Warriors need to trade for Paul George

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Warriors need to trade for Paul George 

Post#61 » by Mylie10 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:47 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:More likely the Clippers will be moving on from Harrell, Lou, and Beverly.

Those three supposedly didn’t care for Kawhi and George getting preferential treatment.

Beverly doesn't want to play for the Warriors, he would be interesting to add in a "want to screw over Kawhi and PG?" way.

I wasn’t suggesting trading for any of them. I was pointing out that those 3 were more likely to be moved than George.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#62 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:59 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:More likely the Clippers will be moving on from Harrell, Lou, and Beverly.

Those three supposedly didn’t care for Kawhi and George getting preferential treatment.

Beverly doesn't want to play for the Warriors, he would be interesting to add in a "want to screw over Kawhi and PG?" way.

I wasn’t suggesting trading for any of them. I was pointing out that those 3 were more likely to be moved than George.

Yeah, and I agree, I was just going further to say that of those 3 Beverly would be an interesting add.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#63 » by lars_rosenberg » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:15 pm

I would attempt a three teams trade with Washington: Wiggins + #2 to the Wizards, Beal to LA and PG to GSW. I think we would also have to send Looney to LA for salary match.
PG is a perfect fit with this team and having Curry and Klay next to him would help his game tremendously and take some pressure off of him.
I think Beal is pretty much the best Clippers can get for PG after his terrible playoff performance and Washington needs a tank commander and young prospects to rebuild so Wiggins + #2 looks a decent offer to me.
I much prefer PG over Beal for the Dubs because of position and defense. PG would work much better as second/third option and is a 3&D player, who can also play the 4 in death lineup.
Beal doesn't defend well and doesn't have the size to play both wing positions.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#64 » by xdrta+ » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:45 pm

lars_rosenberg wrote:I would attempt a three teams trade with Washington: Wiggins + #2 to the Wizards, Beal to LA and PG to GSW. I think we would also have to send Looney to LA for salary match.

No, the Warriors wouldn't have to add anything. If they send out Wiggins they can take back 125% of his salary which would cover George. The only hitch in that plan that I see is that, IMO, there is no chance the Clips trade George. I would bet big on that.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#65 » by lars_rosenberg » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:07 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:I would attempt a three teams trade with Washington: Wiggins + #2 to the Wizards, Beal to LA and PG to GSW. I think we would also have to send Looney to LA for salary match.

No, the Warriors wouldn't have to add anything. If they send out Wiggins they can take back 125% of his salary which would cover George. The only hitch in that plan that I see is that, IMO, there is no chance the Clips trade George. I would bet big on that.

Don't underestimate Ballmer :lol:
https://itsgame7.com/steve-ballmer-wanted-to-trade-all-clippers-players-fire-all-coaches/#:~:text=Steve%20Ballmer%20Wanted%20To%20Trade%20All%20Clippers%20Players%2C%20Fire%20All%20Coaches,-Anthony%20Amador%20October&text=Team%20owner%20Steve%20Ballmer.,and%20fire%20all%20the%20coaches.

Return to Golden State Warriors