TPE Trade Target Watch

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Re: TPE Trade Target Watch 

Post#361 » by Little Digger » Sat Oct 3, 2020 6:45 am

Barton fits really well with the Nuggets
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#362 » by ShayDee » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:39 am

James Johnson + 17 for our GS 2021(lottery protected, Protected 25-30, convey to unprotected 2022 1st) 1st round pick. This gives us a bit of size at the 3/4 as well as pick 17 from this year and Minny gets a pick back for 2021 draft. We can decrease the protections if necessary

Total remaining assets for 2 year span:

Pick 2, #17, #48, #51, James Johnson(Bridge TPE or Keep), Minny 2021 1st, 2021 2nd, Nuggets 2021 2nd

Draft Wiseman + Bane, can use MLE on back up pg/wing then use min for what we didn't use mle for

C Wiseman, Looney, Chriss

PF Green, Paschall, Smiley

SF Wiggins, Jae Crowder, James Johnson

SG Thompson, Bane, Lee

PG Curry, Reggie Jackson, Poole

We give Crowder 3/4 years full MLE to pry him from Miami. Last year TO

or

Draft Deni+Bane, James Johnson+Minny 1st(top 3 protected) + a 2nd round pick or 2 for Myles turner, can use MLE on back up pg/extra wing then use min for what we didn't use mle for

C Myles Turner, Looney, Chriss

PF Green, Paschall, Smiley

SF Wiggins, Deni, Andre Roberson

SG Thompson, Bane, Lee

PG Curry, Kris Dunn, Poole

Give Kris Dunn 2 years. 2nd year TO/PO

Use 2 2nds for 2-way players. Ty-Shon Alexander/Trevelin Queen + Mamadi Diakite or Bowman+JTA(If they want to stay)

Seems like competent rosters to battle with any team specific matchups. Personally I prefer the 1st on because I believe Wiseman is the BPA in this draft that happens to fit our need. But the 2nd option is really good as well. I have my doubts about Turners ability to rebound and bang Down with AD though
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#363 » by wco81 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:24 pm

Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#364 » by Kuya » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:21 am

can we bring back Iguodala? Even if he was the one we got the TPE for?
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#365 » by wco81 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:54 am

Kuya wrote:can we bring back Iguodala? Even if he was the one we got the TPE for?

Miami may not keep him. They have a team option for like $15 million.

If they thought they could be competitive next season, they would pay it but they're relying on a 34-year old Tragic for a lot of the scoring.

So he may be looking for a roster spot anyways and probably as much money as he can get. So he may prefer teams other than the Warriors who have cap room, though teams generally may not be willing to spend freely.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,707

Post#366 » by gswhoops » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:52 pm

Morey out in Houston. Could be the start of a full scale implosion. My dream of stealing Covington for a late future first is getting closer...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#367 » by Mylie10 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:06 pm

Covington for the TPE has always been one of the top preferences for me. Just thought he found a home there.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#368 » by Warriors Analyst » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:10 pm

gswhoops wrote:Morey out in Houston. Could be the start of a full scale implosion. My dream of stealing Covington for a late future first is getting closer...

Perfect 3/4 combo guy for this team.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#369 » by xdrta+ » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:14 pm

wco81 wrote:
Kuya wrote:can we bring back Iguodala? Even if he was the one we got the TPE for?

Miami may not keep him. They have a team option for like $15 million.

If they thought they could be competitive next season, they would pay it but they're relying on a 34-year old Tragic for a lot of the scoring.

So he may be looking for a roster spot anyways and probably as much money as he can get. So he may prefer teams other than the Warriors who have cap room, though teams generally may not be willing to spend freely.

That's not right. Iguodala was still playing on his Warrior contract this year, next year is his first on the Miami contract, $15M guaranteed. The team option is the following year.
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#370 » by ahmetmekin » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:32 pm

gswhoops wrote:Morey out in Houston. Could be the start of a full scale implosion. My dream of stealing Covington for a late future first is getting closer...

