485 » by Darthlukey » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:38 am

Celts17Pride wrote:From Hawksquhawk forum:

Boston

They want to add another star but teams are highly reluctant to trade with them unless they can get Brown or Tatum which obviously is not happening. No one wants to do a deal with Boston where they can and will lose. Most teams see Boston as a contender that's one piece away from being favorites with their current core. They have been openly talking to teams to see about moving up for Wiseman with San Antonio. They have also reached out to Orlando about Bamba.

Interesting to discuss. If Ainge can get Mo Bamba I’m all for a RW3/Bamba center combo.

Thing is, of course Brown is available, he is our best trade piece. But he is there to get a better, young piece. Not for a has-been (harden i consider as this, though obviously he is still elite for now) and not for a lateral move just to balance the roster (let's say collins). Simmons, giannis, kat, booker, beal (maybe beal) become available Brown is a good starting point for any of them.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#486 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:09 am

Darthlukey wrote:

Boston

Thing is, of course Brown is available, he is our best trade piece. But he is there to get a better, young piece. Not for a has-been (harden i consider as this, though obviously he is still elite for now) and not for a lateral move just to balance the roster (let's say collins). Simmons, giannis, kat, booker, beal (maybe beal) become available Brown is a good starting point for any of them.

I’m not gonna sit here and go crazy defending harden bc I hated watching him live and worry about Tatums game with him here but he’s far from a has been. He’s about as elite as a scorer the league as ever seen.

His game also doesn’t depend on super athleticism so while he hasn’t ever been greatly conditioned- even a drop off for him should still allow him to score or draw fouls at an elite level allowing him to be an all star at least for 4 more years but more likely all nba at minimum. The playoff drop off is a real concern that’s true.

Everyone one of those guys you mention with the exception of beal - have way way more value than brown and the other teams would ask for Tatum (not happening). The exception being a major major leap from brown next season in which case why would we even trade him?
The appeal of harden is that he’s an older player who most teams can’t trade pieces for and then still have a championship level team.

Brown for a 30 year former mvp who at worst is top 7 right now is a major major victory- on paper
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#487 » by Darthlukey » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:12 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:

Boston

I’m not gonna sit here and go crazy defending harden bc I hated watching him live and worry about Tatums game with him here but he’s far from a has been. He’s about as elite as a scorer the league as ever seen.

His game also doesn’t depend on super athleticism so while he hasn’t ever been greatly conditioned- even a drop off for him should still allow him to score or draw fouls at an elite level allowing him to be an all star at least for 4 more years but more likely all nba at minimum. The playoff drop off is a real concern that’s true.

Everyone one of those guys you mention with the exception of beal - have way way more value than brown and the other teams would ask for Tatum (not happening). The exception being a major major leap from brown next season in which case why would we even trade him?
The appeal of harden is that he’s an older player who most teams can’t trade pieces for and then still have a championship level team.

Brown for a 30 year former mvp who at worst is top 7 right now is a major major victory- on paper

As always, you are spot in in relation to the value of those guys vs Brown. Its a leverage thing, they demand out and Brown likely the best major piece they are gonna get back (not counting peripherals)
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#488 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:18 am

Darthlukey wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:Thing is, of course Brown is available, he is our best trade piece. But he is there to get a better, young piece. Not for a has-been (harden i consider as this, though obviously he is still elite for now) and not for a lateral move just to balance the roster (let's say collins). Simmons, giannis, kat, booker, beal (maybe beal) become available Brown is a good starting point for any of them.

As always, you are spot in in relation to the value of those guys vs Brown. Its a leverage thing, they demand out and Brown likely the best major piece they are gonna get back (not counting peripherals)

Booker just signed an extension, KAT has 3 years left i believe, giannis costs tatum and isn’t happening. If booker demands a trade in 12-24 months we will get outbid for him.

I guess we just really disagree on brown being the best piece those teams can get especially when you add in our other best trade piece in smart may not be on the team if his contract runs or he’s traded. Not to mention we don’t have the draft capital we once did where other teams do (okc, New Orleans just off my head).

Not even fawning Over harden but he may represent the best chance for this group of Celtics to land a superstar player without costing Tatum and adding to kemba, making a true elite 3 that is the blueprint for title winners in this league. An mvp top 6 guy, a top 10 guy in tatum and a top 20-25 perennial all star in kemba.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#489 » by Darthlukey » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:35 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

Booker just signed an extension, KAT has 3 years left i believe, giannis costs tatum and isn’t happening. If booker demands a trade in 12-24 months we will get outbid for him.

I guess we just really disagree on brown being the best piece those teams can get especially when you add in our other best trade piece in smart may not be on the team if his contract runs or he’s traded. Not to mention we don’t have the draft capital we once did where other teams do (okc, New Orleans just off my head).

Not even fawning Over harden but he may represent the best chance for this group of Celtics to land a superstar player without costing Tatum and adding to kemba, making a true elite 3 that is the blueprint for title winners in this league. An mvp top 6 guy, a top 10 guy in tatum and a top 20-25 perennial all star in kemba.

