And1: 7,135

What we are lacking 

Post#1 » by cpower » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:10 pm

Playmaking: lacking someone to fill the role for Iggy/Livingston
Shooting: needs 1-2 solid shooters
Interior Defense: completely lacking
Rebounding: lacking
Perimeter defense: completely lacking

so looks like we need 3-4 solid players if we want to contest again. We need to find proven vets, you can't put the entire stock on Wiggins and hoping him to plug all the holes in this team. I say if we could, flip him and draft for 3 solid vets (1 bigman 2 wing) which will help with the lack of defense and shooting. Window is closing. Myers.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 206

Re: What we are lacking 

Post#2 » by B-King » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:17 pm

Need to use the TPE, MLE and for Lacob to pay the tax next year . Pick up rim protection and quality depth.
BayWarrior
Bench Warmer
And1: 688

Post#3 » by BayWarrior » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:23 pm

I don't think there will be a deal for GS to make with #2 and Wiggins without issues adding to your list. What they can do is draft Wiseman with the #2 and hope Chriss and Wiseman can handle the interior defense. If by any chance BOS is looking for another draft pick to go after an all star free agent, the Minny 2021 and Loony for Smart would be the best case scenario for GS. He fills the IGGY/Livingston role perfectly. then use the MLE to fill the rest of the holes. Gallinari would be perfect to fill the shooting role but I doubt he goes for the MLE. I don't think they will use the TPE unfortunately but there are some interesting players they might be able to get.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#4 » by xdrta+ » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:49 pm

cpower wrote:Playmaking: lacking someone to fill the role for Iggy/Livingston

so looks like we need 3-4 solid players if we want to contest again. We need to find proven vets, you can't put the entire stock on Wiggins and hoping him to plug all the holes in this team. I say if we could, flip him and draft for 3 solid vets (1 bigman 2 wing) which will help with the lack of defense and shooting. Window is closing. Myers.

With a weak draft and a terrible contract for Wiggins, who is generally regarded as a hopeless case, who in the world will give you 3 solid vets for him and the draft pick. Anyone who has a solid big man and 2 solid wings has a core to build around right there. The idea that someone would give them up for those two items is the biggest pipe dream of all.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#5 » by Kuya » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:03 pm

I definitely think we need to get another locker room leader after Dray. Steph and Klay lead through their game and not so much vocally. We had some of that in Andre and Shaun. We def need to get 1 seasoned vet.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#6 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:21 pm

Playmaking: Wiggins is a good secondary playmaker after Steph and Dray. Poole is going to be our playmaker off the bench. It would be nice to add a vet floor general but I don't think it's a deal breaker.

Shooting: Off the bench we have a bevy of solid to good shooters in Poole, Lee, Mulder and I suspect Ryan Taylor will be offered a 2-way deal at least and possibly a roster spot. That's enough shooting between our starters and bench players that I think we'll be okay. We'll probably add a vet forward who will be a capable shooter as well.

Interior defense: I think our main vet addition, either via the TPE or FA will be a center that can defend big men inside. Whether that is Tristan Thompson or more of a rim protector like Dwight Howard remains to be seen.

Rebounding: I'm not that concerned with it. We've always been a team that needs to gang rebound. Our main big man addition will help in this regard as well.

Perimeter defense: I see it as a strength. Both Wiggins and Klay will be good to outstanding perimeter defenders. Dray's versatility allows him to excel in this regard. I would like to see the Warriors use their 1st round pick to get one of the many wings that could come in and be a credible defender from day one(Williams, Vassell, Okoro, Saddiq Bey).

Curry/Poole/Vet/Bowman
Klay/Lee/Mulder/Taylor
Wiggins/1st/Vet
Dray/Paschall
Chriss/Vet/Looney/Smiley
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#7 » by Mylie10 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:27 pm

I agree with what you said are the things lacking.

