Put KD on 2018 Cavs.Does He Have the Same Scoring Run LeBron Had?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,148

Re: Put KD on 2018 Cavs.Does He Have the Same Scoring Run LeBron Had? 

Post#21 » by PaulieWal » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:09 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
uberhikari wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:East was so weak that year. The best team he faced was Boston without Kyrie or Hayward.

Durant would by far be the best player in the East. I see the same result.

Go look at KD's playoff numbers before 2016. After 2012 he got worse every post-season. He's not in the same tier as LeBron as a playoff scorer.

LOL pretty selective years. I seem to remember him outscoring LeBron head to head in the Finals.

And he also had more turnovers than assists in that series and had to be hidden on Chalmers who went off. KD wouldn't be able to replicate that 2018 run with the playmaking burden. No way.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#22 » by Sark » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:16 am

PaulieWal wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
uberhikari wrote:
Go look at KD's playoff numbers before 2016. After 2012 he got worse every post-season. He's not in the same tier as LeBron as a playoff scorer.

LOL pretty selective years. I seem to remember him outscoring LeBron head to head in the Finals.

And he also had more turnovers than assists in that series and had to be hidden on Chalmers who went off. KD wouldn't be able to replicate that 2018 run with the playmaking burden. No way.

You're talking about 23 year old Durant? Have you seen Lebron's numbers in his first finals in 2007?
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#23 » by PaulieWal » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:21 am

Sark wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

You're talking about 23 year old Durant? Have you seen Lebron's numbers in his first finals in 2007?

What does that have to do with anything? KD scoring more PPg in those Finals doesn't mean anything when he was so poor defensively and as a ball handler/playmaker.

Moreover, I dont see him having that kinda run on the 2018 Cavs. He's tiers below as a playmaker and floor general when compared to LeBron.
JordansBulls wrote:The Warriors are basically a good college team until they meet a team with bigs in the NBA.
PMONSTER
Head Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#24 » by PMONSTER » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:22 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:East was so weak that year. The best team he faced was Boston without Kyrie or Hayward.

Thank you! I couldn't believe what I was reading before your post. When did healthy KD stop being, worst, top 3 in the NBA?

He's making it to the Finals that year and he's scoring more because he'd have to.
NBA Playoffs.... I can never wait!
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#25 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:24 am

PaulieWal wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
uberhikari wrote:

I'm talking about 2017 :lol:

You're really bringing up 22 year old KD? How did LeBron do in the Finals at 22? Don't make me bring up those stats. He was horrific.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#26 » by PaulieWal » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:27 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

You're really bringing up 22 year old KD? How did LeBron do in the Finals at 22? Don't make me bring up those stats. He was horrific.

If you want to use 2017 as your argument when that was probably the most loaded team in the history of the league and use that as some sort of point be my guest. LeBron still balled out and didn't he average a triple double on great efficiency as well?
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#27 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:41 am

PaulieWal wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:

If you want to use 2017 as your argument when that was probably the most loaded team in the history of the league and use that as some sort of point be my guest. LeBron still balled out and didn't he average a triple double on great efficiency as well?

Doesn't matter. KD is just as good if not better scorer than LeBron.

Hes proven that time and time again. Including head to head in the Finals.

Nobody is saying LeBron didn't play great either.
PaulieWal
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#28 » by PaulieWal » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:43 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Doesn't matter. KD is just as good if not better scorer than LeBron.

Hes proven that time and time again. Including head to head in the Finals.

Nobody is saying LeBron didn't play great either.

As a scorer, I agree though I feel in the 2nd half of LeBron's career his playoff scoring has been more resilient in the playoffs.

But to answer the OP, I still don't think KD gets that Cavs team to the Finals because he's not a playmaker/floor general like LeBron and LeBron had to do that on top of being a scoring machine to keep the Cavs going.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,167

Post#29 » by mademan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:03 am

PMONSTER wrote:

Thank you! I couldn't believe what I was reading before your post. When did healthy KD stop being, worst, top 3 in the NBA?

He's making it to the Finals that year and he's scoring more because he'd have to.

You realize Cavs went to 2 seperate game 7's that year right? And were down 3-2. That was a terrible Cavs team and maybe Lebron's best playoffs...that is very hard to replicate
Magic Is Magic
Senior
And1: 503

Post#30 » by Magic Is Magic » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:09 am

That 2018 run was so special for a number of reasons. I will only list a few.

It was the only time in NBA history a player scored 30 ppg on 50% shooting for every single series.

1st round = 34/10/8 on 55%
ECSF = 34/8/11 on 55%
ECF = 34/9/8 on 52%
Finals = 34/9/10 on 53%

It has never been accomplished before not even by Jordan or Durant so the chances of it happening again will be very slim.

