Eric Bledsoe to Los Angeles

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Who would win?

Clippers by a lot
No votes
Clippers by a little
6%
Tie
18%
Bucks by a little
41%
Bucks by a lot
35%

Total votes: 17

DeathLineup
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,175

Eric Bledsoe to Los Angeles 

Post#1 » by DeathLineup » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:03 am

Eric Bledsoe & Ersan Ilyasova for Patrick Beverley & Lou Williams

Clippers acquire the best player in the deal. Move on from the old guards.

Bucks acquire a great sixth man. And add another great defender too.
#thevillain
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Re: Eric Bledsoe to Los Angeles 

Post#2 » by mattg » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:06 am

I'd do this for sure as a Bucks fan. A guard who can run PnR and shoot in place of Bledsoe fixes a ton of the team's issues despite Lou Will's shortcomings as a player.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,700

Post#3 » by Warriorfan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:13 am

Clippers like their depth. Bledsoe is not a star.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,955

Post#4 » by ejftw » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:48 am

I wouldn't trade Lou for Bledsoe, and def wouldn't do Bev for Ilyasova
illuminati666
Analyst
And1: 4,561

Post#5 » by illuminati666 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:12 am

I don't do this from the Bucks perspective. Bledsoe is better than both of them, you have too much liability offensively or defensively w Lou or Bev on the floor, this isn't the improvement that they need. There are a few better trades out there that this team could make for Bledsoe. CP3 should be the number 1 target
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,949

Post#6 » by RiotPunch » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:56 am

illuminati666 wrote:I don't do this from the Bucks perspective. Bledsoe is better than both of them, you have too much liability offensively or defensively w Lou or Bev on the floor, this isn't the improvement that they need. There are a few better trades out there that this team could make for Bledsoe. CP3 should be the number 1 target

If CP3 is not attainable, this deal is fine. We don't have a PnR, microwave type like Lou. We can mask his defensive shortcomings with Giannis and BroLo.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,143

Post#7 » by jbk1234 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:14 pm

For most teams, I'd rather have Bev than Bledsoe, but not for the Bucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by DeathLineup » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:33 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
illuminati666 wrote:I don't do this from the Bucks perspective. Bledsoe is better than both of them, you have too much liability offensively or defensively w Lou or Bev on the floor, this isn't the improvement that they need. There are a few better trades out there that this team could make for Bledsoe. CP3 should be the number 1 target

If CP3 is not attainable, this deal is fine. We don't have a PnR, microwave type like Lou. We can mask his defensive shortcomings with Giannis and BroLo.

Bucks currently need a microwave scorer like Lou. Luckily they are one of the very few teams that can afford to play a stupid defender in crucial minutes.
#thevillain
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by DeathLineup » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:35 pm

jbk1234 wrote:For most teams, I'd rather have Bev than Bledsoe, but not for the Bucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

I won't argue with your take. I don't disagree. Yet here's my take.

For most teams, I'd rather have Bledsoe than Lou, but not for the Bucks.
#thevillain
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#10 » by Vae Victus » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:30 pm

Are the Clippers intent on bringing back either/both of Harrell or Marcus Morris in this trade scenario?

I'd try to bring both back at reasonable deals if possible, although if i could only keep one i'd prolly keep Morris.

A big reason i'm willing to do this trade is that i think PatBev, Lou Will, and Harrell are a bit part of the chemistry issues plaguing the Clips atm. Bledsoe is more of a playmaker although less of a shooter than PatBev, Ilyasova is a fine stretch big that can play 4/5 without too much issue. Although i think i'd really prefer to S&T Harrell somewhere for a guard.

I think JaMychal Green will opt back in, current financial crisis makes playing the market this offseason dicey.

C - Zubac, Ilyasova, Kabengele
PF- Morris, Green
SF- Kawhi, MacGruder, Mann
SG- PG13, Shamet
PG- Bledsoe, Trade target from Harrell S&T

Use MLE for best wing/guard ring chaser on the market.

Personally i'm REALLY REALLY down on PatBev, Lou WIll, and Harrell.
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#11 » by giannis and 1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:40 am

I would do it if we strike out on CP3. Significantly improve our shooting from the PG position. And we would have the luxury of playing which ever one of Beverley/LouWill in different situations.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by DeathLineup » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:19 am

Vae Victus wrote:Are the Clippers intent on bringing back either/both of Harrell or Marcus Morris in this trade scenario?

I'd try to bring both back at reasonable deals if possible, although if i could only keep one i'd prolly keep Morris.

A big reason i'm willing to do this trade is that i think PatBev, Lou Will, and Harrell are a bit part of the chemistry issues plaguing the Clips atm. Bledsoe is more of a playmaker although less of a shooter than PatBev, Ilyasova is a fine stretch big that can play 4/5 without too much issue. Although i think i'd really prefer to S&T Harrell somewhere for a guard.

I think JaMychal Green will opt back in, current financial crisis makes playing the market this offseason dicey.

C - Zubac, Ilyasova, Kabengele
PF- Morris, Green
SF- Kawhi, MacGruder, Mann
SG- PG13, Shamet
PG- Bledsoe, Trade target from Harrell S&T

Use MLE for best wing/guard ring chaser on the market.

Personally i'm REALLY REALLY down on PatBev, Lou WIll, and Harrell.

That's indeed a BIG reason why I proposed this trade.

And I also agree that Marcus should be (much) higher in the priority list than Harrell.
#thevillain

Return to Trades and Transactions