I think a healthy Looney helps us more than we might realize right now. He can guard everywhere with his length. It’s just that we haven’t been able to rely on him since the Finals. And he was solid defensively in the Finals. A real soldier really.

I’m confident that if we picked Wiseman, we’d be fine at the big man spots with Draymond, Looney, Wiseman, and Chriss.

So with the TPE and MLE we look to solidify the wing spot. Both scoring and defensively if possible.

Also feel like we could get Robinson back cheaply and he’s a decent defender and shot 40% from 3. If he’s third string, you’re in good shape.

If you wanted to deal further you could see what Paschall and Minnys pick next year can get you. Throw Lee and even Smiley into that if needed. He’ll throw Poole in there as well.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#8 » by Little Digger » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:10 pm

Health and we need to replace Livingston- Iguodala and Bogut (size-defense-rebounding-hard screens-brains-passing)

All 3 of those guys weren’t known as shooters btw..I don’t see that as a big need..it would be nice though

Hoping Poole , Chriss and Paschall step it up ..but I’m not banking on it lol..

Wiggins is a nice replacement for Barnes..but we need more help for sure

Trade down and draft OKORO ..step 1..that would be my ideal draft night

Looney drives me looney..I’m not counting on that guy
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#9 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:24 pm

Little Digger wrote:Health and we need to replace Livingston- Iguodala and Bogut (size-defense-rebounding-hard screens-brains-passing)

All 3 of those guys weren’t known as shooters btw..I don’t see that as a big need

Hoping Poole , Chriss and Paschall step it up ..but I’m not banking on it lol..

Wiggins is a nice replacement for Barnes..but we need more help for sure

I'm a little dismayed that so many Warriors fans are dismissive of Paschall and Poole. Our organization excels at developing and integrating talent into our system. And, as Kerr keeps pointing out, the development between the 1st and 2nd seasons is often the biggest leap forward for a player and I see no reason that Paschall and Poole won't take significant leaps this season.

I would hope it's because most don't want to seem to overvalue their guys but I'm not afraid to say it. Both Paschall and Poole will be regular rotation players on a contender next season. 18-20 mpg for both.

Chriss is another story. I never got the impression he was a student of the game so I imagine we'll get something similar to what we got last season which is still a 20mpg rotation big.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#10 » by Little Digger » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:27 pm

I have big issues with Paschall..He needs to completely change his mindset..do a 180..Kerr even said it..

He’s got more than enough attributes to be very successful as a rebounder and tough defender..but he’s entering mid 20’s now and it has to be next season or he’s gone
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#11 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:12 am

Warriors lack toughness at PF or Center....They need that guy that will bang and defend with Draymond to get that abosolutely critical rebound with the game on the line.

What made the Warriors unbeatable in the 2016/17 years was Ezeli, Bogut, West, Speights...and of course Draymond. But they had a crap load of beg thick strong dudes. People hated playing the Warriors because of it.

All we have now....is Draymond. Chris is skinny...finesse player. Looney is not a beast...skilled and crafty but easy to move around.

To me that's the biggest weakness..and why Wendel Carter Junior from Chicago (pick swap) is a move. Myles Turner...depending on the deal.

Do something to get the above then bring in Crowder and you are set.

The way I would do it...2# for Chicago's #4....pick up Toppin or Deni with 4th pick. You've got WCJ. Big strong bruiser shown giving Giannis and Embiid problems.

Then use the MLE or the TPE and bring in Crowder.

Now Warriors can't be pushed around. They have a big line up that can go small.

There...done...Championship roster with no weaknesses.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#12 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:51 am

we're lacking Warriors basketball

we're going to go about 10 months without watching a single game
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#13 » by Warriorfan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:03 am

Iggy return with TPE? , Livingston Trade down draft (Haliberton), Bogut (D12?)/ replacements.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#14 » by xdrta+ » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:10 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Warriors lack toughness at PF or Center....They need that guy that will bang and defend with Draymond to get that abosolutely critical rebound with the game on the line.

