Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread #2

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Re: NBA Trade Thread #2 

Post#401 » by MrFortune3 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:39 pm

CubbyBear2290 wrote:Hello, friends. Just had an idea that I was bouncing off of others in a Twitter chat I'm in. How would everyone feel about a deal for James Harden that looked like:

Rockets Receive:
Zach LaVine
Lauri Markkanen
Thaddeus Young
#4 Overall
'21 First Unprotected

Bulls Receive:
James Harden

I feel like it'd be a logical move for both sides. Factoring in you're no longer paying Zach, Young, and not having to extend Lauri I believe they'd have enough money in '21 to make a play for Giannis, PG, Kawhi, ETC.

Obviously we still need to know if the Rockets are blowing everything up. But, I feel as though this is a strong offer.

I'd rather become a damn Knicks fan.
bullskokie
Senior
And1: 241

Post#402 » by bullskokie » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:50 pm

Otto Porter Jr. & #4 for Andrew Wiggins, Golden State #2, #4 (from Bulls) & Kevon Looney for Joel Embiid.
dalton749
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#403 » by dalton749 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:53 pm

I think if Chicago and Houston were to make a deal it would end up being for Westbrook, not harden. Harden would cost too much and there wouldn’t be a team left around him. Banking on him drawing a free agent in 2021 when everyone has cap space is too risky.

Im not sure how keen Billy would be to have Westbrook again, but in a better shooting environment maybe it would work.

Westbrook, Covington
For
Porter, felicio, Carter, white, #4

then

Young, santoransky
For
Horford, #21

Westbrook
Lavine
Covington
Markkanen
Horford

That is the starting 5 of a 50 win team and as good of a fit as you can get for the players involved.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,630

Post#404 » by Dez » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:02 pm

dalton749 wrote:I think if Chicago and Houston were to make a deal it would end up being for Westbrook, not harden. Harden would cost too much and there wouldn’t be a team left around him. Banking on him drawing a free agent in 2021 when everyone has cap space is too risky.

Im not sure how keen Billy would be to have Westbrook again, but in a better shooting environment maybe it would work.

Westbrook, Covington
For

then

Young, santoransky
For
Horford, #21

Westbrook
Lavine
Covington
Markkanen
Horford

That is the starting 5 of a 50 win team and as good of a fit as you can get for the players involved.

Holy sweet mother of God no.

No Westbrook and sure as hell not for all that.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#405 » by MrFortune3 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:07 pm

dalton749 wrote:I think if Chicago and Houston were to make a deal it would end up being for Westbrook, not harden. Harden would cost too much and there wouldn’t be a team left around him. Banking on him drawing a free agent in 2021 when everyone has cap space is too risky.

Westbrook, Covington
For

then

Young, santoransky
For
Horford, #21

Westbrook
Lavine
Covington
Markkanen
Horford

Nah hell. No way would we trade for Westbrook. The goal is to introduce more ball movement and get quality looks on offense. Westbrook is not going to help that. More importantly, given his contract, Houston is adding picks for us to take him on, not us dealing #4.
dalton749
Lead Assistant

Post#406 » by dalton749 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:11 pm

Dez wrote:

Westbrook, Covington
For

then

Young, santoransky
For
Horford, #21

Westbrook
Lavine
Covington
Markkanen
Horford

I’m no bulls fan but I don’t see any of those assets being worth anything of significance. Porter and felicio is just moving a year of bad money which lessens the negative value of Westbrook. Carter looks to be a decent role player, white doesn’t project to be the lead ball handler of a playoff team imo and this draft sucks.

I’d rather see the bulls get off of the crappy treadmill and compete without giving up any long term assets in a deal. Lavine and markkanen would at least have a chance to excel in that scenario.
Dez
Head Coach

Post#407 » by Dez » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:26 pm

dalton749 wrote:
Dez wrote:

Westbrook, Covington
For

then

Young, santoransky
For
Horford, #21

Westbrook
Lavine
Covington
Markkanen
Horford

I’m no bulls fan but I don’t see any of those assets being worth anything of significance. Porter and felicio is just moving a year of bad money which lessens the negative value of Westbrook. Carter looks to be a decent role player, white doesn’t project to be the lead ball handler of a playoff team imo and this draft sucks.

I’d rather see the bulls get off of the crappy treadmill and compete without giving up any long term assets in a deal. Lavine and markkanen would at least have a chance to excel in that scenario.

Porter and Felicio are expiring contracts.

Carter and White are 21 and 20 with good potential.

This trade puts Chicago firmly on that crappy treadmill with absolutely no way to improve, it's just bad for Chicago all round.
dalton749
Lead Assistant

Post#408 » by dalton749 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:42 pm

Dez wrote:
dalton749 wrote:
Dez wrote:Holy sweet mother of God no.

