The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 8)

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,410

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 8) 

Post#1901 » by Heej » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:07 am

Apparently on one of the Ringers NBA pods with Kevin O'Connor and Chris Vernon, Rondo was raving about how much Phil Handy improved his jumpshot. Idk mannn maybe we'll see a little Jason Kidd type second arc for Rondo :)
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
kayess
Sixth Man
And1: 1,000

Post#1902 » by kayess » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:05 am

Heej wrote:Apparently on one of the Ringers NBA pods with Kevin O'Connor and Chris Vernon, Rondo was raving about how much Phil Handy improved his jumpshot. Idk mannn maybe we'll see a little Jason Kidd type second arc for Rondo :)

Can't **** believe Rondo is gonna do this after that absolute **** show of a RS. 2020 man.

OT: Watching young LeBron highlights. He just seems to get to the rim at will even when they try to pack the paint... Is there any doubt young LeBron with modern spacing puts up even more GOAT level seasons?

Also: classic LeBron lategame statpadding - he only had 8 rebounds with like a minute or so left but stayed in (tbf, it was his first playoff game and you don't wanna blow that)

Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#1903 » by Dupp » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:51 am

I’m not too stressed about the Lakers off season as long as they retain kcp. Assume dwights gone and they’ll sign boogie. They can live without him. Rondo too but they’ll probably try harder to keep him.
Heej
General Manager

Post#1904 » by Heej » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:56 am

kayess wrote:
Heej wrote:Apparently on one of the Ringers NBA pods with Kevin O'Connor and Chris Vernon, Rondo was raving about how much Phil Handy improved his jumpshot. Idk mannn maybe we'll see a little Jason Kidd type second arc for Rondo :)

Can't **** believe Rondo is gonna do this after that absolute **** show of a RS. 2020 man.

OT: Watching young LeBron highlights. He just seems to get to the rim at will even when they try to pack the paint... Is there any doubt young LeBron with modern spacing puts up even more GOAT level seasons?

Also: classic LeBron lategame statpadding - he only had 8 rebounds with like a minute or so left but stayed in (tbf, it was his first playoff game and you don't wanna blow that)

Man I feel.like watching that the times he got into the paint in the half court was getting a pick vs drop coverage and having a runway. So different from now where they'd try to switch or show and just wall off the paint. Kinda crazy to see the Wizards went to zone at one point. LeBron must've had Eddie Jordan mentally f***ed up for that to happen lol.

So weird seeing LeBron with the somewhat crispy waves on his head lol. And mannnnnn, imagine Gil and Lebron on the same team???? Goddamn can you imagine a better archetype as a guard. They'd basically be what LeBron and Kyrie should've been except Gil could actually lead a bench mob to positive results when LeBron sits, unlike that moron Kyrie
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
Ainosterhaspie
Starter
And1: 2,231

Post#1905 » by Ainosterhaspie » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:52 am

Dupp wrote:I’m not too stressed about the Lakers off season as long as they retain kcp. Assume dwights gone and they’ll sign boogie. They can live without him. Rondo too but they’ll probably try harder to keep him.

I know traditional fives are disappearing and it seems easy to replace them, but after watching the effect of not having one who was up to snuff from 2011 to 2018, losing Dwight without a solid replacement makes me real nervous. He may be unplayable sometimes and only needed a little here and there, but if you don't have the option when you need it, it can really hurt.
kayess
Sixth Man

Post#1906 » by kayess » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:08 am

Heej wrote:
kayess wrote:

Man I feel.like watching that the times he got into the paint in the half court was getting a pick vs drop coverage and having a runway. So different from now where they'd try to switch or show and just wall off the paint. Kinda crazy to see the Wizards went to zone at one point. LeBron must've had Eddie Jordan mentally f***ed up for that to happen lol.

So weird seeing LeBron with the somewhat crispy waves on his head lol. And mannnnnn, imagine Gil and Lebron on the same team???? Goddamn can you imagine a better archetype as a guard. They'd basically be what LeBron and Kyrie should've been except Gil could actually lead a bench mob to positive results when LeBron sits, unlike that moron Kyrie

One other thing I failed to mention here: Arenas' analysis gets posted a lot and he is deadeye accurate with most of them, but what's surprising/unsurprising is even in 2006, as he was facing him in the playoffs, you get the sense that he absolutely knew LeBron was going to exceed all the hype.