What made the Warriors unbeatable in the 2016/17 years was Ezeli, Bogut, West, Speights...and of course Draymond. But they had a crap load of beg thick strong dudes. People hated playing the Warriors because of it.

All we have now....is Draymond. Chris is skinny...finesse player. Looney is not a beast...skilled and crafty but easy to move around.

To me that's the biggest weakness..and why Wendel Carter Junior from Chicago (pick swap) is a move. Myles Turner...depending on the deal.

Do something to get the above then bring in Crowder and you are set.

The way I would do it...2# for Chicago's #4....pick up Toppin or Deni with 4th pick. You've got WCJ. Big strong bruiser shown giving Giannis and Embiid problems.

Then use the MLE or the TPE and bring in Crowder.

Now Warriors can't be pushed around. They have a big line up that can go small.

There...done...Championship roster with no weaknesses.

Crowder is a FA, so the only way to get him is with the $5 million MLE. He can easily do better than that, probably with Miami.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#15 » by Mylie10 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:54 am

The second someone reminded me that Crowder and Butler were college teammates at Marquette, I knew we couldn’t get him.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#16 » by ShayDee » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:40 am

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
Playmaking: Wiggins is a good secondary playmaker after Steph and Dray. Poole is going to be our playmaker off the bench. It would be nice to add a vet floor general but I don't think it's a deal breaker.

Shooting: Off the bench we have a bevy of solid to good shooters in Poole, Lee, Mulder and I suspect Ryan Taylor will be offered a 2-way deal at least and possibly a roster spot. That's enough shooting between our starters and bench players that I think we'll be okay. We'll probably add a vet forward who will be a capable shooter as well.

Interior defense: I think our main vet addition, either via the TPE or FA will be a center that can defend big men inside. Whether that is Tristan Thompson or more of a rim protector like Dwight Howard remains to be seen.

Rebounding: I'm not that concerned with it. We've always been a team that needs to gang rebound. Our main big man addition will help in this regard as well.

Perimeter defense: I see it as a strength. Both Wiggins and Klay will be good to outstanding perimeter defenders. Dray's versatility allows him to excel in this regard. I would like to see the Warriors use their 1st round pick to get one of the many wings that could come in and be a credible defender from day one(Williams, Vassell, Okoro, Saddiq Bey).

Curry/Poole/Vet/Bowman
Klay/Lee/Mulder/Taylor
Wiggins/1st/Vet
Dray/Paschall
Chriss/Vet/Looney/Smiley

Most of my suggestions are young inexperienced players, but if heat, celtics and Nuggets can go far with such rosters, we can do so as well

Playmaking: Wiggins is a good secondary playmaker after Steph and Dray. Poole is going to be our playmaker off the bench. It would be nice to add a vet floor general but I don't think it's a deal breaker. Also if we can, Draft Malachi Flynn to serve the role as back up PG. Also draft Abdoulaye N'Doye. I can't remember who mentioned him months ago, but I kind of just brushed passed him as a prospect because he old and a late bloomer, I don't know about his shot, defense and so on. But Just today after seeing this thread, He is what we need. The next Iguodala. Extremely versatile, can pass, dribble, finish at the rim, defend multiple positions, 6'7" with 7'3" WS, played PG in France. Like get this man at whatever cost. He also shot 40% + from 3

Spoiler:
;ab_channel=NBADRAFTJUNKIES

;t=115s&ab_channel=AdamSpinella

;t=2s&ab_channel=AdamSpinella

Shooting: Off the bench we have a bevy of solid to good shooters in Poole, Lee, Mulder, BUT I prefer a cheap more reliable option than gleaguers, even if inexperienced we should give them a shot, something like find a shot in the dark like Duncan Robinson(I might sound hypocritical since he was in the gleague) but I want Desmond Bane from this years draft. Or Bey, Nesmith or a 2nd round shooter like Sam Merrill, Nate Darling, Nwora. Can play back up SG