This trade puts Chicago firmly on that crappy treadmill with absolutely no way to improve, it's just bad for Chicago all round.

The bulls aren’t attracting free agents in 2021 as they are constructed right now. Those guys are just bad money that will turn into nothing of relevance unless they trade them this year for a star on a bad contact.

Carter and white have meh potential, they aren’t going to make or break the bulls future. That said, it’s is possible to keep one of them out of the deal then do it.

Every team that isn’t a true contender is “on the treadmill” until they aren’t. It’s much easier to go from a jog to a run than it is from a crawl. If the bulls don’t make a move, they’ll just add another meh prospect at 4 and be in the same situation next draft selling hope.

By doing this they would have plenty of room to improve. They haven’t mortgaged their future in any meaningful way and lavine and markkanen could actually become something good playing alongside some legit talent.
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,879

Post#409 » by nomorezorro » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:46 pm

please do not engage with the poster talking about trading three recent lottery picks for maybe the worst contract in the nba
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
Dez
Head Coach

Post#410 » by Dez » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:14 pm

dalton749 wrote:
Dez wrote:
dalton749 wrote:

The bulls aren’t attracting free agents in 2021 as they are constructed right now. Those guys are just bad money that will turn into nothing of relevance unless they trade them this year for a star on a bad contact.

Carter and white have meh potential, they aren’t going to make or break the bulls future. That said, it’s is possible to keep one of them out of the deal then do it.

Every team that isn’t a true contender is “on the treadmill” until they aren’t. It’s much easier to go from a jog to a run than it is from a crawl. If the bulls don’t make a move, they’ll just add another meh prospect at 4 and be in the same situation next draft selling hope.

By doing this they would have plenty of room to improve. They haven’t mortgaged their future in any meaningful way and lavine and markkanen could actually become something good playing alongside some legit talent.

They'll expire and give Chicago cap space which is better used than giving up very good assets for a washed up albatross contract in Westbrook.

Given that you think that trade is a good one I'm quite happy to disagree on your assessments because they aren't accurate in any way, shape or form.
dalton749
Lead Assistant

Post#411 » by dalton749 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:39 am

Dez wrote:
dalton749 wrote:
Dez wrote:

They'll expire and give Chicago cap space which is better used than giving up very good assets for a washed up albatross contract in Westbrook.

Given that you think that trade is a good one I'm quite happy to disagree on your assessments because they aren't accurate in any way, shape or form.

The cap space will just go towards signing role players for more than they are worth.

Westbrook is definitely overpaid but let’s not act like he is washed because of the abnormal bubble situation which he came into to dealing with injury and COVID. Before the season ended he was having a great year after finally playing with good spacing which the lineup I proposed offers.

I’d value the trade as 2 additional years of overpaying since porter and felicio are being offloaded + 4 in a bad draft for a top 20 player in Westbrook. Considering that pick will make like 8 mil per year to likely not be very good I’d say that is buying pretty low.

white and carter jr for a legit 3/D wing which is a very hard position to fill is a fine deal as well. White was a two week hot shooting stretch away from having a horrific rookie year and carter is as boring of a prospect as it comes. For a good team you just sign a similar level big man for the mle and call it a day, not build around him.

I think you may be overvaluing your assets
Dez
Head Coach

Post#412 » by Dez » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:58 am

dalton749 wrote:
Dez wrote:
dalton749 wrote:

The cap space will just go towards signing role players for more than they are worth.

Westbrook is definitely overpaid but let’s not act like he is washed because of the abnormal bubble situation which he came into to dealing with injury and COVID. Before the season ended he was having a great year after finally playing with good spacing which the lineup I proposed offers.

I’d value the trade as 2 additional years of overpaying since porter and felicio are being offloaded + 4 in a bad draft for a top 20 player in Westbrook. Considering that pick will make like 8 mil per year to likely not be very good I’d say that is buying pretty low.

white and carter jr for a legit 3/D wing which is a very hard position to fill is a fine deal as well. White was a two week hot shooting stretch away from having a horrific rookie year and carter is as boring of a prospect as it comes. For a good team you just sign a similar level big man for the mle and call it a day, not build around him.

Westbrook was poor this season, he's a horrible contract and is absolutely washed.

Top 20 player? The f*** are you smoking?

I'm not overvaluing anything, you're overvaluing Westbrook and undervaluing White/WCJ considerably and the 4 pick.

Just walk away, it's a disgustingly bad trade for Chicago.
dalton749
Lead Assistant

Post#413 » by dalton749 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:27 am

Dez wrote:
dalton749 wrote:
Dez wrote:

Westbrook was poor this season, he's a horrible contract and is absolutely washed.

