ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond...

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,306

Re: Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond... 

Post#761 » by Beenie » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:07 pm

puppa bear wrote:Serious question: who would you be willing to forgo the 2021 FA plan for? What player(s) would you deal a package of 20th/future 1st/Nunn/KO/Iggy + Herro or Duncan for?

If we could get Harden in a trade for all of the above, would a core of Harden/Jimmy/Bam with resigning Dragic/Jae/Leonard and adding a MLE player be enough to go back to the Finals? Is there another player you would give that package up for?

Trading Herro is almost unfathomable but for Harden I think the idea requires real consideration. I wouldnt trade the farm for him but a package around Herro, Nunn, fillers and picks is a price I could probably live with. That team would undoubtedly be the favorites in the east.
Beenie
Assistant Coach

Post#762 » by Beenie » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:43 pm

Harden talk starts around the 2:30 mark.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,120

Post#763 » by twix2500 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:11 pm

Getting Harden to add to Butler and Bam will make a trio similar to Pierce, Allen and Garnett trio.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#764 » by IggieCC » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:40 pm

Yes, except they are completely different players and super weird fit lmao

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#765 » by IggieCC » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:00 pm

KG, PP, RA are one of the best fit big 3s in NBA history imo.. they just formed too late. if happened 5 years ago, would have been game over for the league let alone East.

suppose Harden, Bam, Butler could win it by sheer talent level (somewhat similarly to Heat big 3) but won't be an easy integration at all. could get ugly and would probably be only 2 year window max due to wear/age on Harden and Jimmy. but I'ma let's go crazy and if we get burnt we get burnt kinda fan so I'd be down with it. Not sure how we get Harden without giving up Bam though.. we'd most likely have to gut the rest of the roster :dontknow:
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,404

Post#766 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:15 pm

Why should we gut to team to trade for Harden when there's a real chance we can add Giannis/Kawhi/P. Gorge/Jrue Holiday/Oladipo for free (no assets given) if we wait 1 year?
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
HeatingUp3
Veteran
And1: 4,879

Post#767 » by HeatingUp3 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:32 pm

Nah Harden can't handle the culture. Jimmy won't like that move. Harden isn't a fit here in my eyes. I think we gonna go all in on the freak.
MartyCONLONNN
Analyst
And1: 2,315

Post#768 » by MartyCONLONNN » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:43 pm

I think it's fairly clear that Miami is all in on Giannis. The real question is what re-tooling, if any, do they attempt this offseason. How does the Oladipo situation unfold? Does he somehow become part of the pitch for 2021? This offseason will be interesting on the ramifications of Bam's extension decision alone.
Beenie
Assistant Coach

Post#769 » by Beenie » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:53 pm

I kinda think of 'Heat Harden' as a bigger, better, bearded version of Dragic.

Kinda.

He would have to be tamed by the culture, though.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#770 » by IggieCC » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:20 pm

Beenie wrote:I kinda think of 'Heat Harden' as a bigger, better, bearded version of Dragic.

Kinda.

It's possible given the fact that he's running out of time. bish will certainly tell u that it's passible.

a lot of IFs though.. but it's a long shot we get him so i ain't be losing sleep over it.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#771 » by IggieCC » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:20 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Why should we gut to team to trade for Harden when there's a real chance we can add Giannis/Kawhi/P. Gorge/Jrue Holiday/Oladipo for free (no assets given) if we wait 1 year?

:dontknow:
Beenie
Assistant Coach

Post#772 » by Beenie » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:41 pm

IggieCC wrote:
Beenie wrote:I kinda think of 'Heat Harden' as a bigger, better, bearded version of Dragic.

Kinda.

It's possible given the fact that he's running out of time. bish will certainly tell u that it's passible.

a lot of IFs though.. but it's a long shot we get him so i ain't be losing sleep over it.

What's compelling about Harden's situation, even if it's a longshot, is that Hou will have a new coach, a new GM, and there are rumbles that Westbrook might get moved. Their fanbase, from what I've seen, are polarized on whether they support keeping Harden. In other words, the conditions for him to change teams are fertile. And knowing how Mia operates, Riley would do his due diligence, to be sure.

Agreed, though, it's still unlikely; just as every rumor is.
Jfh20
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,773

Post#773 » by Jfh20 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:53 pm

id trade herro/nunn for harden in a heartbeat. Giannis leaving milwaukee is very unlikely, so waiting another year and missing out on harden would be a misopportunity for nothing. The heat also have a habbit of making players play better than what there capable of, cant imagine what spo could do with a MVP talent like harden.
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#774 » by IggieCC » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:56 pm

Dc__20 wrote:In other news Miami is 7th on BR power rankings... lol!

disrespeck is real :lol:

we'll improve more than most of "top teams" just by internal growth/development of young players alone but what do i know :dontknow:
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,120

Post#775 » by twix2500 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:07 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:Why should we gut to team to trade for Harden when there's a real chance we can add Giannis/Kawhi/P. Gorge/Jrue Holiday/Oladipo for free (no assets given) if we wait 1 year?
Are you really confident in getting Giannis?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,404

Post#776 » by RexBoyWonder » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:40 pm

twix2500 wrote:

Depends how you define confident.

