Mavs/Pels/OKC

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Who Wins/Who Losses

Pels, by a little
13%
Pels, by a lot
13%
Thunder, by a little
No votes
Thunder, by a lot
13%
Mavs, by a little
No votes
Mavs, by a lot
63%

Total votes: 8

Funcrusher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,130

Mavs/Pels/OKC 

Post#1 » by Funcrusher » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:16 pm

Pels in: Chris Paul, Dennis Schroeder, #18
Pels out: Jrue Holiday, Lonzo Ball

Thunder In: Tim Hardaway Jr.(s/t), Seth Curry, Lonzo Ball
Thunder Out: Chris Paul, Danilo Gallinari, Dennis Schroeder

Mavs In: Jrue Holiday, Danilo Gallinari(s/t)
Mavs Out: Tim Hardaway Jr., Seth Curry, #18

Pelicans:

Paul/Schroeder
Redick/NAW
Ingram/Hart
Zion/Melli
Favors?/Hayes

Pels get Paul/Schroeder in a win-now move upgrading their guard stable, and the mavs pick . Plus, Paul finishing his twilight years in NO, let's go

Thunder:

cap space, cap space, cap space

Mavs:
Luka/Brunson
Jrue/Delon
Finney/?
Gallo/Maxi
Porzingis/Boban

Mavs get serious upgrades at two positions, still have potential cap space to go after Giannis 2021
gh123 wrote:Zion lucky if he gets 18 ppg on decent efficiency. Midget big man is a no-career in NBA. Chuck being the only wonder. Zion is the next Tractor Trailer at best.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Re: Mavs/Pels/OKC 

Post#2 » by Mr B » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:55 pm

As a Mavs fan I would do that trade in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,683

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:58 pm

This is just way over-engineered mate. First you can't have 2020 picks and S&T's in the same deal because the draft happens before FA. Then there is just too much money and players moving everywhere.

But trying to look past that, the Thunder don't get good value here at all. I think they'd rather let Gallo walk than pay THJ similar money and getting Seth and Lonzo for Paul/Schroder isn't good value other than financially but part of that requires letting Lonzo walk.

Assuming Dallas can re-sign Jrue they make out like absolute bandits here and the Pels do very well also.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,576

Post#4 » by Swish1906 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:44 pm

hate it for the Mavs with Holiday on an expiring contract. Love it they would trade for him with an agreement for an extension in place.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#5 » by Mr B » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:53 pm

Swish1906 wrote:hate it for the Mavs with Holiday on an expiring contract. Love it they would trade for him with an agreement for an extension in place.

This is a scenario where I think playing next to Luka would make Jrue’s job some much easier and so much fun that he would stay. And it’s not like the Mavs won’t pay him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NOLA Glasses
Senior
And1: 131

Post#6 » by NOLA Glasses » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:06 pm

Mavs are straight stealing value from the Pels, in no world can Seth Curry, Tim Hardaway and the 18th pick grab Jrue Holiday.
New Orleans love.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 823

Post#7 » by Darren » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:30 pm

I'm thinking of Kleber, Wright, Jackson for Reddick and Miller instead. The Mavs gets more shooting and flexibility. Surely, Pelicans wins a little bit more talents. Possibly, this is the kind of deal of interests to Dallas due to the Giannis plan. With Giannis, the Mavs improves defense significantly. Reddick and Curry can both shoot light out. Reddick could easily have the last contract with the Mavs in case Giannis signs and Hardaway walks.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,683

Post#8 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:41 pm

NOLA Glasses wrote:Mavs are straight stealing value from the Pels, in no world can Seth Curry, Tim Hardaway and the 18th pick grab Jrue Holiday.

Mavs are clearly stealing value but since the Pels don't get Curry and THJ but rather Paul and Schroder clearly the theft is of OKC. Pels do great here.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,271

Post#9 » by Godaddycurse » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:17 pm

This trade is illegal for both pelicans and mavs. Too much money incoming. Also the 2020 picks and s&t thing

Return to Trades and Transactions