Top 20 player? The f*** are you smoking?

I'm not overvaluing anything, you're overvaluing Westbrook and undervaluing White/WCJ considerably and the 4 pick.

Just walk away, it's a disgustingly bad trade for Chicago.

Ok well then good luck with the bench player you pick 4th this year and I hope the 7th pick works out better next season. Hopefully we see you guys back in the playoffs another few years from now.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#414 » by TheFinishSniper » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:23 am

CubbyBear2290 wrote:Hello, friends. Just had an idea that I was bouncing off of others in a Twitter chat I'm in. How would everyone feel about a deal for James Harden that looked like:

Rockets Receive:
Zach LaVine
Lauri Markkanen
Thaddeus Young
#4 Overall
'21 First Unprotected

Bulls Receive:
James Harden

I feel like it'd be a logical move for both sides. Factoring in you're no longer paying Zach, Young, and not having to extend Lauri I believe they'd have enough money in '21 to make a play for Giannis, PG, Kawhi, ETC.

Obviously we still need to know if the Rockets are blowing everything up. But, I feel as though this is a strong offer.

i do this trade any day. Not mention that Otto Porter and Felicio comes off the books with that same class. We are on good side. It's basically Harden on roster, Coby and Mr. Sato.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,086

Post#415 » by MGB8 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:53 am

Lol at that trash Westbrook trade and a troll-poster pushing it.

Good luck to Houston after trading assets for Westbrook and having to carry that garbage contract until the end, or trading assets to dump it. :lol:
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,086

Post#416 » by MGB8 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:00 am

Little Nathan wrote:
StunnerKO wrote:Wolves should try and get Beal

Sure, but unless he asks out, why would the Wizards even listen? And would Beal even want to go to Minnesota?

Wiz need to do it because Wall blocks them adding a FA to complement Beal.

#1 (Edwards) + Culver + James Johnson (possibly flipped for another player) + a future protected first for Beal would work. Wolves would be set at the 1, 2 and 5, have to add some 3 and D guys and role players, but still would have 2 late firsts towards that.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#417 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:01 am

TheFinishSniper wrote:

Rockets Receive:
Zach LaVine
Lauri Markkanen
Thaddeus Young
#4 Overall
'21 First Unprotected

Bulls Receive:
James Harden

i do this trade any day. Not mention that Otto Porter and Felicio comes off the books with that same class. We are on good side. It's basically Harden on roster, Coby and Mr. Sato.

Hello no. JH wont win you anything in playoffs! And to give up Lavine, Lauri, Young, 4# and 21' is just too much..
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#418 » by Southpaw » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:23 am

Rockets Receive:
Zach LaVine
Lauri Markkanen
Thaddeus Young
#4 Overall
'21 First Unprotected

Bulls Receive:
James Harden

This is an easy pass for me. Harden is on the older side nowadays and it'll be hard to build a team around him with what would be left of the Bulls after this trade. He might even deter Giannis from signing here with their history haha. If I'm trading our assets, I'd target someone closer to 25 than 30.
Clint Eastwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,075
Location: Taking my talents to South Beach (twice a day at times)

Post#419 » by Clint Eastwood » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:46 pm

I heard the back end of a “rumored” deal on a podcast which would involve us trading lavine and the 4 and getting back the 2 from golden state, caris levert and the 19. Not sure what golden state would get. But as much as i like lavine, I think I would have to consider a deal like this. Levert probably fits better as a 3 balancing with white. Personally i would take wiseman then at two. Sign van fleet if somehow possible. Run with

Wiseman
Lauri
Levert
White
Van Fleet

Bench
Porter
Carter Jr.
Sato
We have Martell Webster. He's called Kyle Korver here, and we shall love him and squeeze him and call him Ashton. -BrooklynBulls
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#420 » by TheStig » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:59 pm

Southpaw wrote:

Rockets Receive:
Zach LaVine
Lauri Markkanen
Thaddeus Young
#4 Overall
'21 First Unprotected

Bulls Receive:
James Harden

This is an easy pass for me. Harden is on the older side nowadays and it'll be hard to build a team around him with what would be left of the Bulls after this trade. He might even deter Giannis from signing here with their history haha. If I'm trading our assets, I'd target someone closer to 25 than 30.

And why would Harden even want to come or stay on a team with literally no one in a poor FA class? I don't think Harden gets moved until after next year if it happens. I still have faith in that team. Russ was sick with Covid and wasn't the same. They really just need to go out there and sign Bynes for the MLE and only go to the small lineup at the end of the game. It's too much to play it all the time. Even the Warriors started a C before they'd go to the death line up to close games and crucial parts.

I also don't see Westbrook getting traded. They're gonna run it back. No reason to move anyone at this point.

Return to Chicago Bulls