It's far from a sure thing, but I'm confident we have a real shot to get Giannis next year.

Considering cap space situations, contending teams, city and organizations - It's fair to say it's a 3 team race :

Giannis either stays in Milwaukee, Goes to Dallas, or come here.

The Bucks are in a tough spot because they're ageing and don't have much flexibility to get better. If they fail again this year, there's a real chance Giannis wants out.

Dallas has a lot riding on 7'2 C with a torn ACL and MCL. And Luka is a very high usage, primary ball handler - not a fit next Giannis.

So I'd say we have at least a 40% to get him as of right now.

If we do get him, it's not only that he's a much better 2 way player then Harden, He's also much younger, fit better with the culture, and will provide a much longer window to contend. He also won't cost us Herro/Duncan/Nunn/Bam like Harden would.

Even Jrue Holiday, who is a lesser player then Harden - would be a better addition then Harden simply because I much rather have

Jrue + Butler + Bam + Herro + Duncan + KZ + Nunn + keep our future draft picks

then have

Harden + Jimmy + Bam and no one else around then because they were all traded to get Harden. (Harden probably costs us Bam too BTW)

We need to think big picture here. It's not just whos the better player, it's also about about to cost of getting him, his fit and age.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Beenie
Assistant Coach

Post#777 » by Beenie » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:09 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
twix2500 wrote:

Depends how you define confident.

It's far from a sure thing, but I'm confident we have a real shot to get Giannis next year.

Considering cap space situations, contending teams, city and organizations - It's fair to say it's a 3 team race :

Giannis either stays in Milwaukee, Goes to Dallas, or come here.

The Bucks are in a tough spot because they're ageing and don't have much flexibility to get better. If they fail again this year, there's a real chance Giannis wants out.

Dallas has a lot riding on 7'2 C with a torn ACL and MCL. And Luka is a very high usage, primary ball handler - not a fit next Giannis.

So I'd say we have at least a 40% to get him as of right now.

If we do get him, it's not only that he's a much better 2 way player then Harden, He's also much younger, fit better with the culture, and will provide a much longer window to contend. He also won't cost us Herro/Duncan/Nunn/Bam like Harden would.

Even Jrue Holiday, who is a lesser player then Harden - would be a better addition then Harden simply because I much rather have

Jrue + Butler + Bam + Herro + Duncan + KZ + Nunn + keep our future draft picks

then have

Harden + Jimmy + Bam and no one else around then because they were all traded to get Harden. (Harden probably costs us Bam too BTW)

We need to think big picture here. It's not just whos the better player, it's also about about to cost of getting him, his fit and age.

This guy thinks it's between Mil, Tor, and Mia.

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#778 » by IggieCC » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:10 pm

It's pretty simple if we can trade for a top 15 talent without giving up Jimmy and Bam, you'd have to do it and worry about the rest.

LeBron
KD
Kawhi
Giannis
Steph
Luka
AD
Harden
Jimmy
D Lillard
Jokic
DMitchell
PG13
CP3 (maybe the only one we don't do due to his age and salary.. tuff call)
J Murray

who am I missing? the talent pool is pretty deep rn

Grey zone: Klay (knee), Beal (probably yes), Biid, Simmons, KAT, Siakam, Tatum, Middleton

Most of them are unrealistic options but I can see why some people would jump for Harden if attainable because there is no guarantee that any of them is going to be there for us in 2021 esp if Giannis is gone.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#779 » by HeatIn5 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:19 pm

Guys come on.... imagine Harden in HEAT shape???

if you can keep Herro, you give it all.

Duncan, Nunn, Kelly, Iggy and 2 1sts

Do that after signing Bertans and Noel

Resign Dragic and Crowder with bird rights

Dragic/We always find good summer league PG's
Harden/Herro
Jimmy/KZ
Bertans/Jae
Bam/Noel
Read on Twitter
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,750

Post#780 » by greg4012 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:30 pm

AirP. wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:

IF we can make sure he's not a Hassan type headcase,

And IF we can make sure it won't jeopardize our max cap spot for 2021-2022...

Got to admit he looks good. But a lot of IF's.

greg4012 wrote:
I'm posting a bit about Wood because he is intriguing as hell, while also being a unique circumstance that promising young talent on an upward trajectory is an UFA. That's not common.

But, don't get me wrong. I'm still iffy on him. A lot of uncertainty and it can easily become cost prohibitive. He's just one of the more intriguing options and if he's legit it's a damn good fit.

Detroit won't be letting Woods go without offering him more money then Miami would consider giving him, outside of B.Griffin, Detroit doesn't have anyone who will make more then 12.2 million on their roster for next season and they need to get/keep as much younger talent/assets as they can get. Not sure why anyone thinks Woods won't look for basically the most money he can get especially with him being 25 now and only have made 2-5 million for his career. If you're a possible Finals team next year and beyond, you're not going to risk that type of money on a guy who put up big numbers for PART of a season on a bad team.

Also, Detroit felt comfortable moving forward with Woods that they decided to move Drummond and once they did he took off like they expected.

I'm not ready to assume dumb franchises will operate with logic

Return to Miami Heat