ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors interested in Dwight Howard

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Warriors interested in Dwight Howard 

Post#61 » by Mylie10 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:57 am

Little Digger wrote:Wiseman went up against a 7 footer in high school that was better than him..

But I’d probably still take him at 2

Yes....and Evan Mosley is better than him.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#62 » by jason bourne » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:05 am

Mylie10 wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:I'm genuinely going to be worried about Mylie when we don't draft Wiseman

I’ll be on suicide watch.

The last time I was this invested was In Kawhi’s draft. But over time Klay has soothed that pain.

I think you'll be okay with Jaylen Brown/Marcus Smart + #14, #26, and #30 for Andrew Wiggins + #2 pick (James Wiseman).
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#63 » by Mylie10 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:12 am

jason bourne wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:I'm genuinely going to be worried about Mylie when we don't draft Wiseman

The last time I was this invested was In Kawhi’s draft. But over time Klay has soothed that pain.

I think you'll be okay with Jaylen Brown/Marcus Smart + #14, #26, and #30 for Andrew Wiggins + #2 pick (James Wiseman).

Maybe if that had a chance in hell of happening. But it doesn’t. The Celtics won’t be dealing Brown.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#64 » by ShayDee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:13 am

Mylie10 wrote:
Little Digger wrote:Wiseman went up against a 7 footer in high school that was better than him..

But I’d probably still take him at 2

Yes....and Evan Mosley is better than him.

I wouldn't use the term better. More fire is more like it. If Wiseman had what Mobley had, He'd be next shaq
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#65 » by Mylie10 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:16 am

Mylie10 wrote:

I’ll be fine. I’m just going to go on a campaign to fire whomever is responsible.
Khoee wrote “
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#66 » by jason bourne » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:22 am

Mylie10 wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

Maybe if that had a chance in hell of happening. But it doesn’t. The Celtics won’t be dealing Brown.

I think they'll deal Jaylen Brown/Marcus Smart + their 2020 FRPs for Wiggins + #2 pick. Wiggins is still young and would be joining their starters of Walker, Brown/Smart, Wiggins, Tatum, and Wiseman. Theis and Williams can cover until Wiseman is up to speed. That could give them a potential four All-Stars as starters in the near future assuming Wiseman pans out.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#67 » by ShayDee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:25 am

jason bourne wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

I think they'll deal Jaylen Brown/Marcus Smart + their 2020 FRPs for Wiggins + #2 pick. Wiggins is still young and would be joining their starters of Walker, Brown/Smart, Wiggins, Tatum, and Wiseman. Theis and Williams can cover until Wiseman is up to speed. That could give them a potential four All-Stars as starters in the near future assuming Wiseman pans out.

0% chance they deal anyone of Tatum/Brown/Smart unless a superstar is available then it will be Brown/Smart. Hayward is the only player they will trade, along with all those useless young players on their roster.

Also no team wants to trade with Celtics. Danny Ainge has a history os fleecing people and FOs around the league are scared of him

Also no team in their right sense of mind will ever take Wiggins. It will take us at least 2 FRPs to get off his contract and I am not sure the FO will do such a thing for any non allstar player. No contending team will take Wiggins as well so people need to get those trades out unless it's a bad contract swap. E.g Hoford for Wiggins/CP3 for Wiggins/ Wesbrook for Wiggins/Love for Wiggins/ Blake for Wiggins like that
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#68 » by Mylie10 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:29 am

That trade would never happen.

The only guy mentioned out of Brown Tatum and Smart that might be moving on is Smart. Brown and Tatum will be staying put.
Khoee wrote “
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#69 » by Mylie10 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:47 am

There’s a potential deal that might not have to have a really good pick or picks attached to it.

For instance if we wanted to take Blake Griffin, I’m sure you could almost do a straight up trade.
Khoee wrote “
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,836

Post#70 » by whatisacenter » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:45 am

Mylie10 wrote:There’s a potential deal that might not have to have a really good pick or picks attached to it.

For instance if we wanted to take Blake Griffin, I’m sure you could almost do a straight up trade.

why in the world would the Warriors want Blake and what would be going out in a trade?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#71 » by Mylie10 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:48 am

whatisacenter wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:There’s a potential deal that might not have to have a really good pick or picks attached to it.

why in the world would the Warriors want Blake and what would be going out in a trade?

We wouldn’t, I wouldn’t.

Merely pointing out that you probably wouldn’t have to attach picks to Wiggins to trade him for Blake.
Khoee wrote “
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#72 » by Coxy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:06 am

Jaylen Brown would be an unlreal get for us. The more I think about it, I'm not sure there would be a more perfect fit for us at SF. A lineup featuring Curry/Klay/Jaylen/Draymond/5th player by matchup, would be lethal and gives me wood.
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#73 » by ShayDee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:11 am

Coxy wrote:Jaylen Brown would be an unlreal get for us. The more I think about it, I'm not sure there would be a more perfect fit for us at SF. A lineup featuring Curry/Klay/Jaylen/Draymond/5th player by matchup, would be lethal and gives me wood.

