ImageImageImage

Trade Ideas Thread, 2020-21

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Re: Trade Ideas Thread, 2020-21 

Post#521 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:37 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:Harden isn’t going anywhere. Russ will be the one who is moved

Yup Russ will be moved and then what do u think happens next? harden stays and plays with Mitchell Robinson and frank ntilikina? Nope. If Russ gets traded hardens going next either right away or within months after.

Logically yes everything I’ve heard is that Harden wants to stay in Houston and they have no plans to trade him.

They have no plans to trade him until they have plans to trade him, when after a team like the Knicks over pays and bails them out of Westbrook’s deal.

If westBrook is dealt harden will be gone next. We’ve seen this before. zero chance he stays in Houston if Russ is shipped out.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,676

Post#522 » by GoCeltics123 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:39 pm

Posted this in the offseason thread as well but this is an interesting article, lot of different execs have a lot of different ideas of what we should do:

Read on Twitter
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#523 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:04 pm

themoneyteam2 wrote:Harden isn’t going anywhere. Russ will be the one who is moved

Theyre not only moving one of them
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,673

Post#524 » by Tatumfor2 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:19 pm

Tatum would make him better. So probably more like 36-10-10.

Spoiler:
All I see:

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:Really don’t even care or want harden...I’m fine letting tatum keep making that leap and brown getting better. We will be fine. Don’t even think harden gets traded tbh nor would I care if he does somewhere else.

Turning down the chance to get a top 6 player in the league Whose a former mvp who finishes in the top 3 mvp voting several times Who still has 4 elite elite years left for a package where brown is the centerpiece is some delusional green goggles **** tho. Really bad.

Yah, he’d be arguably the best player in the conference and just put up 30-8-6 on 64% TS in the playoffs. Lets be real here.
Win it for Al!!! :pray:
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#525 » by captain green » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:18 pm

Floody100 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:.

Dont narc the website lol

Yeah we need to stop copying & pasting what is said on that page. I went over there yesterday & one of the board members was trying to find out which boards are posting their stuff on their own. They’ll lock it up if we’re not careful.

Spoiler:
I’ve got the link so just send us a pm if you want to read through it.

I'll take the Link in message. But a little confused what kind of site doesn't want to be veiwed?
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#526 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:25 pm

captain green wrote:
Floody100 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Dont narc the website lol

Yeah we need to stop copying & pasting what is said on that page. I went over there yesterday & one of the board members was trying to find out which boards are posting their stuff on their own. They’ll lock it up if we’re not careful.

Spoiler:

I'll take the Link in message. But a little confused what kind of site doesn't want to be veiwed?

Viewed and outing a poster who has legit sources across the Internet is a bit different.
captain green
Assistant Coach

Post#527 » by captain green » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:33 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
captain green wrote:
Floody100 wrote:

Spoiler:

Viewed and outing a poster who has legit sources across the Internet is a bit different.

Ok send me the link to it , I promise not to quote him
captain green
Assistant Coach

Post#528 » by captain green » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:03 pm

captain green wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
captain green wrote:I'll take the Link in message. But a little confused what kind of site doesn't want to be veiwed?

appreciate the link but meh I was expecting something different oh well I guess if I want to know what the Hawks are doing I can go in the Hawks nest as is were
Darthlukey
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 3,124

Post#529 » by Darthlukey » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:15 pm

captain green wrote:
captain green wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

appreciate the link but meh I was expecting something different oh well I guess if I want to know what the Hawks are doing I can go in the Hawks nest as is were

They are very well aware of RealGM. Somebody had posted a screenshot of something unrelated on their board.
From a Hawks perspective, one of the main guys kinda tries to avoid being totally Hawks oriented so as to defuse cranky Hawks fans with news/rumours they don't like. Tries to keep the news league wide
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,426

Post#530 » by playa-hater » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:27 pm

Darthlukey wrote:
captain green wrote:
captain green wrote:Ok send me the link to it , I promise not to quote him

They are very well aware of RealGM. Somebody had posted a screenshot of something unrelated on their board.
From a Hawks perspective, one of the main guys kinda tries to avoid being totally Hawks oriented so as to defuse cranky Hawks fans with news/rumours they don't like. Tries to keep the news league wide

what are we in communist China?? :-? :D
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#531 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:32 pm

captain green wrote:
captain green wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

It’s about the whole nba but I can’t read it and comprehend it for you
captain green
Assistant Coach

Post#532 » by captain green » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:49 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
captain green wrote:
captain green wrote:Ok send me the link to it , I promise not to quote him