LeBron also punched in his highest rated Playoff PER thru the Finals in league history. It was his career best and the entire league best at 32.2 PER. Those two are just too much to overcome. And to the poster who said KD loses in the 1st round they would be right. That Cavaliers squad performed so terribly in the 1st round, give it a search it is all-time bad. And then Love getting concussed in the ECF when they were down 3-2. I can't see anyone including KD matching that historic Playoff Run by 2018 LeBron Raymone.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#31 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:55 am

mademan wrote:
PMONSTER wrote:

You realize Cavs went to 2 seperate game 7's that year right? And were down 3-2. That was a terrible Cavs team and maybe Lebron's best playoffs...that is very hard to replicate

I mean Love was an All Star that year and they had some good pieces like Krover, Hill, Hood.

I never really believed the Cavs were in trouble in that Pacers series and they had home-court.

Only series that was truly tough was the Celtics one. I don't see a rookie Tatum beating KD in the playoffs though. It wouldn't happen.

That Boston team wasn't very good either to be honest. You could make a case that it shouldn't have gone 7 in the First Place.

Do you really think any of those 3 teams had more talent than the Cavs did? I don't.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,395

Post#32 » by TheGOATRises007 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:58 am

He doesn't.
OfficialRef
Starter
And1: 2,413

Post#33 » by OfficialRef » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:59 am

He would do nearly as well (obviously doesn't mean> lebron)

He would actually have decent spacing this time, something he never had in okc since the harden trade
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,167

Post#34 » by mademan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:04 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
mademan wrote:
PMONSTER wrote:

I mean Love was an All Star that year and they had some good pieces like Krover, Hill, Hood.

I never really believed the Cavs were in trouble in that Pacers series and they had home-court.

Only series that was truly tough was the Celtics one. I don't see a rookie Tatum beating KD in the playoffs though. It wouldn't happen.

That Boston team wasn't very good either to be honest. You could make a case that it shouldn't have gone 7 in the First Place.

Do you really think any of those 3 teams had more talent than the Cavs did? I don't.

uhhh, ya? Why do you think Lebron had to play so well to eek out 2 series wins? And they were down 3-2 at one point against the C's and Love out with a concussion. I legit dont think anybody but Lebron gets that team to the finals
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#35 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:27 am

mademan wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
mademan wrote:

uhhh, ya? Why do you think Lebron had to play so well to eek out 2 series wins? And they were down 3-2 at one point against the C's and Love out with a concussion. I legit dont think anybody but Lebron gets that team to the finals

You could easily make the case that the Celtics series went longer than it had to.

The Cavs roster was clearly better. They had 2 All Stars, a bunch of good role players and Championship level experience.

You're telling me a rookie Tatum lead squad with no All Stars was better? Give me a break.
Arman_tanzarian
Veteran
And1: 2,712

Post#36 » by Arman_tanzarian » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:43 am

Nope. it''ll look like the season he lost to Memphis when WB went down.
uberhikari
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,763

Post#37 » by uberhikari » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:52 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
uberhikari wrote:

1. Nobody cares about KD's fake jewelry in GSW.

2. The OP is about what KD would do with LeBron's supporting cast in 2018, it's not about what KD could do with the most loaded supporting cast in NBA history. There's a reason why KD's playoff numbers went up once he joined GSW, and it's not because KD got better.
uberhikari
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by uberhikari » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:54 am

Sark wrote:
uberhikari wrote:

He led the NBA in playoff scoring in 2013, 2014, and 2016. When did he get worse, and how is that not in the same tier as Lebron, who has only led 3 times?

Have you ever heard of things like shooting percentages, or TS%, or advanced stats? Since when did merely scoring lots of points become the only criteria of how well you played?
uberhikari
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by uberhikari » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:01 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
mademan wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

You could easily make the case that the Celtics series went longer than it had to.

The Cavs roster was clearly better. They had 2 All Stars, a bunch of good role players and Championship level experience.

You're telling me a rookie Tatum lead squad with no All Stars was better? Give me a break.

I swear people like you aren't even worth debating because you always have an agenda and you never argue in good faith. Since when did a 37 year old Korver, George Hill, Rodney Hood, and K-Love averaging 15 ppg on 51 TS% become "good" role players? Go home, you're drunk.
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,811

Post#40 » by Homer38 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:10 am

uberhikari wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
mademan wrote:

I swear people like you aren't even worth debating because you always have an agenda and you never argue in good faith. Since when did a 37 year old Korver, George Hill, Rodney Hood, and K-Love averaging 15 ppg on 51 TS% become "good" role players? Go home, you're drunk.

The players who play for his team (Kyrie and KD) are all the best players in the NBA and they have no faults ... The other time he said Kyrie was a top 10 player in this league ahead of player like Luka Doncic :lol: :lol:

Return to The General Board