ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond...

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

dshearn
Sixth Man
And1: 2,925

Re: Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond... 

Post#781 » by dshearn » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:07 pm

HerroBalls wrote:Guys come on.... imagine Harden in HEAT shape???

if you can keep Herro, you give it all.

Duncan, Nunn, Kelly, Iggy and 2 1sts

Do that after signing Bertans and Noel

Resign Dragic and Crowder with bird rights

Dragic/We always find good summer league PG's
Harden/Herro
Jimmy/KZ
Bertans/Jae
Bam/Noel

That sure seems like a no brainer. I don't know i thats enough to get a trade done tho.

I like Bertans, but the dude will make the defense slow... He cant get far from the basket on defense.
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#782 » by Dr_Heat » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:05 pm

Read on Twitter

:o :o :o
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#783 » by Dr_Heat » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:07 pm

Read on Twitter
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
wadenation305
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,247

Post#784 » by wadenation305 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:27 pm

MartyCONLONNN wrote:I think it's fairly clear that Miami is all in on Giannis. The real question is what re-tooling, if any, do they attempt this offseason. How does the Oladipo situation unfold? Does he somehow become part of the pitch for 2021? This offseason will be interesting on the ramifications of Bam's extension decision alone.

People keep bringing up the Bam contract like Bam is one of these me first what you doing for me rn kids of now days. From what I've seen from Bam he's not like that, regardless of what happens, he WILL be a max player whether it be next season or the one after that, I don't see him kicking and screaming if doesn't get it right now, knowing that if he waits a year when his contract is up, the team as a whole will be much better and he'll get to do a lot of what he cares most about....Winning. No matter what he will have what ever contract he wants from the Heat, even if he's injured next season, we know what he is. Bam and Jimmy are a different mentality than most of today's NBA players and that's one of the reasons why I love them so much, they want to win. Also I don't believe Dipo moves the needle for us, Herro can possibly be better this coming season than him, the onlything Dipo has on em relly would be defense, Only way I'd take em is if we're fleecing Indy and I got a very strong feeling it will be them trying to fleece us.
wadenation305
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,247

Post#785 » by wadenation305 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:39 pm

I wouldn't trade for Harden, he's a good one man team, but we're an actual team, his ISO heavy play wouldn't mix well with the team. He's like the reincarnation of Melo, extremely gifted on offense, to the detriment of the rest of the team as they relegate the rest to spot up shooters to wait till they remember how to pass the ball. It's not Championship basketball. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe even Kobe said Harden's style of ball can't lead to championships, besides the fact that getting him does nothing for one of our most glaring weaknesses.. Rebounding, in fact he would make it worse.

The only way I'd do it is if we talk to him prior and make sure he understands, that first he needs to get in Miami Heat shape no and if's or but's about it, if he can't agree to that he has no business near this team, star or not you will be benched if you do not comply, and secondly out here it's not gonna be the Harden show, this is the Miami Heat not the Miami Harden. Any sort of issue on those points that he has, keep it moving, you're not the piece we're looking for.

Also I wouldn't trade Herro in any package including him. My best offer Nunn,Kelly, DJJ, KZ, (if they want Myers or iggy for what ever reason throw them in along with the cursed iggie MOD) and every pick we have into the foreseeable future and even this years pick just lmk who you want us to pick for you. Assuming the convo with Harden went good and he agrees to the terms.
Miami590
Sophomore
And1: 188

Post#786 » by Miami590 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:42 pm

I would give up everyone except for Bam and Butler if Harden becomes available. A big three of Bam, Butler and Harden would be unstoppable.
Dc__20
Junior
And1: 753

Post#787 » by Dc__20 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:43 pm

I consider James harden alongside Carmelo one I’ve the most overrated players I’ve ever watched, not only is he a bad defender but he doesn’t even try.

With that said, if accompanied by Jimmy and Bam and gets an earful from Spo and Riley I could see the fit working due to his immense offensive capability
Dc__20
Junior
And1: 753

Post#788 » by Dc__20 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:47 pm

Also, so much of the nba is the fit, environment... that’s why I would be interested in trading for harden, given his glaring weaknesses
MartyCONLONNN
Analyst
And1: 2,315

Post#789 » by MartyCONLONNN » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:50 pm

wadenation305 wrote:
MartyCONLONNN wrote:I think it's fairly clear that Miami is all in on Giannis. The real question is what re-tooling, if any, do they attempt this offseason. How does the Oladipo situation unfold? Does he somehow become part of the pitch for 2021? This offseason will be interesting on the ramifications of Bam's extension decision alone.

People keep bringing up the Bam contract like Bam is one of these me first what you doing for me rn kids of now days. From what I've seen from Bam he's not like that, regardless of what happens, he WILL be a max player whether it be next season or the one after that, I don't see him kicking and screaming if doesn't get it right now, knowing that if he waits a year when his contract is up, the team as a whole will be much better and he'll get to do a lot of what he cares most about....Winning. No matter what he will have what ever contract he wants from the Heat, even if he's injured next season, we know what he is. Bam and Jimmy are a different mentality than most of today's NBA players and that's one of the reasons why I love them so much, they want to win. Also I don't believe Dipo moves the needle for us, Herro can possibly be better this coming season than him, the onlything Dipo has on em relly would be defense, Only way I'd take em is if we're fleecing Indy and I got a very strong feeling it will be them trying to fleece us.

Personally I think this is a very fan-centric perspective. Anything can happen in a year to dissuade a team from committing 100M+. Example: If Bosh got blood clots the season before his free agency he would not have gotten a max contract. And look what happened to Boogie. He missed out on over a hundred million dollars with that achilles tear. Bam hasn't gotten his first big contract and unless there is a plan in place with a particular name and some indication of mutual interest, he will want his money and his agent will want his money for his client ASAP. Last time Heat fan's romanticized and took the money & respect component for granted, Wade walked away and we were all left with our jaws dropped.