I was more a Kobe fan back then (very dark days), but I absolutely loved Arenas and wished he would beat Kobe for best player in the league lmao. When he got hot, there's really like <10 players who could really match him
toodles23
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,440

Post#1907 » by toodles23 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:27 am

Heej wrote:
kayess wrote:

I liked that segment at the beginning when they were listing all of Lebron's "youngest ever" accomplishments, and here are 15 years later and he just had the best age 35 season ever.
kayess
Sixth Man

Post#1908 » by kayess » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:35 am

toodles23 wrote:
Heej wrote:
kayess wrote:

I liked that segment at the beginning when they were listing all of Lebron's "youngest ever" accomplishments, and here are 15 years later and he just had the best age 35 season ever.

He legitimately might have all the youngest AND oldest ever accomplishments lmao

Though Karl and Kareem aren't going to make that easy
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,612

Post#1909 » by nzahir » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:36 am

Damn its almost been a week since Lebron is a champion again, feels great

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1315793255150186497%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3%2Ccontainerclick_1&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D2006217start%3D360
Heej
General Manager

Post#1910 » by Heej » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:43 am

kayess wrote:
Heej wrote:
kayess wrote:

One other thing I failed to mention here: Arenas' analysis gets posted a lot and he is deadeye accurate with most of them, but what's surprising/unsurprising is even in 2006, as he was facing him in the playoffs, you get the sense that he absolutely knew LeBron was going to exceed all the hype.

I was more a Kobe fan back then (very dark days), but I absolutely loved Arenas and wished he would beat Kobe for best player in the league lmao. When he got hot, there's really like <10 players who could really match him

Honestly man, his analysis on a game level is by far the best I've seen out of all the former players in terms of just stream of consciousness talking about the nuances of the game. You can tell this guy is something of a savant or creative genius when you hear him talk about basketball. And yup, that part where they interviewed Gil it's like he didn't just have zero hesitation mentioning LeBron in the same breath as Michael Jordan; he clearly just nonchalantly expected it after extrapolating from everything he's observed about Bron up to that point. He's sharp man. Love his podcast. Just hate the annoying white dude on it that tries to interject all the time.
kayess
Sixth Man

Post#1911 » by kayess » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:04 am

Heej wrote:
kayess wrote:
Heej wrote:Man I feel.like watching that the times he got into the paint in the half court was getting a pick vs drop coverage and having a runway. So different from now where they'd try to switch or show and just wall off the paint. Kinda crazy to see the Wizards went to zone at one point. LeBron must've had Eddie Jordan mentally f***ed up for that to happen lol.

Honestly man, his analysis on a game level is by far the best I've seen out of all the former players in terms of just stream of consciousness talking about the nuances of the game. You can tell this guy is something of a savant or creative genius when you hear him talk about basketball. And yup, that part where they interviewed Gil it's like he didn't just have zero hesitation mentioning LeBron in the same breath as Michael Jordan; he clearly just nonchalantly expected it after extrapolating from everything he's observed about Bron up to that point. He's sharp man. Love his podcast. Just hate the annoying white dude on it that tries to interject all the time.

I think he lacks some nuance on macro trends, like his take on analytics (it's bad for everyone else, because you don't have Steph/Draymond/etc.), but I agree, in terms of like concrete stuff that happens on the court and how it propagates, like a ripple, onto the larger game, his stuff is immaculate.

Could really use some **** punctuation and paragraphs though, dear god.
Heej
General Manager

Post#1912 » by Heej » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:30 am

It's interesting watching those 09 Bron highlights. I never realized until now just how upright Lebron used to be as a dribbler/attacker. Like all of his crossovers are so high and even his stance he doesn't get as low as he does now on everything. I never realized back in the day just how much more fat he had to trim in his game, just in terms of little nuanced fundamental techniques. I guess this is a big reason why Jordan's peak was so high even though he lacked a lot in other facets as far as IQ goes. Just his technique in terms of his footwork and how low and controlled he could get in his crossovers were so advanced relative to his age and athleticism. I guess Lebron just invested a lot of his development points in the more macro team stuff and later on was able to refine his individual technique. When people talk about how well Lebron's aged this is a big part of it. His movement patterns are so much more optimized now it's ridiculous. Not to mention his problem solving ability.
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,685

Post#1913 » by Homer38 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:46 pm

Read on Twitter
JulesWinnfield
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,354

Post#1914 » by JulesWinnfield » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:02 pm

This is a weird post. I had an idea the other day at work and a co worker (Lebron Stan who puts all of you to shame lol, I mean this dude thinks Lebron will play until he’s like 45 and still has another act with the Knicks when he’s done in LA, I often find myself on the other side of Bron arguments with him because he’s such a homer) draws a little bit and is gonna try and put it together...