Interior defense: I want Wiseman

Rebounding: I'm not that concerned with it. We've always been a team that needs to gang rebound. Our main big man addition will help in this regard as well. But Wiseman, Paschall with improvement, Rejuvenated Draymond, Jeff Green and Wiggins will be good. Also Steph is an underrated rebounder for an unathletic PG

Perimeter defense: I see it as a strength. Both Wiggins and Klay will be good to outstanding perimeter defenders. Dray's versatility allows him to excel in this regard. I would like to see the Warriors to also add Jeff Green through MLE. Him plus all the other additions on this post will handle perimeter defense

PG Curry/Flynn/Poole
SG Klay/Bane/Lee
SF Wiggins/Jeff Green /Abdoulaye N'Doye
PF Dray/Paschall/Smiley
C Wiseman/Chriss/Looney

A bit inexperienced, but an athletic, High BBIQ, High intelligence(apart from Jeff Green who might have questionable BBIQ), hard working, consistent set of players that I believe can get us where we want to be. We do not use the TPE cuz Lacob is cheap but we do not need to unless we get an above average player back.

Wiseman can hopefully grow into Bogut Role, Ndoye can serve as both Livingston and Iggy role. Bane is just a mini high IQ Klay role. Flynn is just an upgraded Bowman but is a tough high IQ 3 n D PG that I can trust as a back up. Jeff Green is another body to throw at AD/Bron and can be the C in small ball

Steph, Klay and Draymond can take this roster to the Finals. It will be up to extreme effort from the younger guys to play serious defense and prepare for the challenge of getting to the finals
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,691

Post#17 » by DAWill1128 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:45 am

I think we can get what we need done.

* TPE+Warriors 1st in 2021 for Igoudola and Nunn. We grab a vet wing and a spark plug backup ball handler. Heat clear space to pursue Oladipo.

* MLE on Mo Harkless. Harkless is 6-9 with a 7-2 wingspan and can defend 2-4.

* Draft Wiseman who can contest some shots and help on the boards.

Or

* TPE on Will Barton. Barton is a good vocal leader who can score at all 3 levels. Denver can clear some space for the younger guys.

* MLE on Baynes. Baynes gets to start and we get a banger who can screen, pass, shoot.

* Draft Avdija to play point forward. Adds some versatile size.
ClutchUp
Junior
And1: 121

Post#18 » by ClutchUp » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:07 am

A center that screens well and can protect the rim. Another 3 and D Wing. Those would be the main two.

I would love to replace Livingston and Iguodala but it's probably unrealistic we actually will.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#19 » by Flash Falcon X » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:18 am

This list isn’t actually bad.

All of that can easily be filled in by role players who come cheap, vets looking to sign with a contender, someone we can get with the TPE, or via trades that involve the #2 pick and the 2021 Minny pick.

The reason why I don’t consider the list bad is because we are not lacking a superstar and a 2nd option. We have Steph and Klay, and then Draymond who is much more effective when he’s alongside the Splash Brothers.

As long as we have Steph, Klay and Draymond. The rest of the roster will fill out easily. We already have Looney coming back healthy, Pashcall ready to improve even more and will benefit playing with the All-Stars, and Marquese Chris’s who will get a ton of lobs from Draymond, especially with the gravity being provided by Steph and Klay.

I even think Poole will end up being a pleasant surprise and could be one of our hot shooters coming off the bench. He plays with a lot of confidence and is looking to improve now that he has a year under his belt.
#DubNation
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#20 » by xdrta+ » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:20 am

DAWill1128 wrote:I think we can get what we need done.

* TPE+Warriors 1st in 2021 for Igoudola and Nunn. We grab a vet wing and a spark plug backup ball handler. Heat clear space to pursue Oladipo.

Iguodala is off the Heat books by 2021 off-season anyway, they don't need to dump his salary. And why would they give away Nunn, he's on a minimum salary.

Return to Golden State Warriors