George to Celtics (LAC/BOS/TOR/SAS)

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,200

George to Celtics (LAC/BOS/TOR/SAS) 

Post#1 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:21 pm

LAC trades: George, Green, McGruder, Beverley, Shamet (Outgoing 59M)
LAC receives: Derozan, Lowry, Smart (71M)

Boston trades: Hayward, Smart, Kanter, Poirier 14, 26 (Outgoing 55M)
Boston receives: George, Beverley, McGruder (Incoming 52M)

San Antonio trades: Derozan (Outgoing 28M)
San Antonio receives: Hayward, 26 (Incoming 34M)

Toronto trades: Lowry (Outgoing 30M)
Toronto receives: Green, Shamet, Kanter, Poirier, 14 (Incoming 15M)

Why for LAC: replace george with another local star, and acquire 2 veteran guards who will help the locker room chemistry and winning games
Why for Boston: consolidate their assets into acquiring a star in PG
Why for San Antonio: get a 1st for Derozan. Hayward will still keep them somewhat competitive
Why for Toronto: get a pick for Lowry and let him try to win with his best friend in a retooling year. Frees up $$ to keep Ibaka/FVV without going into tax
pad300
Sixth Man
And1: 383

Re: George to Celtics (LAC/BOS/TOR/SAS) 

Post#2 » by pad300 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:39 pm

SAS would at least consider it, but they would probably want more compensation; either a future draft pick or 14 as opposed to 26.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#3 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:43 pm

pad300 wrote:SAS would at least consider it, but they would probably want more compensation; either a future draft pick or 14 as opposed to 26.

FWIW you can just do that dallas trade of Hayward for THJ/Wright/18 if you want another pick. I was too lazy to include it here and make it a 5 team lol
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,486

Post#4 » by Patsfan1081 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:58 pm

pad300 wrote:SAS would at least consider it, but they would probably want more compensation; either a future draft pick or 14 as opposed to 26.

Aren’t they both player options? Unless you believe Hayward is going to have injury issues going forward I don’t see a major difference in value.
r0drig0lac
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,243

Post#5 » by r0drig0lac » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:05 pm

It is difficult to see an agreement with so many teams involved, but the amount received is good for all teams.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,579

Post#6 » by pacers33granger » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:29 pm

While the value seems fair, it's a tough ask for Boston imo. There's the major upgrade of Hayward to PG, but Boston doesn't need that kind of upgrade and you have to wonder how PG would take being the 3rd-4th option. The real problem is the big downgrade from Smart to Beverly. Beverly is still a great defender, but not on Smart's level and can't guard multiple positions the same way.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,170

Post#7 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:04 pm

Why for Toronto is my question? Who is your target at #14 please don't say Terry, I just don't see the value for Toronto. Shamat is okay and guys like Green and Poirier have little to no value. So this is pretty much Lowry for #14 and Shamat, idk if that makes Toronto better or worse
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,990

Post#8 » by Floody100 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:06 pm

Boston says no ... then calls back to say no again.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#9 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:32 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:Why for Toronto is my question? Who is your target at #14 please don't say Terry, I just don't see the value for Toronto. Shamat is okay and guys like Green and Poirier have little to no value. So this is pretty much Lowry for #14 and Shamat, idk if that makes Toronto better or worse

when i thought of this up it was to give derozan and kyle one last shot at the chip together, so it was more about doing lowry a favour. Raptors get some cheap cost controlled players to aid with their 2021 team without impacting their capspace too much. will also help with depth if powell or fvv is let go when the time comes. i actually don't know very much about the upcoming prospects but i figure late lotto/mid 1st is about the right value for lowry... :-?
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,540

Post#10 » by Celts17Pride » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:43 pm

Celtics don’t want Paul George. No thank you
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,360

Post#11 » by patman66 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:20 am

The celts need a def 5 not Paul George. Can't picture hayward and smart going out and a starting 5 not coming back.
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Post#12 » by pr0gr4m » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:24 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Why for Toronto is my question? Who is your target at #14 please don't say Terry, I just don't see the value for Toronto. Shamat is okay and guys like Green and Poirier have little to no value. So this is pretty much Lowry for #14 and Shamat, idk if that makes Toronto better or worse

when i thought of this up it was to give derozan and kyle one last shot at the chip together, so it was more about doing lowry a favour. Raptors get some cheap cost controlled players to aid with their 2021 team without impacting their capspace too much. will also help with depth if powell or fvv is let go when the time comes. i actually don't know very much about the upcoming prospects but i figure late lotto/mid 1st is about the right value for lowry... :-?

Lowry is going to be gone soon for nothing. If he could be turned into Maledon I would go for that trade. Maledon could be Toronto's next starter in their backcourt. He has a good size too which would compliment FVV.