I would love to see 2 Covingtons on the roster.
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,181

Post#371 » by EvanZ » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:42 pm

:lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#372 » by BW32 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:46 pm

Terrible.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Post#373 » by whatisacenter » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:53 pm

EvanZ wrote::lol:

:wink:
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#374 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:23 am

Can't believe they included Bullock and Ellington in that list. Those two are nowhere near the other three.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#375 » by tarantism » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:54 pm

Dewayne Dedmon could be an under the radar TPE guy. Decently athletic, can stretch the floor and block shots, all with good size and length. Atlanta has Capela now and Dedmon doesn't really fit their timeline. He makes less than 14m/year so we could potentially acquire him and another quality rotation piece from the Hawks or another team.

Maybe a pick 2020 swap plus the TPE for Heurter and Dedmon in a separate deal? Hawks could grab Wiseman or Edwards to supplement their core while we can grab a wing or guard such as Hayes/Okoro/Vassell/Haliburton.

Edit: it looks like Dedmon's salary is only partially guaranteed for 2021-22 at $1m, too. So we could potentially cut ties with him after the season to add a star or use him as trade sweetener/salary filler.
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
B-King
Rookie
And1: 203

Post#376 » by B-King » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:45 pm

tarantism wrote:Dewayne Dedmon could be an under the radar TPE guy. Decently athletic, can stretch the floor and block shots, all with good size and length. Atlanta has Capela now and Dedmon doesn't really fit their timeline. He makes less than 14m/year so we could potentially acquire him and another quality rotation piece from the Hawks or another team.

Maybe a pick 2020 swap plus the TPE for Heurter and Dedmon in a separate deal? Hawks could grab Wiseman or Edwards to supplement their core while we can grab a wing or guard such as Hayes/Okoro/Vassell/Haliburton.

Edit: it looks like Dedmon's salary is only partially guaranteed for 2021-22 at $1m, too. So we could potentially cut ties with him after the season to add a star or use him as trade sweetener/salary filler.

Dedmon has always been about potential and hasn't really delivered at multiple stops. I am just very leery about him at this point and would prefer to pass.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#377 » by Kuya » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:33 am

We have 1 week to use it
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#378 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:01 pm

Kuya wrote:We have 1 week to use it

The expiration date isn't set yet. The date is one week after free agency starts ... we don't even have a date for free agency to start yet all we know is that it's not tomorrow like was originally planned.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#379 » by tarantism » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:53 pm

Has anybody considered a smaller acquisition of Taurean Prince?

He fits in well as a combo forward who is strong enough to guard smaller PFs, yet quick enough at to least hang with quicker guys until help comes. He would definitely be comfortable with coming off of the bench after Iggy's success in that type of role here. He is a little bit of a sneaky scorer that you can run plays for and he shows good movement off of the bounce.

Best part is that he would only take up a tiny portion of our TPE. This article presupposes that Prince is available because the Nets want to unload Joe Harris: https://www.bulletsforever.com/2020/10/15/21515429/washington-wizards-brooklyn-nets-trade-idea-taurean-prince-nic-claxton-ish-smith-issac-bonga . I know its not the best source but it's at least something to discuss.

It seems like an excellent, win/win move.
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#380 » by xdrta+ » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:03 pm

tarantism wrote:Has anybody considered a smaller acquisition of Taurean Prince?

He fits in well as a combo forward who is strong enough to guard smaller PFs, yet quick enough at to least hang with quicker guys until help comes. He would definitely be comfortable with coming off of the bench after Iggy's success in that type of role here. He is a little bit of a sneaky scorer that you can run plays for and he shows good movement off of the bounce.

Best part is that he would only take up a tiny portion of our TPE. This article presupposes that Prince is available because the Nets want to unload Joe Harris: https://www.bulletsforever.com/2020/10/15/21515429/washington-wizards-brooklyn-nets-trade-idea-taurean-prince-nic-claxton-ish-smith-issac-bonga . I know its not the best source but it's at least something to discuss.

It seems like an excellent, win/win move.

$14 million is not a tiny portion of the TE.

Return to Golden State Warriors