ImageImageImage

2020 NBA Draft Thread, Part 2 -- (8PM, Wed, Nov. 18, ESPN)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#621 » by Darth Celtic » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:07 pm

Darthlukey wrote:
threrf23 wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
DET has talent. Blake Griffin, when healthy, is one of the best PF in the game. Kennard put up 16-4-4 with 40% from three. Rose has proven he's one of the better 6th man in the league. Sekou Doumbouya is a foundational piece.

Thanks for the laugh

I won't laugh, but Blake's days as a dominant player are well and truly past him. And if he can't play in 75% of his games, his days as a serviceable player are gone too
That's not even the best part to laugh at. The post keeps on giving. Sekou or however you spell it is foundation piece. Dude is sticking to his terrible draft take from last year.

Sent from my moto g(7) using RealGM mobile app
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#622 » by Darth Celtic » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:12 pm

On top of that he did 6 ppg and 3 rbs in 20 mins with per of 6. 28% from three 39% overall. What a bust.

BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#623 » by BostonCouchGM » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:49 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:On top of that he did 6 ppg and 3 rbs in 20 mins with per of 6. 28% from three 39% overall. What a bust.

cannot wait for the clueless to eat crow. Imagine writing off the youngest prospect in the draft playing on a tanking team with a terrible HC.

I remember this game thread and these people still wouldn't give him any credit so I imagine they'll never admit they're wrong. If you can watch that and not think he's got potential to be Siakam than you're just being obstinate.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#624 » by Darth Celtic » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:31 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:On top of that he did 6 ppg and 3 rbs in 20 mins with per of 6. 28% from three 39% overall. What a bust.

cannot wait for the clueless to eat crow. Imagine writing off the youngest prospect in the draft playing on a tanking team with a terrible HC.

I remember this game thread and these people still wouldn't give him any credit so I imagine they'll never admit they're wrong. If you can watch that and not think he's got potential to be Siakam than you're just being obstinate.
If that's the hill you want to die on. A guy playing in a terrible team with injured big man star and journeyman of who is about to get paid putting up numbers on a bad team yet he couldn't. Will he some day be a a starter and considered good. Even b star level like siakam? Maybe but he will never be the cornerstone of a rebuild unless him playing heavy mins gets you multiple first picks in the draft.

captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#625 » by captain green » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:30 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
Darthlukey wrote:
threrf23 wrote:
Thanks for the laugh

I won't laugh, but Blake's days as a dominant player are well and truly past him. And if he can't play in 75% of his games, his days as a serviceable player are gone too
That's not even the best part to laugh at. The post keeps on giving. Sekou or however you spell it is foundation piece. Dude is sticking to his terrible draft take from last year.

Couldn't care less about Griffin, but I'd straight up trade gwill, langford Edwards and the other 4 rookies for sekou right now every time no questions asked. Was my dude last year and still want him
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,532

Post#626 » by playa-hater » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:04 pm

I know many consider this draft a weak draft, and it may be if it is based on impact players in the top 10 top 3 etc.. No generational type talents... But if you look at it from a depth perspective, I find that it has potentially good role player deep into RD 2..

just using some of the typical decent mock drafts here, please note some of the players that may be either 1st or 2nd rders..

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

https://nbadraftroom.com/p/2020-2nd-round/

they have players listed in the 2nd Rd that also may be going in the 20 to 30 range..

players like, J McDaniels, J Ramsey, Dan Oturo, X Tillman, Paul Reed, R Woodard, Grant Riller, K Tillie, Isiah Joe, Josh Green, L Bolmaro, Mal Flynn, Cassius Stanley, Vernon Carey, Noci Mannion and Udoka Azubuike..

my point being, if Boston/Ainge/Stevens can sort through and get the right ones, Boston can strike Gold with 4 draft picks.

So while I don't mind consolidating picks for a more definite talent/s, I also don't mind using all 4 on bringing in players.. and let them all battle it out with 2019 draft picks.. and get the best 3-4 good ones from the 8 and I would be so happy.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#627 » by playa-hater » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:11 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:

not everyone develops right away. But either calling him foundational or to the other extreme, a bust, after one season is wrong on both sides...

On that note, I still have hope for Romeo...
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,411

Post#628 » by reload141 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:34 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
reload141 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
Wiseman is one of the players Boston is interested in moving up for. They have talked to the Warriors and other teams. Given that it won't be Tatum or Jaylen going out, pretty unlikely that we get him. Spurs also in on him.

We also apparently have interest in Okongwu, Okoro, Vassell and Jalen Smith.

Detroit makes the most sense to move up as they are devoid of talent and probably would make sense having multiple picks in the 1st round... but probably not high enough for Wiseman

DET has talent. Blake Griffin, when healthy, is one of the best PF in the game. Kennard put up 16-4-4 with 40% from three. Rose has proven he's one of the better 6th man in the league. Sekou Doumbouya is a foundational piece.