Giannis
Siakam
OG
Maledon
FVV
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,110

Post#13 » by giannis and 1 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:25 am

Godaddycurse wrote:LAC trades: George, Green, McGruder, Beverley, Shamet (Outgoing 59M)

Why for LAC: replace george with another local star, and acquire 2 veteran guards who will help the locker room chemistry and winning games
Why for San Antonio: get a 1st for Derozan. Hayward will still keep them somewhat competitive
Why for Toronto: get a pick for Lowry and let him try to win with his best friend in a retooling year. Frees up $$ to keep Ibaka/FVV without going into tax

Don't see the Clippers doing it unless they're trying to become the Raptors east or something. Or if they feel like PG's injuries will have a significant effect on him long term.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:35 am

pr0gr4m wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Lowry is going to be gone soon for nothing. If he could be turned into Maledon I would go for that trade. Maledon could be Toronto's next starter in their backcourt. He has a good size too which would compliment FVV.

Giannis
Siakam
OG
Maledon
FVV
Is Theo Maldon the guy that's going to get Giannis Antetokounmpo here? Is he a decent prospect? Yes, but I don't think he's year one NBA ready right now. Kid is skinny at the NBA level he needs to put in muscle mass. Idk that Toronto team looks awfully weak to entice Giannis Antetokounmpo. Miami is much better than we are post deal. I think Masai runs this roster back and tries to add a Victor Oladipo, Paul George or someone like that via trade to show Giannis Antetokounmpo we have the right pieces to help him win
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer

Post#15 » by pr0gr4m » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:48 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Giannis
Siakam
OG
Maledon
FVV
Is Theo Maldon the guy that's going to get Giannis Antetokounmpo here? Is he a decent prospect? Yes, but I don't think he's year one NBA ready right now. Kid is skinny at the NBA level he needs to put in muscle mass. Idk that Toronto team looks awfully weak to entice Giannis Antetokounmpo. Miami is much better than we are post deal. I think Masai runs this roster back and tries to add a Victor Oladipo, Paul George or someone like that via trade to show Giannis Antetokounmpo we have the right pieces to help him win

I would argue a FVV, Maledon, and 1st would probably be enough for an expiring Oladipo if not an overpay.

Maledon's jump from the French league to the NBA is smaller than a college player to the league. He could definitely fit into the league seeminglessly and he would be very good next to Fred with his size.

The pieces that Giannis should be looking to play with are Siakam and OG. If not I would say trading OG should be considered more by Toronto fans.
enzino
Veteran
And1: 140

Post#16 » by enzino » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:08 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:LAC trades: George, Green, McGruder, Beverley, Shamet (Outgoing 59M)

c's say no. i wouldn't trade smart for Pg straight up
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#17 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:21 pm

pr0gr4m wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:Lowry is going to be gone soon for nothing. If he could be turned into Maledon I would go for that trade. Maledon could be Toronto's next starter in their backcourt. He has a good size too which would compliment FVV.

Giannis
Siakam
OG
Maledon
FVV

I would argue a FVV, Maledon, and 1st would probably be enough for an expiring Oladipo if not an overpay.

Maledon's jump from the French league to the NBA is smaller than a college player to the league. He could definitely fit into the league seeminglessly and he would be very good next to Fred with his size.

The pieces that Giannis should be looking to play with are Siakam and OG. If not I would say trading OG should be considered more by Toronto fans.

So you want to move Lowry, then the pick you get for him, then VanVleet and a first as well just for Dipo. To me that is a massive overpay. He could walk for nothing not to mention we have no point guard after your deal. I think Siakam and Anunoby are good starting points to potentially entice Giannis Antetokounmpo. I think Toronto needs a third piece like the potential Powell for LaVert deal or maybe try to see if you can get Kelly Oubre, Aaron Gordon or someone like that
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#18 » by NoZoLakers » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:59 pm

that's a great return for lac
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer

Post#19 » by pr0gr4m » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:39 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
So you want to move Lowry, then the pick you get for him, then VanVleet and a first as well just for Dipo. To me that is a massive overpay. He could walk for nothing not to mention we have no point guard after your deal. I think Siakam and Anunoby are good starting points to potentially entice Giannis Antetokounmpo. I think Toronto needs a third piece like the potential Powell for LaVert deal or maybe try to see if you can get Kelly Oubre, Aaron Gordon or someone like that

If a potential all star becomes available they could be used there. I would just trade Lowry for a late lottery pick because he will decline soon and his value will be nothing/negative.

I think a draft coming away with Maledon and Reed would be great. It would be a way for Toronto to get two very cheap role players for the next 4 years while opening up a ton of cap room.

Retaining Fred and Ibaka would be good from a value standpoint as well.

Ibaka/Reed
Siakam/Reed
OG/
Powell/Maledon
FVV/Winston
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#20 » by Mykhyn » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:25 am

I'd love this for the spurs. I might do it without the pick but a chance to add bolmaro on top of it? Yup

Return to Trades and Transactions