That big 3 is terrifyingly flawed though, defensively you can't play all 3 guys at once consistently. And we dont have a prime kg behind them to cover up the weaknesses
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#490 » by BostonCouchGM » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:36 am

playa-hater wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

I think a different HC would rein Smart in and he could be a starting PG in this league and a very good one at that. But his BBIQ outside of the system, on offense, is abysmal. He should run PnR which he's great at, and just be a playmaker for others. Let 10-12 points come organically off of transition baskets, layups/floaters in PnR and occasional wide open threes as teams will always leave him open instead of everyone else. But Brad is probably scared of him and maybe doesn't feel comfortable keeping him in line. He's probably happy to get the elite defense and feels he has to accept and live with the low BBIQ Smart exhibits too often.

As is, he's actually underpaid and the best 6th man in the league. I think everyone agrees he's elite on defense and our heart and soul both in and outside of Boston. So I don't think he's overrated.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#491 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:40 am

Darthlukey wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:As always, you are spot in in relation to the value of those guys vs Brown. Its a leverage thing, they demand out and Brown likely the best major piece they are gonna get back (not counting peripherals)

That big 3 is terrifyingly flawed though, defensively you can't play all 3 guys at once consistently. And we dont have a prime kg behind them to cover up the weaknesses

I think terribly flawed is over stated....it def has its warts for sure and defensive shortcomings but most def can play on the court together. How many years are we gonna have a team that looks bad defensively on paper and then brad makes them a top defensive team?

I’m done saying we will suck on d and being proven wrong. It also gets us into ring chaser mode where guys will come to fill out the bench and I haven’t even mentioned Hayward.
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,990

Post#492 » by Floody100 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:41 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:.

Dont narc the website lol

Yeah we need to stop copying & pasting what is said on that page. I went over there yesterday & one of the board members was trying to find out which boards are posting their stuff on their own. They’ll lock it up if we’re not careful.

Spoiler:
I’ve got the link so just send us a pm if you want to read through it.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#493 » by BostonCouchGM » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:46 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:

Boston

this sub is convinced Jaylen is much much better than he is. He's not a top 40 player but they act as if he's a top 15 and can't conceive of trading him for clearly much better players. Harden would be the 2nd best Celtic player to ever suit up for us. This is just silly. All Harden needs are 3 and D players around him and he's good enough to lead a team to the championship. If it took Brown, a 1st this year and a 1st the following and even another player like Langford or Williams, you have to make that trade. If HOU decides to blow it up and a trade centered around Jaylen gets him here, it's a no brainer. It would likely mean we'd move Kemba to get under the cap but good luck finding anyone that wants him.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,393

Post#494 » by Triple7 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:11 am

100proof wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
100proof wrote:
Hayward and Theis for Wiggins and #2 gets it done imo.

Ride with Wiggins for a year and see if you raise his value, imo. Easiest Way to make it happen.

Or a three team deal involving Kemba.

Kemba to NYK
Ellington, Theis, #8, #26 to GSW
Portis, DSJ and #2 to Boston?

I think there are lots of options.

I'd actually really like that deal. Not sure a 3 team deal is feasible, especially with trading Kemba. It works in 2K though!

Not sure on the 3 team deal.

But I would make either one of them. I think Wiggins can be turned around under stevens.

Kemba/Smart
Brown/Romeo
Wiggins/14
Tatum/GrantW
Wiseman/Theis/Timelord

That is a ridiculously strong athletic lineup. Especially with a healthy Kemba. (I would still consider shopping him though. Spurs for Murray, Gay?) just for the cap savings and better fits.

I don’t think that lineup would work. We need some playmakers on the team, and that lineup is full of good one on one players that would want his.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,393

Post#495 » by Triple7 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:20 am

Boston

Bamba or Wiseman. I’m all for that just to have a legit 7’ center that can protect the rim and not get bullied inside like Theis.
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#496 » by Darthlukey » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:26 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:Thing is, of course Brown is available, he is our best trade piece. But he is there to get a better, young piece. Not for a has-been (harden i consider as this, though obviously he is still elite for now) and not for a lateral move just to balance the roster (let's say collins). Simmons, giannis, kat, booker, beal (maybe beal) become available Brown is a good starting point for any of them.

this sub is convinced Jaylen is much much better than he is. He's not a top 40 player but they act as if he's a top 15 and can't conceive of trading him for clearly much better players. Harden would be the 2nd best Celtic player to ever suit up for us. This is just silly. All Harden needs are 3 and D players around him and he's good enough to lead a team to the championship. If it took Brown, a 1st this year and a 1st the following and even another player like Langford or Williams, you have to make that trade. If HOU decides to blow it up and a trade centered around Jaylen gets him here, it's a no brainer. It would likely mean we'd move Kemba to get under the cap but good luck finding anyone that wants him.

If all it took was Brown, Romeo and a couple of 1sts, sign me up. I would be stoked with a deal like that. But I feel like it would take more key rotation pieces and that's when I dont feel like its worth it
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#497 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:29 am

Darthlukey wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

If all it took was Brown, Romeo and a couple of 1sts, sign me up. I would be stoked with a deal like that. But I feel like it would take more key rotation pieces and that's when I dont feel like its worth it

I hear ya....moot point anyways because don’t think they will trade harden
100proof
Starter
And1: 1,117

Post#498 » by 100proof » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:42 am

Wonder what bambas cost is?

Gotta be low.

Would like ross too. Good 3d off bench.
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#499 » by GoGreen » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:06 am

Not all that interested in Bamba. Magic fans seem more than happy to get rid of him.
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#500 » by Spin Move » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:38 am

Bomba is only a year older then many of the center prospects in this draft like Precious, Less team control though, if danny loves him see if Orlando would move him for 30

Return to Boston Celtics