It’s about the whole nba but I can’t read it and comprehend it for you

I read the supes bigboard he has similar takes as I do but I went through about 40 pages of them discussing pg13 and found no evidence of insight past that really. Only seen the Danny ainge fleecing warning which is obvious. But I do hope they make that dumb trade so we can continue to not to worry about the Hawks. Outside that I saw nothing about the Celtics. He had some Indy news but we already covered that here. Over all not bad takes supes seems to be legitimately savy though. also a couple of there posters said the Celtics can burn in hell, whoa when did Atlanta get all butt hurt about the best basketball team in the world ? Literally whole organization burn to the ground that's some serious hate. Also for trade purposes to not derail the thread. Kanter and 30 for a future 1st from Atlanta small bird's lol
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#533 » by themoneyteam2 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:50 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
themoneyteam2 wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Yup Russ will be moved and then what do u think happens next? harden stays and plays with Mitchell Robinson and frank ntilikina? Nope. If Russ gets traded hardens going next either right away or within months after.

Logically yes everything I’ve heard is that Harden wants to stay in Houston and they have no plans to trade him.

They have no plans to trade him until they have plans to trade him, when after a team like the Knicks over pays and bails them out of Westbrook’s deal.

If westBrook is dealt harden will be gone next. We’ve seen this before. zero chance he stays in Houston if Russ is shipped out.

I guess we’ll just disagree on this one.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,765

Post#534 » by Curmudgeon » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:26 am

The deal discussed by Eric Pincus on Bleacher Report is the same deal that has been discussed here at length-- the one for Turner. It does not move the needle very much for me, although I would have no objections. However, I would prefer Sabonis, who is a less athletic but much more fundamentally sound player.

Is Turner that much better than Andre Drummond? If I could get Drummond and Osman I think I would prefer that package to Turner and McDermott. T.J. Warren is probably untouchable at this point.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#535 » by playa-hater » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:29 am

what are your thoughts about Boston trading for Lauri Markkenan? Think he might be a real good answer for a Brad Stevens type center with some upside. Still low Cap hit. Maybe VP + the 14 pick? might even consider throwing in #30.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#536 » by playa-hater » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:33 am

Curmudgeon wrote:The deal discussed by Eric Pincus on Bleacher Report is the same deal that has been discussed here at length-- the one for Turner. It does not move the needle very much for me, although I would have no objections. However, I would prefer Sabonis, who is a less athletic but much more fundamentally sound player.

Is Turner that much better than Andre Drummond? If I could get Drummond and Osman I think I would prefer that package to Turner and McDermott. T.J. Warren is probably untouchable at this point.

I always thought Drummond went from overrated to underrated. And I like him.. but worry that he doesn't fit Brad's idea of a center.. good food for thought though.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,676

Post#537 » by GoCeltics123 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:34 am

playa-hater wrote:what are your thoughts about Boston trading for Lauri Markkenan? Think he might be a real good answer for a Brad Stevens type center with some upside. Still low Cap hit. Maybe VP + the 14 pick? might even consider throwing in #30.

Don't see the Bulls moving him. He's too young. Him or WCJ.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,765

Post#538 » by Curmudgeon » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:16 am

playa-hater wrote:what are your thoughts about Boston trading for Lauri Markkenan? Think he might be a real good answer for a Brad Stevens type center with some upside. Still low Cap hit. Maybe VP + the 14 pick? might even consider throwing in #30.

Well sure, but for what package in return? I doubt if the Bulls would be interested.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West

"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,389

Post#539 » by Triple7 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:32 am

playa-hater wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:The deal discussed by Eric Pincus on Bleacher Report is the same deal that has been discussed here at length-- the one for Turner. It does not move the needle very much for me, although I would have no objections. However, I would prefer Sabonis, who is a less athletic but much more fundamentally sound player.

I always thought Drummond went from overrated to underrated. And I like him.. but worry that he doesn't fit Brad's idea of a center.. good food for thought though.

I think it’s about time Brad tweaked his system a little bit. Brad’s idea of a center doesn’t get us over the hump. It’s time he change things up. I like Drummond more than Turner. Turner looked disengaged and lazy at times. and drummond is probably cheaper. Maybe Brad could make drummond a monster on defense and rebounding.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,389

Post#540 » by Triple7 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:34 am

Can he rim protect? If not, then hard pass. I like him as a player, but he doesn’t fit what we need. Plus it would be costly to get him.

Return to Boston Celtics