I wonder the Timberwolves would move the #1 for DET #7 and Kennard. Or would they take Wiseman and only do the trade provided Okongwu fell to #7. Or is this how the Warriors get out from under Wiggins contract? Take Kennard and #7 for #2 and Wiggins? Do you see anyone offering something better for Wiggins? In fact, would DET even have to include Kennard? It seems like the possibility for lots of trades exist due to how many last seasons of bad contracts will be opted in by the players:

Mike Conley
Gordon Hayward
Otto Porter, Jr.
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Evan Fournier
DeMar DeRozan
Andre Drummond
Nicolas Batum

and how many bad longer term contracts teams want to get out of:

John Wall
Tobias Harris
Al Horford
Kemba Walker
Chris Paul
Andrew Wiggins
Kevin Love
Draymond Green
Blake Griffin
Russell Westbrook

thing is, DET, having the most cap space in the league, is in the driver's seat. They can get an all-star level player(s) and draft picks just because they can absorb contracts.

Griffin is cooked.
Kennard when healthy is good but he struggled to be healthy this year.
Rose is not a foundational piece at all.

Sekou is literally their only decent piece moving forward
Spin Move
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,037

Post#629 » by Spin Move » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:47 am

Looking forward to them doing/releasing the combine measurments, some of my opionins could be swayed if players are in inch or two taller or shorter then advertised, for example, Paul Reed listed at 6'9 If that is 6'7 without shoes not interested, 6'8 Maybe interested. I want to see current wingspans and standing reaches on the big men we are looking at, some of these measurements we are seeing are from a few years ago and might be outdated.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#630 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:19 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:So I’m removing Vassell from my board after seeing him pull a Fultz and butcher his shot form

I officially retract this take. I think the video may have been a purposeful leak to better control the draft process.

I have elevated Vassell on my board — he’s a role player, like a Danny Green, but think he’d be a great fit overall.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,389

Post#631 » by Homerclease » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:47 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:So I’m removing Vassell from my board after seeing him pull a Fultz and butcher his shot form

I officially retract this take. I think the video may have been a purposeful leak to better control the draft process.

I have elevated Vassell on my board — he’s a role player, like a Danny Green, but think he’d be a great fit overall.

Something new come out?
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#632 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:27 pm

Homerclease wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Something new come out?

No, just remembered that everyone tries to control where they end up and this would be a brilliant way to get your way in today’s environment. If he wanted to drop to a playoff team, like say Boston, this would work.
Squigglepuffin
Junior
And1: 300

Post#633 » by Squigglepuffin » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:46 pm

Zeke Nnaji should be a lottery pick. He won't be, but he should be.

I think he'll be one of the best 14 players from this draft in 5 years time.

I just think he's quite raw and needs to be taught how to play basketball properly. He's only 19.

BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#634 » by BostonCouchGM » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:12 pm

Squigglepuffin wrote:Zeke Nnaji should be a lottery pick. He won't be, but he should be.

I just think he's quite raw and needs to be taught how to play basketball properly. He's only 19.

he's definitely underrated. Just goes to show you how deep and good this draft is that guys like him are being mocked late 1 and even in the 2nd round
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#635 » by Dogen » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:11 pm

playa-hater wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

not everyone develops right away. But either calling him foundational or to the other extreme, a bust, after one season is wrong on both sides...

I have hope for Romeo, but I was so disappointed when Danny passes on Sekou. I figured they wanted Herro, so when Herro got picked it seemed like a gift to get Sekou, who I thought was as the best of the three.

Then Herro goes full ham on us in the ECF. Well I still think Sekou has the highest potential.
Hey you! Can we come together?
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,874

Post#636 » by Jammer » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:34 pm

Is this a puke draft class?
neno
Rookie
And1: 918

Post#637 » by neno » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:07 am

Squigglepuffin wrote:Zeke Nnaji should be a lottery pick. He won't be, but he should be.

His teammate Josh Green is growing on me
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#638 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:25 am

░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#639 » by captain green » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:46 am

Numbers lie timelord has a total of 388 minutes played lol to whoever said his number are Better thies has over a thousand minutes played this year. In fact Rob in 2 years has not even totaled thies rookie year minutes about 300 short . Next year he has to get minutes at least 600 which will be almost double his minutes. In no way is timelord more talented than wiseman either just stop already. Timelord has a long way to go and by next year he has to deliver consistently in order to be trusted I know dude looks like a beast for four minutes vs back ups but dude isn't close to even being a starter. Thies was a damn German defense player of the year and player of the year.
We all want this dude to succeed but don't get it twisted by a small sample size stats.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#640 » by playa-hater » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:00 am

Dogen wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

I have hope for Romeo, but I was so disappointed when Danny passes on Sekou. I figured they wanted Herro, so when Herro got picked it seemed like a gift to get Sekou, who I thought was as the best of the three.

Then Herro goes full ham on us in the ECF. Well I still think Sekou has the highest potential.

I actually wanted Brandon Clarke..then Sekou

Return to Boston Celtics