Precious at 14

Tyler Bey/Pal Reed/Oturu/Zeke Nnaji/Tillman/Reggie Perry/Tillie at 26/30

With Bane/Sam Merrill off the bench
Offense and defense. Best starting 5
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#74 » by jason bourne » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:40 pm

ShayDee wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

0% chance they deal anyone of Tatum/Brown/Smart unless a superstar is available then it will be Brown/Smart. Hayward is the only player they will trade, along with all those useless young players on their roster.

Also no team wants to trade with Celtics. Danny Ainge has a history os fleecing people and FOs around the league are scared of him

Also no team in their right sense of mind will ever take Wiggins. It will take us at least 2 FRPs to get off his contract and I am not sure the FO will do such a thing for any non allstar player. No contending team will take Wiggins as well so people need to get those trades out unless it's a bad contract swap. E.g Hoford for Wiggins/CP3 for Wiggins/ Wesbrook for Wiggins/Love for Wiggins/ Blake for Wiggins like that

Then there is no use of picking James Wiseman at #2. I thought it's all about Wiseman as an All-Star in his third year like Bam Adebayo, but longer, better shot blocker, and a rim runner. It's out in the open now. I've been right all along. Wiseman is soft poo poo.

If not Wiseman, then no use of picking LaMelo Ball if he's there and trading Kemba Walker. I am sick of the weak ass Celtics and pussy faced Danny Ainge. They are feces and deserve to be beaten to a pulp by the likes of the Bucks, Raptors, Heat, Pacers, and even the Sixers next season and every season. The fans on the GB are emphasizing Bill Russell is overrated (played when only about 10 teams) and others like MJ and LeBron accomplished a more difficult feat getting their rings.

I'm okay with keeping Wiggins as I think he'll improve his 3-pt shooting and play some defense. The Celtics can keep their old man Hayward.

ImageImage
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#75 » by ShayDee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:44 pm

jason bourne wrote:
ShayDee wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

Then there is no use of picking James Wiseman at #2. I thought it's all about Wiseman as an All-Star in his third year like Bam Adebayo, but longer, better shot blocker, and a rim runner. It's out in the open now. I've been right all along. Wiseman is soft poo poo.

If not Wiseman, then no use of picking LaMelo Ball if he's there and trading Kemba Walker. I am sick of the weak ass Celtics and pussy faced Danny Ainge. They are feces and deserve to be beaten to a pulp by the likes of the Bucks, Raptors, Heat, Pacers, and even the Sixers next season and every season. The fans on the GB are emphasizing Bill Russell is overrated (played when only about 10 teams) and others like MJ and LeBron accomplished a more difficult feat getting their rings.

I'm okay with keeping Wiggins as I think he'll improve his 3-pt shooting and play some defense. The Celtics can keep their old man Hayward.

If the Celtics or Spurs want to trade up for a player, just know the player is very special. these teams hardly do those sort of transactions during draft night, so no your analogy makes no sense.

If Spurs draft Wiseman, just know he is the next David Robinson
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 362

Post#76 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:28 pm

ShayDee wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
ShayDee wrote:

If the Celtics or Spurs want to trade up for a player, just know the player is very special. these teams hardly do those sort of transactions during draft night, so no your analogy makes no sense.

If Spurs draft Wiseman, just know he is the next David Robinson

J-Bourne, thoughts? :P
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#77 » by ShayDee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:32 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Image

J-Bourne, thoughts? :P

You are omitting the context. I said IF spurs daft him
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 362

Post#78 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:34 pm

ShayDee, you really think he can have a similar production as the Admiral right when gets into the league? I respect why and how you see Wiseman being great, but lets not get ahead of ourselves:

ShayDee
Rookie

Post#79 » by ShayDee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:38 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:ShayDee, you really think he can have a similar production as the Admiral right when gets into the league? I respect why and how you see Wiseman being great, but lets not get ahead of ourselves:

Yes if he goes to spurs,

Also what was David Robinson good at in college? Scoring(mainly through dunks and midrange), Blocking shots(rim protection) and rebounding. What is Wiseman good at the same thing

He averaged 0.8 assists in college but in NBA over his carrier he averaged 2.5 assists and became a more versatile player in terms of IQ, ball handling and better post game
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#80 » by ShayDee » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:51 pm

ShayDee wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:ShayDee, you really think he can have a similar production as the Admiral right when gets into the league? I respect why and how you see Wiseman being great, but lets not get ahead of ourselves:

Yes if he goes to spurs,

Also what was David Robinson good at in college? Scoring(mainly through dunks and midrange), Blocking shots(rim protection) and rebounding. What is Wiseman good at the same thing

He averaged 0.8 assists in college but in NBA over his carrier he averaged 2.5 assists and became a more versatile player in terms of IQ, ball handling and better post game

Actually no scratch that. He won't be Robinson, but he will be a really good player averaging at least 23/11/2 with 3 blocks if he takes at least 12 shots a game

Return to Golden State Warriors