Yes, Bam is a team player and wants to win but I do not believe he would leave his future security up to chance unless he was sold on a very detailed plan/vision. Even then, I still think it's not such an easy decision.. which is why Shams and people around the league are linking it so closely to Giannis.
Beenie
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,255

Post#790 » by Beenie » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:29 pm

wadenation305 wrote:I wouldn't trade for Harden, he's a good one man team, but we're an actual team, his ISO heavy play wouldn't mix well with the team. He's like the reincarnation of Melo, extremely gifted on offense, to the detriment of the rest of the team as they relegate the rest to spot up shooters to wait till they remember how to pass the ball. It's not Championship basketball. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe even Kobe said Harden's style of ball can't lead to championships, besides the fact that getting him does nothing for one of our most glaring weaknesses.. Rebounding, in fact he would make it worse.

The only way I'd do it is if we talk to him prior and make sure he understands, that first he needs to get in Miami Heat shape no and if's or but's about it, if he can't agree to that he has no business near this team, star or not you will be benched if you do not comply, and secondly out here it's not gonna be the Harden show, this is the Miami Heat not the Miami Harden. Any sort of issue on those points that he has, keep it moving, you're not the piece we're looking for.

Also I wouldn't trade Herro in any package including him. My best offer Nunn,Kelly, DJJ, KZ, (if they want Myers or iggy for what ever reason throw them in along with the cursed iggie MOD) and every pick we have into the foreseeable future and even this years pick just lmk who you want us to pick for you. Assuming the convo with Harden went good and he agrees to the terms.

Consider that Mia runs iso plays all the time with Dragic and Harden would effectively be taking over that role.

The Melo comparison is widely overstated. Harden is the superior passer and is one of the best pick and roll players in basketball. He and Bam would make for a potent pick-n-roll duo.

Harden would be coming to a team with an established culture and a formula for success which is a much different dynamic than what he was presented with when he arrived at Hou. I'm not really worried about his ability to assimilate because of that reason.

To get an MVP and the best scorer in basketball requires some coin. Hou will undoubtedly request all of Mia's young assets including Bam and Herro at the start of any potential negotiation. Realistically, Mia's not gonna part with Bam who they would want to pair Harden with, thus, Herro, Nunn, fillers, and picks would certainly have to be on the table to even get to Hou to consider a deal. Personally, if that was the framework of the deal, and Hou agreed, if I'm Mia, I'd make that deal.
Kobewade11
Head Coach
And1: 15,588

Post#791 » by Kobewade11 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:00 am

When they say Heat culture isnt for everybody, Harden is a guy that comes to mind.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#792 » by goodboy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:03 am

I go for 1-2 days and I see Harden talks... SMH NO PLS.

Horrific fit next to Butler.

Need a big star/versatile player in Dipo small guard.
Bright
Miami590
Sophomore

Post#793 » by Miami590 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:03 am

Houston would want Herro, Robinson, Nunn and this year’s first for starters then we would have to give up a whole bunch of future first round picks to get something done. Guys like Iggy and KO would need to be thrown in to make the numbers match.

We would still be able to sign Crowder and Dragic while still having the MLE though.
Miami590
Sophomore

Post#794 » by Miami590 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:09 am

goodboy wrote:I go for 1-2 days and I see Harden talks... SMH NO PLS.

How is he a terrible fit next to Butler? Butler prefers to be an all around player and he doesn’t care much about scoring so Harden would allow Butler to do what he does best. I think we can all agree that what we need the most on this team is a player who can carry some of the load on offence. Which is why Dragic’s absent in the final was a big reason why we lost.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,191

Post#795 » by Bishop45 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:16 am

Dr_Heat wrote:
Read on Twitter

:o :o :o

He knows Doc
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,008

Post#796 » by DayofMourning » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:19 am

DJJ and Nunn for Harden?
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,191

Post#797 » by Bishop45 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:23 am

However irrational, I can accept that ppl might think Harden would be wrong for this team-- whatever that even means. But what kind of calculus would make Giannis a better fit? Like, are we so good, that we could gain an MVP candidate and become a worse team?
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#798 » by goodboy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:27 am

Miami590 wrote:
goodboy wrote:I go for 1-2 days and I see Harden talks... SMH NO PLS.

How is he a terrible fit next to Butler? Butler prefers to be an all around player and he doesn’t care much about scoring so Harden would allow Butler to do what he does best. I think we can all agree that what we need the most on this team is a player who can carry some of the load on offence. Which is why Dragic’s absent in the final was a big reason why we lost.

He will disrupt majority of our offensive plays/schemes. Heat thrive on moving the ball and spacing the floor. Also Butler needs the ball in his hands most of the time to be effective. Harden will take all that away. Butler is a better playmaker/passer and facilitator.

I get hes the eye candy on the score sheet, but as you mentioned, dragic's offense was missed but his play making was as important to set up Bam for alot of those plays and points.

To conclude this, we were literally close to winning it all... Going up against 2 superstars, when we technically had none aside from Butler's run.

Not willing to gut up the team for Harden, no bueno baby pls.
Bright
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#799 » by DayofMourning » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:42 am

I believe we would have beaten LAL if not for the momentum killing injuries we sustained. Not sure who we can add thats willing to take a one year deal and make us better this year. Id expect most to take a multi year deal if they can get it. 4 year MLE isn't that bad anymore.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#800 » by DayofMourning » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:46 am

With Harden added to this team, we'd win it all. Trading everyone on this team to get him, and we wouldn't. Itd take Bam, Herro, Nunn and our pick. Giannis would never come here either.

Return to Miami Heat