You take the Jordan logo, only Lebron is flying in behind for the chase down. A bit poetic right? Basically encapsulates all the basketball talk for the past decade. Lebron chasing down the MJ legacy. I’m only posting this on the 0.00001% chance someone reads this and it sparks the inspiration in them too, because I draw like a 6 year old. I’d love to see that design done well
Heej
General Manager

Post#1915 » by Heej » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:16 pm

JulesWinnfield wrote:This is a weird post. I had an idea the other day at work and a co worker (Lebron Stan who puts all of you to shame lol, I mean this dude thinks Lebron will play until he’s like 45 and still has another act with the Knicks when he’s done in LA, I often find myself on the other side of Bron arguments with him because he’s such a homer) draws a little bit and is gonna try and put it together...

You take the Jordan logo, only Lebron is flying in behind for the chase down. A bit poetic right? Basically encapsulates all the basketball talk for the past decade. Lebron chasing down the MJ legacy. I’m only posting this on the 0.00001% chance someone reads this and it sparks the inspiration in them too, because I draw like a 6 year old. I’d love to see that design done well

Lmaooo if y'all make a shirt out of it lemme get in on that pre-order :lol:
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,685

Post#1916 » by Homer38 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:07 pm

JulesWinnfield
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,354

Post#1917 » by JulesWinnfield » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:54 pm

Heej wrote:
JulesWinnfield wrote:This is a weird post. I had an idea the other day at work and a co worker (Lebron Stan who puts all of you to shame lol, I mean this dude thinks Lebron will play until he’s like 45 and still has another act with the Knicks when he’s done in LA, I often find myself on the other side of Bron arguments with him because he’s such a homer) draws a little bit and is gonna try and put it together...

I think a silouhette action shot of Lebron with the block on Igoudala or some other block coming up behind the Jordan logo would look amazing....and cause heads to explode lol.
dcstanley
Sixth Man
And1: 1,281

Post#1918 » by dcstanley » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:49 pm

Heej wrote:
kayess wrote:
Heej wrote:Man I feel.like watching that the times he got into the paint in the half court was getting a pick vs drop coverage and having a runway. So different from now where they'd try to switch or show and just wall off the paint. Kinda crazy to see the Wizards went to zone at one point. LeBron must've had Eddie Jordan mentally f***ed up for that to happen lol.

I just saw this Gil quote on the front page of R/NBA:

"When the 90's players talking about how y'all soft, we would have put y'all on your ass...You're little! You're a little kid! We gain weight when we're older, these mfs are 60-70 years old, 185 lbs still. Like come on now, shut up. You're not even on a diet, you're just a little guy.

Like I remember..even like GP, he was a defensive stopper. He was literally a defensive stopper. My second year, I'm posting him up. You're little, 185. I was afraid of you my rookie year, I don't know why, you're little. Even John Stockton, you guys are little!...You were guys were defensive guys?! It became a joke, like put the two guard on me man, these point guards are just too little. That's what people don't understand, evolution"

He's one of the only former players that doesn't denigrate the quality of play today in order to glorify the past.
Heej
General Manager

Post#1919 » by Heej » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:09 pm

JulesWinnfield wrote:
Heej wrote:

I think a silouhette action shot of Lebron with the block on Igoudala or some other block coming up behind the Jordan logo would look amazing....and cause heads to explode lol.

LMFAO I can't imagine the looks you would get wearing that. I love the concept. Wish I could draw
Sublime187
Rookie
And1: 1,091

Post#1920 » by Sublime187 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:26 pm

I really hope the Lakers dont get Paul. Firstly, with no great role players Bron will have to do some heavy lifting again in the RS which we probably dont want at this point. I think its better to spread the money out and try to get better at each position. Furthermore, Paul gets hurt and that is that.

Return to Player Comparisons