Spencer Dinwiddie Sees Himself As 'The Draymond Green, The Glue' Of Nets

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Spencer Dinwiddie Sees Himself As 'The Draymond Green, The Glue' Of Nets 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:30 pm

Spencer Dinwiddie said he sees himself in the "Draymond Green" role alongside Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant next season.

“Obviously, we don’t know who’s going to start, who’s coming off the bench. That’s with KD and Kyrie excluded, of course. But really with all of this being formed, I view myself if we’re going with the Golden State model as the Draymond Green, the glue.

"Sometimes, I get 10 boards, sometimes, I get 10 assists. Sometimes, I score a little bit more because obviously, we have a super dynamic point guard," said Dinwiddie on ESPN's The Jump (h/t Nets Daily).

The 27-year-old averaged 20.6 points and 6.8 assists last season.

Dinwiddie added that he wants to emulate the late-blooming career path of new coach Steve Nash.

"His basketball acumen is second to none. Multi-time MVP, one of the greatest point guards of all time, somebody that you can learn a ton from. And being in the position that I’m in, he also had the kind of career where he played some of his best basketball late. So, just a career-arc and career path that I would love to follow. So it’s a match made in heaven for me."

Via Nets Income/Nets Daily

MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Re: Spencer Dinwiddie Sees Himself As 'The Draymond Green, The Glue' Of Nets 

Post#2 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:32 pm

This dude talks too much
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Rhythm043
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,865

Post#3 » by Rhythm043 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:58 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:This dude talks too much

:lol: I was just about to post that myself.
On Gerald Henderson vs Derozan:
"Yes. Hendo is quite a bit better than DeMar.
So yes, I do believe he's currently the better player and do project that will continue to be in the future. I would also take Turner over DD."
--Throwback24,Jan 2014
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#4 » by tigerae » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:45 am

Wow, this team really thinks very highly of itself. How about you play a full season without injuries first and see where you end up. Then you can go compare who you are like on the team.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#5 » by MitchB3 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:57 am

tigerae wrote:Wow, this team really thinks very highly of itself. How about you play a full season without injuries first and see where you end up. Then you can go compare who you are like on the team.

What's wrong with what he said?
tigerae
Rookie

Post#6 » by tigerae » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:59 am

MitchB3 wrote:
tigerae wrote:Wow, this team really thinks very highly of itself. How about you play a full season without injuries first and see where you end up. Then you can go compare who you are like on the team.

Green has had quite a few accolades to go along with his championships, including Defensive Player of the Year and a bunch of All-NBA teams. He's not just a role player/glue guy and Dinwiddie isn't at his level.

To me, he either took a shot at Green to please his new teammate saying he's only a glue guy or he thinks that he's at the same level and he's just not there. He won't even be starting if everyone is healthy. As much I don't like Green for his antics, he is a starter on any team in the NBA and would be a huge impact on both ends of the floor.

In either case, maybe they should hold all the talking until they play a season or two with everyone healthy and see where they end up. Kyrie and his shot at LBJ, coaching being a "collaborative effort" now this nonsense. I mean, they got swept this year.
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,962

Post#7 » by Liam_Gallagher » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:08 pm

Kuzma, Green and THT for Dinwiddie.
Anthoine
Junior
And1: 35

Post#8 » by Anthoine » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:01 am

Liam_Gallagher wrote:Kuzma, Green and THT for Dinwiddie.

Hope this offer is a joke lol. I’ll take Spence over all three even if he was 40 years old.
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#9 » by BigHustle » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:04 am

Should be traded while he has value.
tigerae
Rookie

Post#10 » by tigerae » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:08 am

Anthoine wrote:

Hope this offer is a joke lol. I’ll take Spence over all three even if he was 40 years old.
No way the Lakers trade those guys for a bench player. Green's expiring salary at 15 million is one of the few trading pieces they have in hopes of getting a 3rd star if a player demands a trade and only wants to go to the Lakers. Dinwiddie only makes 11 million and has a player option 2nd year, making it much harder to get a deal done for someone making around 20 million when trying to match salaries.
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#11 » by Temuhjan » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:04 am

More like Avery Bradley and JaVale McGee for Dinwiddie. Nets can use both in their rotation. And if they can swing DeAndre for another shooter, then they can hang with the best of teams.

Danny Green would be a perfect with the Nets, but I doubt if the Lakers will give him up. Brooklyn will have to look for this missing piece in free agency.
meekrab
RealGM
And1: 8,921

Post#12 » by meekrab » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:43 am

Spencer Dinwiddie has never gotten 10 boards in an NBA game.
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#13 » by MitchB3 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:53 pm

tigerae wrote:
MitchB3 wrote:

Green has had quite a few accolades to go along with his championships, including Defensive Player of the Year and a bunch of All-NBA teams. He's not just a role player/glue guy and Dinwiddie isn't at his level.

To me, he either took a shot at Green to please his new teammate saying he's only a glue guy or he thinks that he's at the same level and he's just not there. He won't even be starting if everyone is healthy. As much I don't like Green for his antics, he is a starter on any team in the NBA and would be a huge impact on both ends of the floor.

In either case, maybe they should hold all the talking until they play a season or two with everyone healthy and see where they end up. Kyrie and his shot at LBJ, coaching being a "collaborative effort" now this nonsense. I mean, they got swept this year.

I don't see him taking a shot at Draymond Green, what he's saying that he could be that glue guy. Every team should have one of those. Someone that can bring the team together.

Return to Wiretap Discussion